Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,916 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:01 AM

Will Naira Ever Get Back To #100 For A Dollar? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Will Naira Ever Get Back To #100 For A Dollar? (254 Views)

Naira Plunges To N575 To A Dollar Two Days After Aboki FX Update Suspension / Naira Hits ₦550 To A Dollar, EFCC Warns Banks Against FOREX Fraud / Naira Falls To All-time Low Of 527 Naira To A Dollar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will Naira Ever Get Back To #100 For A Dollar? by Franckelv230: 12:16am On Mar 27, 2021
I'm just curious, can any government do the magic of building naira to be strong enough that it will exchange for or less than #100 to $1

Prior to the year Buhari assumed power, naira was exchanging between #100 to #170 per dollar, but today it's between #400 to #500 per dollar. They keep on blaming it on the fall in price of crude oil as if Nigeria is the only oil producing country on earth.

We all know or must have read about Buhari's government back in the 80's where naira was very strong but the then government loosened the rope and the currency fell. I never read where it regained its power to the valu it was before buhari's led 1984 government. This makes me wonder if it can ever grow in value again as it keep falling under the same government as of the 84's.

A black nylon bag(polythene bag), Razor blade, small matches box, e.t.c now sell for above #30. Things that were #5 as of 4 years back.

Re: Will Naira Ever Get Back To #100 For A Dollar? by Nobody: 12:26am On Mar 27, 2021
For where! Apc still dey rule.
Re: Will Naira Ever Get Back To #100 For A Dollar? by NaijaTorii(m): 1:59am On Mar 27, 2021
Never!!!!!
Re: Will Naira Ever Get Back To #100 For A Dollar? by Franckelv230: 10:55pm On Mar 27, 2021
Shabaleen:
For where! Apc still dey rule.

I'm talking about after Buhari's rule
Re: Will Naira Ever Get Back To #100 For A Dollar? by nedekid: 7:25am On Apr 05, 2021
Oil price has risen so why has naira not appreciated?
The only way naira will appreciate will be if you slice out the unproductive North with the high population out of the equation.
If the population of SW, SE, SS, MIDDLE BELT, makes us 50m, our gdp per capita should thripple. The value of our currency will be stronger as less demand per head on our foreign exchange earnings.
Currently we are overpopulated. Imagine a family of 10 vs a family of 4 having to live on 100k monthly.

(1) (Reply)

.... / Is Your Home Short Of Electricity? We Can Help You Solve The Power Shortage / Get Paid $50-$100 Per Day To Upload Free Files Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.