Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,613 members, 7,955,256 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 08:48 PM

Do You Have Any Question About Vaccine? I Can Answer Them. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Do You Have Any Question About Vaccine? I Can Answer Them. (270 Views)

Have You Taken Your COVID-19 Vaccine? I Just Took Mine (Pictures) / COVID-19 Vaccine: I Will Not Take And Will Not Make Kogi People Guinea Pig – Yay / Dr Noor Hisham Says In The Dark About Vaccine Supply Chain Disruption Claim (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Have Any Question About Vaccine? I Can Answer Them. by FatherOfJesus: 11:00am On Mar 31, 2021
Hello guys,
Here’s your science friend, today I want to take questions on vaccines.

Quickly guys, let me introduce myself; I have a background in biochemistry, masters degree in clinical clinical chemistry and I did a short course on immunology and vaccines with the Tel Aviv university, Israel. So I think I can do well in taking some of your concerns.

I understand that a lot of people have different bias toward vaccines since after the Covid19 pandemic started, it’s quite understandable since a lot of us do not have science background and different information online against vaccination are easily believable against the real science behind it. No blames at all, we are in an age of information warfare and people can easily share unsubstantiated information online and it’s quite difficult for some people to differentiate that which is true from false. I think this is a good platform for people like me to educate the populace on how vaccines actually work and to also address some of these concerns people have.

So kindly drop your concerns toward vaccination and I will do well to the best of my knowledge to address them.

Seun, lalasticlala, please I want to more people to take part in this.
Re: Do You Have Any Question About Vaccine? I Can Answer Them. by MickzyDonald: 11:03am On Mar 31, 2021
Nice work OP, but I'm not sure this vaccine can ever reach common men

1 Share

Re: Do You Have Any Question About Vaccine? I Can Answer Them. by FatherOfJesus: 11:06am On Mar 31, 2021
MickzyDonald:
how do you mean that it can’t reach common men?
Re: Do You Have Any Question About Vaccine? I Can Answer Them. by hurryup123(m): 11:08am On Mar 31, 2021
FatherOfJesus:
Yes because common man couldn't have access to paliative. .........so the vaccine is for politicians .
The should all enjoy there vaccines with their family and friends
Re: Do You Have Any Question About Vaccine? I Can Answer Them. by MickzyDonald: 11:14am On Mar 31, 2021
FatherOfJesus:
The vaccine acquired so far by the whole AFRICA is just enough for only 1% of the total AFRICAN population, and I'm sure and certain what happened to the palliatives will also happen again,where its the top officials that will be given first then after that they will store it for their own benefits
Re: Do You Have Any Question About Vaccine? I Can Answer Them. by MickzyDonald: 11:15am On Mar 31, 2021
hurryup123:
Yes because common man couldn't have access to paliative. .........so the vaccine is for politicians .
I'm telling you it's the same thing that will also happen here again, we have greedy people ruling us
Re: Do You Have Any Question About Vaccine? I Can Answer Them. by FatherOfJesus: 11:18am On Mar 31, 2021
MickzyDonald:

The vaccine acquired so far by the whole AFRICA is just enough for only 1% of the total AFRICAN population, and I'm sure and certain what happened to the palliatives will also happen again,where its the top officials that will be given first then after that they will store it for their own benefits
Well, I’m trying to understand the link between vaccination and provision of palliatives.
Re: Do You Have Any Question About Vaccine? I Can Answer Them. by FatherOfJesus: 11:20am On Mar 31, 2021
hurryup123:
sorry ma’am, what has a W.H.O vaccination program got to do with provision of palliatives?
Re: Do You Have Any Question About Vaccine? I Can Answer Them. by waleyp(m): 11:45am On Mar 31, 2021
Are all the vaccines safe? Any side effect at all? How bout those with underlying conditions? And is it possible to select choices of vaccines to be given? Since we have different brands.... How safe is it?
Re: Do You Have Any Question About Vaccine? I Can Answer Them. by FatherOfJesus: 12:10pm On Mar 31, 2021
waleyp:
Are all the vaccines safe? Any side effect at all? How bout those with underlying conditions? And is it possible to select choices of vaccines to be given? Since we have different brands.... How safe is it?
Thanks Waleyp, vaccines are safe, we know this because they undergo rigorous preclinical and clinical studies to understand their efficacy, toxicity and side effects.

It’s impossible for any pharmaceutical product to be devoid of side effects, not even paracetamol. Do you know that some people show allergic responses to paracetamol that leads to even low blood pressure, swelling and severe itching? I don’t want to go into details but this is called idiosyncratic reaction in pharmacology, however only few of the population usually react to well researched pharmaceutical products.

It’s possible to select various vaccine however for Covid19, we only have the AstraZeneca brand available in Nigeria because its cheaper and easier to store.
Re: Do You Have Any Question About Vaccine? I Can Answer Them. by waleyp(m): 1:35pm On Mar 31, 2021
Thank you very much. At least some people would be well assured that it's safe..... But how about some stories we read about people taking the vaccines and reacting to it...... Maybe its just rumors but I guess its safe for all.. If I get more questions I will contact you.
FatherOfJesus:
Thanks Waleyp, vaccines are safe, we know this because they undergo rigorous preclinical and clinical studies to understand their efficacy, toxicity and side effects.

It’s impossible for any pharmaceutical product to be devoid of side effects, not even paracetamol. Do you know that some people show allergic responses to paracetamol that leads to even low blood pressure, swelling and severe itching? I don’t want to go into details but this is called idiosyncratic reaction in pharmacology, however only few of the population usually react to well researched pharmaceutical products.

It’s possible to select various vaccine however for Covid19, we only have the AstraZeneca brand available in Nigeria because its cheaper and easier to store.
Re: Do You Have Any Question About Vaccine? I Can Answer Them. by FatherOfJesus: 2:04pm On Mar 31, 2021
waleyp:
Thank you very much. At least some people would be well assured that it's safe..... But how about some stories we read about people taking the vaccines and reacting to it...... Maybe its just rumors but I guess its safe for all.. If I get more questions I will contact you.
Some people will react to the vaccine, that’s normal.

But you cannot say a vaccine is bad because say 100people out of 1million reacted to it. Pharmacology is about risk not outweighing benefits.
Re: Do You Have Any Question About Vaccine? I Can Answer Them. by babatunji91185: 2:18pm On Mar 31, 2021
Re: Do You Have Any Question About Vaccine? I Can Answer Them. by FatherOfJesus: 3:50pm On Mar 31, 2021
babatunji91185:
I am sure with time the vaccine will reach everyone.

This is because you cannot attain herd immunity until a good percentage of your citizens becomes immune to the virus. This is why it has to get to the common man in the street.
Re: Do You Have Any Question About Vaccine? I Can Answer Them. by efficiencie(m): 12:24am On Apr 01, 2021
Can the OP please respond to this video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBAHRgtuI4I

(1) (Reply)

Closed / Facts And Basics On Men Ejaculation / We Cure Female And Male Infertility

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.