Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,215 members, 7,818,729 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:11 PM

To Avoid Marrying A Family Member, Should Black Americans Take A Genealogy Test? - Dating And Meet-up Zone - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dating And Meet-up Zone / To Avoid Marrying A Family Member, Should Black Americans Take A Genealogy Test? (530 Views)

Have You Been Dreaming Of Marrying Your Birthday Mate? Pls Come In / 13 Ways To Avoid Boring Chat On 2go,whatsapp, And Bbm / Responsible Lady Looking For A Responsible Man To Have A Family With (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

To Avoid Marrying A Family Member, Should Black Americans Take A Genealogy Test? by outlaws(m): 7:38am On Jul 09, 2007
cool

After the slaves were brought from Africa to the U.S. The guys had kids and they were sold off to another slave owner. Some of the slaves will escape. Each time they end up with a slave owner, they take their last name. Slave trade in the U.S. ruined a lot of Black lives. White people profited from it greatly. When People say that Black Americans are lost. I don't think it's true or false. I just think that it's sad what happened. Maybe about %95 or more are lost in terms of finding about their roots and making peace with their neighbors and environment.

So, Black Americans having different last names doesn't mean that they are not related by blood. Do Black Americans need to take a genetic test before marrying to avoid marrying some one of the same family?

I know this is something that Black Americans would not want to know or talk about. This will rain more hate toward Africans. Africans not in the U.S. got nothing to worry about. Is those that are living in the U.S. will have to live with the consequences of their selfish forefathers that sold their brothers and sisters to the White man.

So, what do you think?
Re: To Avoid Marrying A Family Member, Should Black Americans Take A Genealogy Test? by drrionelli(m): 7:16pm On Jul 09, 2007
Interesting consideration, but inasumch as it has been well over a century since the Civil War (and with it, slavery) ended, we are talking about a separation of--what--six or seven generations? Genetically, that much difference really poses precious little threat to offspring. I don't think it's unlawful anywhere for two people so far separated in lineage to be married.

(1) (Reply)

How Much Does He/she Mean To You? / Why Is It Dat On Gaining Admission In2 Versities,gurls Ways Often Changes / Female Text Mates Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.