Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,726 members, 7,820,514 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:18 PM

Lagos Cop Shot Man Dead For Questioning Search –source - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Lagos Cop Shot Man Dead For Questioning Search –source (3247 Views)

Gafaru Buraimoh: Lagos Police Arrest & Detain Officer Who Shot Man Dead In Ajah / Police Officer Shot Man In The Leg For Denying Him Access To His Phone (video) / Policeman Shooting At A Cow Shot Man Dead On Christmas Day (Disturbing Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Cop Shot Man Dead For Questioning Search –source by valentineuwakwe(m): 1:21am On Mar 28, 2021
A resident of Ajiran in the Ajah area of Lagos State, Jelili Bakare, was shot dead by a police inspector, Jonathan Company, because he demanded to know why the policeman wanted to search him, Sunday PUNCH has learnt.
Bakare was reportedly relaxing at Quinox Lounge in Sangotedo, Ajah, on Tuesday, March 18, when Company who was on duty in the area shot him dead during an argument.
The trigger-happy cop was said to have been arrested by policemen at the Ogombo division and taken to the State Criminal Investigation and Intelligence Department, Yaba.
A reliable police source who is privy to investigation into the incident told our correspondent on Saturday that Company had asked Bakare to submit himself for a search and got enraged when the latter demanded explanation on the directive.
The source said, “He said he asked the victim to surrender for a search at the lounge. It sounded somehow to the man and he asked questions. In the process, he (Company) fired him. There was no serious argument between them.”
Meanwhile, the state Commissioner of Police, Hakeem Odumosu, and some senior officers have paid a condolence visit to the late Bakare’s family.
The police spokesperson in the state, CSP Muyiwa Adejobi, in a statement on Saturday said the CP assured the family that the killer policeman would be brought to justice.
He said, “The CP was received by the Olori Ebi (family head) of the Bakare family in Ajiranland, Eti-Osa Local Government Area, Chief Yekini Olawale, the mother, wives and children of the deceased. The team also paid a visit to the Oba of Ajiranland, His Royal Majesty, Oba Tijani Akinloye, in his palace and expressed its heartfelt condolences on the demise of one of his subjects.

“The incident occurred at Quinox Lounge in the Sangotedo area of Lagos State, around 11.30pm when the policeman attached to the Mounted Troop, Force Animal Branch of the Nigeria Police had an argument with the deceased and shot him dead.
“Immediately after the incident, the Inspector fled but was eventually arrested by the Divisional Police Officer, Ogombo Division. The suspect, Jonathan Company, has been moved to the State Criminal Investigation and Intelligence Department for proper investigation on the order of the Commissioner of Police. The police boss had also ordered that the inspector be tried in orderly room and charged in no time as the family of the deceased deserves justice on the matter.”

source: https://punchng.com/lagos-cop-shot-man-dead-for-questioning-search-source/

Re: Lagos Cop Shot Man Dead For Questioning Search –source by Homeboiy: 1:41am On Mar 28, 2021
tongue
Re: Lagos Cop Shot Man Dead For Questioning Search –source by Bluntguy: 2:41am On Mar 28, 2021
Why is that branch named Animal branch?

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Cop Shot Man Dead For Questioning Search –source by Oluolad86(f): 4:29am On Mar 28, 2021
Please help me from swollen legs please, I need free hospital for treatment please
Re: Lagos Cop Shot Man Dead For Questioning Search –source by Mayng01(m): 6:13am On Mar 28, 2021
Nigeria police and indiscipline , a force dominated by drug addicts
Re: Lagos Cop Shot Man Dead For Questioning Search –source by tit(f): 6:21am On Mar 28, 2021
1 billion naira compensation
Re: Lagos Cop Shot Man Dead For Questioning Search –source by Coolbite(m): 6:27am On Mar 28, 2021
You named them animal branch, and realistically expect them not to behave animalistically. Besides, the police have refused to learn from the #endsars incident. It appears they will never change.

My condolences to the bereaved family.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Cop Shot Man Dead For Questioning Search –source by mytime24(f): 7:11am On Mar 28, 2021
Naija police killing innocent civilians
More than armed robbers

1 Like

Re: Lagos Cop Shot Man Dead For Questioning Search –source by Hakeem66: 7:34am On Mar 28, 2021
Our police force is just occupied by bunch of criminals. The man was just unfortunate to be there at the wrong time despite that he didn't argue with him yet he shot him.
Am always too loyal whenever I encountered this criminals with guns bcus most of them are frustrated and looking for whom to discharge their grievances on.
Even if they kill the policeman, the irreparable damage has been done and the man will never come back to life.
RIP to him and may God give his family the fortitude to bear the loss.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Cop Shot Man Dead For Questioning Search –source by veron007: 7:39am On Mar 28, 2021
Thank God he kill someone from an influential family. They will make sure that be gets the maximum sentence. We would have gone scot free I he killed a poor man's son.
Lesson learnt ; don't argue with a man carrying a gun. He might be drunk, high on drugs, consumed by family problem. Just living in Nigeria is enough frustration to kill.
Re: Lagos Cop Shot Man Dead For Questioning Search –source by punisha: 7:59am On Mar 28, 2021
NPF should start afresh....
thoroughly afresh.
their orientation is fugged up.
protecting lives of the citizens is the priority not killing them. They serve the people...thats the job description.

