Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,290 members, 7,818,988 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:31 AM

Multi Tenant Applications - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Multi Tenant Applications (527 Views)

Learn And Develop Real Life Web Applications In 11 Weeks / Which Programming Language Is Used For Android Applications? / Paystack Payment Integration With .net E-commerce Applications (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Multi Tenant Applications by Karleb(m): 9:41pm On Mar 26, 2021
Hey Devs! What do you understand by multi tenancy and multi tenant applications.

What are typical examples we have around?
Re: Multi Tenant Applications by qtguru(m): 7:39pm On Mar 27, 2021
Karleb:
Hey Devs! What do you understand by multi tenancy and multi tenant applications.

What are typical examples we have around?

I never understood Multi-tenant application because back then it was complex, but when Docker/Kubernetes came out, It gave me a better understanding, Where the application can have multiple instances. I have seen Multi-tenant handled with F5 and Docker and we had to move authentication from Session in Spring to redis. It feels harder but when implemented you see the advantage if any of the nodes are down, F5 is the one that knows which node are available and sends to the instance. That is my real life experience with it, We even used Queues to push a lot of jobs, so each instance is just pushing to the queue and jobs are been done.

I'm glad you brought this up, because during Interviews I am been asked alot about Distributed systems. It is something worth a read.

Note: I might be wrong, so pls I am open to corrections

5 Likes

Re: Multi Tenant Applications by Enceladus(m): 2:12pm On Mar 28, 2021
Multi tenancy IMO is when a saas, paas etc provides functionality and services to many users/companies (on a shared instance) which in turn then serves their own users.

For example Blogger is a fully blown blog application, but it it has many tenants/bloggers with each blogger with their subdomain. Another example is the good old Cpanel hosting.

I think QT is talking about multi instance.

2 Likes

Re: Multi Tenant Applications by qtguru(m): 2:49pm On Mar 28, 2021
Yeah I think so too I felt like I might be wrong
Re: Multi Tenant Applications by Karleb(m): 3:36pm On Mar 28, 2021
Enceladus:
Multi tenancy IMO is when a saas, paas etc provides functionality and services to many users/companies (on a shared instance) which in turn then serves their own users.

For example Blogger is a fully blown blog application, but it it has many tenants/bloggers with each blogger with their subdomain. Another example is the good old Cpanel hosting.

I think QT is talking about multi instance.

Thanks so much!

Happy palm Sunday. You make it so clear.

@qtguru thanks for the response and happy palm Sunday as well.

1 Like

Re: Multi Tenant Applications by Enceladus(m): 3:56pm On Mar 28, 2021
Karleb:

Thanks so much!

Happy palm Sunday. You make it so clear.

@qtguru thanks for the response and happy palm Sunday as well.

Don't mention it.
Re: Multi Tenant Applications by africonn: 6:50am On Apr 01, 2021
Encladeus views it from Functionalities
Qtguru from scalability none is wrong

To make a mult tenancy application scalable and not break after few clients acquisition the concept of distributed system is required.

Download system designs interview from G play store and learn about how big tech company were scaled. Scalable application design. I was somehow shocked when I saw what was involved in building scalable URL shortening service.

Las Las I am now only learn what I need for job. Local man is tired fams

1 Like

Re: Multi Tenant Applications by qtguru(m): 6:59am On Apr 01, 2021
africonn:
Encladeus views it from Functionalities
Qtguru from scalability none is wrong

To make a mult tenancy application scalable and not break after few clients acquisition the concept of distributed system is required.

Download system designs interview from G play store and learn about how big tech company were scaled. Scalable application design. I was somehow shocked when I saw what was involved in building scalable URL shortening service.

Las Las I am now only learn what I need for job. Local man is tired fams

Thanks alot I will download it, even me sef never too read Distributed Systems deeply, na when I reach that side. I felt the last statement same here too. too much to cover man don tire

1 Like

Re: Multi Tenant Applications by africonn: 10:02am On Apr 01, 2021
qtguru:

Thanks alot I will download it, even me sef never too read Distributed Systems deeply, na when I reach that side. I felt the last statement same here too. too much to cover man don tire

It's technically impossible, cos we will start going to low level stuffs and then realize we know nothing. It's better to learn what's need and leave the rest, I delete all my tutorials. I learnt docker, I have never used it in production maybe I would. What's d essence if it doesn't equals acc_bal += money_from_client.

2 Likes

Re: Multi Tenant Applications by africonn: 10:06am On Apr 01, 2021
The only thing now is I see something is hot I learn it and start applying for job in that, shikena. I won't be honest if i say all this na for passion. Meaning food with plenty beef and cold non alcoholic drinks must be served grin

1 Like

Re: Multi Tenant Applications by islamics(m): 5:29pm On Apr 02, 2021
Don't know if the below make sense to the thread but was reading through AWS and I saw this; I felt it might add to the knowledge of this thread.

EC2 runs on top of physical host machines managed by AWS using virtualization technology. When you spin up an EC2 instance, you aren't necessarily taking an entire host to yourself. Instead, you are sharing the host with multiple other instances, otherwise known as virtual machines. And a hypervisor running on the host machine is responsible for sharing the underlying physical resources between the virtual machines. This idea of sharing underlying hardware is called multitenancy. The hypervisor is responsible for coordinating this multitenancy and it is managed by AWS.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Job Vacancies / Discussing Facebook Outage / Web Developer Needed To Edit A Laravel CMS Script

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.