Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,814 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:33 AM

Are Inverter Air Conditioners Worth It? - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Are Inverter Air Conditioners Worth It? (2916 Views)

Woozoo 1.5HP Split Inverter Air Conditioner -AIO- Cooling, Heating, Dehumidifier / Come In For Your Used Air Conditioners, Best Prices And Factory Fitted / Supercooling Portable/mobile Air Conditioners Forsale (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Inverter Air Conditioners Worth It? by Nobody: 9:13pm On Mar 28, 2021
Apologies if this is in the wrong section please.

Experts in the house, after hearing of the benefits of Inverter ACs including the low power consumption and cooling power, I bought two (1HP and 1.5HP). I had doubts at first of the high price but after considering the supposed power savings in the long run and the fact that they could be used with generators, I bought them.

However after 12 months of using them, I am slightly disappointed because (1) The ACs don't cool as well as thet should, compared to one normal AC I have. (2) The Refrigerant (R410) is very expensive compared to the normal AC's.

Guys does anyone have this experience? Could it be that the units I bought are faulty or perhaps the installation was wrong? Or that's just how Inverter ACs are?

Re: Are Inverter Air Conditioners Worth It? by freshpzy1(m): 9:17pm On Mar 28, 2021
Nice thread
am here to learn
Re: Are Inverter Air Conditioners Worth It? by Or11: 9:31pm On Mar 28, 2021
There could be many things that could cause you to have problems with the inverter AC

Firstly is the AC genuine?

Are you setting it in DC mode when it should be on AC mode? Gen mode doesn't cool as much.

Did you use a random installer that used fake gas instead of the original.

2 Likes

Re: Are Inverter Air Conditioners Worth It? by captainking(m): 10:09pm On Mar 28, 2021
Mine cools well to some extent... But I hear normal AC's cool Better... Mine uses up-to 5 units overnight.. Sometimes.. To save power.. Once your room. Is cool.. Activate the gen mode.. Or... Use thermostat function... Been using mine for close to 2 years..
LG gen cool inverter AC

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Inverter Air Conditioners Worth It? by Nobody: 11:22pm On Mar 28, 2021
captainking:
Mine cools well to some extent... But I hear normal AC's cool Better... Mine uses up-to 5 units overnight.. Sometimes.. To save power.. Once your room. Is cool.. Activate the gen mode.. Or... Use thermostat function... Been using mine for close to 2 years..
LG gen cool inverter AC

I use Gencool as well. Funny cos the 1hp even cools better than the 1.5. maybe I'll just get back to Fouani to come check it out.

1 Like

Re: Are Inverter Air Conditioners Worth It? by Nobody: 11:24pm On Mar 28, 2021
Or11:
There could be many things that could cause you to have problems with the inverter AC

Firstly is the AC genuine?

Are you setting it in DC mode when it should be on AC mode? Gen mode doesn't cool as much.

Did you use a random installer that used fake gas instead of the original.

AC is geniune. I bought from Fouani NG. I think the first installation was the issue. I'll just contact the seller to get me a technician to check it . Thanks
Re: Are Inverter Air Conditioners Worth It? by freshpzy1(m): 11:49pm On Mar 28, 2021
Pls allow me to ask dis

is possible to get a strong a/c that runs indepently with its own solar panel & battery.

If yes__any lead to where i can get?
Re: Are Inverter Air Conditioners Worth It? by captainking(m): 12:54am On Mar 29, 2021
Someone7:

I use Gencool as well. Funny cos the 1hp even cools better than the 1.5. maybe I'll just get back to Fouani to come check it out.
I guess so.. They may need to vacuum the air-con and refill with gas... It should cool better
Re: Are Inverter Air Conditioners Worth It? by pointstores(m): 5:55am On Mar 29, 2021
freshpzy1:
Pls allow me to ask dis

is possible to get a strong a/c that runs indepently with its own solar panel & battery.

Yes is available call 08166117634
Re: Are Inverter Air Conditioners Worth It? by Nobody: 7:11pm On Aug 24, 2021
Lina555:
I faced a similar problem with my air conditioner when the summer came. My AC just didn't get cool enough. On one forum people suggested fanning it off and checking AC operation. Nothing helped. Fortunately, I addressed the Trane service https://trane.pissedconsumer.com/customer-service.html . These guys fixed the problem fast. Maybe my experience will be useful for someone.

Thanks for this but I'm in Nigeria atm. I'm not sure how they can help
Re: Are Inverter Air Conditioners Worth It? by willian10: 9:17pm On Apr 15
captainking:
LG gen cool inverter AC
How is it holding up now?
Is it worth it
Re: Are Inverter Air Conditioners Worth It? by captainking(m): 9:43am On Apr 16
willian10:

How is it holding up now?
Is it worth it
currently servicing mine now thou...will update lateer
Re: Are Inverter Air Conditioners Worth It? by martinz1: 10:22am On Apr 16
freshpzy1:
Pls allow me to ask dis

You can buy inverter ac with solar panels and plenty batteries a big kva inverter setup call an installer and tell them

(1) (Reply)

Signal Repeater Booster Kit For Cellular Gsm CDMA MTN ETISALAT / World's Smallest Power Inverter / Spectranet Promo: Get Mifi Device With 5GB & 20GB For 12,000 & 15,000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.