Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,901 members, 7,814,048 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:25 AM

Is This Normal? From 60 Daily Pageviews To 500 Plus In Less Than 5 Days - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Is This Normal? From 60 Daily Pageviews To 500 Plus In Less Than 5 Days (1088 Views)

Bloggers With More Than 10k Daily Pageviews, Post Your Blog Url. We Ha Beta Deal / Grow Your Blog To 10k Daily Pageviews / Blog 10k Daily Pageviews Script And Organic Traffic Setup For Sell (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This Normal? From 60 Daily Pageviews To 500 Plus In Less Than 5 Days by shrinkpk(m): 12:32pm On Mar 29, 2021
I recently came across a blogger template that, after a few days of installing the template, my blogger blog that was recording between 60 and 100 daily Pageviews at its best started recording 500 or more daily Pageviews.

Now, my concern is; is that normal?

Is it possible the developer encoded the template such that it manipulates and hypes the blog stats?

Before you ask how or why that is a concern to me, here are my reasons:

First, my blog is about blogger templates reviews and I am privileged to test-running different blogger templates on some demo blogger sites.

Most of these templates that I review, I get the premium versions directly from the templates developers for free, review the template and publish my observations on my blog.

At a point, there was one template I got from Bloggertheme9. That template actually manipulates blogger stats because I noticed that after installing that template, when I visit the blog to check on it, a single view would record 4 or 5 views in the blog stats.

At first, I thought it was an improvement in the template that increased the blog traffic but later when I uninstalled the template and installed another, the blog stats returned to normal.

Then, I realised it must have been some scripts or so that caused that increase in traffic because if it was a real traffic, the changes could never have been immediate.

Now, another template gives me similar but slightly different result.

In about 5 days of installing that template, my blog traffic just jumped to 400 to 500 from about 60 to 100 daily Pageviews.

I checked with blogger stats but this template does not seem to tamper with that.

Can someone here tell me if this is normal or hyped?

My blog: www.templatesreview.xyz
The template I installed: iVMega Pro Premium Blogger Template

I am open to further questions in as much as you can help so I can decide if I should keep the template or not.
Re: Is This Normal? From 60 Daily Pageviews To 500 Plus In Less Than 5 Days by Tectono: 6:47pm On Mar 29, 2021
Could you please review the blog on my signature?
Re: Is This Normal? From 60 Daily Pageviews To 500 Plus In Less Than 5 Days by shrinkpk(m): 11:06pm On Mar 29, 2021
Tectono:
Could you please review the blog on my signature?
Nothing appears in your signature, am I missing out on something?
More so, I review templates. Not blogs.
Re: Is This Normal? From 60 Daily Pageviews To 500 Plus In Less Than 5 Days by webincomeplus(m): 4:26am On Mar 30, 2021
shrinkpk:
I recently came across a blogger template that, after a few days of installing the template, my blogger blog that was recording between 60 and 100 daily Pageviews at its best started recording 500 or more daily Pageviews.

Now, my concern is; is that normal?

Is it possible the developer encoded the template such that it manipulates and hypes the blog stats?

Before you ask how or why that is a concern to me, here are my reasons:

First, my blog is about blogger templates reviews and I am privileged to test-running different blogger templates on some demo blogger sites.

Most of these templates that I review, I get the premium versions directly from the templates developers for free, review the template and publish my observations on my blog.

At a point, there was one template I got from Bloggertheme9. That template actually manipulates blogger stats because I noticed that after installing that template, when I visit the blog to check on it, a single view would record 4 or 5 views in the blog stats.

At first, I thought it was an improvement in the template that increased the blog traffic but later when I uninstalled the template and installed another, the blog stats returned to normal.

Then, I realised it must have been some scripts or so that caused that increase in traffic because if it was a real traffic, the changes could never have been immediate.

Now, another template gives me similar but slightly different result.

In about 5 days of installing that template, my blog traffic just jumped to 400 to 500 from about 60 to 100 daily Pageviews.

I checked with blogger stats but this template does not seem to tamper with that.

