Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,684 members, 7,831,120 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:57 PM

I Got An Offer In Uk - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Got An Offer In Uk (7097 Views)

UK Startup And Innovator Visa - My Journey On How I Got An Endoresement / Do You Know This Girl , Please Report To Her Family, There Motor Just Got An Acc / Hi Guys, I Got An Invitation From A Company In China To Attend A Fair. What Next (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Got An Offer In Uk by moonbender(m): 5:00pm On Mar 29, 2021
signature2012:

Amen!!!
Follow your mind.Dont mind anyone discouraging you.
10 years ago,a cousin of mine was processing UK military from Naija.We thought it was scam,not until this guy flew to UK and become a military personnel.
Dude,has been enjoying and living large ever since then.
Imagine,if he had not followed his mind,probably will still be in Naija scouting for job.

Like I said earlier,all I wish you is success as you go through this process.

Amen Amen. Thanks brother

Fact is that none of them can discourage me.
To some people, there's limit to their success and achievements. But to me, there's no limit and I don't bad mouth anyone making a way for him or herself.

Once again, I appreciate your mention.

God bless

1 Like

Re: I Got An Offer In Uk by signature2012(m): 5:04pm On Mar 29, 2021
ednut1:
people from common wealth nations could join uk army as at when you mentioned. I have friends who joined. I dont know if its same as i left uk many years ago

I saw your profanious comments on this thread.Very bad of you.
The op never asked anyone a dime nor campaign to people to join.
Why are you insulting his intelligence?

1 Like

Re: I Got An Offer In Uk by Tats(m): 5:08pm On Mar 29, 2021
moonbender:

Amen Amen. Thanks brother

Fact is that none of them can discourage me.
To some people, there's limit to their success and achievements. But to me, there's no limit and I don't bad mouth anyone making a way for him or herself.

Once again, I appreciate your mention.

God bless

As for me, I am not even remotely thinking that this is a scam. If you apply for a job via the genuine UK police website and they are in correspondence with you, it cannot be a scam.

Most times, when companies or organisations here are corresponding with you after you apply for a job, they assume that you have the right to work. It is only after they make you an offer and your resumption is being processed that they ask for your passport or residency rights. Certainly, that is what happened to me when I got my current job. That is the aspect that some of us are sceptical about and are are not trying to dissuade the OP

2 Likes

Re: I Got An Offer In Uk by ednut1(m): 5:10pm On Mar 29, 2021
signature2012:

he could be. I never said he was.
Re: I Got An Offer In Uk by moonbender(m): 5:11pm On Mar 29, 2021
Tats:

As for me, I am not even remotely thinking that this is a scam. If you apply for a job via the genuine UK police website and they are in correspondence with you, it cannot be a scam.

Most times, when companies or organisations here are corresponding with you after you apply for a job, they assume that you have the right to work. It is only after they make you an offer and your resumption is being processed that they ask for your passport or residency rights. Certainly, that is what happened to me when I got my current job. That is the aspect that some of us are sceptical about and are are not trying to dissuade the OP

You are on point my brother.
Re: I Got An Offer In Uk by moonbender(m): 5:12pm On Mar 29, 2021
signature2012:

Don't mind him please.

I don't like people who always feel they know it all. And whatever they say should be final. And I take most of their insults as a normal thing as this is a faceless forum. One on One, them no born them well.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Got An Offer In Uk by moonbender(m): 5:16pm On Mar 29, 2021
ednut1:
he could be. I never said he was.

"he could be"

Mhen...you must be a scammer bro for quickly having such mindset and conclusion.
Re: I Got An Offer In Uk by oluphemmxzy(m): 6:03pm On Mar 29, 2021
my country fifu and over sabi
Re: I Got An Offer In Uk by irijuola: 6:36pm On Mar 29, 2021
I don't have any idea about working in the UK or OP's job claim but I'll like to applaud the OP for his matured responses. Your response shows a very high social intelligence which is uncommon in most Nigeria social media platforms. If you can be this composed in your responses, then I really wish you get the job.

14 Likes

Re: I Got An Offer In Uk by justwise(m): 7:00pm On Mar 29, 2021
moonbender:

You just hit the nail.

You are mature in your response and I like that.

I remember mentioning to justwise that I'm enlightened enough to know wrong from right. And before I am taking the process serious simply means my guarantor has already done a physical verification. And the whole process doesn't require me paying any money online.

The stage I have gotten to in the process so far, I haven't paid a dime. And I am in the final stage which only requires me to be in the UK for physical examination and the whole process is complete.

Bro you don't in this particular issue and nothing you have said so far shows that you actually understand what we are saying.

