Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,264 members, 7,818,893 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:31 AM

Nike Denies Partnering With Lil Nas X On His Satan Shoes That Contains Blood - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Nike Denies Partnering With Lil Nas X On His Satan Shoes That Contains Blood (3485 Views)

Bobrisky Former PA Oye Kyme Went Nude & Sexual In A Live Session With Lil Wayne / Rema Meets Lil Nas X (Photo) / Copyright: I Will Deal With Lil Kesh - Eleyele (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nike Denies Partnering With Lil Nas X On His Satan Shoes That Contains Blood by samuelthaking(m): 7:28pm On Mar 28, 2021
https://www.inputmag.com/style/nike-lil-nas-x-satan-shoes-mschf-human-blood-666-pairs-air-max-97.On Friday, March 26, a pair of sneakers set the internet ablaze. It all happened when the multi-media account @Saint broke the news of an alleged collaboration between rapper Lil Nas X and MSCHF dubbed “Satan Shoes,” which is said to feature a custom pair of Nike Air Max 97s with 60cc ink, one drop of human blood, and a $1,018 price tag. And because they are being called Satan Shoes, after all, the sneaker is said to be limited to 666 pairs when it’s expected to drop on March 29. The shoes, naturally, have quickly caused controversy — and Nike wants nothing to do with them, the company tells Input.

“We do not have a relationship with Lil Nas X or MSCHF,” a Nike spokesperson said in a statement sent to Input. “Nike did not design or release these shoes and we do not endorse them.” The company did not say whether it plans to send a cease and desist to Lil Nas X and MSCFH, though if that were to happen, the rapper and the brand could make the argument that the shoes are simply an art project — which could offer some legal shielding. Of course, this isn’t the first time MSCHF, a creative label based out of Brooklyn, has worked on a religion-themed sneaker, following the drop of its “Jesus Shoes” back in 2019 — which came with holy water inside the Nike Air bubble.

BIBLE SCRIPT — Aside from the human blood and 666 ties, Lil Nas X and MSCHF’s Satan Shoes come with a graphic, religious detail on the upper that says “Luke 10:18,” an excerpt from The Bible that reads, “I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven.” There’s also a charm on each shoe of a Pentagram, AKA The Devil’s Star, and a packaging full of artwork that includes a drawing of Satan walking up to Jesus, according to product photos acquired by Saint.

So, why would this shoe be coming out right now? Well, Lil Nas X, of “Old Town Road” fame, has just launched a music video called “MONTERO (Call Me By Your Name).” In it, he can be seen giving Satan a lap dance before snapping his neck, killing him, and taking over his evil powers. That falls right along with the aesthetic of the Satan Shoes done in partnership with MSCFH, and it shouldn’t come as a surprise that Nike would condemn the use of one if its most iconic silhouettes to get Lil Nas X’s religious message across.

A DROP (OF BLOOD)? — The question now is whether the sneakers will actually release on March 29, or if Nike has a last-minute plan to stop them from ever seeing the light of day. Given the controversy the Satan Shoes have already caused all over Instagram and Twitter — where conservative people who aren’t aware that Nike did not actually design or make the shoe are calling for the brand to be boycotted — someone at the sportswear giant’s headquarters right now is likely going over what its next steps should be.

Whatever Nike decides to do, the story of Lil Nas X and MSCHF’s devil sneakers hasn’t even officially begun and it didn’t take long for a hype around them to be created — good or bad. That means that, if MSCHF does launch them as it supposedly plans to, the 666 pairs priced at over $1K retail are only going to skyrocket in the secondary market, where collectors will see them as more of a piece of art now that Nike has come out against them. But will anyone trying to buy a pair, um, pray to god they can get one?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Nike Denies Partnering With Lil Nas X On His Satan Shoes That Contains Blood by SniperSmurf(m): 7:32pm On Mar 28, 2021
God forbid! Oga an exorcism is in order for whomever actually puts those shoes on their feet. Human blood? Inside the shoes sole? My hand no dey o. This artist is taking things too far.

3 Likes

Re: Nike Denies Partnering With Lil Nas X On His Satan Shoes That Contains Blood by Draslo(m): 7:55pm On Mar 28, 2021
SniperSmurf:
God forbid! Oga an exorcism is in order for whomever actually puts those shoes on their feet. Human blood? Inside the shoes sole? My hand no dey o. This artist is taking things too far.
Lol. Only if you know the things the celebrities everyone worships do behind closed doors. Na you be the exorcist abi? Carry on

3 Likes

Re: Nike Denies Partnering With Lil Nas X On His Satan Shoes That Contains Blood by Nobody: 10:38pm On Mar 28, 2021
This Lil nas x is the most overrated fvcktard in the history of the world....

The shoes are stupidly fugly, 60cc of blood in a shoe? TAAYSHOEMOLE indeed.

2 Likes

Re: Nike Denies Partnering With Lil Nas X On His Satan Shoes That Contains Blood by mayklef(m): 10:40pm On Mar 28, 2021
satanic gay from the pit of hell....obviously, the end is near

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nike Denies Partnering With Lil Nas X On His Satan Shoes That Contains Blood by Theboy21: 11:39pm On Mar 28, 2021
Gay ass nigga
Re: Nike Denies Partnering With Lil Nas X On His Satan Shoes That Contains Blood by mayklef(m): 7:06am On Mar 29, 2021
This one hit wonder cock sucking fool just wan trend by force

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nike Denies Partnering With Lil Nas X On His Satan Shoes That Contains Blood by Flamemignon1(m): 8:28am On Mar 29, 2021
Wait a minute.... Nike had nothing to do with this and they haven't sent a cease and decist already? Yea right, Nike should stop lying already

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nike Denies Partnering With Lil Nas X On His Satan Shoes That Contains Blood by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:46am On Mar 29, 2021
We jump am pass.....

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Nike Denies Partnering With Lil Nas X On His Satan Shoes That Contains Blood by fuckingAyaya(m): 10:52am On Mar 29, 2021
I laugh at many people that always say most celebrity made it by Grace,many keep shouting I want to be like Davido and wizkid bla bla

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nike Denies Partnering With Lil Nas X On His Satan Shoes That Contains Blood by EbukaHades10(m): 11:32am On Mar 29, 2021
The shoe no fine but i will buy if money dey

Re: Nike Denies Partnering With Lil Nas X On His Satan Shoes That Contains Blood by Truthwords: 12:49pm On Mar 29, 2021
Very useless shoes. Even some of the so called designer perfumes come with strange stuff like semen, Breast milk, urine and blood in it. We need to be careful what we use this endtimes.
Re: Nike Denies Partnering With Lil Nas X On His Satan Shoes That Contains Blood by Chimeluv(f): 12:50pm On Mar 29, 2021
Endtime shoe angry
Re: Nike Denies Partnering With Lil Nas X On His Satan Shoes That Contains Blood by Michaelfucker(m): 4:04pm On Mar 29, 2021
fuckingAyaya:
I laugh at many people that always say most celebrity made it by Grace,many keep shouting I want to be like Davido and wizkid bla bla
Why did you now put Jay Z and Diddy picture there? undecided

3 Likes

Re: Nike Denies Partnering With Lil Nas X On His Satan Shoes That Contains Blood by meobizy(f): 11:28pm On Mar 29, 2021
If it has no backing from Nike then my money no dey.

(1) (Reply)

Paul Okoye’s Wife, Anita, Bags New Job With U.S Mayoral Candidate Amid Divorce / Sex Video: Tiwa's Partner Is A Nairalander / Checkout The Sexual Chemistry Between Nicki Minaj & Drake (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.