Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,581 members, 7,837,192 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:33 PM

Buhari Alleges Rigging Of Election - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Alleges Rigging Of Election (1809 Views)

Shameless Rigging Of Kogi Election Exposed - Pic / How Rufus Akeju Coordinated The Rigging Of Oyo State Elections / PDP Congratulates Buhari, Alleges Irregularities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Alleges Rigging Of Election by Nobody: 1:40am On Apr 17, 2011
Presidential candidate of the Congress for Progressive Change, Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (retd), has alleged that ballot papers with thumbprints were distributed by air nationwide on the eve of the presidential election.

Buhari expressed concern about what he called the nocturnal movement of presidential ballot papers that were taken to polling centres.

Speaking on Saturday after casting his vote at the Serikin Yara Ward at the Kofar Baru polling unit in Daura, his home town, Buhari said that he had facts from impeccable sources.

Buhari stated that he had reports of planes distributing ballot papers with thumbprints to states across the country.

“One of such planes came earlier this morning to Katsina airport, and our people were driven away from the airport before the consignment was off loaded and driven straight to the Government House,” he said.

He added that the CPC had been vigilant and had monitored movements at the Independent National Electoral Commission’s headquarters in the state to ensure that only authorised materials were moved in or out.

“People are determined and they went and surround INEC and they are making sure that whatever went in or out of INEC is one which is being supervised by our representatives and the presidential election monitoring teams,” he said.

Buhari said that his party had learnt from the national assembly elections that the rigging would be sophisticated and had mobilised its supporters to be vigilant.

“Our people now know it’s up to them that they have literate and committed agents from the polling unit up to the collation centre,” he said.

Buhari said that it was the responsibility of young people as major stakeholders in the Nigerian project to ensure that the elections were free and fair.

“If they allow the ruling party to mess them up, it is they who will suffer for the next 40 years,” he said.

The CPC presidential candidate, however, said that he would not go to court to challenge the outcome of the election.

He stressed that if he was taken to court, his party would rise to defend him.

Buhari had a difficult time wading through the crowd of supporters that had thronged his Serkin Yara polling unit to watch him vote.

Several people, especially the elderly, waited patiently on long queues for voting to start.

http://punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art2011041752362
Re: Buhari Alleges Rigging Of Election by udezue(m): 1:44am On Apr 17, 2011
Lol Buhari shut up and accept defeat.
Re: Buhari Alleges Rigging Of Election by Sunofgod(m): 1:46am On Apr 17, 2011
Sorry Man,

Go and cry in private - not in public.

[img]http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/dt.common.streams.StreamServer.cls?CONTENTTYPE=image/jpeg&STREAMOID=9G4fHedYnVu4oUMGAZyHWC6SYeqqxXXqBcOgKOfTXxSPBgqlkQSxhIFSFtT4if5snW_PgxgftuECOcfJwS6Jtlp$r8Fy$6AAZ9zyPuHJ25T7a9GKDSxsGxtpmxP0VAUyHL6IDcZHtmM2t7xO$FHdJG95dFi6y2Uma3vSsvPpVyo-[/img]
Re: Buhari Alleges Rigging Of Election by SunnyT72: 1:53am On Apr 17, 2011
loser accept defeat in good faith!!!, if thumb printed ballot paper were distributed, GEJ will not be scoring low in the north where the number of people voting seems ridiculous to other part of the country, from the number i have seen going to CPC, it looks like goat, sheep and cow are all voting in the north.
Re: Buhari Alleges Rigging Of Election by Nobody: 1:55am On Apr 17, 2011
Re: Buhari Alleges Rigging Of Election by Antiscam1: 2:03am On Apr 17, 2011
haba!,we are use to dis allegation already.pls gen. buhari say something else?
Re: Buhari Alleges Rigging Of Election by Beaf: 2:05am On Apr 17, 2011
LOL!