I will travel to any part of the UK to personally apologise to you if you travel to the UK at the end and put on police uniform.

Saying that i'm jealous because you are about to join the UK police force is just childish.

9 Likes

Re: I Got An Offer In Uk by moonbender(m): 7:18pm On Mar 29, 2021
[quote author=justwise post=100315403]

Bro you don't in this particular issue and nothing you have said so far shows that you actually understand what we are saying.

I will travel to any part of the UK to personally apologise to you if you travel to the UK at the end and put on police uniform.

Saying that i'm jealous because you are about to join the UK police force is just childish.
Re: I Got An Offer In Uk by moonbender(m): 7:18pm On Mar 29, 2021
justwise:

Okay sir. You can't discourage me though.
Re: I Got An Offer In Uk by missyojo(f): 7:24pm On Mar 29, 2021
Mehennnnn!!!!
OP, your head dey there. I love the way you respond, very apt and matured.

2 Likes

Re: I Got An Offer In Uk by moonbender(m): 7:25pm On Mar 29, 2021
irijuola:
I don't have any idea about working in the UK or OP's job claim but I'll like to applaud the OP for his matured responses. Your response reeks of social intelligence which is uncommon in most Nigeria social media platforms. If you can be this composed in your responses, then I really wish you get the job.

See leave those people that haven't even touched the entrance of an airport claiming what they don't know.

And thanks for your wishes.

God bless
Re: I Got An Offer In Uk by moonbender(m): 7:26pm On Mar 29, 2021
missyojo:
Mehennnnn!!!!
OP, your head dey there. I love the way you respond, very apt and matured.

Thanks ma.

God will not shame us!!

1 Like

Re: I Got An Offer In Uk by Nobody: 8:02pm On Mar 29, 2021
ednut1:
facts have been presented to him. He is still arguing. He could be a scammer too as people will message him to know the so called process he used

This is exactly what he wants. People message him for the process. Trust any Nigerian at your own peril especially in a faceless forum.

5 Likes

Re: I Got An Offer In Uk by firac(m): 8:17pm On Mar 29, 2021
moonbender:

Thanks ma.
God will not shame us!!
you are a scammer looking for who to scam...

1 Like

Re: I Got An Offer In Uk by ednut1(m): 8:42pm On Mar 29, 2021
BiggyB242:

This is exactly what he wants. People message him for the process. Trust any Nigerian at your own peril especially in a faceless forum.
any small thing they will say you are hating / negative. People hate to hear the truth.
Re: I Got An Offer In Uk by moonbender(m): 8:46pm On Mar 29, 2021
firac:
you are a scammer looking for who to scam...

Okay sir.

Can you buttress your claim? With cogent points?

1 Like

Re: I Got An Offer In Uk by moonbender(m): 8:47pm On Mar 29, 2021
ednut1:
any small thing they will say you are hating / negative. People hate to hear the truth.

Nobody messaged me. I am not the Employer.

If I wanted people to message me, I wouldn't have dropped the link to where I applied to.

Why are you having this impression?

If you are a Nigerian, then shame on you. You do not even trust your self.

2 Likes

Re: I Got An Offer In Uk by ednut1(m): 8:54pm On Mar 29, 2021
moonbender:

Nobody messaged me. I am not the Employer.

Why are you having this impression?

If you are a Nigerian, then shame on you. You do not even trust your self.
i never said you are mr man. All this ya back and forth self looks suspect lol.
Re: I Got An Offer In Uk by moonbender(m): 8:56pm On Mar 29, 2021
ednut1:
i never said you are mr man. All this ya back and forth self looks suspect lol.

Okay. Maybe you should tell me what you mean by "my back and forth"

Obviously, most of you are not used to my kind of response.

The lashing kind of response is now a common place here.
Re: I Got An Offer In Uk by Biodex58(m): 9:10pm On Mar 29, 2021
You get person for uk, why you no ask am??

6 Likes

Re: I Got An Offer In Uk by moonbender(m): 9:14pm On Mar 29, 2021
Biodex58:

Lol. You and others can't press my button. The button don spoil since.

I assumed this is a forum where people learn from. And I thought people's responses would go a long way in educating others who want to tow same path as me.

But since it was a bad idea, I rest my case.

Once again, you and those like you can't press my button.

1 Like

Re: I Got An Offer In Uk by Biodex58(m): 9:23pm On Mar 29, 2021
You no answer my question...save your time and ask your guarantor...sefini wink wink

7 Likes

Re: I Got An Offer In Uk by jesmond3945: 12:41am On Mar 30, 2021
moonbender:
For the records

I didn't create this post to request financial assist or telling people to apply through me.

