Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,756 members, 7,809,919 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:09 PM

Two Months On, Yar Adua Is Confused, Yet To Make A Single Move - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Two Months On, Yar Adua Is Confused, Yet To Make A Single Move (1933 Views)

Soludo Is Confused, Has Lost Touch With Reality- Fani Kayode / Shehu Musa Yar Adua Joined The Army In 1964 / The Internet, Nigeria Newspaper, Oga Yar Adua And Sss Arrest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Two Months On, Yar Adua Is Confused, Yet To Make A Single Move by chidichris(m): 8:21am On Jul 09, 2007
events unfolding from aso rock is showing that yar adua is still confused on which way forward.
he is yet to decide on whether to please Obj who sole handed made him president or do things on his own.
such decission as we all know is such a critical one as working against obj will mean bitting the finger that feeds u while working for him will mean been under the presure of the nigerian populace.
ministerial norminees and nominations might take another year to conclude.
elections of local gov. chairmen and word councilors are yet to be concluded.
scrutiny of past leaders are yet to be looked into.
na waa, will this man be a total rubber stamp? how long does he want to be loyal? please everyone shld help so that we start in the day time to look for the black goat.
Re: Two Months On, Yar Adua Is Confused, Yet To Make A Single Move by angel101(f): 10:43am On Jul 09, 2007
Has he announced his cabinet?
If he doesnt know what to do, he can step aside now b4 its too late
Re: Two Months On, Yar Adua Is Confused, Yet To Make A Single Move by Mamajama(m): 4:13pm On Jul 09, 2007
step aside is not an option in Nigeria BIGMANISIM SYNDROME dey worry us
Re: Two Months On, Yar Adua Is Confused, Yet To Make A Single Move by chidichris(m): 11:56pm On Jul 09, 2007
he is confussed on who to choose. there is obj's lineup, ibb's lineup annenih's lineup and ofcourse his own lineup.
the truth of the matter is that he is yet to be a man of his own.
obj used to be a confussed president but yar adua seems to be more confussed than obj was.
he knows he did not win election but he thinks the only way to make it up to nigerians is to carry everybody along but who told him that the population of nigeria is this small to be carried along.
we can course the day pdp was born
Re: Two Months On, Yar Adua Is Confused, Yet To Make A Single Move by vigasimple(m): 1:39am On Jul 10, 2007
i DON'T THINK ANY GOOD ANALYSIST SHOULD BE SURPRISED .

OBJ DID MOST OF THE CAMPAIGN, AND MAKE SURE HE WAS ELECTED OR SELECTED.

IN FAIRNES TO BOTH OBJ AND YAR ADUA, HE YAR ADUA IS LEAST OF ALL EVILS OF OUR POLITICIANS.

NONETHELESS TO HAVE TAKEN WELL OVER 2 MONTHS TO FORM A GOVT SPEAKS VOLUME BUT THEN THERE IS SOMETHING CALLED NATIONAL CHARACTER IN NIGERIA, IT IS IN THE CONSTITUTION.

HE HAS TO ACCOMODATE ALL THE STATES ETC.

TO BE FRANK I DON'T KNOW HOW MANY LEADERS (IF WE EVER HAVE ONE) THAT IS BOLD ENOUGH TO SET OUT A VISIONARY AGENDA.

THEY ARE TOO MUCH COMPROMISED IN ONE THING OR THE OTHER.

TO SAY YAR ADUA IS CONFUSED IS AN UNDERSTATEMENT, HE IS PERPLEXED. HE DIDN'T REALLY WANT THE JOB BUT HE WAS CHOOSEN IN WHAT THE ENGLISH/BRITISH WOULD CALL STALKING HORSE.

OBJ USED HIM TO CHECKMATE ALL OTHER MAJOR EVILS-IBB, ATIKU , BHUARI ETC.

WITH TIME YAR ADUA WILL RECOGNISED WITH OR WITHOUT OBJ HE HIS NOW THE COMMANDER IN CHIEF.

I PRAYED AND WISH HIM ALL THE BEST, MY GOD STRENGHTEN HIM AND GIVE HIM WISDOM AND UNDERSTANDING TO LEAD US WELL AND RIGHT.
Re: Two Months On, Yar Adua Is Confused, Yet To Make A Single Move by angel101(f): 4:34pm On Jul 10, 2007
Is the national assembly sleeping too? them no fit pass vote of no confidence?
Re: Two Months On, Yar Adua Is Confused, Yet To Make A Single Move by BUSHFELLOW(m): 5:14pm On Jul 10, 2007
Angel oya begin the vote na wa for you ho. you know hear say na baba dey head the comity when go dey decide the bill to pass and deliberate on for pdp legislators.
Re: Two Months On, Yar Adua Is Confused, Yet To Make A Single Move by dayokanu(m): 6:36pm On Jul 10, 2007
When as a governor the best thing he could do was to save money because he had no vision and project to execute and we are celebrating him for saving money for his state when there are myriad of problems bedevilling Katsina.

