Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,860 members, 7,817,542 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:03 PM

HMM Algeciras, World's Largest Container Ship With 24,000 Capacity(Photos) - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / HMM Algeciras, World's Largest Container Ship With 24,000 Capacity(Photos) (56881 Views)

World's Largest And Most Spectacular Royal Palaces (Photos) / The Royal Caribbean's Wonder Of The Seas: Inside The World's Largest Cruise Ship / Container Ship Blocking Suez Canal Is Free After 6 Days (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: HMM Algeciras, World's Largest Container Ship With 24,000 Capacity(Photos) by shegun4sur: 9:35pm On Mar 28, 2021
iHart:
...because of your comment, I had to go back to try and count the containers. The best estimate I could get was roughly 4800. That ship can not carry 20,000 containers.

It can carry
24,000 20 feet containers
Or
12,000 40 feet containers

1 Like

Re: HMM Algeciras, World's Largest Container Ship With 24,000 Capacity(Photos) by geesilver(m): 9:39pm On Mar 28, 2021
shegun4sur:

Lekki
I doubt lekki can take it on completion.... except the draught is over 16m....
Re: HMM Algeciras, World's Largest Container Ship With 24,000 Capacity(Photos) by BobbieZion(m): 9:57pm On Mar 28, 2021
Poloyanabo2:

You commented off the point he's trying to make.
A torpedo or naval mine can drown any size of ship, unless the ship's hull is impenetrable and such thickness of steel is not used in building commercial seagoing vessels.

Torpedoes are for submarines and warships,they are not meant for cargo or passenger lines.
Re: HMM Algeciras, World's Largest Container Ship With 24,000 Capacity(Photos) by LarrySun(m): 10:17pm On Mar 28, 2021
Adekunlegold9ja:
HMM reminds me of better call saul
The briefcase.
Re: HMM Algeciras, World's Largest Container Ship With 24,000 Capacity(Photos) by Poloyanabo2(m): 10:21pm On Mar 28, 2021
BobbieZion:

Torpedoes are for submarines and warships,they are not meant for cargo or passenger lines.
Torpedoes are for all marine vessels, but since during war only submarines and warships are important to belligerent parties that's why merchant vessels are spared,
Its not like merchant ships won't sink if they are torpedoed.
Re: HMM Algeciras, World's Largest Container Ship With 24,000 Capacity(Photos) by Solmax(m): 10:47pm On Mar 28, 2021
DenreleDave:

I guess u opened this for me right grin

Those containers I am counting are not more than 10000 (ten thousand), infact they can't be upto that...

How can a ship carry over 20000 containers... I guess it's a lie, they are lying to us....

It can't be true... No ship can even carry 10000 containers...

I have counted those containers and they are not upto to 10k sef

You must not display your ignorance.. container ships have inner compartments that are not visible and the pictures displayed here are not it's full capacity. I don't see why you are thinking it's a lie. �

1 Like

Re: HMM Algeciras, World's Largest Container Ship With 24,000 Capacity(Photos) by magabounce(m): 10:20am On Mar 29, 2021
Professorcplus:
Random thought: This big ship carrying thousands of container is like putting all your eggs in one basket. One Torpedo is all it takes to sink it I guess

#ConstructiveCriticism is allowed
Ships sink,
Planes crash,
Trains derail,
Cars crash....
Na to choose ur risk wisely

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: HMM Algeciras, World's Largest Container Ship With 24,000 Capacity(Photos) by uzoma213(m): 1:38pm On Mar 29, 2021
BobbieZion:

Torpedoes are meant for submarines and war ships they are not meant for cargo and passenger lines.
that's why I said it is very unlikely it would ever encounter such. You sound as if there is a written law against using a torpedo against a container or cruise liner. What if someone decides to go rogue, man a submarine and start firing torpedoes at cruise liners?
Re: HMM Algeciras, World's Largest Container Ship With 24,000 Capacity(Photos) by BobbieZion(m): 9:34am On Mar 30, 2021
uzoma213:
that's why I said it is very unlikely it would ever encounter such. You sound as if there is a written law against using a torpedo against a container or cruise liner. What if someone decides to go rogue, man a submarine and start firing torpedoes at cruise liners?

What a scenario.
That is like firing a Boeing with an AA,they don't even cross the same paths,they take different routes.

Nobody is doubting the efficiency of a torpedo.
Re: HMM Algeciras, World's Largest Container Ship With 24,000 Capacity(Photos) by BobbieZion(m): 9:50am On Mar 30, 2021
Poloyanabo2:

Torpedoes are for all marine vessels, but since during war only submarines and warships are important to belligerent parties that's why merchant vessels are spared,
Its not like merchant ships won't sink if they are torpedoed.

They don't cross the same paths ,cause they take different routes.
I'm not doubting the efficiency of the torpedo.
Re: HMM Algeciras, World's Largest Container Ship With 24,000 Capacity(Photos) by Poloyanabo2(m): 12:43pm On Mar 30, 2021
BobbieZion:

They don't cross the same paths ,cause they take different routes.
I'm not doubting the efficiency of the torpedo.
Its not about crossing paths bro, sinking merchant ships during war is against the rule of war,
They use same routes and cross paths but once they have been confirmed to be merchant vessels,
They won't be harmed.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Python Killed At Flooded Lagoon Estate, Ogudu Orioke In Lagos / Trailer Saved Another From Falling This Morning In Lagos / Edmund Echukwu Dies At James Bond-Themed Sex Party In UK (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.