Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,451 members, 7,958,358 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 01:03 PM

In A State Of Confusion - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / In A State Of Confusion (256 Views)

Student Loan Applications By State Of Origin / State Of Confusion. Please Help! / The State Of Deterioration In Our Schools In Borno State. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

In A State Of Confusion by Ebube043: 5:38pm On Mar 30, 2021
pls my seniors in the house, i need your suggestion, i am currently in a federal institution(100 level), but i have an OND, in an engineering course, but am thinking if i should go back and complete my HND, as age is no longer on my side,i just finished my first semester exams,so am thinking of stopping my uni education,after my second semester exams,oewing to the fact that i have no sponsor for now.thank you as i await your favorable responses
Re: In A State Of Confusion by MufasaLion: 6:16pm On Mar 30, 2021
I understand you. Don't go back for HND because this country don't value HND graduate hence the difficulty to get job or placements. I'd urge you to still stay in school to continue your studies. Although engineering is 5 years. There's no age limit to acquiring knowledge.

However, if you are really worried about the age issue, you should rather do a D.E into a your school or any school of choice. A university degree is more valued than HND but irrespective of that make sure you get some certifications also. It will add to your skills and also boos up your resumé.

Shalom!
Re: In A State Of Confusion by Ebube043: 6:30pm On Mar 30, 2021
MufasaLion:
I understand you. Don't go back for HND because this country don't value HND graduate hence the difficulty to get job or placements. I'd urge you to still stay in school to continue your studies. Although engineering is 5 years. There's no age limit to acquiring knowledge.

However, if you are really worried about the age issue, you should rather do a D.E into a your school or any school of choice. A university degree is more valued than HND but irrespective of that make sure you get some certifications also. It will add to your skills and also boos up your resumé.

Shalom!
thanks boss, am already in level 100,am 26 years, but i feel like the 5 years is just too much, i just feel like going for the HND so i can finish up after two years and go for service before 30, and start working to cater for my poor mum,and start a life, although i look younger than my age
Re: In A State Of Confusion by MufasaLion: 6:39pm On Mar 30, 2021
Ebube043:
thanks boss, am already in level 100,am 26 years, but i feel like the 5 years is just too much, i just feel like going for the HND so i can finish up after two years and go for service before 30, and start working to cater for my poor mum,and start a life, although i look younger than my age

5 years is not too much if you're really determined even though it's not easy.

The truth is there's no assurance that you'll get a job after having HND not to talk of a good job job that can cater for you nit to talk of your mom. Even a degree holder is still searching for job in Nigeria of today.

The best advice is that you should stay put in your present journey. Although it seems hard but you'll be happy you did it afterwards. An engineering graduate from a University with some skills and certifications irrespective of the age surely have a brighter future.

Improve on yourself. Learn some digital skills. Align with ambitious individuals and get some skills.

Just stick to your current journey and have a good grade. Focus on the goal not the hurdles. Graduating at 31 is not bad at all. There are some people going back for Medicine degree at 35.

Shalom!
Re: In A State Of Confusion by Ebube043: 6:55pm On Mar 30, 2021
MufasaLion:

5 years is not too much if you're really determined even though it's not easy.

The truth is there's no assurance that you'll get a job after having HND not to talk of a good job job that can cater for you nit to talk of your mom. Even a degree holder is still searching for job in Nigeria of today.

The best advice is that you should stay put in your present journey. Although it seems hard but you'll be happy you did it afterwards. An engineering graduate from a University with some skills and certifications irrespective of the age surely have a brighter future.

Improve on yourself. Learn some digital skills. Align with ambitious individuals and get some skills.

Just stick to your current journey and have a good grade. Focus on the goal not the hurdles. Graduating at 31 is not bad at all. There are some people going back for Medicine degree at 35.

Shalom!
Thanks boss, i really appreciate, i think i have to stick with my current journey
Re: In A State Of Confusion by MufasaLion: 6:56pm On Mar 30, 2021
Ebube043:
Thanks boss, i really appreciate, i think i have to stick with my current journey

Please do!

You're on the right track bro.

Watch over your mum!

Cheers bruv.

(1) (Reply)

Study In Germany Tuition Free: Here Are Courses Offered In English Language / Energy Talent Graduate Solar Engineer Trainee Program 2021 / Kano Govt Orders Closure Of School Over Security Threat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.