Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:30 AM

Throwback: Lagos Ranked Amongst Worst Cities To Live Globally - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Throwback: Lagos Ranked Amongst Worst Cities To Live Globally (1115 Views)

Throwback: Lagos LP Candidate Gbadebo Rhode Vivour Call Yoruba People Afonja / Lagos Ranked Second Worst Liveable City In The World / Lagos Ranked World’s Second Most Stressful City By Vaay (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Throwback: Lagos Ranked Amongst Worst Cities To Live Globally by Nobody: 7:50am On Mar 28, 2021
Lagos has been ranked amongst the worst cities to live globally following the ‘Global Liveability Ranking’, by The Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU) for 2015.

Nigeria’s most populous city Lagos was considered the fourth least (137) liveable city in the world on the list of 140. The survey took account of cities’ healthcare, education, safety, culture, environment and infrastructure.

Unsurprisingly, the Syrian city of Damascus – which has been ravaged by the country’s civil war – was last on the list of 140 major cities.

VDO.AI
It was followed by Dhaka in Bangladesh, Port Morseby in Papua New Guinea, Lagos in Nigeria and the Libyan capital of Tripoli, which has also been the victim of an ISIS insurgency.

Melbourne was named the best city in the world to live in for the fifth year in the row while Vienna in Austria came second followed by the Canada cities of Vancouver and Toronto, and Australia’s Adelaide.

Melbourne again achieved a near-perfect score of 97.5 out of a possible 100.

Vienna recorded an impressive 97.4, Vancouver 97.3, Toronto 97.2 and Adelaide – the second Australian city in the top five – got 96.6.

“Those that score best tend to be mid-sized cities in wealthier countries with a relatively low population density,” the EIU report said.

“These can foster a range of recreational activities without leading to high crime levels or overburdened infrastructure.”

Lagos Economist

But the world has become a more dangerous place to live, according to the EIU report which said the global ‘stability score’ fell by 2.2 per cent over the last five years.

Several cities across the globe have suffered a decline due to recent terror attacks, ongoing conflict and general instability.

France’s capital Paris – the victim of last year’s violent Charlie Hebdo attack – was one of six western European nations whose liveability score decreased.

Another seven in eastern Europe, including Ukraine where Russian rebels are battling the country’s troops, have also become worse places to live.

The country’s capital, Kiev, saw the sharpest fall over the last 12 months and now ranks among the ten least liveable cities in the list.

Deteriorating living conditions in these regions affects the global average, the survey’s editor said.

Jon Copestake added: “The threat to personal safety, whether in the form of crime, unrest or conflict, has knock-on implications for other aspects of liveability.

“Last year, the conflict in Ukraine, the terror attack in Paris and austerity in Athens formed a sobering backdrop to regional liveability.”

Meanwhile, Moscow and St Petersburg’s scores were negatively impacted by Russia’s involvement in the Ukraine conflict.

The international community has imposed strict economic sanctions on the country. Meanwhile, its anti-homosexuality stance has meant many artists and tourists have boycotted the country as a tourist destination.

In western Europe, Paris and Athens experienced the sharpest declines. Attacks on the Charlie Hebdo offices affected the French capital’s ranking. It fell out of the top 20 cities into 29th place.

Athens has felt the force of Greeks crippling economic crisis and austerity, which has hindered other areas like healthcare.

The Greek capital, ranked 72nd, was the only city in Western Europe to fall outside the ‘top tier’ of liveability.

The ranking, which takes account of ‘lifestyle challenges’ in 140 cities worldwide, revealed that the average liveability across the world has fallen over the last five years, due to a ‘sense of global instability.

But several cities did buck the trend by registering improvements in scores since 2010.

Zimbabwe’s Harare was the ‘most improved’ city, going up by 5.1 points to 42.6 out of 100. It was closely followed by Kathmandu in Nepal which went up 3.9
and the opulent city of Dubai which went up 3.4 points to 74.7.

Culled from TheMail

https://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2015/08/18/lagos-amongst-worst-cities-to-live-in-globally/

Re: Throwback: Lagos Ranked Amongst Worst Cities To Live Globally by Nobody: 7:55am On Mar 28, 2021
Lagos is dragging with Tripoli in Libya and Port Moresby, Papau New Guinea as one of the worst cities to live globally. And the TMC crew will tell you the godfather that ruled over this failed state without 24 hour electricity,portable water,healthcare facilities should occupy the number one seat in the country.

3 Likes

Re: Throwback: Lagos Ranked Amongst Worst Cities To Live Globally by Nobody: 8:00am On Mar 28, 2021
This hateful Igbo kid again first thing Sunday morning. Can't you leave Lagos, Tinubu and Yoruba affairs alone even for one hour? Ala Igbo about to descend into guerilla warfare and you are not bothered about that.

Lagos that you have never lived in and is not your State of origin is your biggest obsession. You're not 'well' and I say that in the kindest way.

6 Likes

Re: Throwback: Lagos Ranked Amongst Worst Cities To Live Globally by Nobody: 8:04am On Mar 28, 2021
OneTemplate:
This hateful Igbo kid again first thing Sunday morning. Can't you leave Lagos, Tinubu and Yoruba affairs alone even for one hour? Ala Igbo about to descend I to guerilla warfare and that you are not bothered about that.