illiterates should be removed and men with balanced emotional and mental life engaged. psychiatric dept setup in every police station. body cam worn at all times to keep them in check.

if the people rise against them, they won't last a day if they continue like this.

the whole police, army etc joined together isn't up to 1.5million personnel's. they can't stand against 250million people.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Cop Shot Man Dead For Questioning Search –source by Ibile77(m): 8:19am On Mar 28, 2021
I dont get it ! Why would someone from Force Animal Section be with a gun? Who gave him? Who posted him there ?
Re: Lagos Cop Shot Man Dead For Questioning Search –source by 2shaw: 8:30am On Mar 28, 2021
One thing abt popo,always dance to their tunes bro,never ever argue with popo,no matter how angry u are. Calm down,it would only take a few mins,if it doesn't end in smiles,na money go end am. I rem like the 7times I was flagged down,st time I had about 2bags of SK on me by 11pm was abt topping up my rpm when I got flagged by popo with torch light,when I looked at the popo hand,trigger finger don dey on AK. Men I burst them 2k,than to get shot at and popo go still smoke my SK,2nd was same shit.flagged by sars. Oh bobs e don red for me,I couldn't drag or argue cos na red hand,that is, my phone,my car, that day I lost close to 80k after bailing myself 6hrs later,from 500k to 80k, I went to a bar,drink,became sad and went home to sleep angry that sars obtained me 80k,fuc k.. The bottom line is never loose guard,even if dem see coke for your body,or highest u be street boy,popo no level,just settle them and go. U died cos u didn't give him money,or was s a yahoo boy with facts on phone,or had a gun on him. Bleep . Now u r dead. There should be a capital punishment given to force men who kill unjustly. I can't breathe officer, but the point now is what was he shot with,was a a crime detective holding up a pistol, or the normal useless naija Ak47, wtf did u say a lounge,I thought all those lounge dey get body guards for entrance with metal detectors to detect ppl carrying concealed weapons ike guns,knives,sharp objects,so wetin sup, the lounge should be closed ASAP and nearest popo station burnt down to ashes. Where are you hoodlums when una need to

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UT-kO30igg
Re: Lagos Cop Shot Man Dead For Questioning Search –source by wallay77(m): 9:22am On Mar 28, 2021
If this is true...then this people seem to be forgetting too fast what was melted on them during d endsars saga...
Re: Lagos Cop Shot Man Dead For Questioning Search –source by Ebuka78: 11:15am On Mar 28, 2021
Oluolad86:
Please help me from swollen legs please, I need free hospital for treatment please

Stoping eating salty food, don't add salt to your food, quit smoking and alcohol.

It might be a sign of Kidney problem. Water leaking from your kidney are stocked in your tissue which caused your leg to swell.

Go see a doctor for the best treatment.
Re: Lagos Cop Shot Man Dead For Questioning Search –source by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:08pm On Apr 25, 2021
Justice served.
He should rot in he'll.
We hope other killer cops like him will learn from this.
Less than 10% of stupid cops cannot be giving the whole police force bad names.

Very Good judgement.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Cop Shot Man Dead For Questioning Search –source by Coolcalmcollect(m): 11:50pm On Apr 25, 2021
Oluolad86:
free hospital for treatment?? lolzzz your papa dem tell you say to become doctored na free school fees? abi to build hospital na free, read bible and wait free miracle werey
Re: Lagos Cop Shot Man Dead For Questioning Search –source by Oluolad86(f): 2:10am On Apr 26, 2021
Coolcalmcollect:

free hospital for treatment?? lolzzz your papa dem tell you say to become doctored na free school fees? abi to build hospital na free, read bible and wait free miracle werey

You are nothing but an idiot, I read some of your comments, I realized that you ran away from psychiatrist hospital, don't jump into the ocean, your family are looking for their lunatic son.

God bless all those God are using for me. They shall never know any sorrow in their lives
Re: Lagos Cop Shot Man Dead For Questioning Search –source by xjiggy: 11:08am On Apr 26, 2021
Bluntguy:
Why is that branch named Animal branch?
that's the branch of the Police that takes care of the animal like horses and Sniffer dogs. He's supposed to be a horse riding police man. The problem with Nigeria police is they tend to abuse the uniform. Those that are suppose to guard station are somewhere forming CID.

(1) (Reply)

After Seeing Too Much Death A Cultist Wants To Denounce Nairalanders Help PICS / HIV: Bobrisky's Sick Friend Lord Lamba/Casted Replies Him (pics/video) / Sacrilege: 14-yr-old Girl Delivers Father’s Baby

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.