Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,112 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:10 AM

Burna Boy Is Just Wasting His Time. - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Burna Boy Is Just Wasting His Time. (546 Views)

Shallipopi Should Enjoy His Time But I'm Taking Over Soon - J-rihno Boasts / Oluzystar In His Time Frame / How Mikel Obi Spends His Time In Russia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Burna Boy Is Just Wasting His Time. by lebete3000: 10:42pm On Mar 25, 2021
Being an avid follower of OluwaBurna since 2012, I've always believed he'll be the enlightenment Nigerians need music-wise. I followed him bumper2bumper each year, hoping Nigerians would see this nigga for who he really is, but what did I see?

"He makes good music but I'm not a fan"
"He's too fvcking proud"
"Hin too dey form oyinbo"
Etc.

Peeps went as far as voting a musician we can't even see his brake light again over him in the next rated headies, yet being the persevering individual he is, he never let that weigh him down.

He kept real easing bangers upon bangers. Switched his flow to Yoruba to appease the music loving masses, and became more indigenous, going on to best those already in that cadre. Yet ppl still no gree hin matter.

Now he's won grammy all by himself, and he said he had to believe in himself to do it, cos the country is one that doesn't even believe in itself, let alone have time to believe in others.

This statement struck a real chord in me, as it made me see a man who's been trying so hard to fit in and has used people's hatred as a motivation for success.

Make no mistake about it. That's a huge force to succeed, but it's also a deficiency in the form of a defence mechanism one adopts to soothe their egos of having free will, and not "giving a fvck about anyone".

Deep down within, Burna wants Nigerians to really wake up and believe in themselves. Not to cower down in fear and despondency and call it humility. But the average Nigerian's psyche is already warped beyond redemption to understand that.

I myself is planning vehemently to leave this fvcked up country ASAP to sane climes before they turn me to OluwaBurna.

BurnaBoy, as I said, I've been following you since 2012. You're fvcking talented! Unfortunately your talent is born out of a hunger to shame your haters. I know what it feels like, cos being the last born of the house, I was seen as the last & also the least!!! This made me work myself to the point of saying I rather get rich/die trying. Yet all I have is emptiness despite garnering it all.

My advice to you is to leave the shores of this God forsaken shithole, to saner climes where you can practice your art with TRUE passion, and not out of a void to fill by proving haters wrong.

Check out the "Twice As Tall" album. It's filled with how people have always underrated him, and how he's risen against all odds.

*UnderTheInfluence* grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy Is Just Wasting His Time. by MufasaLion: 10:48pm On Mar 25, 2021
Bro... You typed all this outta spaceship! cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Burna Boy Is Just Wasting His Time. by lebete3000: 10:50pm On Mar 25, 2021
MufasaLion:
Bro... You typed all this outta spaceship! cool

Bwahahahaha, I think that's one of his album. Though wasn't outta there tho, but I'm glad you liked it... wink
Re: Burna Boy Is Just Wasting His Time. by MufasaLion: 10:53pm On Mar 25, 2021
lebete3000:

Bwahahahaha, I think that's one of his album. Though wasn't outta there tho, but I'm glad you liked it... wink

Spaceship is the record label but Outside is the Album

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy Is Just Wasting His Time. by makermix: 10:53pm On Mar 25, 2021
dont b jelly
Re: Burna Boy Is Just Wasting His Time. by lebete3000: 11:10pm On Mar 25, 2021
MufasaLion:

Spaceship is the record label but Outside is the Album

Yeah capy that...was more fascinated by his association with Aristokrat records then. Knew he left them, but those bangers from Aristokrat never left him wink
Re: Burna Boy Is Just Wasting His Time. by MufasaLion: 11:11pm On Mar 25, 2021
lebete3000:

Yeah capy that...was more fascinated by his association with Aristokrat records then. Knew he left them, but those bangers from Aristokrat never left him wink

Yes, you're right bruv. Burna Boy is exceptional. cool
Re: Burna Boy Is Just Wasting His Time. by lebete3000: 11:11pm On Mar 25, 2021
makermix:
dont b jelly

Niggi you need help.
Re: Burna Boy Is Just Wasting His Time. by lebete3000: 11:17pm On Mar 25, 2021
MufasaLion:

Yes, you're right bruv. Burna Boy is exceptional. cool

A religious follower, but my opinion remains the same.

He might think he's "smooth sailing", but Naija people go drown am. Except he sings the rubbish Marlians who constitute 79% of music heads wanna hear...

