Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,307 members, 7,850,109 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 02:27 PM

Panic Buying as SA Bans Alcohol Again - 4th Time In One Year (PICS) - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Panic Buying as SA Bans Alcohol Again - 4th Time In One Year (PICS) (1038 Views)

Ramaphosa 'Very Likely' To Resign As SA President Imminently (PICS) / SA Bans Police Dancing On Social Media Following Recent Trend / UK Fuel Scarcity: Panic Buyer Empties Water Bottles, Fills Them With Petrol (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Panic Buying as SA Bans Alcohol Again - 4th Time In One Year (PICS) by TMKsouth: 10:50pm On Mar 30, 2021
President Cyril Ramaphosa on Tuesday addressed South Africa on developments in the country’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic and ahead of the Easter holidays this weekend.

Ramaphosa banned the sale of takeaway alcohol for the duration of the entire Easter weekend:

“Given the role of alcohol in fuelling reckless behaviour, we will put in place some restrictions over the Easter weekend. To this end, the sale of alcohol for off-site consumption will be prohibited this coming Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday.”

But the sale of alcohol for on-site consumption at bars and restaurants remains permitted. This, the fourth ban in the last 12 months, is the most lenient by far but still hopes to limit hospital admissions in order to spare beds for Covid patients.

Earlier on in the day, and in anticipation of the President's address later in the evening, there was panic buying at liquor outlets with people hoping to stock up in order to avoid a "dry Easter".

Re: Panic Buying as SA Bans Alcohol Again - 4th Time In One Year (PICS) by OlayemiAshraf(m): 10:58pm On Mar 30, 2021
grin bamaphosa and manipulating south Africans grin
Re: Panic Buying as SA Bans Alcohol Again - 4th Time In One Year (PICS) by inoki247: 11:02pm On Mar 30, 2021
lol maybe they should get Towing Vehicle and tow SA to Northern part of Nigeria dem go meet dere set for there....

1 Like

Re: Panic Buying as SA Bans Alcohol Again - 4th Time In One Year (PICS) by TMKsouth: 11:09pm On Mar 30, 2021
inoki247:
lol maybe they should get Towing Vehicle and tow SA to Northern part of Nigeria dem go meet dere set for there....

Hmmm, check last line of this attachment.

1 Like

Re: Panic Buying as SA Bans Alcohol Again - 4th Time In One Year (PICS) by TMKsouth: 11:09pm On Mar 30, 2021
OlayemiAshraf:
grin bamaphosa and manipulating south Africans grin

Mind games for sure. The alcohol bit is usually the most anticipated part of his speeches. And vaccines of course cheesy
Re: Panic Buying as SA Bans Alcohol Again - 4th Time In One Year (PICS) by sissoko89: 11:11pm On Mar 30, 2021
Mtcheww panick buy of Alcohol, no be even fuel..lobbishh
Re: Panic Buying as SA Bans Alcohol Again - 4th Time In One Year (PICS) by TMKsouth: 11:31pm On Mar 30, 2021
While the President spoke...

Re: Panic Buying as SA Bans Alcohol Again - 4th Time In One Year (PICS) by IronGalaxy: 11:34pm On Mar 30, 2021
Oh shit for real? I never watched the Ramaphosa thing..ah ah
Re: Panic Buying as SA Bans Alcohol Again - 4th Time In One Year (PICS) by HacheNoire: 11:36pm On Mar 30, 2021
When you think you have seen it all.

Buhari needs to make counter moves too. Sales of water should be banned, and all Federal and State water corporations shut-down
Re: Panic Buying as SA Bans Alcohol Again - 4th Time In One Year (PICS) by TMKsouth: 11:40pm On Mar 30, 2021
IronGalaxy:
Oh shit for real? I never watched the Ramaphosa thing..ah ah

Doesn't make sense, they extended opening hours by an hour. So binge drink at the pub (unmasked) and drive home causing accidents undecided
Re: Panic Buying as SA Bans Alcohol Again - 4th Time In One Year (PICS) by IronGalaxy: 11:42pm On Mar 30, 2021
TMKsouth:

Doesn't make sense, they extended opening hours by an hour. So binge drink at the pub (unmasked) and drive home causing accidents undecided
ANC logic.

2 Likes

Re: Panic Buying as SA Bans Alcohol Again - 4th Time In One Year (PICS) by TMKsouth: 12:32am On Mar 31, 2021
HacheNoire:
When you think you have seen it all.

Buhari needs to make counter moves too. Sales of water should be banned, and all Federal and State water corporations shut-down

Cruel. Access to water is a basic human right though. Alcohol is not grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Panic Buying as SA Bans Alcohol Again - 4th Time In One Year (PICS) by inumidun2010(m): 4:42am On Mar 31, 2021
E be like say Na NIGERIA be the ROYAL HIGHNESS of AFRICA ooooh..
Re: Panic Buying as SA Bans Alcohol Again - 4th Time In One Year (PICS) by Monogamy: 4:53am On Mar 31, 2021
SA people, they drink more than fish...

