Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,437 members, 7,812,300 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:22 AM

Benin 0-1 Nigeria: Paul Onuachu Speaks After Goal (Photos, Video) - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Benin 0-1 Nigeria: Paul Onuachu Speaks After Goal (Photos, Video) (45457 Views)

Nigeria 3-0 Lesotho: Fans React To Substitute Paul Onuachu Volley Goal (Photos) / Nigeria 1-0 Burundi, Fans React To Ola Aina Hot Back Pass, Ighalo Goal (Photos) / Cristiano Ronaldo Shows Off CR7 Boots After 600th Career Goal (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Benin 0-1 Nigeria: Paul Onuachu Speaks After Goal (Photos, Video) by onuman: 11:51pm On Mar 27, 2021
mysportdab:
Paul Onuachu has now spoken for the first time after his winner for the Super Eagles to defeat Benin 1-0 today.

He scored with a good header in the 93rd minute as the Super Eagles ended Benin’s eight-year unbeaten run at home.

Speaking after the match, Paul Onuachu said:

"I am just going to say, thanks to the nation for the push, they really pushed me to show what i have for the national team.

"I am so happy."

The Super Eagles remain top of Group L with 11 points from five games, and Benin are second with seven points.

The Super Eagles host Lesotho in their final Qualifier match on Tuesday in Lagos.

Watch Video;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53o9P_4-_hQ

Good boy Onuachu.

But you needed to understand the difference between nation and country.

Nigeria is a country but not a nation.

Nationhood can never come to Nigeria with the existing skewed political structure and system of government.
Re: Benin 0-1 Nigeria: Paul Onuachu Speaks After Goal (Photos, Video) by thundafire: 12:09am On Mar 28, 2021
Inspiration007:
Oshimehn for come in from bench, I was surprised not to see Onuachu heading the attack.
Person wey dey top goalscorers chart for Belgium.

All the same, Victory was ours today and that's all that matters

start from bench or not. If a player will have a bad day,he will surely have
Re: Benin 0-1 Nigeria: Paul Onuachu Speaks After Goal (Photos, Video) by Reference(m): 12:18am On Mar 28, 2021
SmartyPants:

On the contrary. Any schoolboy can pick the striker with the best goal scoring record. It takes a technician to overlook stats alone, and consider things like the suitability of the player for his system, for a particular game, and his chemistry with the style of play of other players.

Mbok, which kain Chemistry, abi na geography or history go make you bench your own low budget Lewandoski...

You go start am first. if e no work, change am. Nigeria jus no like fact and figures. Our head too full wit sentiment.

Clean sheet naim be takada for goalie. Number of tackles naim be application letter for defender. Number of completed passes naim be ticket for midfielder and gololo naim be voter card for striker.

All these tins oyibo dey call...form. No be posing as in big boy abeg oh.

2 Likes

Re: Benin 0-1 Nigeria: Paul Onuachu Speaks After Goal (Photos, Video) by iamimohtal(m): 12:27am On Mar 28, 2021
Op which Kian headline be this, was he dumb before ?

1 Like

Re: Benin 0-1 Nigeria: Paul Onuachu Speaks After Goal (Photos, Video) by JaneYave(f): 12:54am On Mar 28, 2021
Good lesson for Benin, next time they will talk less.
Re: Benin 0-1 Nigeria: Paul Onuachu Speaks After Goal (Photos, Video) by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 1:40am On Mar 28, 2021
I had same similar Vision this morning , the match will end in 1 to nil and I see the squirrel in jubilation... Unless what I saw is opposite but if the goal pass more than 1, I will quit nairaland
Re: Benin 0-1 Nigeria: Paul Onuachu Speaks After Goal (Photos, Video) by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 1:43am On Mar 28, 2021
If anyone wants to bet should bet it 1 to nil direct score and the goal will come in 50s minutes

Let me see if this my recent vision is prophetic from God or another imagination... God manifest yourself oh lord
Re: Benin 0-1 Nigeria: Paul Onuachu Speaks After Goal (Photos, Video) by 6digitscomrade: 2:26am On Mar 28, 2021
HacheNoire:
If not for tall people in this world. The world would have ended.

The only problem this world has is short people.

