Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,599 members, 7,955,209 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 07:33 PM

If I Were A President Or Governor In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If I Were A President Or Governor In Nigeria (225 Views)

Peter Obi: Kenneth Okonkwo Should Run For Senate Or Governor - Dozie / Pick A Christian As Senate President Or House Of Reps Speaker', CAN Writes / How Goodluck Jonathan Was Disrespected As A President (Throwback Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If I Were A President Or Governor In Nigeria by Ynix(m): 10:20am On Mar 27, 2021
One of the greatest bane of our country is that we have educated Illiterates as Governors, Presidents and generally as Political Office Holders.
Even though several of them are graduates in various levels, they are yet Illiterates in terms of governance and nation building. My reason for coming to that conclusion is that I have read from local and international books, going as far as historical as far as 500 to 1000 years ago and I have discovered that we have greatly been received, unfortunately the most deceived being our political office holders, I wish I could call them leaders but unfortunately they are not come to that level, many of them I mean.
I will like you to consider the following points.

1. Bad Economics of Debt Financing:
I remember reading a book titled the Confession of an Economic Hitman written by an american who was an economist sent to third world nations to confuse them with bloated forecast of Economic projection full of false and alarming growth rate. All they have to do is go convince the people and the political office holders that by spending so much money on infrastructure the Economy will grow at a very rapid rate, which is actually a lie. Then they convince them to build bridges, dams and several unnecessary Economic projects which we have accepted to be basis for Economic growth.
I got to know that it was on such premise that World Bank and IMF were created to limit the development of natural resources rich nations popularly know as Third world Nations. They push them into debt so that they won't be able to focus on the core areas that promote wealth creation and Economic growth which are skill based education and manufacturing instead they tell them build roads, build hydro electric power plants telling them lies of which the reality is that the real source of power that is cheap, affordable and more generative is the nuclear power.
So they tell them to borrow money, to finance those projects which leads to underfunding education, health and manufacturing.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If I Were A President Or Governor In Nigeria by donbachi(m): 10:23am On Mar 27, 2021
U wont make any difference..the system will destroy every good policy u bring to the table.
Re: If I Were A President Or Governor In Nigeria by Ynix(m): 10:29am On Mar 27, 2021
2. Wrong Economic Ideologies:

I graduated with a very weak thirds class, my closest friend then in school graduated as the highest record breaking CGPA of 4.85 of the school. One day in our fourth year I asked him, why are you here, he said to gain knowledge, I said good. Actually he only got it 40% right, I told him many are here to graduate and get jobs that are not existing.
Now back to wrong Economic Ideologies, my studies made me to know that some of the fellowship and international scholarship organized are not to help us but to brain wash the future office holders with running templates that will further hold us down in mediocrities.

For example in Economics they say Economic advantage meaning God bless us with enormous natural resources and they with intellectual resources so we don't have to manufacture we only need to send it to them. So wrong, very wrong yet our Economics trained graduates and experts have taken it hook line and sinker not redefining what they learned.
I imagine, how will a colonial master nation say to their colony about to get independence that you cannot know how to go about crude oil refining even in 100 years. And till date the companies from that part of the world are yet sapping over 70 % of the profits.
Re: If I Were A President Or Governor In Nigeria by Ynix(m): 10:30am On Mar 27, 2021
donbachi:
U wont make any difference..the system will destroy every good policy u bring to the table.
the solution does not need policies neither will it be limited by lack of policies, our problems are ideological
Re: If I Were A President Or Governor In Nigeria by donbachi(m): 10:33am On Mar 27, 2021
Ynix:
the solution does not need policies neither will it be limited by lack of policies, our problems are ideological
and u think our politicians does not have ideologies.they do.the system is like fibroid.it covers the entire womb from conceving.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If I Were A President Or Governor In Nigeria by chatinent: 10:39am On Mar 27, 2021
Sycophants will begin to cause problems to make your adminstration look the worst.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If I Were A President Or Governor In Nigeria by Ynix(m): 10:41am On Mar 27, 2021
Economic Projects:
As a newly admitted undergraduate of civil engineering I wanted to know more about the course I was offered so I dig into encyclopedia in the university library.
I discovered that several centuries ago, rail, roads and projects where public financed and not debt financed.
The people contributed to build their stadia, they contributed to build rails and roads.

Even most recently I discovered that after Microsoft went public, Gates bought 17 Billion shares in Canadian Rail Network. So I ask why are we borrowing to finance road and rail construction.

Whereas Many churches are boasting of operating in a special Economy, whereas the financing is based on crowd financing and equities.
Warren Buffett years ago also bought controlling shares in a local rail network in China.

I followed The News of NOI signing an agreement with Chinese Government for borrowing $300M for building Abuja to Kaduna Rail. One of the clause was that they will manage for about a decade and half.

I pitied my nation, I made a calculation then only to discover that if 50 Million Nigerians were taxed to pay 100 Naira monthly, in one year the amount borrowed would have been raised.