Now 2 months into governance. No way forward. Soon 2011 would come and he would say he spent the last 4 years studying Nigeria. No minister. His handling of the NLC imbroglio speaks volume about his management style.

I am sure he is still suffering from the exertion of the campaign
Re: Two Months On, Yar Adua Is Confused, Yet To Make A Single Move by angel101(f): 6:42pm On Jul 10, 2007
BUSHFELLOW:

Angel oya begin the vote na wa for you ho. you know hear say na baba dey head the comity when go dey decide the bill to pass and deliberate on for pdp legislators.

anyhow dem wan do am, 2 months long is enough. As u say na baba dey do am, make him do quick i beg.
Re: Two Months On, Yar Adua Is Confused, Yet To Make A Single Move by Seun(m): 8:57pm On Jul 10, 2007
Leave him alone. The best government is one that governs least. An over-active government is a tyranny.
Re: Two Months On, Yar Adua Is Confused, Yet To Make A Single Move by angel101(f): 9:08pm On Jul 10, 2007
Do u sometimes pause to listen to urself?
Re: Two Months On, Yar Adua Is Confused, Yet To Make A Single Move by denex: 9:52pm On Jul 10, 2007
Na wah O! I think GOvernment should be renamed MANverment because a lot of people like looking at the government as GOD.

Government is only a referee. It is not supposed to actively take part. It makes and keeps the rules and regulations.
Re: Two Months On, Yar Adua Is Confused, Yet To Make A Single Move by Seun(m): 9:56pm On Jul 10, 2007
@angel101: Our president's first action was to resolve the labor crisis
created by the previous administration. His second action was to command
security operatives to resolve a hostage crisis. I'd say he's been pretty busy.
Re: Two Months On, Yar Adua Is Confused, Yet To Make A Single Move by denex: 10:02pm On Jul 10, 2007
@Seun

Nigerians don't want action. They want to see activity.

They should tell me what Gordon Brown has been doing since he became prime Minister.

They should tell me what Sarkozi has been doing since he became president.

Abeg, Nigerians' problem is beyond God.
Re: Two Months On, Yar Adua Is Confused, Yet To Make A Single Move by angel101(f): 10:15pm On Jul 10, 2007
How about appointing a cabinet. think that would be a good idea?!
Re: Two Months On, Yar Adua Is Confused, Yet To Make A Single Move by mijd(m): 3:26pm On Jul 12, 2007
Anjel101, Abeg take am easy! good things are worth waiting 4. lets give him a chance to prove himself.

Remember: Uneasy lies the head that wears the crown.
Re: Two Months On, Yar Adua Is Confused, Yet To Make A Single Move by angel101(f): 4:23pm On Jul 12, 2007
mijd:

Anjel101, Abeg take am easy! good things are worth waiting 4. lets give him a chance to prove himself.

Remember: Uneasy lies the head that wears the crown.

He no think am b4 he begin campaign?
Re: Two Months On, Yar Adua Is Confused, Yet To Make A Single Move by mijd(m): 4:37pm On Jul 12, 2007
Angel101, u sound too militant! can u 4 once be patient. If u be judge, e day like say u go comot that part way say " tamper Justice with mercy "

Anyhow shaaa the end go always justify the means. I am not saying he can be perfect but lets watch and seeeeeee. shocked
Re: Two Months On, Yar Adua Is Confused, Yet To Make A Single Move by debosky(m): 4:44pm On Jul 12, 2007
Yar'Adua has been busy, the labor strike and the kidnappings are serious issues that he needed to deal with, he is still dealing with these. In addition, his personal intervention has led to the suspension of the ASUU strike, all thorny issues affecting many Nigerians. He has also made pronouncements on the ND issue and the power sector.

I don't really understand what kind of 'action' we are talking about here, maybe people want to see signing of contracts or pie-in-the-sky promises, I don't know.

