Stats: 3,154,686 members, 7,823,935 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:47 PM

"You Are Never Going To Make Money Being A Singer”- Seyi Shay Tells Young singer - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / "You Are Never Going To Make Money Being A Singer”- Seyi Shay Tells Young singer (44349 Views)

Singer Seyi Shay Gets Engaged (Video) / Seyi Shay Falls On Stage At AFRIMA 2017 While Performing (Video) / Meet The Gifted Guitar Playing Young Singer (2) (3) (4)

Re: "You Are Never Going To Make Money Being A Singer”- Seyi Shay Tells Young singer by Aaaaarghmed(m): 8:52am On Mar 29, 2021
She no suppose dey harsh on the teenager,most teenagers cannot control emotions and may become depressed.she would have simply told him in a milder way.wetin sheyi Shay Sabi self,upon all the years wey she dey music industry she never still blow

Re: "You Are Never Going To Make Money Being A Singer”- Seyi Shay Tells Young singer by tunize(m): 8:53am On Mar 29, 2021
Shebi she be God? If dey put her on Audition, with good judges she nor go fit even win. Person wen nor sabi sing dey tell person sey e nor go fit make money black man
Re: "You Are Never Going To Make Money Being A Singer”- Seyi Shay Tells Young singer by Calitoscassius(m): 8:53am On Mar 29, 2021
Goldbw122:
Well multi business venture is the best this days, single business is not good so you have to have multiple business and multiple wealth.. To be able survive...
so anyone with single business is not surviving? cheesy what about taxi drivers or people selling tomatoes in the local markets? They must all be starving and hungry. grin grin

But wait oo! How many multiple businesses do you have? Are you surviving? undecided
Re: "You Are Never Going To Make Money Being A Singer”- Seyi Shay Tells Young singer by ayenale1(m): 8:54am On Mar 29, 2021
If Naira Marley can blow with his kind of genre then the guy can make it if he's consistent with what he's doing...watch out for that guy and see him lash sheyi shay in the next couple if years to come...
Re: "You Are Never Going To Make Money Being A Singer”- Seyi Shay Tells Young singer by sylve11: 8:54am On Mar 29, 2021
tonididdy:
Seyi attitude on that show surprises me, she's always first to laugh out loud which is very unexpected of her as an artist.

People with low self esteem do that a whole lot of time. cool
Re: "You Are Never Going To Make Money Being A Singer”- Seyi Shay Tells Young singer by tunize(m): 8:59am On Mar 29, 2021
Terry44:

I'm surprised this apprentice in the music industry is made judge in a talent hunt like the 9ja idol.

Well to me she just did that boy a huge favour with what we said to him. One record label would assist him.
Bro the thing is very funny shebi shay as a music judge person wen leg nvr strong for music. See the voice that ones has timi dakolo, wake, 2face and patoranking as judge not this yet idol that the judges are not musically sound.

Re: "You Are Never Going To Make Money Being A Singer”- Seyi Shay Tells Young singer by walkingshadow911: 9:02am On Mar 29, 2021
MemoriesAndMe:
Every disappointment is a blessing. The biggest stars today were at some point told they were not going to make it. Ill just advise the dude to work harder on what he believes in and prove that idiot wrong.

Even folks like Davido, Olamide, Burna Boy, Wiz Kid, Tuface, Naira Marley etc at some points in their lives have met silly people like her that tried to bring them down. Today, her type will keep quiet and even beg for their attention because she's really a nobody.

In her tiny head, making music translates to making money, but in the real sense, music is a perfect way of passing a message across. Fela was contented with what he had financially and impacted lives with the messages in his music. The slay queen only thinks about money first, not the message. Whats the difference between her and regular oloshos?

Who is she to even put anyone in such emotional turmoil? I wish someone does same to her when she walks somewhere thinking she got it all and someone tells her she's worthless like she just did to this dude.

olosho downgrading someone, how does she became a judge if not through her middle. future is female indeed.
Re: "You Are Never Going To Make Money Being A Singer”- Seyi Shay Tells Young singer by Hustlerlomo(m): 9:02am On Mar 29, 2021
I pray one day d boy go blow and this witch go remember this video.. INF
Re: "You Are Never Going To Make Money Being A Singer”- Seyi Shay Tells Young singer by Adakintroy: 9:04am On Mar 29, 2021
Artbydris:
Set awọn dream killers.

Anybody can make it anywhere, if they set their minds to it and realize what is best for them.

Don't be ñaive. Some are in the wrong house because they hear it produce fame and money.

Everyone cannot be an astro physics. Just like everyone cannot be a doctor or singer...