So I imagined, instead of borrowing why can't we use equities and raise $100 Billion for financing our rail,not as a government projects but as a money generating business.
This takes me back to the lies about Public Utilities being taught in senior secondary school course named Commerce

1 Like

Re: If I Were A President Or Governor In Nigeria by Easternmind(m): 10:53am On Mar 27, 2021
Ynix please go on!
Re: If I Were A President Or Governor In Nigeria by Ynix(m): 10:54am On Mar 27, 2021
High crime rate, Political Instability, Terrorism and Banditry.

I have come to discover that if you actually want to kill a tree don't cut the stem or the branches. Attack the roots.

To better understand the source and cause of the present bane of the northern nigeria I went back into history going as far as 16th Century only to discover that what is going on now is just a repetition and continuance of past chains.
One of the reasons why this is yet continuous is because of th goal of the fulani race to totally conquer africa a vision began in 14th Century when they came down to this part from the Middle East.
I discovered that the problem at hand is a spill over of past occurrences in Mali, Guinea, Ghana, Togo, Benin, Niger, Central African Republic and Chad among others, of which majority of the Fula Mbororo who are poorly educated and often victim conscious are the trending cause of the several chaoses.
I believe that the solution is de-radicalizing them is main solution, de-radicalizing them through positive based social engineering.

Poverty is a main cause of high crime rate, Economic Instabilities and political chaos. The Solution is Social Engineering and Strategic Wealth Creation Policies that are not biased
Re: If I Were A President Or Governor In Nigeria by heendrix(m): 10:58am On Mar 27, 2021
donbachi:
and u think our politicians does not have ideologies.they do.the system is like fibroid.it covers the entire womb from conceving.

You're bound to fail the moment you assume position with this mindset

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If I Were A President Or Governor In Nigeria by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 11:00am On Mar 27, 2021
The leaders are utterly useless

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If I Were A President Or Governor In Nigeria by Ynix(m): 11:09am On Mar 27, 2021
Economic Stability and Economic Growth.

If actually our Political Office Holders are intellectually sound and have a mind of their own, They will realize that the best way to remain relevant is to be visionary, raising giants who will be giants lik you.
It is not a bad idea if Nigeria is a world power, and our presidents are one of the most powerful man or woman in their times. Such cannot be if there are Economic Instabilities.
What actually is the cause of our Economic and political Instabilities, we should ask.
I have come to realize that the main cause of our bane in terms of political and economic instability is wrong education, orientation and social engineering.
We must create our own traditionalEconomic Ideologies which will be taught in our schools not the one created by china, usa or Europe.
It starts with being a visionary, by this I am not talking having goals like providing good electricity or road or pipe borne water, no.
I am talking about vision based leadership.
It was Simon Sinek who said that the role of the Leader is not to be in charge but to take care of those who are in charge. It all begins with being visionary, thinking for the better life of others.
Lu kwan Yu of Singapore at age 30 had a vision of ensuring that each and every Singaporean enjoy the best things of life and on that premise they synergize. The Leaders collaborate with the followers to create a great nation.
Singapore as a country with no recourses moved from poverty to Prosperity after being abandoned by Malaysia.
Most of the Health and Anti corruption policies we are trying to use but failed at were adopted from Singapore.
It was from Singapore that China learned about Developing their Economy

1 Like

Re: If I Were A President Or Governor In Nigeria by Ynix(m): 11:36am On Mar 27, 2021
Wealth, Wealth Creation, Common Wealth and Wealth Transfer.

On wealth we are talking about riches and Prosperity, good health being inclusive.

From my study from the Holy scriptures (Bible) and other materials. I discover that the core of Economic prosperity is not wealth, neither is it wealth creation but Common Wealth. If wealth is not common, the people are poor.
I often say, the likes of Dangote are actually poor not that he does not have money but that he has not made wealth common.

Our Holy Scriptures negates monopolies, as a matter of fact the reason for tax, storing food in the store house by Israel modelled after Joseph Economic Template was not for building houses or constructing roads and bridges but for solving social and economic problems most especially in the area of food, health and education.

If a leader is visionary he does not have to construct roads, instead he will raise giants who will construct roads. It is not a bad idea if someone decided to donate a bridge or road construction to his state or local government.
If the local government chairman, governor, minister or president get it right in terms of being visionary everything will fall in place.