He should just port abeg. Imagine, even foreigners like P.Diddy etc were the ones who believed he could make it to the level he's upped himself to right now.

Abeg make hon forget Naija bro. I trust my people. Them for go hin show one day just shoot am to death cheesy

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy Is Just Wasting His Time. by MufasaLion: 11:20pm On Mar 25, 2021
lebete3000:

A religious follower, but my opinion remains the same.

He might think he's "smooth sailing", but Naija people go drown am. Except he sings the rubbish Marlians who constitute 79% of music heads wanna hear...

He should just port abeg. Imagine, even foreigners like P.Diddy etc were the ones who believed he could make it to the level he's upped himself to right now.

Abeg make hon forget Naija bro. I trust my people. Them for go hin show one day just shoot am to death cheesy

LMAO grin grin grin. He doesn't even have much Naija fans. More reason he doesn't really give a bleep about them grin

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy Is Just Wasting His Time. by lebete3000: 11:28pm On Mar 25, 2021
MufasaLion:

LMAO grin grin grin. He doesn't even have much Naija fans. More reason he doesn't really give a bleep about them grin

Ma nigga, he does. Not to take anything away from him, he does deep down, else he won't sing and talk about no one supporting him.

I know what he's going through meen. It's called denial- about not giving a fvck, and making sure you prove it to the haters.

As I said, he's done an excellent job in shutting his haters up- still doesn't mean that would fill that void.

I wish I could elaborate more on this, but I had a swell time this evening.

Gotta retire meen.

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy Is Just Wasting His Time. by HRHQueenPhil(f): 11:29pm On Mar 25, 2021
Burna and u are both talented ..just forget the past cause u needs plenty of space for the future.. well done little one grin grin
Re: Burna Boy Is Just Wasting His Time. by MufasaLion: 11:33pm On Mar 25, 2021
lebete3000:

Ma nigga, he does. Not to take anything away from him, he does deep down, else he won't sing and talk about no one supporting him.

I know what he's going through meen. It's called denial- about not giving a fvck, and making sure you prove it to the haters.

As I said, he's done an excellent job in shutting his haters up- still doesn't mean that would fill that void.

I wish I could elaborate more on this, but I had a swell time this evening.

Gotta retire meen.

Lol... I understand what you saying bro. I been through it also.

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy Is Just Wasting His Time. by makermix: 11:44pm On Mar 25, 2021
lebete3000:

Niggi you need help.
niggy dont b jelly
Re: Burna Boy Is Just Wasting His Time. by WoundedLamb: 12:00am On Mar 26, 2021
I like some of his tracks but everyone mustn't be a fan. I don't see anything wrong with saying "he makes good music but I'm not a fan". That's respectfully acknowledging his talents while assertively stating his kinda music doesn't appeal to you. Music is an art, you just like what you like. Some other persons might say Asa or nothing, and that's valid too. The problem only arises when you feel you're better than others for having a different taste.

2 Likes

Re: Burna Boy Is Just Wasting His Time. by opomulero101(m): 12:48am On Mar 26, 2021
So underated i swear,
check his collabo features wit african acts like A.K.A,DA LES,SARKODIE,DAVE (Nigerian-british) MASTER KG
i STAN Him like mad,can't go a day without listening to his grooves,even have a playlist catalogue(strictly burna)

2 Likes

Re: Burna Boy Is Just Wasting His Time. by illicit(m): 3:44am On Mar 26, 2021
I love him since I heard 'Like to party'

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy Is Just Wasting His Time. by 360clips: 6:29am On Mar 26, 2021
This nigga drinking urine. Wtf?

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy Is Just Wasting His Time. by CivilzedTyger(m): 10:15pm On Apr 03, 2021
We have many like Burna who are truly talented but were unfortunate to be born in a country where music taste is really poor. Imagine a country/continent where Davido is an A lister and people like Brymo, AG, Falz are not even B list, except for Falz though. Wasted talents all over the place. Just get some money and feed ur family cos this is a fvcking disaster *Meek Mill*

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy Is Just Wasting His Time. by seoxpert(m): 4:21am On Apr 04, 2021
Just Passing by, will reach my destination soon.

(1) (Reply)

King Sunny Ade With 'gold' Rolls Royce In 1984 / T I Blaze – Sometimes / Oldschool: Who Remembers #daddyshowkey's Somebody Tu Len Se, Somebody Da Le Ru

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.