I created this to know the advantages and disadvantages of working in the UK as a police officer which I've been offered offer already. The only thing I need to do is to be in the country and the process of application is complete.

I wonder why in a platform like this where there are millions of people, just a pinch of such would be acting like they known it all and have seen it all.

I don't need to show you too much details as per the job since I'm not soliciting for funds.

If you know what you know, keep it. Don't trample on peoples experiences and what they know too.

op be prepared to stand and patrol. Be prepared for subtle prejudice and your colleagues not keen to relate. That's the only downside. You would enjoy the job. Congrats.
Re: I Got An Offer In Uk by Kettlecorn: 12:52am On Mar 30, 2021
moonbender:

You just hit the nail.

You are mature in your response and I like that.

I remember mentioning to justwise that I'm enlightened enough to know wrong from right. And before I am taking the process serious simply means my guarantor has already done a physical verification. And the whole process doesn't require me paying any money online.

The stage I have gotten to in the process so far, I haven't paid a dime. And I am in the final stage which only requires me to be in the UK for physical examination and the whole process is complete.

I can only speak to the information provided. The screenshot of the email provided states that "to be able to apply to us, you must have lived in the country for 12 months". It also states that "If you do move into the UK, please let me know and we can discuss further"
This is polite oyinbo speak for find your way to the UK yourself, we can't help you. After you have been here for 12 months and with the right documentation, then you can apply. Chickena! This is why people are confused when you say you have an offer, because the email clearly states that you can't even apply until you have been there for 12 months.

8 Likes

Re: I Got An Offer In Uk by claremont(m): 1:14am On Mar 30, 2021
justwise:

Connection indeed, connection does not work here as this is not Nigeria, you need to be a citizen , EU national or ILR holder to be eligible .

Have you ever seen any police authority around the world recruiting a foreigner who doesn’t reside in that country legally with right to work?

Only military does that

Come back here to tell us after wasting your money on the process.

The military no longer recruits from overseas, that route has since closed. Commonwealth applicants have to be in the country legally to be eligible to join the military.
Re: I Got An Offer In Uk by Ekpekus(m): 3:02am On Mar 30, 2021
Biodex58:
Wisdom is at work in you...
Guarantor dey UK, you dey ask us wey never smell airport.
This is a simple stuff na
Re: I Got An Offer In Uk by TheGreatIYANU: 5:53am On Mar 30, 2021
Dear Nigerian Youths... the reason why you and this country will never go far is ARROGANCE. Arrogance is when you are ignorant and ignorant of the fact that you are ignorant and choose to Educate others in your ignorance!

No one even asked the OP what gave him the impetus to apply.

In the email screenshot, they gave him a waiver stating he can apply if he has lived in the UK for 12 months?!

Brothers, what if this guy has done a Masters degree there? My Masters took nearly 18 months!

There is so much you are IGNORANT of in this situation, including those of you currently in the UK.

How 'bout we all politely ask question and find out the way?!

Chai! Nigerian leaders have really done you guys in!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Got An Offer In Uk by Kettlecorn: 6:35am On Mar 30, 2021
TheGreatIYANU:
Dear Nigerian Youths... the reason why you and this country will never go far is ARROGANCE. Arrogance is when you are ignorant and ignorant of the fact that you are ignorant and choose to Educate others in your ignorance!

No one even asked the OP what gave him the impetus to apply.

In the email screenshot, they gave him a waiver stating he can apply if he has lived in the UK for 12 months?!

Brothers, what if this guy has done a Masters degree there? My Masters took nearly 18 months!

There is so much you are IGNORANT of in this situation, including those of you currently in the UK.

How 'bout we all politely ask question and find out the way?!

Chai! Nigerian leaders have really done you guys in!

Oga, there is no guesswork involved here. The requirements are clearly stated on their website + what's in the email. First, Readers can infer that OP is currrently not in the UK. They said he can apply after he has been there for 12 months, but note that the 12 months starts from the date of application which means the 12 months immediately preceding the application date. Does not count if he had spent 18 months in the U.K. at some other time. He obviously had not been in the UK for 12 months preceding his original application that's why they said he can apply again if he can find his way to the UK and stay for 12 months. In addition, there is an immigration requirement which appears is the real issue they are skirting around. If you are a Commonwealth citizen or a foreign national, you must be resident in the UK free of restrictions and with indefinite leave to remain in the UK. Devil is in the details. I spent less than 5 minutes on the website to understand the requirements. I suggest anyone trying to unravel the situation do so too.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Attended My First Block Carnival Party In Brasilia,brazil,i Enjoyed It,pics-18+ / Cheap Tickets To Nigeria / Rail Passenger Traffic Dropped In Q1 2019, Says NBS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.