For wealth and wealth creation it begins with mentality.
We are in a transactional world, people have needs around the world. If a national leadership can put in place structural system that makes the people pursue after creating value, being valuable and transactions are generated from there, jobs will be created, more people will want to venture into starting businesses and growth will thrive.
Instead of putting emphasis on academic education we should democratize productivity based education through apprenticeship programs.
When we become more committed to wealth creation and value creation and we have the mindset of leaving positive impacts on others as a people more jobs will be created.
It is not the role of government to create jobs or share money it is the role of the people.
That is a part of common Wealth.
Now the other area of common wealth is adequate management of our natural resources.
A good leader will not put his tribe person or cousin in an office, instead he will put a competent and resourceful fellow who is visionary like him.
With our resources, no one is supposed to be poor unfortunately we are because our office holders are babies who party and merry early in the morning, not saving for the future days of crises.
If I were a LGA, Governor or President I will ensure that each and every child born in the country has a saving plan of 18 years culminated from wealth creation via value creation and wealth management via sovereign wealth fund.
For the retirees even though they are retired they will yet be active and paid salaries for transferring legacies and skills learned over the years to younger ones.

1 Like

Re: If I Were A President Or Governor In Nigeria by markfem2: 11:41am On Mar 27, 2021
Where is Lalasticlala and the mods
Re: If I Were A President Or Governor In Nigeria by Ynix(m): 12:01pm On Mar 27, 2021
Tackling Unemployment.

A visionary leader, whether President, Governor or LGA chairman will reduce unemployment not by sharing money but by creating a productivity based vision.
For example an Elected Local Government Chairman who is a visionary with a mindset of leaving an indelible legacy will cast visions like.
I have the vision of driving Economic prosperity through Sport, Education, Agriculture, Entreprise Manufacturing and Tourism.
Even though our Local Government is in the Bush and our allocation is poor, we will achieve them by providing the following.
1. Networking Sport, Education, Agriculture, Enterprise, Manufacturing and Tourism for providing jobs for our youths and neighborhood communities.
2. We will achieve this by floating 7 companies from that will drive this which will all be under an holding company.
3. We will create our blue prints of setting up a 30,000 Capacity Stadium, 10,000 Hectares of farm for Oil Palm, Bamboo and Citrus Trees Plantation. The USA consumes $250M of Citrus yearly and the weather has damaged their citrus trees we will help them out by farming citrus. Nigeria imports $500M worth of Oil Palm annually, we will see to solving that problem taking care of 15% of that. Also US needs about $5M of Bamboo woods annually we will take care of that.
4. We will list our company on the NSE, LSE and NYSE just as Canadian Rail Network did so as to raise $3B to drive all of our vision. From this we will own 25% of it all and rake in $0.5B annually for the local government development.
5. We will turn out forests into Economic prosperity based systems by planting 100,000 Palm trees, 25,000 Citrus Trees and 15,000 Bamboo Trees.
6. We will create a synergy of natural and artificial tourism that will attract tourist bring in about $350M revenue. We will setup a zoo and Resort Center.
7. We will setup a foot ball club, basket ball club and Cricket Club and organize annual events that will bring in the best clubs to our local government annually.
8. We will setup our own university and polytechnic to cater for our economic growth and turn our local government also to an educational based Economy. Education will be almost free for our local students
All of this will be be by Public Private Participation.
To this effect, we want everyone to buy shares in our Holding.
We have constituted a 25 Man committee of the who is who of people from various communities in our local government. 10 being diaspora based and 15 are based in Nigeria

The easiest place to tackle unemployment is the local government and to do that it only requires being visionary and not allocation from the federal government
Re: If I Were A President Or Governor In Nigeria by Ynix(m): 12:11pm On Mar 27, 2021
Creating A Happy People and Unity Culture.

Everything lies in Leadership.

Everyone is need of help and solution, a leader is not in position to represent his people but to be for all. He is neither igbo, yoruba or hausa, neither efik or nupe. He represents the interests of all.

Some years back after Dubai had achieves their vision of being pioneers, now the goal was to make the people happy.
A young girl of 22 Years was selected to be The Minister of Happiness.
Another young chap of 27 was selected to be Deputy Minister of Artificial Intelligence, his vision was to ensure that by 100 years time Dubai would have become the International Capital for artificial intelligence make their people enjoy the best of life.
If you carefully read all I have written, you will realize that we are not too young to make positive impacts.

Before we begin talking about happiness we need to reengineer our Ideologies and economic systems.

That role is not in the hands of th old, it lies in our hands.

You don't have to be president, governor or local government chairman (mayor) to achieve all of this.

You just have to be informed, be educated internally and be a visionary.
Nigeria Needs you, Africa needs you to be better and Stronger
Re: If I Were A President Or Governor In Nigeria by capitalzero: 12:11pm On Mar 27, 2021
I hope this topic will reach the front page

2 Likes

Re: If I Were A President Or Governor In Nigeria by capitalzero: 12:12pm On Mar 27, 2021
OP is intellectual sound.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If I Were A President Or Governor In Nigeria by capitalzero: 8:17am On Mar 28, 2021
This topic has been abandoned. Na wa oh!!

(1) (Reply)

"Ugwuanyi Is Working To Ensure That There Are No Bad Roads In Enugu" - Ministry / Buhari Possesses Will To Lift Over 120 Million Nigerians Out Of Energy Poverty / Sanwo Olu, Received An Unwelcoming Gesture From Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.