Know what your true calling is before you begin pursuit.
Re: "You Are Never Going To Make Money Being A Singer”- Seyi Shay Tells Young singer by D1Wonder(m): 9:05am On Mar 29, 2021
Many have heard experts like this before. The expert has no final say. This guy can rise from the ashes of this emotional onslaught to become a global star. If a man had said the same thing to a girl, the entire world will be raising the rooftop on a gender basis. You don't kill anyone's dreams with a caustic tone of finality and damage the young man's self-esteem with non-sensitive comments. Guy, go for your dreams. No one can stop you. I love you, guy. All of us fromThe Catalyst Men Network Int'l celebrates you.

Re: "You Are Never Going To Make Money Being A Singer”- Seyi Shay Tells Young singer by Nobody: 9:07am On Mar 29, 2021
timocruzcmbb:
Lol,heart breaking,I hate when someone told me I can’t do something, shocked
One reason why females will never become president. I was watching a show one day whereby some young artist were nominated to sing on stage and banky W was among the spectator a guy sang very ackwardly and after his song banky w clapped for him telling him he can do more better.
If it were to be one of this female celebrities there's 100% possibility that the guy will go home and commit suicide. I don't know why God created these creatures called woman I honestly don't know.but he do his things the way he want to.

Re: "You Are Never Going To Make Money Being A Singer”- Seyi Shay Tells Young singer by sylve11: 9:08am On Mar 29, 2021
Angelfrost:
Whoever picked those judges needs to be talked to... Come on, the show organizers could have done better! There are true stars of the music game who would have done better as judges:

1. Onyeka Onwenu
2. Cobhams Asuquo
3. Faze
4. Simi
5. Omawumi
6. Asa
7. Tubaba
8. Don Jazzy
9. IllBliss
10. Femi Kuti

Just to mention a few!

Show never even start, the upcoming artiste (Seyi Shay) is already showing herself. Smh!!!

Very valid talk my guy. cool
Re: "You Are Never Going To Make Money Being A Singer”- Seyi Shay Tells Young singer by Stanweezy(m): 9:14am On Mar 29, 2021
If Davido were to be on that show as an upcoming Sheyi will embarrass him, if Davido can make it I believed that dude can as well

Re: "You Are Never Going To Make Money Being A Singer”- Seyi Shay Tells Young singer by relicng: 9:17am On Mar 29, 2021
Nobody knows tomorrow
Re: "You Are Never Going To Make Money Being A Singer”- Seyi Shay Tells Young singer by Artbydris(m): 9:22am On Mar 29, 2021
Fucktardgirl:

Forget you are mistaken. Do you know that there's an autotune effect called T-pain effect. That effect was created by Tpain singing with his own voice. There's a lot about Tpain and autotune people do not know.
The guys voice is much better than autotune that the company which created autotune had to partner with him to get that Tpain effect created. The effect wasn't in existence before. It was Tpain that used his voice for it.

I understand. Thanks so much.

Here is a link of him suing the company after he terminated his contract with them and moved on to partner with another company.
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr-esq/t-pain-sues-auto-tune-216084

Tpain started singing, I think at the age of three. He turned his bedroom into a studio at that tender age. You have to watch him sing without that bullshit autotune you are talking of and see he is really really good

Do you know he won a Grammy for the Best R&B Performance by a Duo or Group with Vocals

Watch him sing for NPR:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIjXUg1s5gc

I know better now. Thanks so much.
Re: "You Are Never Going To Make Money Being A Singer”- Seyi Shay Tells Young singer by enemmo(f): 9:33am On Mar 29, 2021
light099:

Kindly remove Tpain from the list.
He only uses autotune for effect not to enhance his voice.
Infact, Tpain's natural voice is better than autotune.

You are so correct

Tpain was the winner of the masked singer season 1. He sings really well

Re: "You Are Never Going To Make Money Being A Singer”- Seyi Shay Tells Young singer by pansophist(m): 9:41am On Mar 29, 2021
Let the market judge you, not an individual. There are many artists that have been rejected during audition but rode to stardom on their own volition. She should have told him where to improve on, not just kill his dreams.

This is what you get when you expect external validation, that someone has to crown you before you see yourself as worthy. Go ahead and Improve son, you can be it, if you work out for it.

Re: "You Are Never Going To Make Money Being A Singer”- Seyi Shay Tells Young singer by Minjim: 9:59am On Mar 29, 2021
Kelvin30286063:

True but Davido has something. With that guy's performance, it will be long before anyone ever cares to hear him. And he lacks more than just the voice. Zero stage performance, zero voice, very shy, and not even vocal.
I once attended a Talent Hunt show. Rhythm Unplugged.
And I can tell you it's not an easy fit.
Upcoming artist need encouragement. Naija is tough enough.
She could have simply said,
" Your act needs a lot of polishing and some boldness. Improve on yourself and keeping coming. Never give up until you've given it your best shot. Who knows, you might find it in you."

