Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,782 members, 7,820,739 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:31 PM

A Nigerian From Lagos State, Member Of Gaddafi's Forces? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Nigerian From Lagos State, Member Of Gaddafi's Forces? (1364 Views)

Femi Kayode Reacts To ''Nigeria To Become 34th Member Of Muslim Nation'' / Man Treks From Lagos To Abuja To Fulfil The Vow He Made If Buhari Wins (photos) / A Crew Member Of Channels TV Was Stabbed At The Disrupted APC Rally In Rivers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Nigerian From Lagos State, Member Of Gaddafi's Forces? by opes: 2:42am On Apr 16, 2011

Re: A Nigerian From Lagos State, Member Of Gaddafi's Forces? by ektbear: 2:46am On Apr 16, 2011
Does that say John Wood? Or am I misreading the last name?

Zoom in:
Re: A Nigerian From Lagos State, Member Of Gaddafi's Forces? by koruji(m): 2:55am On Apr 16, 2011
Fake or bought passport.

A Lagosian named John Wood - now that is simply hilarious!!!
What about Paul Stone; Peter Book; James Chair

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: A Nigerian From Lagos State, Member Of Gaddafi's Forces? by fstranger5: 2:58am On Apr 16, 2011
^^^^

So you,ve never met a Nigerian with English names?

You must be one of those ara okos ( no offeinse)
Re: A Nigerian From Lagos State, Member Of Gaddafi's Forces? by koruji(m): 3:00am On Apr 16, 2011
Yes, but not like John Wood - Nigerians don't bear two english names especially on a passport.

fstranger5:

^^^^
So you,ve never met a Nigeria with English names?
You must be one of those ara okos ( no offeinse)
Re: A Nigerian From Lagos State, Member Of Gaddafi's Forces? by fstranger5: 3:06am On Apr 16, 2011
koruji:

Yes, but not like John Wood - Nigerians don't bear two english names especially on a passport.

Well, i have seen and met a lot of Ibo peeps with, strictly, English names.

So i dont think it is far-fetched that the guy in question is Nigerian. He looks like it.
Re: A Nigerian From Lagos State, Member Of Gaddafi's Forces? by koruji(m): 3:15am On Apr 16, 2011
I am not disagreeing with the two English names per se, but the kind of strange combination like John Wood - it seems clear what the guy did with the name e.g. Peter Stone; James Leaf - that is a rare combination for a Nigerian.

One more evidence is probably the street name - 13 A(O)melian St, Surulere, Lagos. Is that a real place?

He doesn't look any more Nigerian than a Malian, Ghanian, Kenyan or a citizen of any of the "black" nations of Africa.

I will be very careful with the this kind of stuff - people use the bad name that Nigeria has acquired due to the actions of a few (admittedly our government seems unconcerned) to substitute Nigeria for any bad thing they want to name.

We need to be careful.

fstranger5:

Well, i have seen and met a lot of Ibo peeps with, strictly, English names.

So i dont think it is far-fetched that the guy in question is Nigerian. He looks like it.
Re: A Nigerian From Lagos State, Member Of Gaddafi's Forces? by coldhearts(f): 3:18am On Apr 16, 2011
while we are on the far fetched stories - John wood  lol grin
That rebel could be an isreali, american, middle eastern or anybody really
The passport definitely shows great artistic work, one good job  grin
what a media, i see they've ran out of ideas, i can hold just about any passport up for the camera and make up some stories now : )
Re: A Nigerian From Lagos State, Member Of Gaddafi's Forces? by idnole4(m): 3:28am On Apr 16, 2011
In my opinion, most Nigerians has a middle name but this guy has none. I doubt if he's a Nigerian. Besides, the name combination is at least the number one clue that that's a fake name even if he is a Nigerian.
Re: A Nigerian From Lagos State, Member Of Gaddafi's Forces? by Nobody: 3:30am On Apr 16, 2011
I doubt it.

Doesn't look Lagosian, more like an aboki.  undecided But then Abokis dont have such names.
Re: A Nigerian From Lagos State, Member Of Gaddafi's Forces? by gernded(m): 3:33am On Apr 16, 2011
wood ko wood ni , plastic nko?
Re: A Nigerian From Lagos State, Member Of Gaddafi's Forces? by fstranger5: 3:36am On Apr 16, 2011
koruji:

I am not disagreeing with the two English names per se, but the kind of strange combination like John Wood - it seems clear what the guy did with the name e.g. Peter Stone; James Leaf - that is a rare combination for a Nigerian.

