Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,750 members, 7,820,587 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:42 PM

Course To Read When You Are 40 And Above In University - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Course To Read When You Are 40 And Above In University (4567 Views)

The Best Engineering Course To Study In Nigeria? / What Is The Best Course To Study As A Science Student.? / Anthony Chukwudi Mazeli, Soldier Tops His Class In University Of Lancaster, UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Course To Read When You Are 40 And Above In University by DarlingtonC: 8:29am On Mar 28, 2021
Ubongdemaga:
does the nature of my previous job matters? if u hav what to contribute in this matter u do and stop asking unnecessary questions.
Stop being silly. The questions were not necessary
Re: Course To Read When You Are 40 And Above In University by Nobody: 9:05am On Mar 28, 2021
Hashabiah:
My dear brother, you can study any course you so desire. But just know that you must be willing to work hard and put in the hours. Like me for example: I graduated from chemical engineering two years ago but I have always wanted to become a doctor . So, I have put in for medicine and surgery. Currently, I am in my late 30's, but this does not bother me ; it is all about focusing and doing that which gives you fulfillment in life. So chin-up and face the challenge!

Peace

This what I wanted to do, but fear wouldn't let me do such. If I had started by now I would have been done.
Re: Course To Read When You Are 40 And Above In University by Nobody: 10:07am On Mar 28, 2021
Ubongdemaga:
please where DECAGON located? am in akwa ibom state. do they have office in uyo? thanks
Lagos and Benin City

1 Like

Re: Course To Read When You Are 40 And Above In University by tonak(m): 10:31am On Mar 28, 2021
If you are based in Lagos, I can recommend some schools for you. Let me tell you a short story. A friend just relocated to Canada early this year. He called two weeks ago that AWS was selling like hot cake in Canada, followed by Azure.. with those certifications, you can work remotely and earn over 100k dollars per annum. Think about that. Software developer jobs full ground. Just make enquiries but if you are in Lagos call me 08033938813, I will point you to someone that can assist you. He is a trainer, very experienced.

Microsoft Azure
AWS
Software developer

You will thank me later[/quote]
Re: Course To Read When You Are 40 And Above In University by Nairalandwizerd(m): 10:35am On Mar 28, 2021
MufasaLion:
What have you been doing all these years?
its never too late. Stop blaming games.
Re: Course To Read When You Are 40 And Above In University by TUANKU(m): 11:32am On Mar 28, 2021
MufasaLion:

Kindly calm down. Did you write what you've been doing since 2012 in your post?. No.

State it or forget about my opinion.

Shalom!
Shove your opinion up your a.ss.
Re: Course To Read When You Are 40 And Above In University by merieam16(f): 11:50am On Mar 28, 2021
Matheusmartin:
Idiot!..

Is there any proof that the op is broke??.

Asking stupid, silly questions.
Dont mind dat mumu,he thought its only goin 2 school dat guarantee success
Re: Course To Read When You Are 40 And Above In University by Nobody: 12:07pm On Mar 28, 2021
fuckpro:

It all depends on you

The comptia exams are subjectives and objectives that doesn't mean its a walk in the park

The red hat is performance base exams meaning you are giving a task like you were in work place environment and asked to carryout a task
Its advisable you do comptia Linux before attempting red hat

How long ? that's completely up to you because pass mark is 80% so it is not how long but how well especially Linux you can't rush it you savoir the lessons like wine let it sink deep and well
Check out the exam cost of a red hat certification then you will understand

Pro,
Like I'm in this boat right now too.

Before the Linux and the red hat's, where can a beginner start from? The basics.
Re: Course To Read When You Are 40 And Above In University by fuckpro: 12:56pm On Mar 28, 2021
blizard44:

Pro,
Like I'm in this boat right now too.

Before the Linux and the red hat's, where can a beginner start from? The basics.

Comptia A+
Re: Course To Read When You Are 40 And Above In University by hartson(m): 3:11pm On Mar 28, 2021
chidieberesk3:
Pls how would I enrol for any of the IT course? I'm interested
Find any British Computer Society centre here in Nigeria .They have lots of pretty AI courses and enroll.

2 Likes

Re: Course To Read When You Are 40 And Above In University by hartson(m): 3:13pm On Mar 28, 2021
Buuks77:
if I get you well, are you suggesting he should take certification course on IT instead of going for a degree course in a university??
Yes,that's exactly what he meant
Re: Course To Read When You Are 40 And Above In University by Boye33: 3:55pm On Mar 30, 2021
fuckpro:

Software engineering, mathematics, statistics or computer science - even physics or chemistry

Any of these would do

The certification (skills) is what really helps

-phyton (core)
-Linux (core) (start with comptia Linux then move to Redhat certification)
-networking (core)(CCNA & CCNP) CCIE can wait start with comptia networking its easier to grasp
-comptia A + ( Foundation for the above)

Then when these are done
then start branding yourself I learnt this from a white guy and jobs will come looking for you even begging you

Forget all these cry babies on nairaland using a 20th century template for a 21st century challenge

Hello

I am a recent graduate of electrical engineering. I am currently interning with an ISP company.
I seem to be enjoying the work after months of dabbling into so many things (Data Analysis, Data Science) because I don't know which one would open the door.

