Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,687 members, 7,865,743 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 03:29 AM

Massive Troops Deployment In Southwest - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Massive Troops Deployment In Southwest (1336 Views)

Fresh Deployment In North-east: Police Lobby For Exemption / OSUN ELECTION; No Going Back On Troops Deployment –jonathan / Troops Deployment: A Gross Betrayal – Soyinka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Massive Troops Deployment In Southwest by Dotman01(m): 12:19am On Apr 16, 2011
^^^and who knows when the oil is gonna finish.
Re: Massive Troops Deployment In Southwest by ektbear: 12:26am On Apr 16, 2011
olabukola:

^^^^ Thought you said we gonna leave when the oil is finished

Hrm. My thought process was a bit more complicated than that.

Basically, I was under the impression that we didn't have much in terms of mineral resources in the SW. Seceding w/o an ability to replace the billions in lost revenue seems a bit silly to me; you'll just create some poor nation. Democracy and independence is nice, but equally important is revenue.
(In retrospect, the above reasoning was a bit shoddy and pessimistic; even if we doesn't have any mineral resources, setting up power and investing in manufacturing would easily offset FG allocations.)

Since then, I saw some posts by tyrant11 and othes that laid out exactly what mineral resources exist in the SW. It is more than enough to replace FG allocations.

Long story short, if the FG is unwilling to give free and fair elections, then other options need to be considered.
Re: Massive Troops Deployment In Southwest by yarodin: 12:37am On Apr 16, 2011
LOL, you people ain't going no where, ONE NAIJA for the rest of your miserable lives cheesy
Re: Massive Troops Deployment In Southwest by Sweetnecta: 12:38am On Apr 16, 2011
Whats with the cowboy hat on the head of this GEJ ? There is no other 'cultural' head gear he can put on? Are the yankee prierie 'fidora' made in nigeria?

can we imagine obama in kenyan hat/cap all the time?

is GEJ blood from the cowboy tradition?
Re: Massive Troops Deployment In Southwest by ektbear: 12:40am On Apr 16, 2011
yarodin:

LOL, you people ain't going no where, ONE NAIJA for the rest of your miserable lives cheesy
You really have no say in the matter, one way or another. Nobody is going to ask you before they come to a decision

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Igbo Just Lost Again!losing Ohakim Likely To 'defeat' Victorious Apga! / Nigerian Oil Minister Allison Madueke Buys 20 Million Euro Mansion In Vienna, Au / Labara Maku On Ait Live

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.