One more evidence is probably the street name - 13 A(O)melian St, Surulere, Lagos. Is that a real place?

He doesn't look any more Nigerian than a Malian, Ghanian, Kenyan or a citizen of any of the "black" nations of Africa.

I will be very careful with the this kind of stuff - people use the bad name that Nigeria has acquired due to the actions of a few (admittedly our government seems unconcerned) to substitute Nigeria for any bad thing they want to name.

We need to be careful.

First of all, the guy does not have two English names. He has just one English name, Wood. John is a christian name, any one can bear John.

There are a lot of Catholics in Nigeria bearing the name John.

So there is nothing crazy about a Nigerian bearing John Wood.
Re: A Nigerian From Lagos State, Member Of Gaddafi's Forces? by fstranger5: 3:37am On Apr 16, 2011
Does that mean that Ben Bruce is not a Nigerian?

WTF
Re: A Nigerian From Lagos State, Member Of Gaddafi's Forces? by dayokanu(m): 3:41am On Apr 16, 2011
Ben Murray Bruce

Even our president is Goodluck Jonathan
Re: A Nigerian From Lagos State, Member Of Gaddafi's Forces? by fstranger5: 3:42am On Apr 16, 2011
^^^^

Dont mind those Eediots.
Re: A Nigerian From Lagos State, Member Of Gaddafi's Forces? by opes: 3:48am On Apr 16, 2011
Rex Jim Lawson is from ijaw land
Re: A Nigerian From Lagos State, Member Of Gaddafi's Forces? by koruji(m): 3:50am On Apr 16, 2011
Oh yes, John is English for the Hebrew name Yo--something, just like Wood is the English name for what we call "Igi" in Yoruba.

Anyway, I am not interested in pursuing this more than is necessary.

My only concern is the alacrity with which Nigerians accept bad names they are called just because they now expect it to be so. We need to be careful, the world can turn from one side to the other in a blink.

[size=14pt]Who knows may be he is one of the agents Ghadaffi has being using or training to inflitrate Nigeria, with his penchant for contempt towards our country. Did you consider that?[/size]

Besides if you are really interested in making sure, you will doubt this to begin with and then see if it can be authenticated. What I am looking at are:
1.  John Wood could be Nigerian, but could also be American, British, or whatever.
2. Is 13 O(A)melian St, Surulere, Lagos a real place?

fstranger5:

First of all, the guy does not have two English names. He has just one English name, Wood.  John is a christian name, any one can bear John.

There are a lot of Catholics in Nigeria bearing the name John.

So there is nothing crazy about a Nigerian bearing John Wood.
Re: A Nigerian From Lagos State, Member Of Gaddafi's Forces? by BabaEleko(m): 3:52am On Apr 16, 2011
Hehehehe. . . . . . More like John Bull.
Re: A Nigerian From Lagos State, Member Of Gaddafi's Forces? by koruji(m): 3:52am On Apr 16, 2011
Come again!!! You must be high on your own fart, otherwise I don't see where name calling comes into this.  shocked shocked shocked

fstranger5:

^^^^
Dont mind those Eediots.
Re: A Nigerian From Lagos State, Member Of Gaddafi's Forces? by ektbear: 3:53am On Apr 16, 2011
I won't assume that the guy is Nigerian just because he carries a naija passport. If I was carrying a legitimate passport and was fighting overseas somewhere, then I wouldn't be flashing my identity anyhow. Overall, I remain a skeptic. Maybe he is naija, maybe not; I don't know.
Re: A Nigerian From Lagos State, Member Of Gaddafi's Forces? by fstranger5: 4:02am On Apr 16, 2011
koruji:

Oh yes, John is English for the Hebrew name Yo--something, just like Wood is the English name for what we call "Igi" in Yoruba.

Anyway, I am not interested in pursuing this more than is necessary.
My only concern is the alacrity with which Nigerians accept bad names they are called just because they now expect it to be so. We need to be careful, the world can turn from one side to the other in a blink.
Who knows may be this is one of the agents Ghadaffi has being using or training to inflitrate Nigeria, with his penchant for contempt towards our country. Did you consider that?
Besides if you are really interested in making sure, you will doubt this to begin with and then see if it can be authenticated. What I am looking at are:
1.  John Wood could be Nigeria, but could also be American, British, or whatever.
2. Is 13 O(A)melian St, Surulere, Lagos a real place?