Can someone here tell me if this is normal or hyped?

My blog: www.homedecorca.me
The template I installed: iVMega Pro Premium Blogger Template

I am open to further questions in as much as you can help so I can decide if I should keep the template or not.
The Blogger traffic analytics is highly inaccurate as it counts visits by bots along with human traffic.

To have the real picture about your site's traffic, you have to set up Google Analytics for the site.

2 Likes

Re: Is This Normal? From 60 Daily Pageviews To 500 Plus In Less Than 5 Days by Nobody: 4:39am On Mar 30, 2021
webincomeplus:

The Blogger traffic analytics is highly inaccurate as it counts visits by bots along with human traffic.

To have the real picture about your site's traffic, you have to set up Google Analytics for the site.
And just how accurate is Google Analytics? I find it even more inaccurate lately. cool
Re: Is This Normal? From 60 Daily Pageviews To 500 Plus In Less Than 5 Days by webincomeplus(m): 9:56am On Mar 30, 2021
questechie:

And just how accurate is Google Analytics? I find it even more inaccurate lately. cool
That's the standard in the IM world. You can't be more correct than millions of experts!
Re: Is This Normal? From 60 Daily Pageviews To 500 Plus In Less Than 5 Days by Nobody: 1:12pm On Mar 30, 2021
webincomeplus:

That's the standard in the IM world. You can't be more correct than millions of experts!
Did I say it's not the standard? I asked how accurate it is, because as at now, it shows Germany as my highest traffic source. But both Ahrefs and Semrush is showing US, which I find more accurate.
Re: Is This Normal? From 60 Daily Pageviews To 500 Plus In Less Than 5 Days by Nobody: 1:15pm On Mar 30, 2021
Also, I noticed some money keywords bringing traffic to your site is hidden in Google Analytics! Why would Google deny a webmaster such crucial data
Re: Is This Normal? From 60 Daily Pageviews To 500 Plus In Less Than 5 Days by webincomeplus(m): 1:21pm On Mar 30, 2021
questechie:

Did I say it's not the standard? I asked how accurate it is, because as at now, it shows Germany as my highest traffic source. But both Ahrefs and Semrush is showing US, which I find more accurate.
Analytics is still more accurate than those other tools you mentioned considering that Google has more access to user data than the companies behind those tools. While no tool is perfect, Analytics remains the most accurate.

You can't compare a tool that requests access to your site's pages through a code with another that merely analyzes your traffic from outside.

Even tools like Ahrefs and SEMrush can't be all that trusted. Each tool works based on estimations that may be right or wrong.

1 Like

Re: Is This Normal? From 60 Daily Pageviews To 500 Plus In Less Than 5 Days by webincomeplus(m): 1:23pm On Mar 30, 2021
questechie:
Also, I noticed some money keywords bringing traffic to your site is hidden in Google Analytics! Why would Google deny a webmaster such crucial data
Google is gradually reducing its emphasis on free info that would turn the user away from its paid solutions. And that's why the GKP won't show you lucrative long tail KWs because they want you to target the competitive keywords through Adwords (paid promotion on SERPs).
Re: Is This Normal? From 60 Daily Pageviews To 500 Plus In Less Than 5 Days by shrinkpk(m): 1:45pm On Mar 30, 2021
webincomeplus:

Thank you. I really appreciate this hints.

Meanwhile, I actually had Google analytics setup for the blog but I never considered it a go to place for monitoring the blog's traffic considering the convenience and ease of accessing the stats and managing my blog in one single dashboard.

However, I checked Google analytics data and it shows 293 clicks in 30 days data filter.

I guess that's a greenlight too considering past performances.

Thank you for the hint once again.
Re: Is This Normal? From 60 Daily Pageviews To 500 Plus In Less Than 5 Days by Rhymeyjohn: 8:10pm On Mar 30, 2021
Webincomeplus you're highly rated sir. I have been following you and your website anonymously these year.