Lagos that you have never lived in and is not your State of origin is your biggest obsession. You're not 'well' and I say that in the kindest way.
Cheers...I posted facts about Lagos conducted by independent researchers.
Re: Throwback: Lagos Ranked Amongst Worst Cities To Live Globally by Henrydonland(m): 8:06am On Mar 28, 2021
How can Syria be 140 . This ppl wey do dis survey no dey okay.
Re: Throwback: Lagos Ranked Amongst Worst Cities To Live Globally by Nobody: 8:07am On Mar 28, 2021
Tinubu should be blamed for this.

1 Like

Re: Throwback: Lagos Ranked Amongst Worst Cities To Live Globally by PrinceOfLagos: 8:07am On Mar 28, 2021
OneTemplate:
This hateful Igbo kid again first thing Sunday morning. Can't you leave Lagos, Tinubu and Yoruba affairs alone even for one hour? Ala Igbo about to descend I to guerilla warfare and that you are not bothered about that.

People like you shouldn't have access to the internet

You disgust me with your tribal bullshits.

1 Like

Re: Throwback: Lagos Ranked Amongst Worst Cities To Live Globally by Nobody: 8:09am On Mar 28, 2021
Henrydonland:
How can Syria be 140 . This ppl wey do dis survey no dey okay.
Damuscus is more developed than Lagos. They have 24 hour electricity,good road network and healthcare facilities.

If it was not for the war that destroyed key infrastructure and historical buildings, they would have ranked higher.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85t3wM_WXZc

Re: Throwback: Lagos Ranked Amongst Worst Cities To Live Globally by Henrydonland(m): 8:10am On Mar 28, 2021
RuudVanNisteroy:

Damuscus is more developed than Lagos. They have 24 hour electricity,good road network and healthcare facilities.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85t3wM_WXZc

I am talking about Syria on its own.
Re: Throwback: Lagos Ranked Amongst Worst Cities To Live Globally by Nobody: 8:14am On Mar 28, 2021
PrinceOfLagos:

Lol. Are you not talking to yourself an Igbo who goes through the charade of pretending to be Yoruba daily and 24/7 here just to peddle ethnic Mischief?

What/who could be more disgusting than you in this whole universe?

1 Like

Re: Throwback: Lagos Ranked Amongst Worst Cities To Live Globally by Nobody: 8:14am On Mar 28, 2021
PrinceOfLagos:

He should be banned.Always derails threads with with tribal insults.
Re: Throwback: Lagos Ranked Amongst Worst Cities To Live Globally by PrinceOfLagos: 8:15am On Mar 28, 2021
OneTemplate:

Lol. Are you not talking to yourself an Igbo who goes through the charade of pretending to be Yoruba daily and 24/7 here just to peddle ethnic Mischief?

What/who could be more disgusting than you in this whole universe?
I will pay anything to have you banned

1 Like

Re: Throwback: Lagos Ranked Amongst Worst Cities To Live Globally by mike8804: 8:16am On Mar 28, 2021
RuudVanNisteroy:
Lagos is dragging with Tripoli in Libya and Port Moresby, Papau New Guinea as one of the worst cities to live globally. And the TMC crew will tell you the godfather that ruled over this failed state without 24 hour electricity,portable water,healthcare facilities should occupy the number one seat in the country.

Na Lagos kill u there! am sure that's where u stay...biting the fingers that fed u. why can't you go back to gully erosion republic.

2 Likes

Re: Throwback: Lagos Ranked Amongst Worst Cities To Live Globally by Nobody: 8:18am On Mar 28, 2021
PrinceOfLagos:

Same,OneTemplate needs to be banned.
Re: Throwback: Lagos Ranked Amongst Worst Cities To Live Globally by Nobody: 8:20am On Mar 28, 2021
RuudVanNisteroy:

He should be banned.Always derails threads with with tribal insults.

Keep fooling yourself. Yorubas are fed up of you guys obsession, hate and malevolence towards them.

While PrinceOfLagos is a Yoruba-hating ingrate Igbo living in Lagos, you are just something else. No affiliation with Lagos State or any Yoruba leader but both are what you talk about daily here merely for the purpose of creating negative feelings towards Lagos, Tinubu, Sanwo Olu and others.

Look in the mirror to see who should be banned for tribal insults and ethnic baiting. You should be called out fforr your aberrant ways and totally unacceptable/unhealthy obsession with what/who should not be your primary concern.

1 Like

Re: Throwback: Lagos Ranked Amongst Worst Cities To Live Globally by Nobody: 8:23am On Mar 28, 2021
PrinceOfLagos:

Go ahead and waste your money. Even if they ban me how does that cure your 'illness' that makes you come here daily pretending to be what you are not "Mr.Ibile"?

The way I see it, this is a case of a lunatic in an Asylum complaining about sane people going about their business.

