Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,241 members, 7,811,678 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:03 PM

Boat Ride To Port Novo – Super Eagles Players React - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Boat Ride To Port Novo – Super Eagles Players React (39963 Views)

Super Eagles Hosted To Lunch At Ilashe During Boat Ride From Benin Republic / Leicester City Players React To Death Of Owner Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha (Photos) / Super Eagles Players React To Unbeaten Run In World Cup Qualifiers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boat Ride To Port Novo – Super Eagles Players React by Omihanifa: 3:22am On Mar 25, 2021
Super Eagles stars say their desire to get a comfortable result against Benin Republic in their 2021 Africa Cup of Nations qualifier on Saturday at the Stade Charles de Gaulle, Porto Novo is one of the reasons why they’ve decided to travel by sea to the neighbouring West African country.

NFF president Amaju Pinnick had earlier stated that it would be easier for the team to travel by sea for the encounter rather than spend a lot of time in traffic if they were to ply the route by road.

The distance from Lagos to Porto Novo on road is about 105km, while the standard driving time is 1hr 40 minutes, but with the traffic situation within Lagos State, the time it will take the team to reach their destination might be longer, hence the suggestion of an alternative means of transportation.

The decision from the country’s top football body has received mixed reactions from fans across the country.

Rangers duo, Leon Balogun and Joe Aribo, say the mode of transportation was not an issue, adding that a win was uppermost on their minds.

“Traveling by sea, it is what it is, we can’t use that as an excuse. We know what we have to do mentally and that is to win the match. I have never travelled by sea before,” Aribo told The PUNCH.

“I guess we have to be okay with it, I will say its a bit unusual but that’s just how it is. If they change it, it’ll be good if they don’t, we’ll be fine but the most important thing is that we get there in one piece, and win the game,” Balogun added.

“It will be my first time travelling by sea but I don’t really mind. All that matters to me and my teammates is to wear the jersey, represent our country and win the game,” in-form Galatasaray forward Henry Onyekuru said.

Defender William Troost-Ekong said, “As long as it is safe and we get there as quickly as possible, then It is fine.”

https://punchng.com/why-we-accepted-boat-ride-to-port-novo-eagles/

4 Likes

Re: Boat Ride To Port Novo – Super Eagles Players React by Jumlek2411: 4:13am On Mar 25, 2021
There is always a first time on everything in life. Safe journey and you all should make sure you make Nigerian proud.

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boat Ride To Port Novo – Super Eagles Players React by transfer101: 10:21am On Mar 25, 2021
No big deal here...

2 Likes

Re: Boat Ride To Port Novo – Super Eagles Players React by Tollanny08(f): 10:21am On Mar 25, 2021
Hope they will be safe ooo

7 Likes

Re: Boat Ride To Port Novo – Super Eagles Players React by MANNABBQGRILLS: 10:22am On Mar 25, 2021
It will be my first time travelling by sea but I don’t really mind. All that matters to me and my teammates is to wear the jersey, represent our country and win the game,” in-form Galatasaray forward Henry Onyekuru said.
Oh Boy! smiley

Isn't this just so impressive?
Some enemies of our darling nation rushed to click on the thread to read negative comments from our darling Super Eagles Players, but each and everyone of our handsome Bobos disappointed them all.

They want to read about them calling Nigeria zoo and sh#thole.
But they will all crawl in disappointment to the zoo they live in their villages.

GO, EAGLES GO.

We sane, good, honest, positive and hardworking Nigerians are with you as you travel by sea, road, air anytime.

We have no country to call our own.
NORTH, WEST, EAST OR SOUTH.
No place like home.

God bless Nigeria

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Boat Ride To Port Novo – Super Eagles Players React by ASUNDER: 10:22am On Mar 25, 2021
Pee
Re: Boat Ride To Port Novo – Super Eagles Players React by MANNABBQGRILLS: 10:22am On Mar 25, 2021
Going to Cotonou by boat, we do that all the time, there's nothing wrong in exploring other forms of adventure in Nigeria

God bless Nigeria

Kaysalas:

Abeg, where in lag can one take the ride from Lagos to Cotonou?
Port of Lagos (Apapa) to Port of Cotonou

duro4chang:
Why not Luxury bus? I hope you have original lifejackets for them. Don't risk people's lives .