I am currently preparing (taking tutorial videos) to take the CCNA certification so I'll have more qualifications but I don't seem to know where to go from there.

Rather than work on the front end of networking, connecting routers and switches, I would like to develop myself on the backend, like configuration and so on.

How can I go about this, what certifications do I need for these?
thanks.
Re: Course To Read When You Are 40 And Above In University by Wendy80(f): 5:51pm On Mar 30, 2021
Matheusmartin:
Idiot!..

Is there any proof that the op is broke??.

Asking stupid, silly questions.

Very silly and stupid questions, not like he had any advice for OP.

1 Like

Re: Course To Read When You Are 40 And Above In University by sageb: 6:17pm On Mar 30, 2021
Ubongdemaga:
Please which course is advisable to study in the university at the age of 42 as first degree. though I studied urban n regional planning up to 200 level before I dropped out 8years ago.

if you intend to study computer science, try my alma mater Uniuyo. we are the best in the NACOSS competitions.

1 Like

Re: Course To Read When You Are 40 And Above In University by TechCapon(m): 9:17am On Apr 05, 2021
tonak:
If you are based in Lagos, I can recommend some schools for you. Let me tell you a short story. A friend just relocated to Canada early this year. He called two weeks ago that AWS was selling like hot cake in Canada, followed by Azure.. with those certifications, you can work remotely and earn over 100k dollars per annum. Think about that. Software developer jobs full ground. Just make enquiries but if you are in Lagos call me 08033938813, I will point you to someone that can assist you. He is a trainer, very experienced.

Microsoft Azure
AWS
Software developer

You will thank me later
I'm writing my first Azure exam this month, second Azure exam (developer associate) is coming up next month.

1 Like

Re: Course To Read When You Are 40 And Above In University by Abumuslim: 2:03pm On Apr 05, 2021
TechCapon:
I'm writing my first Azure exam this month, second Azure exam (developer associate) is coming up next month.

Do you teach ppl?
Re: Course To Read When You Are 40 And Above In University by TechCapon(m): 2:18pm On Apr 05, 2021
Abumuslim:

Do you teach ppl?
yes, do you want to learn?
Re: Course To Read When You Are 40 And Above In University by tonak(m): 2:18pm On Apr 05, 2021
Can we have a discussion? Please call me on 08033938813. Thanks
TechCapon:

1 Like

Re: Course To Read When You Are 40 And Above In University by TechCapon(m): 2:25pm On Apr 05, 2021
tonak:
Can we have a discussion? Please call me on 08033938813. Thanks
definitely
Re: Course To Read When You Are 40 And Above In University by Abumuslim: 4:57pm On Apr 05, 2021
TechCapon:
yes, do you want to learn?
Yes, if it's affordable.
Re: Course To Read When You Are 40 And Above In University by TechCapon(m): 5:52pm On Apr 05, 2021
Abumuslim:

Yes, if it's affordable.
very affordable. Drop your whatsapp number or email me, lofty9000@gmail.com
Re: Course To Read When You Are 40 And Above In University by Abumuslim: 6:22pm On Apr 05, 2021
TechCapon:
very affordable. Drop your whatsapp number or email me, lofty9000@gmail.com

Check your email
Re: Course To Read When You Are 40 And Above In University by TechCapon(m): 7:11pm On Apr 05, 2021
Abumuslim:

Check your email
okay
Re: Course To Read When You Are 40 And Above In University by TechCapon(m): 5:40pm On Apr 23, 2021
fados4sure:
Hosea 4:6 said my people are destroy for lack of knowledge and I must tell you the truth I'm a witness. I have ND, HND, Top up in Europe and MSc in Europe but currently in Nigeria working with a certificate course in IT after looking for job to know avail

Take a course in IT either of the following:
Data Science

Artificial Intelligence

Cyber Security

UNIX

You can apply through DECAGON and if you can't afford the money, they will train you and after the training, they will connect you to work remotely and by then, you'll start paying
I've already passed the exam at Decagon, my problem now is guarantor. How do I go about this?
Re: Course To Read When You Are 40 And Above In University by Nobody: 6:47pm On Apr 23, 2021
TechCapon:
I've already passed the exam at Decagon, my problem now is guarantor. How do I go about this?
Congrats

Are you in Benin City?

I didn't go through DECAGON but, they normally use our office building for their training
Re: Course To Read When You Are 40 And Above In University by 5991ayo: 7:13pm On Apr 23, 2021
fuckpro:
...if you are looking to start a career go for IT

take professional certification and leave the country

You will sell like fuel on the street of Lagos

This paper degrees just gives you interviews and looking at your age you won't be having many call ups

Brand yourself

There are awesome ways to get way ahead of the crowd if you have 250k or less and enough enthusiasm you would see yourself in places you never dreamed
But you have to study hard and pass the necessary certification to get noticed
Then the secret of getting a job in 21st century that 99.99% of Nigerians will never know

pls where can we get dis IT training n at afordable cost

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Funny Meme Of Uniben VC / ASUU Set Date For Indefinite Strike Commencement / Uniben Students Beat Up Soldie who assaulted a Female Student At an ATM in Benin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.