Even I know, there are times to give up. But knowing you gave it your best shot is reassuring.
That her comment can discourage other shy upcoming acts
Re: "You Are Never Going To Make Money Being A Singer”- Seyi Shay Tells Young singer by Tywo2018: 10:14am On Mar 29, 2021
That word if you are not strong hearted you might be discouraged for life. I reject it ooo
timocruzcmbb:
Lol,heart breaking,I hate when someone told me I can’t do something, shocked

Re: "You Are Never Going To Make Money Being A Singer”- Seyi Shay Tells Young singer by Maghan37: 10:19am On Mar 29, 2021
U know it is d same thing a certain Choir master told Timi Dakolo before he won the Nigerian Idol.
Re: "You Are Never Going To Make Money Being A Singer”- Seyi Shay Tells Young singer by Allpurpose1: 10:35am On Mar 29, 2021
Wow, that was so rude and harsh. There are better ways to voice your opinions. Not talking like you are already living tomorrow and you know what it holds. Only God has the final say
Re: "You Are Never Going To Make Money Being A Singer”- Seyi Shay Tells Young singer by Ladiva: 10:39am On Mar 29, 2021
I was heartbroken for the guy the way Sheyi spoke to him, no empathy at all.

Generally, Sheyi isn't professional at all as a judge, talks down on the ones she feels aren't talented. The fact she is saying no, doesn't mean she should be rude.
Re: "You Are Never Going To Make Money Being A Singer”- Seyi Shay Tells Young singer by Minjim: 10:56am On Mar 29, 2021
Kelvin30286063:

True but Davido has something. With that guy's performance, it will be long before anyone ever cares to hear him. And he lacks more than just the voice. Zero stage performance, zero voice, very shy, and not even vocal.

Really?!
Check him out on IG.
He has grown a lot.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CEkruQ3jzCC/?igshid=1unfdyvq8vtej
Re: "You Are Never Going To Make Money Being A Singer”- Seyi Shay Tells Young singer by Minjim: 11:10am On Mar 29, 2021
D1Wonder:
Many have heard experts like this before. The expert has no final say. This guy can rise from the ashes of this emotional onslaught to become a global star. If a man had said the same thing to a girl, the entire world will be raising the rooftop on a gender basis. You don't kill anyone's dreams with a caustic tone of finality and damage the young man's self-esteem with non-sensitive comments. Guy, go for your dreams. No one can stop you. I love you, guy. All of us fromThe Catalyst Men Network Int'l celebrates you.

He's already rising
Check him out on IG
https://www.instagram.com/p/CEkruQ3jzCC/?igshid=1unfdyvq8vtej

Re: "You Are Never Going To Make Money Being A Singer”- Seyi Shay Tells Young singer by Immortaltunez: 11:27am On Mar 29, 2021
Kelvin30286063:

So she should have lied to him? And encourage him to keep wasting money trying to 'blow' when we all know it's almost impossible. I'd advice you to go back and watch the guy. It's not about his talent. He's at point zero
bro...music is art,and the more you practice art the better your crafts get..with consistency and guidance ,that guy go turn out ok. .he might not turn out to be the next John legend,praiz ,timi dakolo e.t.c but he go still sound decent enough to get your attention.

Re: "You Are Never Going To Make Money Being A Singer”- Seyi Shay Tells Young singer by Kiddinpoh(m): 11:28am On Mar 29, 2021
loomer:

Even English she no fit speak. "They are not your friend "

Hahahah... I hate you grin grin grin
Re: "You Are Never Going To Make Money Being A Singer”- Seyi Shay Tells Young singer by MrNipplesLover(m): 11:40am On Mar 29, 2021
And she's one the female singers in Nigeria that I love.

Infact, she's the number 1 for me cos of her Keri Hilson's style.

But that was too harsh, mehn!

From that humiliation, the boy can build himself using the disappointment as a stepping stone.

Many were called into music due to anger, heartbreak, disappointment, love and street madness.

That boy should sit down and write a song from that humiliation and get a good producer and promoter to do the job for him.

He might blow from there.

What a harsh moment for the boy.

Re: "You Are Never Going To Make Money Being A Singer”- Seyi Shay Tells Young singer by bibiking7(m): 11:41am On Mar 29, 2021

Funny thing is someone said the same thing to Macy Gray and guess what later happened. grin

Re: "You Are Never Going To Make Money Being A Singer”- Seyi Shay Tells Young singer by IgboWarlord(m): 12:08pm On Mar 29, 2021
I no blame you sha,na people wey go pick perpetual upcoming artist as talent judge for big show like this...Pvssy ass Seyi Shay,as long as Naija female music scene is conconerned,it's Tems for me..

Chika Ike Celebrates Her 34th Birthday With Bikini Photo / Ofure Izoduwa Christabel: Etinosa Idemudia's Daughter’s Name & Face / I May Move Back In With Will – Jada Smith Expresses Concern For Aging Actor