I ask you for a favour. I'm trying to get Google AdSense on my blog but it hasn't been successful. They keep saying I have not met certain policy. Kindly help me review www.postgraduatenigeria.com

Thanks
Re: Is This Normal? From 60 Daily Pageviews To 500 Plus In Less Than 5 Days by webincomeplus(m): 8:47pm On Mar 30, 2021
shrinkpk:

Thank you. I really appreciate this hints.

Meanwhile, I actually had Google analytics setup for the blog but I never considered it a go to place for monitoring the blog's traffic considering the convenience and ease of accessing the stats and managing my blog in one single dashboard.

However, I checked Google analytics data and it shows 293 clicks in 30 days data filter.

I guess that's a greenlight too considering past performances.

Thank you for the hint once again.
If you want the convenience of the viewing Google Analytics from your dashboard, there's a plugin for that (Google Analytics Dashboard Plugin for WordPress by MonsterInsights).

As for the 293 clicks you found, how does that compare to what the Blogger dashboard revealed?
Re: Is This Normal? From 60 Daily Pageviews To 500 Plus In Less Than 5 Days by webincomeplus(m): 8:49pm On Mar 30, 2021
Rhymeyjohn:
Webincomeplus you're highly rated sir. I have been following you and your website anonymously these year.

I ask you for a favour. I'm trying to get Google AdSense on my blog but it hasn't been successful. They keep saying I have not met certain policy. Kindly help me review www.postgraduatenigeria.com

Thanks
Is that site on WordPress or Blogger? You're not yet using https in 2021? Set that first before thinking of trying again with Adsense.
Re: Is This Normal? From 60 Daily Pageviews To 500 Plus In Less Than 5 Days by Emeka71(m): 10:58pm On Mar 30, 2021
Sky-rocketing traffic.
Re: Is This Normal? From 60 Daily Pageviews To 500 Plus In Less Than 5 Days by Tectono: 11:02pm On Mar 30, 2021
shrinkpk:
Nothing appears in your signature, am I missing out on something? More so, I review templates. Not blogs.
Check again
Re: Is This Normal? From 60 Daily Pageviews To 500 Plus In Less Than 5 Days by shrinkpk(m): 11:44pm On Mar 30, 2021
webincomeplus:

If you want the convenience of the viewing Google Analytics from your dashboard, there's a plugin for that (Google Analytics Dashboard Plugin for WordPress by MonsterInsights).

As for the 293 clicks you found, how does that compare to what the Blogger dashboard revealed?
The blog is on Blogger .
Re: Is This Normal? From 60 Daily Pageviews To 500 Plus In Less Than 5 Days by shrinkpk(m): 11:46pm On Mar 30, 2021
Rhymeyjohn:

Thanks
https on your blog could be part of it but it is not as important as the content to Google.

And from what I can see there, the contents on your blog are not good enough. More so, the design is substandard.

Many things...
Re: Is This Normal? From 60 Daily Pageviews To 500 Plus In Less Than 5 Days by webincomeplus(m): 4:08am On Mar 31, 2021
shrinkpk:

https on your blog could be part of it but it is not as important as the content to Google.

And from what I can see there, the contents on your blog are not good enough. More so, the design is substandard.

Many things...
Well, I didn't say the content isn't important. I only said he should start with the https fix. Google throws tantrums over little things at times.

The design is not so consequential in my experience. I once had issues with getting Adsense approval on a site of mine. I then had to hire one Pakistani guy on Fiverr. The major change he effected on the site was to change my theme to one ugly-looking, bland theme. He told me to reapply, and gbam! That was it.

What I'm trying to say is the beauty of a theme means nothing to Google. A visually appealing theme can be better coded can one with lots of decorative bells and whistles. And the minimalist, dull-looking theme might employ a code and structure that conforms to Adsense's requirements.
Re: Is This Normal? From 60 Daily Pageviews To 500 Plus In Less Than 5 Days by webincomeplus(m): 4:10am On Mar 31, 2021
shrinkpk:

The blog is on Blogger .
Oh, my bad! I forgot.