1 Like

Re: Throwback: Lagos Ranked Amongst Worst Cities To Live Globally by PrinceOfLagos: 8:24am On Mar 28, 2021
OneTemplate:

Keep fooling yourself. Yorubas are fed up of you guys obsession, hate and malevolence towards them.

While PrinceOfLagos is a Yoruba-hating ingrate Igbo living in Lagos, you are just something else. No affiliation with Lagos State or an Yoruba leader but both are what you talk about daily here merely for the purpose of creating negative feelings towards Lagos, Tinubu, Sanwo Olu and others.

Look in the mirror to see who should be banned for tribal insults and ethnic baiting. You should be called out fforr your aberrant ways and totally unacceptable/unhealthy obsession with what/who should not be your primary concern.
So anybody that stood on the path of truth is Igbo or Ipob?

Go get your brain checked .
Re: Throwback: Lagos Ranked Amongst Worst Cities To Live Globally by Nobody: 8:24am On Mar 28, 2021
OneTemplate:

While PrinceOfLagos is a Yoruba-hating ingrate Igbo living in Lagos, you are just something else. No affiliation with Lagos State or an Yoruba leader but both are what you talk about daily here merely for the purpose of creating negative feelings towards Lagos, Tinubu, Sanwo Olu and others.

I have negative feelings to all Nigerian leaders for turning this oil rich country to a failed state, while they all turned to overnight billionaires.

1 Share

Re: Throwback: Lagos Ranked Amongst Worst Cities To Live Globally by Nobody: 8:28am On Mar 28, 2021
mike8804:
Na Lagos kill u there! am sure that's where u stay...biting the fingers that fed u. why can't you go back to gully erosion republic.

He does not even live in Nigeria. He has never lived in Lagos either and has only passed through the State on the way to MMIA. Yet his obsession with Lagos and Tinubu na die.

Obviously a badly brainwashed and damaged individual. I hope some forumers appreciate that we have some members here who are seriously 'disturbed' and need urgent help and intervention.

https://www.nairaland.com/6478483/seunmods-every-lagos-resident-pays#100238754

RuudVanNisteroy:

Never lived in Lagos, only passed through when travelling out of the country. It is nothing like Abuja, despite the thrillions in revenue.

1 Like

Re: Throwback: Lagos Ranked Amongst Worst Cities To Live Globally by Nobody: 8:31am On Mar 28, 2021
OneTemplate:

He does not even live in Nigeria. He has never lived in Lagos either and has only passed through the State on the way to Mmia. I hope some forum members appreciate that we have some members here who are seriously 'disturbed' and need serious help.

https://www.nairaland.com/6478483/seunmods-every-lagos-resident-pays#100238754

You are not a patriot and are a tribalist. I care about what goes on in Borno,Lagos,Bayelsa and all the states of the federation.
Re: Throwback: Lagos Ranked Amongst Worst Cities To Live Globally by Nobody: 8:38am On Mar 28, 2021
PrinceOfLagos:

So anybody that stood on the path of truth is Igbo or Ipob?

Go get your brain checked .

Lol. Did I mention IPOB in the post you quoted? Your guilty conscience will always expose what/who you are.
Re: Throwback: Lagos Ranked Amongst Worst Cities To Live Globally by Nobody: 8:50am On Mar 28, 2021
RuudVanNisteroy:

You are not a patriot and are a tribalist. I care about what goes on in Borno,Lagos,Bayelsa and all the states of the federation.

Call me what you want. What is sure is that you are a hateful saboteur who always wants to focus negative attention on others because of their ethnic origin.

You and your kind are the problem of Nigeria while people like me believe that, primarily, Nigeria must first and foremost hold their direct leaders and administrators accountable before going around obsessing about others.

If we all did that then Nigeria would be wonderful because someone seeing Guerilla warfare about to engulf his region would not then carry Lagos matter on his head while his state and region of origin is about to implode.

You don't see how unhealthy what you are doing is and what it says about the state of your mental health. No one knows your state of origin or its problem.

Yet all you talk about is a State you confess to having nothing to do with and administrators who have never led your State of origin or region. What other purpose could you be doing that for if not to create negative attention for Yorubas and their region daily as you Igbos are obsessed with doing in cyberspace.
Re: Throwback: Lagos Ranked Amongst Worst Cities To Live Globally by SarkinYarki: 8:53am On Mar 28, 2021
Its even far far worse now under the current governor who seems to have lost control of the security of the state to hoodlums and cultists

1 Like

Re: Throwback: Lagos Ranked Amongst Worst Cities To Live Globally by Armaggedon: 9:27am On Mar 28, 2021
Partly because it's considered a no-man's-land
Re: Throwback: Lagos Ranked Amongst Worst Cities To Live Globally by Nobody: 12:58pm On Mar 28, 2021
SarkinYarki:
Its even far far worse now under the current governor who seems to have lost control of the security of the state to hoodlums and cultists
I remember when the starving One Million Boys were terrorising Lagos during the lockdown.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Uzodinma's Location Still Unknown As Imo Burns / For How Long Are We Going To Ignore The Idiot In Asorock? / Buhari Goes Into Hidden As Tension Booze Aso Rock

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.