John is a masculine given name in the English language. The name is derived from the Latin Ioannes, Iohannes, which is in turn a form of the Greek Ἰωάννης, Iōánnēs. This Greek name is a form of the Hebrew name יוֹחָנָן, Yôḥanan, which means "God is gracious". There are numerous forms of the name in different languages.

But to the ordinary Nigerian, the name John is a christian name, nothing more, nothing less. Just as how a name like Hakeem is considered muslim, not Arabic.

So  now that we both agree that the name, John, all other things considered equal, is just as Nigerian as Babatunde, Emeka, Adamu etc., the only thing odd in the guy's name is 'Wood.' Since a lot of nigerians bear English names as last names, a Nigerian mercenary bearing John Wood need not arouse any suspicion of dubiosity WRT him being authentic 'Naija'
Re: A Nigerian From Lagos State, Member Of Gaddafi's Forces? by idnole4(m): 9:20am On Apr 16, 2011
I won't assume that the guy is Nigerian just because he carries a naija passport. If I was carrying a legitimate passport and was fighting overseas somewhere, then I wouldn't be flashing my identity anyhow. Overall, I remain a skeptic. Maybe he is naija, maybe not; I don't know.

Is that a Nigerian Passport? Can a Nigerian Passport has the scripts on it hand written? Tell me if am wrong, I do not know of a Nigerian Passport that looks like that or anyone that is hand written. Perhaps in the 60s or 70s names can be hand written on passport but not at this moment in history.
Re: A Nigerian From Lagos State, Member Of Gaddafi's Forces? by Nobody: 9:29am On Apr 16, 2011
fake documents, fake name, fake everything.

anyone can claim wherever they like these days.

john wood indeed.

and is that supposed to be a nigerian passport.
Re: A Nigerian From Lagos State, Member Of Gaddafi's Forces? by presido1: 10:12am On Apr 16, 2011
Why are we our own enemies? How can somebody flash a hand written passport with address written on it and we still argue if he is a Nigeria or not. All of your arguing, don't you have passport? Is your address written on your passport? was it hand written. May looking at the last stamp you will notice that the passport number there is more than 7 numbers and Nigerian passport number starts with an alphabet.

SMH on the ignorance of most Nigerians here
Re: A Nigerian From Lagos State, Member Of Gaddafi's Forces? by idnole4(m): 10:30am On Apr 16, 2011
Why are we our own enemies? How can somebody flash a hand written passport with address written on it and we still argue if he is a Nigeria or not. All of your arguing, don't you have passport? Is your address written on your passport? was it hand written. May looking at the last stamp you will notice that the passport number there is more than 7 numbers and Nigerian passport number starts with an alphabet.

In fact its amusing that my fellow nairalanders here are contending if he's a Nigerian or not! Is that a Nigerian Passport? Abeg my people lipsrsealed
Re: A Nigerian From Lagos State, Member Of Gaddafi's Forces? by ayinba1(f): 10:30am On Apr 16, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

I doubt it.

Doesn't look Lagosian, more like an aboki.  undecided But then Abokis dont have such names.
Actually, ,the pix looks more like ibo than any other Nigerian tribe, but the guy holding the pp up, did he perm his hair or is he Arab?
Re: A Nigerian From Lagos State, Member Of Gaddafi's Forces? by gbegbs: 10:31am On Apr 16, 2011
it can happen that dis guy na naija guy . i heard not checked if true from a malian that gadafi pays 2000 dollars a week for his troops . so bet lot of people will jump on that . and GOOdluck jonathan am sure on his passport will have Ebele thats middle name i guess. so John wood i doubt am say na naija man. i know lots of Davis from lagos. Jane Oluwasola Davis, robert ayokunle Davis . and some more commot the middle name u go think say na oyinbo person den dey reffer to but then dey use their middle name on important documents like international passport. this guy John wood on a passport i   undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided cool
Re: A Nigerian From Lagos State, Member Of Gaddafi's Forces? by xterra2(m): 11:21am On Apr 16, 2011
presido1:

Abi woo
So many ignorant nigerians here

(1) (Reply)

Who Voted For This Man? / Lagos Rail Project Takes Off In 2012 – Fashola / Tinubu At 60: Looks Very Old And Sick!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.