I really can't say if Blogger now has provisions for something similar. As of 2013, when I stopped using Blogger, there wasn't any.
Re: Is This Normal? From 60 Daily Pageviews To 500 Plus In Less Than 5 Days by Insidenaija: 6:49am On Mar 31, 2021
Rhymeyjohn:

Thanks
can you contact me and I will get your blog approved for AdSense in two weeks, but that will definitly cost you 20k.

Drop your WhatsApp number.

Note: I will ask you to do some things.

1 Like

Re: Is This Normal? From 60 Daily Pageviews To 500 Plus In Less Than 5 Days by shrinkpk(m): 1:18pm On Mar 31, 2021
Rhymeyjohn:

Thanks
If your domain is at least 2 months old already, I can get your domain approved for AdSense in less than 5 days.

And at just 10k

Drop your WhatsApp number if you are interested.
Re: Is This Normal? From 60 Daily Pageviews To 500 Plus In Less Than 5 Days by shrinkpk(m): 1:20pm On Mar 31, 2021
webincomeplus:

Well, I didn't say the content isn't important. I only said he should start with the https fix. Google throws tantrums over little things at times.

The design is not so consequential in my experience. I once had issues with getting Adsense approval on a site of mine. I then had to hire one Pakistani guy on Fiverr. The major change he effected on the site was to change my theme to one ugly-looking, bland theme. He told me to reapply, and gbam! That was it.

What I'm trying to say is the beauty of a theme means nothing to Google. A visually appealing theme can be better coded can one with lots of decorative bells and whistles. And the minimalist, dull-looking theme might employ a code and structure that conforms to Adsense's requirements.
That could be true but clean template and good
original contents weigh more. HTTPS or not does not really count for now. I got one approved without https recently.
Re: Is This Normal? From 60 Daily Pageviews To 500 Plus In Less Than 5 Days by webincomeplus(m): 2:41pm On Mar 31, 2021
shrinkpk:

That could be true but clean template and good
original contents weigh more. HTTPS or not does not really count for now. I got one approved without https recently.
Well, there's a difference between visual cleanliness and having clean code. The code is what matters. Google's bot can't perceive aesthetics.

I agree with you, though, since most templates that look clean have clean codes powering them.
Re: Is This Normal? From 60 Daily Pageviews To 500 Plus In Less Than 5 Days by shrinkpk(m): 2:43am On Apr 02, 2021
Exactly, by clean template, I mean the source codes. Not just the beautification people fall for.
Re: Is This Normal? From 60 Daily Pageviews To 500 Plus In Less Than 5 Days by Rhymeyjohn: 4:05pm On Apr 24, 2021
webincomeplus:

Is that site on WordPress or Blogger? You're not yet using https in 2021? Set that first before thinking of trying again with Adsense.

Thanks for the suggestion. I changed to Https but Goggle still refused AdSense.

What could be wrong again?
Re: Is This Normal? From 60 Daily Pageviews To 500 Plus In Less Than 5 Days by Rhymeyjohn: 4:06pm On Apr 24, 2021
shrinkpk:

Many things...

Thanks. I'll improve
Re: Is This Normal? From 60 Daily Pageviews To 500 Plus In Less Than 5 Days by Rhymeyjohn: 1:22pm On May 05, 2021
I have changed my blog URL. It's now Https.

I applied to AdSense but it was still rejected.
I don't know which of the terms I am breaking. Please help me with your knowledge. Thanks
webincomeplus:

Re: Is This Normal? From 60 Daily Pageviews To 500 Plus In Less Than 5 Days by Gbagura: 11:49am On May 06, 2021
That's a jackpot for you.

Netflix, Spotify, Quillbot, hootsuite, grammarly, skillshare, chegg, YouTube premium, VyprVPN, windscribe pro, zoom pro, crunchyroll, Amazon prime etc available

(1) (Reply)

. / Adobe Unveils Flex 3.0 And Air 1.0 / Three Ways For You As A Nigerian To Accept Visa/mastercard On Your Website.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.