As if Alcohol na nutrition diet

grin grin
Re: Panic Buying as SA Bans Alcohol Again - 4th Time In One Year (PICS) by selemempe: 5:09am On Mar 31, 2021
IronGalaxy:
ANC logic.
when u bantu negroes were disturbing everybody's peace to lead a complex nation like SA, you didnt know you lacked the mental capacity? undecided you guys will ruin that country and blame it on nigerians and zimbabwens as usual undecided
Re: Panic Buying as SA Bans Alcohol Again - 4th Time In One Year (PICS) by GreaterFuture(m): 6:03am On Mar 31, 2021
Just can't let go of the Liquor, Shameful

2 Likes

Re: Panic Buying as SA Bans Alcohol Again - 4th Time In One Year (PICS) by TMKsouth: 10:42am On Mar 31, 2021
selemempe:
when u bantu negroes were disturbing everybody's peace to lead a complex nation like SA, you didnt know you lacked the mental capacity? undecided you guys will ruin that country and blame it on nigerians and zimbabwens as usual undecided

You've got serious issues with SA blacks that need tissues cool. Checkout your white masters also queueing up for booze. Don't act like you don't see them now.

Re: Panic Buying as SA Bans Alcohol Again - 4th Time In One Year (PICS) by selemempe: 10:49am On Mar 31, 2021
TMKsouth:

You've got serious issues with SA blacks that need tissues cool. Checkout your white masters also queueing up for booze. Don't act like you don't see them now.
lol..They are not my masters..they were yours until 1994.

I have met 3 white south Africans in Qatar. One was a very beautiful, shapely girl working as an engineer. Very friendly.
Two were my bosses in the company, very friendly and helpful people. I was interviewed by one...a very jovial man who likes to help blacks.
I have only met one black south African in my life and he already left a very very terrible impression that will probably last my life time.
Re: Panic Buying as SA Bans Alcohol Again - 4th Time In One Year (PICS) by TMKsouth: 10:56am On Mar 31, 2021
selemempe:
lol..They are not my masters..they were yours until 1994.

I have met 3 white south Africans in Qatar. One was a very beautiful, shapely girl working as an engineer. Very friendly.
Two were my bosses in the company, very friendly and helpful people. I was interviewed by one...a very jovial man who likes to help blacks.
I have only met one black south African in my life and he already left a very very terrible impression that will probably last my life time.

No, they're your masters coz you suffer from mental slavery. You are in every South Africa thread dissing black people.

Exhibit A - from just today:

Re: Panic Buying as SA Bans Alcohol Again - 4th Time In One Year (PICS) by selemempe: 11:00am On Mar 31, 2021
TMKsouth:

No, they're your masters coz you suffer from mental slavery. You are in every South Africa thread dissing black people.

Exhibit A - from just today:
lol..I am in every thread responding to black south African's insult on Nigerians. Let's keep it truthful please.
And why did you cut off the post I was replying to?
Re: Panic Buying as SA Bans Alcohol Again - 4th Time In One Year (PICS) by TMKsouth: 11:19am On Mar 31, 2021
selemempe:
lol..I am in every thread responding to black south African's insult on Nigerians. Let's keep it truthful please.
And why did you cut off the post I was replying to?

Which South African started insults in this thread before you came in and stirred the pot? OP is not South African.

And which post did I cut you off from? U hallucinating man, on both counts.
Re: Panic Buying as SA Bans Alcohol Again - 4th Time In One Year (PICS) by selemempe: 11:22am On Mar 31, 2021
TMKsouth:

Which South African started insults in this thread before you came in and stirred the pot? OP is not South African.

And which post did I cut you off from? U hallucinating man, on both counts.

did the op say he wasn't south African?
Re: Panic Buying as SA Bans Alcohol Again - 4th Time In One Year (PICS) by TMKsouth: 11:23am On Mar 31, 2021
selemempe:

I know his posts from long ago. He says he's a Nigerian or some other African living in SA.
Re: Panic Buying as SA Bans Alcohol Again - 4th Time In One Year (PICS) by mysticwarrior(m): 10:54pm On Mar 31, 2021
selemempe:
he is a south African.
Re: Panic Buying as SA Bans Alcohol Again - 4th Time In One Year (PICS) by TMKsouth: 5:27am On Apr 01, 2021
mysticwarrior:
he is a south African.

He's asking about the OP from another thread.

(1) (Reply)

Biden Approves $735M Weapons Sale To Israel / US Hypersonic Missile Fails Anew In Third Trial / Yemen Militias Enters Israel Abducts Israel Troops (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.