Buhari turns rumour monger after several failed attempts.
Re: Buhari Alleges Rigging Of Election by Odunnu: 2:32am On Apr 17, 2011
This Buhari, I mean this particular Buhari amongst his very many ills is evil and insatiable also.
Thumbprinted materials yet his party cleared it in Katsina, in Shekarau's Kano,in Ribadu's Adamawa(these are other aspirants in the race). He actually thinks he's popular outside the north?
Re: Buhari Alleges Rigging Of Election by NDelta(m): 3:08am On Apr 17, 2011
To be sincere there was little little rigging mostly in the villages but overall. I give this election 53% pass mark in terms of rigging.
Re: Buhari Alleges Rigging Of Election by AljUche: 3:09am On Apr 17, 2011
N.Delta:

To be sincere there was little little rigging mostly in the villages but overall. I give this election 53% pass mark in terms of rigging.

thank you for being honest
Re: Buhari Alleges Rigging Of Election by aletheia(m): 6:40am On Apr 17, 2011
Re: Buhari Alleges Rigging Of Election by Jakumo(m): 6:43am On Apr 17, 2011
[size=15pt]Go to court and LOSE, LOSE, LOSE again, Ayatollhah Buhari Bin-Laden, you dumb camel-jockey dickhead.   Ha ha ha[/size]
Re: Buhari Alleges Rigging Of Election by Rossikk(m): 6:44am On Apr 17, 2011
This man should respect his old age and stop trying to heat up the polity with baseless allegations of impropriety at every turn.
Re: Buhari Alleges Rigging Of Election by OmoTier1(m): 7:41am On Apr 17, 2011
TO ALL WHO ARE HAVING A LAUGH REMEMBER TWO EVILS CAN NEVER MAKE GOOD.

IF YOU GRACEFULLY REJOICE OVER WHAT HAPPENED IN SOUTH EAST AND MUCH OF SOUTH-SOUTH (EXCEPT EDO) REMEMBER NEMESIS IS THE "MORNING DEW OF TOMORROW" JUST LIKE MADAM DORA IS BEGINNING TO FIND OUT!

AS A SOUTHERNER I AM ASHAMED WE IN THE SOUTH ARE REJOICING OVER A SPOIL THAT WILL FURTHER KEEP US IN BONDAGE. JONATHAN STILL WOULD HAVE WON MOST AND IF ALL PARTS OF THE SOUTH (SW + SE) WITHOUT THE LANDSLIDE RIGGING WITNESS IN THESE REGIONS.

AS FOUR BUHARI, WHATEVER THE OUTCOME THE SHOULD GO AHEAD TO KEEP TO HIS WORDS CONCERNING WHAT HE SAID HE WOULD DO AFTER RESULTS OF THE ELECTION IS ANNOUNCED.

FOR ALL I KNOW : "THEY THAT COME TOGETHER TO KEEP A LOOT SHALL SCATTER BECAUSE OF THE SPOIL!"
Re: Buhari Alleges Rigging Of Election by presido1: 7:53am On Apr 17, 2011
^^^ What happened in SE and SS pls.
Re: Buhari Alleges Rigging Of Election by ericdry: 1:11pm On Apr 17, 2011
aletheia, truth right?, nice name,

wats up with the pic, are these dudes underage?

clue us in
Re: Buhari Alleges Rigging Of Election by aletheia(m): 1:22pm On Apr 17, 2011
ericdry:

aletheia, truth right?, nice name,
^Yeah, means "truth". Thanks.
ericdry:

wats up with the pic, are these dudes underage?

clue us in
^Yes. Underage voters in Katsina, Gombe etc. Culled from the Vanguard website.
Re: Buhari Alleges Rigging Of Election by ericdry: 1:35pm On Apr 17, 2011
its always been about who rigs d most,
as a matter of fact, caught a video on FB today dat showed a woman thumb printing a lot of ballot papers, right behind corpers and inec officials,

all d noise about change, eye service,
9ja hasnt changed,

but we can hope that, the change, albeit gradual, has begun,

lol, no doubt, dat sounded like a stupid speech
Re: Buhari Alleges Rigging Of Election by Nobody: 1:44pm On Apr 17, 2011
ericdry:

its always been about who rigs d most,
as a matter of fact, caught a video on FB today dat showed a woman thumb printing a lot of ballot papers, right behind corpers and inec officials,

all d noise about change, eye service,
9ja hasnt changed,

but we can hope that, the change, albeit gradual, has begun,

lol, no doubt, dat sounded like a silly speech
you have the link?
Re: Buhari Alleges Rigging Of Election by efisher(m): 1:52pm On Apr 17, 2011
Rigging alleges Buhari of election. grin grin grin

