Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,507 members, 7,816,214 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:48 AM

Igbos And The Presidency - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbos And The Presidency (821 Views)

Ministerial Appointments: No Going Back On Sep 30- Presidency / Presidency Denies Rift Between Buhari, Tinubu / Stella Oduah's Answer To Query From The Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbos And The Presidency by Audu123(m): 2:46am On Apr 17, 2011
I don't' get it. Do Igbos think they will enter the presidency? After Goodluck in 2019, it will be Sambo for another 8 years. Anybody that thinks Goodluck is leaving in 2015 is deluded.
Re: Igbos And The Presidency by EzeUche(m): 2:48am On Apr 17, 2011
Re: Igbos And The Presidency by bashr4: 2:52am On Apr 17, 2011
EzeUche:

lol
Re: Igbos And The Presidency by AljUche: 3:02am On Apr 17, 2011
igbos do not care

since jonathan is there, then igbos are cool with it

i mean they run the economy according to them
Re: Igbos And The Presidency by NDelta(m): 3:16am On Apr 17, 2011
I am not an igbo man but I think they also deserve the presidency. Nigeria belong to all of us. ONE NIGERIA!!
Re: Igbos And The Presidency by fstranger5: 3:27am On Apr 17, 2011
Alj Uche:

igbos do not care

since jonathan is there, then igbos are cool with it

i mean they run the economy according to them

[size=18pt]ROFLMAO[/size]

Well, according to them, they run Nigeria and they make up 90.00000001% of Lagos, 95.9870% of ibadan, 85% of Kano, 81.1112% of Kaduna, 90. 55543% of London and to top it all, they are form Isreal

You got to love Ibos

Ibo kwenu

EEbo kwezonu!!!

Bunch of deluded mofos
Re: Igbos And The Presidency by Depointer1: 4:05am On Apr 17, 2011
They dont care, they v never been known to be in support for progress as far electing a good candidate is concern. Why i dont blame them is because they spread all over, especially southwest. they dont even know what good govenance means as long as they sell thier 'fake' products.
Re: Igbos And The Presidency by Depointer1: 4:06am On Apr 17, 2011
They dont care, they v never been known to be in support for progress as far electing a good candidate is concern. Why i dont blame them is because they spread all over, especially southwest. they dont even know what good govenance means as long as they sell thier 'fake' products.
Re: Igbos And The Presidency by fstranger5: 4:07am On Apr 17, 2011
ezeuche

Re: Igbos And The Presidency by Nchara: 6:14am On Apr 17, 2011
Buhahah! Sore losers. Tinubu failure, Buhari failure. Igbos own Lagos. Go and commit suicide.
Re: Igbos And The Presidency by ektbear: 6:23am On Apr 17, 2011
When GEJs tenure ends in 2015 or 2019, likely it will go to the north. Assuming that the PDP is the dominant party at those times, of course.
Re: Igbos And The Presidency by Nchara: 6:28am On Apr 17, 2011
ekt_bear:

When GEJs tenure ends in 2015 or 2019, likely it will go to the north. Assuming that the PDP is the dominant party at those times, of course.

One step at a time. Even you should know that.
Re: Igbos And The Presidency by ektbear: 6:31am On Apr 17, 2011
^- We shall see. I'd put the odds (as of right now) at less than 10%, personally. Things might of course change.
Re: Igbos And The Presidency by henry101(m): 7:01am On Apr 17, 2011
ekt_bear:

So you think Nigerians would vote for an inconpetent man if Fashola wants be president in 2015.
In 2015, I see Shekarau, Fashola, maybe Amechi and Chime, Ribadu maybe El-Rufai and probably GEJ fighting ot be president. Will be interesting,
Maybe Akala and Orji can try their luck, grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Igbos And The Presidency by ektbear: 7:12am On Apr 17, 2011
henry101:

So you think Nigerians would vote for an inconpetent man if Fashola wants be president in 2015.
In 2015, I see Shekarau, Fashola, maybe Amechi and Chime, Ribadu maybe El-Rufai and probably GEJ fighting ot be president. Will be interesting,
Maybe Akala and Orji can try their luck,  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

2015 for Fashola would be hard. No incumbency, no PDP structure to take advantage of, no block northern vote (I don't think offering VP to a northerner is enough to secure block votes.) I dunno. . . Nigerians don't really vote for pure competency. Tribal/regional considerations seem to be more important, unfortunately for Fash.
Re: Igbos And The Presidency by henry101(m): 7:22am On Apr 17, 2011
ekt_bear:

2015 for Fashola would be hard. No incumbency, no PDP structure to take advantage of, no block northern vote (I don't think offering VP to a northerner is enough to secure block votes.) I dunno. . . Nigerians don't really vote for pure competency. Tribal/regional considerations seem to be more important, unfortunately for Fash.

It's a gradual process if he doesnt win, it wont stop him from contesting again.
2015 would be a good clash.
Re: Igbos And The Presidency by ektbear: 7:28am On Apr 17, 2011
^-- Fashola's best hope imo was for this ACN/CPC alliance to have occurred, the PDP broken, and then running for president to succeed Buhari. Since that won't happen, I'm not sure what his best bet is. Perhaps go to the senate in 2015 and bide his time for a ripe opportunity?

I'm not convinced that running over and over again is a good idea. . . after the first loss, you get branded with a 'loser' tag. And people tend not to spend their votes on people they don't think can win.

Even Buhari, had Yar'Adua not died he'd have no chance of winning.
Re: Igbos And The Presidency by nusdog: 8:02am On Apr 17, 2011
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

[size=50pt]FUNNY THREAD[/size]

tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Igbos And The Presidency by dazangel11(f): 10:37am On Apr 17, 2011
Make una wait till then all till after this election result come out

(1) (Reply)

Reject Postings To Northern States, Group Directs Yoruba Corps Members / Boko Haram Sect Kills The Driver Of Borno State Gov. / We Will Be Attacking Aso Rock Villa Says Boko Haram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.