From Hitler, Abacha, El-rufai, Davido, Nnamadi Kanu, Sunday Igboho, Ubi Franklin e.t.c

Government need to create policies of detecting short people during pregnancy, so they can be terminated early.

The world cant afford their population to be doubled
check those tablets my guess is they are expired or counterfeited..

Act fast
Re: Benin 0-1 Nigeria: Paul Onuachu Speaks After Goal (Photos, Video) by Ebpumping: 4:45am On Mar 28, 2021
paul onuachu...the last head bender
Re: Benin 0-1 Nigeria: Paul Onuachu Speaks After Goal (Photos, Video) by ogwumgbe: 5:09am On Mar 28, 2021
Jesuschristus:
nobody will thank Buhari, but if we lost.. lol

Though I do not like Buhari but I must sincerely say that Buhari is the President with sports shinning star as long Nigeria sports is concerned
Nigeria, the first gold of U17 FIFA world cup in 1985 during Buhari's regime
I am not good at keeping Sports record but you can check what Nigerians have been achieving internationally in his regime.
Anthony Joshua the boxing champion in his regime too
In other aspects: NOI now the president world Trade Organization and numerous international outfits Nigeria has made their mark.
In my opinion though Buhari might not be so good in governing this Nation but as long as international achievement for Nigerians is concerned, He
s got that star. Anyone with different opinion is free to drop his
Re: Benin 0-1 Nigeria: Paul Onuachu Speaks After Goal (Photos, Video) by ReeLoaDead(m): 5:11am On Mar 28, 2021
drsteroid:
Onuachu has proved Gernot rohr to be tactically deficient. This is Nigeria's best Striker in Europe for now and you can't placed such player on the stand by list. It shows that Gernot rohr is not a good coach. He is only using Nigeria to build his CV.
I am not sure what type of jazz Rohr has done on NFA for them to keep this dinosaur of a coach in charge. undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Benin 0-1 Nigeria: Paul Onuachu Speaks After Goal (Photos, Video) by Duplexxx: 5:21am On Mar 28, 2021
Am very proud of my boyz

Well played

You didn't let me down
Re: Benin 0-1 Nigeria: Paul Onuachu Speaks After Goal (Photos, Video) by ofiko123(m): 6:51am On Mar 28, 2021
Nice one... congratulations to Paul onuachu...
Re: Benin 0-1 Nigeria: Paul Onuachu Speaks After Goal (Photos, Video) by isaacprinz(m): 7:08am On Mar 28, 2021
HacheNoire:
If not for tall people in this world. The world would have ended.

The only problem this world has is short people.

From Hitler, Abacha, El-rufai, Davido, Nnamadi Kanu, Sunday Igboho, Ubi Franklin e.t.c

Government need to create policies of detecting short people during pregnancy, so they can be terminated early.

The world cant afford their population to be doubled
this gibberish just confirmed that 80% of tall people no get sense.
Re: Benin 0-1 Nigeria: Paul Onuachu Speaks After Goal (Photos, Video) by Chucks234: 7:11am On Mar 28, 2021
drsteroid:
Onuachu has proved Gernot rohr to be tactically deficient. This is Nigeria's best Striker in Europe for now and you can't placed such player on the stand by list. It shows that Gernot rohr is not a good coach. He is only using Nigeria to build his CV.

And the coach of the french team that keeps starting Giroud & Griezmann despite their club form is tactically astute ba? Abeg make we dey reason before we talk.
Re: Benin 0-1 Nigeria: Paul Onuachu Speaks After Goal (Photos, Video) by EmekaBlue(m): 7:20am On Mar 28, 2021
Normal
Re: Benin 0-1 Nigeria: Paul Onuachu Speaks After Goal (Photos, Video) by optimusprime2(m): 8:52am On Mar 28, 2021
Inspiration007:
Oshimehn for come in from bench, I was surprised not to see Onuachu heading the attack.

All the same, Victory was ours today and that's all that matters

Victor Oshimen is Nigeria's sharpest striker at the moment, and the coach was not wrong to start him...
I watched the match and except for the fact that Benin had a very good keeper Oshimen should have scored two. I guess there are good days and there are bad days.

