Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,517 members, 7,819,864 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:01 AM

HOW I WRITE MY BOOKS WITHOUT ACTUALLY WRITING THEM - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / HOW I WRITE MY BOOKS WITHOUT ACTUALLY WRITING THEM (135 Views)

Where Can I Publish My Books? / Can I Still Go Back And Write My Carry Over After 2 Years? / Download Hundred Of E-books Without Spending A Dime (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

HOW I WRITE MY BOOKS WITHOUT ACTUALLY WRITING THEM by ocaugustine(m): 6:04am On Mar 30, 2021
I have been a professional writer for three years. However, at some point in my life, I had a health deficiency where I couldn't use my fingers to write.

All my fingers became weak and feeble. It was more or less like there were no bones to support the movement again. I wept all day, imagining how my promising writing career will be aborted after I won Chinua Achebe Writers Award

Oh! how frustrating it was for me. I didn't know what to do.

I visited the hospital almost every day to find out if there was another way but the doctors always gave me the same response. My two brothers, who were medical doctors couldn't help me.

How would I continue in my passion? Was I even ready to lose the company that I had built over the years? Who will help me? These questions were dancing through my mind.

Believe me, I didn't know what to do, I couldn't lose all of this all because of a deficiency and I couldn't continue sitting back not doing anything. I hate begging, it's not in my DNA

Then one day I went to a friend who was also a writer and expressed my fears to her. This friend gave me some tips that changed my life from that day.

Currently, I can write without stress. I can write without caring about those deficiencies again.

Would You Like To Know What My Friend Told Me?

I believe they would help you just in case you don't like writing but you love to own your own book or even create content.

God forbid you won't have such deficiencies…

Here are some things that my friend told me that could help you….

1. Record Yourself

Record yourself with your phone using the audio recorder on your phone or better still use Bandicam.

Upload the recorded file on software that transcribes spoken words to written form.

If you are satisfied with the work, go ahead and edit it yourself or give it to a professional content editor to edit for you.

2. Google Speech to Text

Google Speech to Text is another tool that I use now.

This works by simply opening a new document either on Google docs or the WPS app.

Once the document file is open, simply click on the microphone icon at the top right-hand corner and speak into it.

Google transcribes your words through this simple process.

It's only possible for smartphones using the G-board keyboard type. If your phone doesn't have it, then download it.

3. Get a Local Transcriber

A local transcriber is one that transcribe your spoken words into written form.

You can hire such people from platforms like Upwork or Fiverr.

Did you get any value??

Orji-Oko Uzor
The son of Orji Oko, the grandson of Oko Uzor

#Creativefinger
chukwuemekaorjioko.contently.com

(1) (Reply)

Major Biden Likely Dealing With Social Anxiety In New Environment, Philadelphia / Jolly Phonics And Diction Online Training / AAUA Don Wins International Grants, Becomes VP Of American Arts Institute

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.