Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,756 members, 7,824,167 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:09 AM

Starved Lion Died In Kaduna Zoo Because Of Hardship. - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Starved Lion Died In Kaduna Zoo Because Of Hardship. (778 Views)

Obituary Poster Of A Dog That Died In Ghana (Photo) / Belgian Woman Banned From Zoo After 4-year 'affair' With Chimpanzee / Innocent Onwubiko Adopts 3 Lions From Imo Zoo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Starved Lion Died In Kaduna Zoo Because Of Hardship. by Karemarealty288(m): 11:04am On Mar 25, 2021
Starved lion in Kaduna zoo died two weeks after viral reports ― Official

LATEST NEWS
By Muhammad Sabiu - Kaduna
On Mar 24, 2021

Four months ago around November 2020, there was widespread concern over the discovery of a starved lion in a zoo at Gamji creational Park Kaduna.
Recall that a visitor who went to the creational park to relax went to the zoo section only to find a starved lion on the verge of dying.

However, unknown to the workers of the park, the visitor secretly used his phone to take the footage of the starved lion and posted it on social media.
Accompanying the footage the visitor wrote, “I was so surprised. I felt so nervous and uneasy because it was my first time seeing a lion live. This is my first time in a zoo. I virtually saw them in movies, news and magazines. Actually, most of the animals in the zoo are not well-fed. They lack proper treatment or let me say-malnutrition
It, however, drew the anger of Nigerians especially some charity organisations concerned about animals freedom.

At the peak of the revelations, findings revealed the management of the park hurriedly banned visitors from coming to the zoo.

It was gathered that the lion including the hyena, squirrel and crocodiles also found in the zoo were hurriedly evacuated to an unknown destination.

On Wednesday, when Tribune Online visited the park to find out whether the lion has recovered, a staff of the park who wouldn’t like to be mentioned disclosed that the lion has died two weeks after its footage went viral.

‘”Yes, I can confirm that the lion has passed on barely two weeks when its footage went viral.

“Some veterinary doctors came to take the lion for treatment later, they came with the shocking news that the lion has died as a result of some complications.In the past two weeks, Nigeria recorded 3,414 new COVID-19 infections, which is the lowest the country has recorded since the beginning of the second wave of the pandemic in December.

In the penultimate week, (March 7 – 13), there were 2,300 cases, a reduction when compared to the 2,817 recorded in the previous week’s (February 28 – March 6)…Starved lion in Kaduna zoo died two weeks after viral reports ― Official

Re: Starved Lion Died In Kaduna Zoo Because Of Hardship. by extol1(m): 11:10am On Mar 25, 2021
they should have done this lion a favor by releasing it in sambisa forest. it would have been a great relief

1 Like

Re: Starved Lion Died In Kaduna Zoo Because Of Hardship. by DaddyRochie1642: 11:10am On Mar 25, 2021
If that Lion had known earlier that there's serious Hardship for this Naija he wouldn't have step foot in Naija at all grin grin

Truely, My Eyes have seen my Ears for this Naija.
Re: Starved Lion Died In Kaduna Zoo Because Of Hardship. by falcon01: 11:12am On Mar 25, 2021
extol1:
they should have done this lion a favor by releasing it in sambisa forest. it would have been a great relief
good idea except it is hungry and they have gun
Re: Starved Lion Died In Kaduna Zoo Because Of Hardship. by illicit(m): 11:15am On Mar 25, 2021
Why can't they be feeding it dead cultists, bandits, robbers, terrorists, dead police and soldiers
Re: Starved Lion Died In Kaduna Zoo Because Of Hardship. by dawnomike(m): 11:24am On Mar 25, 2021
What a wasteful nation... It cost approximately 5 million naira to buy a lion cub and we here in Nigeria starved a matured one to death.

(1) (Reply)

Deleted post / Puppies For Sale / Samoyed Puppies/adult For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.