Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,301 members, 7,954,196 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 02:01 PM

FICTION: A Lesson To Have A Self Description - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / FICTION: A Lesson To Have A Self Description (237 Views)

Fiction: A Fiery Adventure / Living In The Present - A Lesson In Letting Go / English Grammar Lesson (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

FICTION: A Lesson To Have A Self Description by Chrisbright352: 5:48pm On Mar 27, 2021
There once was a young boy, who was still in his early teens, he watched a movie titled "SOUL" and felt motivated and inspire to find the Purpose of his existence and invest more In himself."
When he was in his early teen and... Quite accomplished as a Singer. He had put in much time and effort to becoming the best of his version, he had received lots of criticism from friends, even family, none of this wave was able to stop him, he was moving fast in his achievements.
A singing competition was to be held among the biggest churches in his town. This was an opportunity, to finally fulfil his dream. He went for the auditioning.

At the verge of finally showing the world his raw talent. After singing,he went back stage still thrilled on the success of his own ministration. He met with the well renowned minister, who happened to also be a music director in his church and asked " Sir, How was my performance?.... Do you think I have a chance to win, even to the finals?"
The music director with a still look said to him " No, not like this. You don't stand a chance, let it go". And walked away.
This boy was so disappointed at himself, and went home heartbroken, he tossed aside anything that would ever remind him that he was once a singer and there he made up his mind never to sing again. "Singing are for weak people" he muttered to console himself. And from this day he came up with a perfect excuse to give for anyone who would ever ask why he stopped singing. People say he was once full of life, but now....

Years has passed, this boy had turned to a young man and had started working. One very day, news reached him that, the well renowned minister was rushed to the hospital. At an instant he heart beat rised, he was furious. He decided that he was going to see the man who ruined his life, breathe his last breath.

At the hospital the next day, he enter into the room where the man, who was by the time aged and grey headed, was laying on the bed. There both eyes met, immediately, the young who was furious, his heart melted, seeing the old man in his condition. Yet he was curious to know why the old man made that statement that day.

He asked " Sir, why did you say to me those hurting words, after I had finished singing in that audition." The old man still, gave him that still look, but this time he smiled and said to the young man " let me help you summarize to story. You wanted to be a great singer, you worked so hard to get to the height you dreamed of, you saw that competition as medium to show the world what you have invested all your time into and because I said you don't stand a chance you totally gave up, you gave up your dream, you gave up and the kind of you, you loved and always wanted to be, you gave up on the competition... What if i told you i was one of your admirerers. Those words was never meant to define you, it was meant to push you. Yes, I would be angry,I would be vexed at those words, but how you used that anger was what matters.

When people say you CAN'T, what should come to your mind is thousands of reason why the "t" should be removed. The reason you allowed my word define you was because you did not have a better definition of who you are. Never be bound by the words or comment from men. Let your self description define you.
Learn to say "I HAVE ALWAYS TOLD MYSELF"

Did you find this content helpful, let me know below the comments section.

(1) (Reply)

Be Contented / Hopeless / Distributors Needed For A New Book

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.