Abegiii make the man follow IBB resign joo! (Hope y'all know IBB has resigned from active politics)
Re: Buhari Alleges Rigging Of Election by kasiem(m): 1:54pm On Apr 17, 2011
Infact bb, i'm just beginning to understand what FAILURE can turn man into. Okay, i'll vote 4 u in 2015
Re: Buhari Alleges Rigging Of Election by efisher(m): 1:57pm On Apr 17, 2011
I tire for the man o. This election was the true definition of fair play. For every under age vote in the desert, there was an equal and opposite extra thumb print in the creek. grin
Re: Buhari Alleges Rigging Of Election by texazzpete(m): 2:07pm On Apr 17, 2011
Buhari has already said he will not head to the courts this time around. Does that sound like a 'bad loser'? If he spots evidence of rigging should he not mention it? Is anyone here saying there was no rigging in this elections?

In 4 years time it will be your turn to defend the better candidate, perhaps someone like Gov Fashola. You will meet a new generation of young Nairalanders who will play the roles people like Odunnu and Beaf are playing now. And Nigeria will continue to stew in mediocrity.

It's still not 100% certain who will win this thing, but i'll assume GEJ will edge it. I'll remind you people of this day at regular milestones. We'll see.
Re: Buhari Alleges Rigging Of Election by kasiem(m): 2:43pm On Apr 17, 2011
Bb has gone bankrupt that's why he's trying to embark on inflammatory words instead of going to court. All u guys should help ur oga in settling his debts
Re: Buhari Alleges Rigging Of Election by kasiem(m): 2:46pm On Apr 17, 2011
Bb has gone bankrupt that's why he's trying to embark on inflammatory words instead of going to court. All u guys should help ur oga in settling his debts
Re: Buhari Alleges Rigging Of Election by Odunnu: 2:53pm On Apr 17, 2011
texazzpete:

Buhari has already said he will not head to the courts this time around. Does that sound like a 'bad loser'? If he spots evidence of rigging should he not mention it? Is anyone here saying there was no rigging in this elections?

In 4 years time it will be your turn to defend the better candidate, perhaps someone like Gov Fashola. You will meet a new generation of young Nairalanders who will play the roles people like Odunnu and Beaf are playing now. And Nigeria will continue to stew in mediocrity.

It's still not 100% certain who will win this thing, but i'll assume GEJ will edge it. I'll remind you people of this day at regular milestones. We'll see.
hardly would you make a post without either directing it at me or including my name.
No wa'ala, i'l be in Aso Rock soon,i'l remember to mention you to myGEJ hopefully you'l land a contract.
Re: Buhari Alleges Rigging Of Election by Kobojunkie: 3:02pm On Apr 17, 2011
texazzpete:

In 4 years time it will be your turn to defend the better candidate, perhaps someone like Gov Fashola. You will meet a new generation of young Nairalanders who will play the roles people like[b] Odunnu [/b]and Beaf are playing now. And Nigeria will continue to stew in mediocrity.

I only wish he/she would remove the f for female right next to her ID cause each I see that, I wonder if he/she also inhaled the fumes from the bottle, while dying her hair blond to match her IQ. ROFLMAO!!!!
Re: Buhari Alleges Rigging Of Election by honeric01(m): 3:09pm On Apr 17, 2011
He said he heard from his field officials and he had to report to security agents, why are people castigating him? are you guys trying to say there was no rigging in this election?
Re: Buhari Alleges Rigging Of Election by otokx(m): 3:11pm On Apr 17, 2011
Nobody can say there was no rigging in this election but let us do like Al Gore and move forward.
Re: Buhari Alleges Rigging Of Election by sbeezy8: 3:13pm On Apr 17, 2011
exactly ^^^

this election is ODD but people will look the other way any GEJ was already president so . . .
Re: Buhari Alleges Rigging Of Election by Mariory(m): 3:20pm On Apr 17, 2011
Underage voting and thump printing. So there have been election malpractices. How large though is the real question.
Re: Buhari Alleges Rigging Of Election by Arosa(m): 3:33pm On Apr 17, 2011
More proofs. angry

(1) (2) (Reply)

Where Are The Supporters Of Buhari? / Youths Seek N150m Payout From Police Over Killing Of Colleague / Tinubu’s Trial Vindicates Gani Fawehinmi’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.