Paul Onuachu does not fit a tactic of speedy counter attacking football and that's Rohr's tactic now (he plays a tactical 5-2-3 formation that requires very mobile frontmen), the whole offence of Nigeria move very sharply which makes Oshimen a perfect striker, because that lad is as sharp as a tack.

When Onuachu comes on, he's the target man -he requires midfielders who have vision and send him homing passes and that slows the game down but gives him advantage, however speedy midfielders/wingers like Chukwueze, and Sanusi become inefficient because Onuachu is not that kind of striker, more importantly at Genk Onuachu plays with support strikers on 4-4-2 or 4-3-3 and this changes the coaching plan, I believe every coach has a plan/system that should not be distorted because of a player's preference.

What was played yesterday was perfect, Rohr is alright to me... he just needs more time with those boys.
Congrats to the boys.
Re: Benin 0-1 Nigeria: Paul Onuachu Speaks After Goal (Photos, Video) by EMMY76: 9:23am On Mar 28, 2021
This onuachu is very huge and intimidating jeez.
Re: Benin 0-1 Nigeria: Paul Onuachu Speaks After Goal (Photos, Video) by Ugmama(m): 10:01am On Mar 28, 2021
Terry G follow play??

Kkikikikikikk grin
Re: Benin 0-1 Nigeria: Paul Onuachu Speaks After Goal (Photos, Video) by wfjimmytobby(m): 10:45am On Mar 28, 2021
plays in a farmers league
Re: Benin 0-1 Nigeria: Paul Onuachu Speaks After Goal (Photos, Video) by BluntTheApostle(m): 11:11am On Mar 28, 2021
Many Nigerians are not current.

Imagine someone was expecting Nigeria to thrash Benin 5-0, and so he picked over 3.5.

People need to understand that Benin Republic has improved tremendously in football.

Benin Republic have become very difficult to beat. They even eliminated Morocco from the last AFCON.

Their defense is solid, and they play very compact football, so it is difficult to score goals against them.
Re: Benin 0-1 Nigeria: Paul Onuachu Speaks After Goal (Photos, Video) by lexy2014: 12:43pm On Mar 28, 2021
Inspiration007:

That's gernot rohr for u. If it was left to him, he won't even invite onuachu
Re: Benin 0-1 Nigeria: Paul Onuachu Speaks After Goal (Photos, Video) by yetunsbay(m): 1:23pm On Mar 28, 2021
amolak:
I like the jersey
welcome back from dream land
Re: Benin 0-1 Nigeria: Paul Onuachu Speaks After Goal (Photos, Video) by KingLion007(m): 1:40pm On Mar 28, 2021
Spartacus101:
Why na
I carry them to winn and over 2.5
Na greedy game b dt na even wen dem give us 2 odd
Re: Benin 0-1 Nigeria: Paul Onuachu Speaks After Goal (Photos, Video) by Sleekfingers: 1:53pm On Mar 28, 2021
Good.....

But which kinda pattern the super eagles they play? Because me i no understand their style of paly oooo........is like na , any where wey belle face be their style.....
Re: Benin 0-1 Nigeria: Paul Onuachu Speaks After Goal (Photos, Video) by amolak: 2:55pm On Mar 28, 2021
yetunsbay:
welcome back from dream land
what is your problem? Are you ok
Re: Benin 0-1 Nigeria: Paul Onuachu Speaks After Goal (Photos, Video) by yetunsbay(m): 3:05pm On Mar 28, 2021
amolak:
what is your problem? Are you ok
na you suppose answer this your question o. You be mumu,are you just seeing the jersey
Re: Benin 0-1 Nigeria: Paul Onuachu Speaks After Goal (Photos, Video) by Iconicwereysqua: 3:06pm On Mar 28, 2021
Ngadaawo
555five

Gbegile in the mud grin
Re: Benin 0-1 Nigeria: Paul Onuachu Speaks After Goal (Photos, Video) by Nobody: 3:41pm On Mar 28, 2021
Paul Onuachu and Henry Onyekuru.

I was expecting the goal from one of them or Kelechi Iheanacho.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Christian Eriksen Shares Photo From Hospital Bed / Ifeanyi Ubah, Gets 10-match Ban, N2.5 Million Fine For Slapping Goalkeeper / Shola Shoretire, 14-year-old Is Manchester United Youngest Player

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.