On the cabinet thing, Yar'adua couldn't have moved much faster on that, the Assembly was on recess due to lack of accomodation, thus delaying sending out the list of ministers for screening and approval. That hopefully will be completed in the next 2 weeks. He has promised to reveal his plans for the power sector and the ND by end of the month. those are crucial steps that will determine the fate of his administration, I don't think they are actions to be taken lightly. The truth is, no matter how prepared you may be, actually taking on the job of president will always be a daunting task, Yar'adua is up to it, and I believe many of these accusations are premature.
Re: Two Months On, Yar Adua Is Confused, Yet To Make A Single Move by mijd(m): 5:02pm On Jul 12, 2007
welldone. Deboski! That sound very optimistic about the issue.
Re: Two Months On, Yar Adua Is Confused, Yet To Make A Single Move by swing4real(m): 5:17pm On Jul 12, 2007
Can we just give this man some time please? Patient is what we need from him and he will carry us through
Re: Two Months On, Yar Adua Is Confused, Yet To Make A Single Move by angel101(f): 12:21pm On Jul 13, 2007
mijd:

Angel101, u sound too militant! can u 4 once be patient. If u be judge, e day like say u go comot that part way say " tamper Justice with mercy "

Anyhow shaaa the end go always justify the means. I am not saying he can be perfect but lets watch and seeeeeee. shocked

Ok o I will be patient as long as i dont have to wait till 2011 grin
Re: Two Months On, Yar Adua Is Confused, Yet To Make A Single Move by Bankole01(m): 2:31pm On Jul 13, 2007
The biggest problem Yar'Adua has is that of legitimacy. He is honest enough to admit the fraudulent way he was (s)elected. This is why he is looking for legitimacy from opposing parties. It has been a dismal failure, except for greedy political jobbers who are only looking out for self!
his second problem is he is overshadowed by the emperor of Ota! (Obasanjo). Obasanjo is the de facto leader of PDP and president by proxy!. Yar'Adua is a puppet do nothing figure-head as he was in Katsina. Yes he saved a lot of money for his State because he had no clues on what to do then and he doesn't know what to do now.

It is good to have an honest man running affairs of State, but a clueless figurehead is was than a rabble rouser. A leader leads by actively participating in government. Deligating duties to competent subordinates. when a leader is under to chose his own cabinet, it speaks volumes about him. Two months is too long to let the government languish. Nigeria's public sector has been too demoralized and destabilized to be let so long without any competent managers!

Someone said he handled the labour strike well! I beg to differ. The ocassion of the strike would have been the time for him to assert himself and free himself of the shackles of Obasanjo. He should have lowered the prices of the petroleum products. This would have endeared him to the people. On thje ASUU suspended teachers, he had no choise. So far, Yar'Adua has been stage managed by Obasanjo's hangers on.

Gordon Brown cannot in any way be compared to Yar'Adua. First of all, he inherited his cabinet. Secondly, he is the maverick behind the success of the British government. Tony Blair was theflamboyant leader of the party and Prime Minister. Gordon Brown was the real leader of the Labor party before Tony Blair, he was dull and they presented Tony as a person who was more acceptable to the public. Tony Brown was supposed to step down for Brown after four years but when Tony and the Labor partybecame immensely popular, it was agreed to let Tony continue as the Prime minister.  Gordon Brown practically single handedly ran the economic affairs of State. This, Yar'Adua is a far underdog at performing!
Re: Two Months On, Yar Adua Is Confused, Yet To Make A Single Move by abiodunade(m): 2:46pm On Jul 13, 2007
i think is very wrong 4 anybody to say mr. president has nt make any move since he assumed office. d man has used his wisdom to solve some problems like NLC and ASUU strike. am of d view dat we should jst d man more to really settle down.
Re: Two Months On, Yar Adua Is Confused, Yet To Make A Single Move by Mamajama(m): 2:50pm On Jul 13, 2007
What strike did he solved?  didn't the NLC embark on the strike that paralyzed the nation for 4 days?  The strike was never prevented, so what are you guys commending Yar Adua for?  This administration in my view is very slow, but I am still optimistic and hopeful they will be successful.  Are there still no kidnapping going on left and rights?
Re: Two Months On, Yar Adua Is Confused, Yet To Make A Single Move by mijd(m): 7:35am On Jul 14, 2007
mamajama,

I thought u believed on the philosophy that says "the man who removes a mountain begins by carrying away small stones" or is it just a camouflage signature?

If this philosophy hold then as mountainous as Nigerian problems are, I think the little he has done since inception are small stones to start with in trying to remove the mountain before us!
Re: Two Months On, Yar Adua Is Confused, Yet To Make A Single Move by chidichris(m): 10:11am On Jul 14, 2007
families are run by father, mother and children. nobody is saying he shld not take his time but we are saying two months on, no minister and no cabinet in place.
obj ruled nigeria for seven and half years as the president as well as the petrolium minister so yar adua as an educated man can as well rule nigeria as a president and the carbinet ministers.
the position of nigerian president is not by force and shld not be by mistake.
his problem here is that he does not know whose lists to follow, buhari, annenih, atiku, obj or ibb's lists.
he is surely a confused aboki.
if choosing a carbinet will take him 1 year then major decissions will take him whole life to take.
he shld quite if what he bargained for is not forthcoming.
he was so loosed that he accepted every conditions from the big fools so now that he is there, it is difficult to resolve.
Re: Two Months On, Yar Adua Is Confused, Yet To Make A Single Move by Afam(m): 10:56am On Jul 14, 2007
Mamajama:

What strike did he solved? didn't the NLC embark on the strike that paralyzed the nation for 4 days? The strike was never prevented, so what are you guys commending Yar Adua for? This administration in my view is very slow, but I am still optimistic and hopeful they will be successful. Are there still no kidnapping going on left and rights?

