Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,904 members, 7,817,677 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:03 PM

The Wells Of Salvation - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Wells Of Salvation (585 Views)

Hymns On Assurance Of Salvation / A Refutation Of The ‘testimony’ Of Charlotte Wells / Charlotte Keckler / Assurance Of Salvation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Wells Of Salvation by yommyuk: 9:24am On Apr 17, 2011
For decades, the citizens of Nigeria have been clamouring the Government to provide clean water. Without water, life can be intolerable. With the powers that be failing to provide this life necessity, people have improvised. ‘Pure water’, ‘Boreholes’ and ‘Wells’ have become the order of the day. Imagine if people choose to wait for the government?

Remember the man who was lying sick by the pool of Bethesda for 38 years, while his healing was staring him in the face.  A possible situation made impossible by surrounding circumstances. The same can be said of people who sit by the well all their life by complaining about circumstances that they seem to be bounded by.  They just can’t see their way through. They become hopeless.

WHAT IS NEEDED?

GRACE

John 1:16
From his abundance we have all received one gracious blessing after another.

So why fret?  In Christ we have the undeserved grace. We live under the power of grace. This grace is what builds us up to receive our inheritance. What is that inheritance? Whatever God has predestined to be yours, claim it in Jesus name.  The Lord who told Jeremiah that he knew him before he was formed in his mother’s womb by setting him apart for his purpose is more than able to meet us at our lowest point of need.  His grace is available to all, seek it and you shall find.

KNOWLEDGE
Are you knowledgeable concerning what Jesus Christ can do for you? If not, be encouraged and strong. Let us grow in confidence, understanding that God’s mysterious plan, which is in Christ for our benefit has already being accomplished.

Colossians 2:3
In him (Jesus) lie hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.

A believer that has wisdom and knowledge can never fail. Pray to God for both and He will reveal his mysterious plan which the devil cannot comprehend. Fret not!

GIFTS
Have you recognised your God given gift?

Matthew 5:14-15
You are the light of the world like a city on a hilltop that cannot be hidden. No one lights a lamp and then puts it under a basket instead, a lamp is placed on a stand, where it gives light to everyone in the house.

A buried gift is of no good. Of what good is salt if it lost its flavour?  You are the salt of the earth. Wherever you find yourself, make sure you add more value. Make a good impact.

SIN

What are you doing that is not right in the sight of God. We are all sinners and have come short of the glory of God. We know that it is only Christ that reconciles and makes us right with God. But it is also our individual responsibility to resist sin.

1 Corin 5:34!
Think carefully about what is right and stop sinning. For to your shame I say that some of you don’t know God at all.

Key advice

Think carefully in all that you do. The fear of God is the beginning of wisdom. When we continuing sinning it simply means we do not know God and his fear is not in us. It is a terrible thing to fall into the hands of the Living God.

CONCLUSION

ISAIAH 12:1-3
In that day you will sing: “I will praise you, O Lord! You were angry with me, but not anymore. Now you comfort me. See, God has come to save me. I will trust in him and not be afraid. The Lord God is my strength and my song; he has given me victory.”

With joy you will drink deeply from the fountains of Salvation – Amen and Hallelujah to that

Who is the fountain of our salvation from which we should drink from?

Jesus Christ, Our Lord and Saviour.

God bless. wink

(1) (Reply)

Keep Talking Your Dreams / Be Concerned Enough To Pray / Reject Complacent Christianity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.