TheGreatIYANU:

Valid question. I'm not sure why they should go through high sea stress before a major match like this.
Don't get it confused Great guys.
We know you really care about your country, especiallyour footballers..... rightly so.
Keep it up guys.
God bless you and people like you who cares.

But no be this kind boat dem wan take carry dem go grin cheesy wink
No be dis kin one d news dey talk o cheesy cheesy

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Boat Ride To Port Novo – Super Eagles Players React by Harrison995: 10:23am On Mar 25, 2021
Porto Novo is one of the reasons why they’ve decided to travel by sea to the neighbouring West African country

1 Like

Re: Boat Ride To Port Novo – Super Eagles Players React by christejames(m): 10:23am On Mar 25, 2021
Journey mercy to you all!

9 Likes

Re: Boat Ride To Port Novo – Super Eagles Players React by perdollar(m): 10:24am On Mar 25, 2021
Useless country

4 Likes

Re: Boat Ride To Port Novo – Super Eagles Players React by Chidex50(m): 10:24am On Mar 25, 2021
It's even safer coz all the safety apparatuses will be put in place

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boat Ride To Port Novo – Super Eagles Players React by Nobody: 10:24am On Mar 25, 2021
Boat ride and so?
Re: Boat Ride To Port Novo – Super Eagles Players React by fanikayode: 10:24am On Mar 25, 2021
Hahaha Nigeria

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Boat Ride To Port Novo – Super Eagles Players React by AsapKen(m): 10:24am On Mar 25, 2021
Not bad for people that are not water sick
Re: Boat Ride To Port Novo – Super Eagles Players React by Akalia(m): 10:24am On Mar 25, 2021
My stars. Fly eagles.
Re: Boat Ride To Port Novo – Super Eagles Players React by JOOHEL: 10:24am On Mar 25, 2021
This country don Taya me

Why use boat?

Omo nothing for this country dey work again

Who we offend?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boat Ride To Port Novo – Super Eagles Players React by 2Ways(m): 10:25am On Mar 25, 2021
If they will be safe, then no problem.
Re: Boat Ride To Port Novo – Super Eagles Players React by Switch07(m): 10:25am On Mar 25, 2021
Bad government if they have done the Lagos Badagry express way they could have use the road

3 Likes

Re: Boat Ride To Port Novo – Super Eagles Players React by spencekat(m): 10:25am On Mar 25, 2021
Fear don grip most of them,Well,travelling by sea except on an ocean going vessel of more than 140 LOA is not for the faint hearted.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Boat Ride To Port Novo – Super Eagles Players React by Pathokpo: 10:25am On Mar 25, 2021

6 Likes

Re: Boat Ride To Port Novo – Super Eagles Players React by Nobody: 10:26am On Mar 25, 2021
Na dem sabi.
Re: Boat Ride To Port Novo – Super Eagles Players React by Esanboy111(m): 10:26am On Mar 25, 2021
Flight nkor?

3 Likes

Re: Boat Ride To Port Novo – Super Eagles Players React by YourJesus: 10:27am On Mar 25, 2021
Verily verily I say unto you if you can't go to Benin and beat them almost 3 to nil then you're useless as usual. Go Eagles if you like soar high it is home of our business. Banditry, terrorism, corruption and senseless killings by the force don do us. In another news, Nigeria government will frustrate their winning by not paying allowance before heading out. Useless government headed by a lifeless president. Shalom

2 Likes

Re: Boat Ride To Port Novo – Super Eagles Players React by FairlyUSEDpussy: 10:27am On Mar 25, 2021
Well now that........amaju has been stupid enough enough to give detail bout their journey.........

I hope........Fulani pirates won hijack or kidnap them anyways.......

2 Likes

Re: Boat Ride To Port Novo – Super Eagles Players React by Sijo01(f): 10:27am On Mar 25, 2021
Happy cruising
Re: Boat Ride To Port Novo – Super Eagles Players React by kanayoNickel: 10:27am On Mar 25, 2021
Do you need creature effects in your movies.

Contact Lightpath studios for an effective visual effects : 09 05 one six seven 54 81

4 Likes

Re: Boat Ride To Port Novo – Super Eagles Players React by taretoofine(m): 10:28am On Mar 25, 2021
If you see mami water ehhhh tiliilillitilliilin
If you see mami water ehhhh.... Never never you run away. ....

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Throwback Photo Of Stephen Keshi With His Family / Top 20 Most Valuable Football Clubs In Europe (photos) / Sunday Mba Builds A Mansion In Abia (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.