Yar'adua resolved the issues NLC brought before the FG and in my opinion the strike was completely meaningless.

The strike achieved nothing because the organizers ended up agreeing with what the FG came up with.

We should learn to give credit when it is necessary while condemning what needs to be condemned.
Re: Two Months On, Yar Adua Is Confused, Yet To Make A Single Move by denex: 11:09am On Jul 14, 2007
@Bankole1

you condemn Yar'Adua claiming that he was selected but you also go on to hail Gordon Brown for INHERITING the Prime Ministerial Position in the UK.

Why is it that we always accept anything "white" as right.

So would you have been any happier if Yar'Adua had inherited the Presidency? Nigerians! Condemning their own mistakes yet celebrating british crime.

@Topic.

Due process takes time. It is dictatorial unilateral decision making that comes to effect immediately.
Re: Two Months On, Yar Adua Is Confused, Yet To Make A Single Move by Bankole01(m): 1:49pm On Jul 14, 2007
denex:

@Bankole1

you condemn Yar'Adua claiming that he was selected but you also go on to hail Gordon Brown for INHERITING the Prime Ministerial Position in the UK.

Why is it that we always accept anything "white" as right.

So would you have been any happier if Yar'Adua had inherited the Presidency? Nigerians! Condemning their own mistakes yet celebrating british crime.

Denex you have just exposed your lack of knowledge of the British parliamentary system. Also, you did not read the rest of my explanation.
The British vote for parties and not the person. The parliamentary members choose their leaders, who inturn form majority government.
Gordon Brown, was already a parliamentarian and second in command to Tony Blair. When the party decided to remove Tony (or Tony accepted to step down), it became incumbent on Gordon Brown to naturally step into the position of Prime Minister.

Yar'Adua on the other hand got an affirmative selection of one overbearing man and his errand thugs. This is the battle of illegitimacy which the Musa Umaru is facing. The albatross which will forever cloud his presidency and which appears to be confounding him!!!!!!!!!!
Learn to readbetween the lines KID!
Re: Two Months On, Yar Adua Is Confused, Yet To Make A Single Move by angel101(f): 3:19pm On Jul 14, 2007
@denex
I will just add that the labour party elected Gordon Brown as their leader.
Re: Two Months On, Yar Adua Is Confused, Yet To Make A Single Move by chidichris(m): 8:05am On Jul 21, 2007
Denex,
i hope you are learning? this forum is surposed to be a learning place. people here are surposed to be ready to argue wisely.
who is here to compare the english way with ours? in england, there is no adedibu, chris uba, andy uba, bode george, adenuga, dangote, tony annenih, borrishade and their likes. they have such standard that whenever any official feels anything funny, he will resign knowing too well that the people are no long comfoirtable with him.
it is a place big boys like the former enron boss could be tried fairly by the smallest lawyer in a magistrate court and get the deserved result.
have u asked yourself, how efcc encounter with adenuga ended? have you asked yourself how tony annenih matter is been handled? have ever asked yourself why will andy uba context for governorship in anambra even with an established case of money laundary in the usa while serving obj? have you asked yourself while Borishade was shifted to aviation ministry after messing the educational system in nigeria up and later pushed to the information and culture minstry after he recorded the highest number of air misharps as a minister of aviation. these are things that will never happen over there.
yar adua is a product of the highest corrupt election in nigeria and his periority at the moment is how best he can please everybody which is the most difficult thing one can think of.
he is loyal to different groups in his desperate move to be a president and now he is afraid to fall out with anyone.
he can't choose his cabinet without the consent of all the stakeholders.
he is just a dull baby. one could see how silent ribadu was from the onset but with much preasure from obj yar adua has once aggain empowered efcc so all the anti obj's are going to be in soup while all the obj boys are still the saints of our time.
untill we see the likes of andy uba, chris uba, tony annenih, bode george, adedibu all of whom we know are not clean in the efcc net, we will not believe efcc is real.
efcc, shld have started by obj and atiku, the shld have started by our federal roads, power supply and other top FG contracts which were all paid for and yet to recieve any care or are we saying that those contracts are not existing?
we are just decieving ourselves.
the national truths can only come when the untouchables are touched.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Http://www.punchng.com/articl.aspx?theartic=art201102189412835 / Reasons Y Igbo People Ar Industrious N Succeeds In Business / NNO Official Statement On The Kano Suicide Bombing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.