Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,505 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:24 PM

See Burkina Faso's State-of-the-Art Road Network - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / See Burkina Faso's State-of-the-Art Road Network (3081 Views)

Burkina Faso Suspends BBC, Voice Of America For Two Weeks / Armed Attackers Kill 100 Civilians In Burkina Faso Village Raid / All Christmas Celebrations Canceled In Burkina Faso After Terrorist Attack (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See Burkina Faso's State-of-the-Art Road Network by Aconomist: 2:24pm On Mar 27, 2021
Hotice085:

You don't know how to send your message across
No, the point is that even dirt-poor countries like Berkina Faso can develop because their government is honest. No one is saying Burkina is better than Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: See Burkina Faso's State-of-the-Art Road Network by DonCandido(f): 3:40pm On Mar 27, 2021
Aconomist:
Visitors to Ouagadougou, the capital of Burkina Faso are impressed by the city's wide, spotless streets and easy flow of traffic -- a far cry from the daily gridlock of other African cities like Lagos or Port Harcourt. The Burkina government has embarked on a massive infrastructure push designed to ease congestion and improve quality of life in this impoverished West African state of just 20 million.

What a waste of scarce resources by a poor African nation.

An interchange for Okada and cows?

I mean, there nothing on the road fam.
Re: See Burkina Faso's State-of-the-Art Road Network by Aconomist: 3:56pm On Mar 27, 2021
DonCandido:

What a waste of scarce resources by a poor African nation.

An interchange for Okada and cows?

I mean, there nothing on the road fam.
They are building for the future. This is something Nigerians don't understand.
Re: See Burkina Faso's State-of-the-Art Road Network by Matheusmartin: 4:50pm On Mar 27, 2021
OkutaNla:
This Op is clearly anti-Lagos and Nigeria to say a these bullshit. All his threads are always based on falsehood. Lagos has more flyovers and interchanges than any other state in Nigeria, followed closely by Abuja, Ogun and PH. For him to open this thread on such an stupid premise reveals his seep seated ignorance. I doubt he has ever been to either Burkina Faso or Lagos sef. Probably grabbed the pix online just to disparage Lagos.

The interchanges below are all located in Lagos.

The op is an idoit.
A self hating one at that..

3 Likes

Re: See Burkina Faso's State-of-the-Art Road Network by DonCandido(f): 5:05pm On Mar 27, 2021
Aconomist:
They are building for the future. This is something Nigerians don't understand.

And the ones in Lagos, Ogun, Osun, Kano, Abuja, Port Harcourt to mention a few were built for the past?

1 Like

Re: See Burkina Faso's State-of-the-Art Road Network by Aconomist: 5:12pm On Mar 27, 2021
DonCandido:

And the ones in Lagos, Ogun, Osun, Kano, Abuja, Port Harcourt to mention a few were built for the past?
You will never hear me complain about Abuja. The other cities need ALOT of work.
Re: See Burkina Faso's State-of-the-Art Road Network by DonCandido(f): 5:50pm On Mar 27, 2021
[quote author=Aconomist post=100260464] You will never hear me complain about Abuja. The other cities need ALOT of work. [/quote

I beg to disagree with you. You cannot compare the state infrastructural development in Ouagadogou with any of these Nigerian cities. They are way ahead of Ouagadogou.

The amount spent on infrastructural development in these cities is more than Burkina Faso's total national budget for 3 years-budget funded principally by donor agencies and France.

Most Nigerians only want to be politically correct half the time when we speak ill of our country but we know deep down in our hearts that our country's economy and infrastructural development is still the best in the west Africa region.

It is not comparable.

1 Like

Re: See Burkina Faso's State-of-the-Art Road Network by Aconomist: 6:05pm On Mar 27, 2021
[quote author=DonCandido post=100261360][/quote] I don't like this complacency attitude. Nigeria's road network is not acceptable for a country of its size and wealth. Yes, we are the best in West Africa, but other countries are making better use of their much smaller resources.

1 Like

Re: See Burkina Faso's State-of-the-Art Road Network by agbolahan1991(m): 6:26pm On Mar 27, 2021
Na when Dem born Burkina Faso....
Even Lagos is bigger and greater than Burkina Faso ..
Seems u are not a Nigerian
Re: See Burkina Faso's State-of-the-Art Road Network by DonCandido(f): 6:28pm On Mar 27, 2021
Aconomist:
I don't like this complacency attitude. Nigeria's road network is not acceptable for a country of its size and wealth. Yes, we are the best in West Africa, but other countries are making better use of their much smaller resources.

Is see that you are doubling down on an obvious faux pas on your part in comparing a substandard interchange in a largely agrarian country with a vastly cosmopolitan one.

You may not know this because of politics, Nigeria has the highest road network in West Africa and each year, each state continue and the federal government to build more and more. At the same time are repairing existing ones.

Contrary to the urban legend that Nigeria is a rich country, it is in fact NOT. If you divide the total annual income with the population, you will see that we are not a rich country.

Unfortunately, the citizens have developed a sense of entitlement based on unrealistic expectations and believe in non existent wealth.

The malcontent citizenry compare the country with countries with less population but same income bracket and start to hyper ventilate all over social media.

Tunisia, Algeria, Morocco, South Africa etc. have fewer population and about the same resources as Nigeria (if not more). Their incomes are therefore adequate to cater for the infrastructural development of their countries and even have reserves.

If you must compare MY country with another, please make it an APPLE for an APPLE comparison.

Tired of indolent people not seeing and appreciating what we have achieved as a country.

Proud of my country and its achievements so far...

2 Likes

Re: See Burkina Faso's State-of-the-Art Road Network by Nobody: 6:59pm On Mar 27, 2021
Nigeria has better infrastructure.
Re: See Burkina Faso's State-of-the-Art Road Network by jagorinho: 9:00pm On Mar 27, 2021
DonCandido:

Is see that you are doubling down on an obvious faux pas on your part in comparing a substandard interchange in a largely agrarian country with a vastly cosmopolitan one.

You may not know this because of politics, Nigeria has the highest road network in West Africa and each year, each state continue and the federal government to build more and more. At the same time are repairing existing ones.

Contrary to the urban legend that Nigeria is a rich country, it is in fact NOT. If you divide the total annual income with the population, you will see that we are not a rich country.

Unfortunately, the citizens have developed a sense of entitlement based on unrealistic expectations and believe in non existent wealth.

The malcontent citizenry compare the country with countries with less population but same income bracket and start to hyper ventilate all over social media.

Tunisia, Algeria, Morocco, South Africa etc. have fewer population and about the same resources as Nigeria (if not more). Their incomes are therefore adequate to cater for the infrastructural development of their countries and even have reserves.

If you must compare MY country with another, please make it an APPLE for an APPLE comparison.

Tired of indolent people not seeing and appreciating what we have achieved as a country.

Proud of my country and its achievements so far...
very solid input.... Op lacks the tact in passing his message across maturely most times just like an agitated adolescent.

1 Like

Re: See Burkina Faso's State-of-the-Art Road Network by Cybercop2002: 10:32pm On Mar 27, 2021
jagorinho:

very solid input.... Op lacks the tact in passing his message across maturely most times just like an agitated adolescent.
i bow for you sir ,you restored my losted hope on my country had it been this is how majority behave on nairaland things would have been better thank for your wisdom

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Members Of The Femen Group Based In Europe 18+ Viewing / 40+ Strange Things (pics Included) Nigerians Will Find Only In India / 7.2 Magnitude Earthquake Hits Turkey And Leaves 138 Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.