Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,575 members, 7,958,779 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 11:58 PM

Snake Killed In My Compound Today - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Snake Killed In My Compound Today (36520 Views)

This Python Was Killed In My Compound Tonight / The Snake I Killed In My Compound (Pictured) / Pictures Of A Big Python Killed In My Compound Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Snake Killed In My Compound Today by 147ekinmogun(m): 6:05pm On Mar 31, 2021
RichDad1:
Been a while.
Finally Lala can be happy again.
It’s a non venomous snake that Feeds on mouse and lizards.
You are very correct sir.Its called garter snake

1 Like

Re: Snake Killed In My Compound Today by Teenaira: 6:05pm On Mar 31, 2021
PBeni:
Hello good day fam. The snake you see in the picture was killed today near my compound. Some people were clearing their land close to my house all of a sudden they ran into the compound chasing this snake and finally killed it.
I asked and they said the snake is venomous. I just thank God they got it on time before it had the chance to settle in the compound. It's about 1.2 meters long, can anyone identify the snake?

Uncle Lala we need more people to identify this snake, front page pls.. cheesy

Can you please cut off the head. Any snake with its head is almost a living snake and could deliver a last bite that could kill almost instantly.
Re: Snake Killed In My Compound Today by PBeni(m): 6:11pm On Mar 31, 2021
Teenaira:

Can you please cut off the head. Any snake with its head is almost a living snake and could deliver a last bite that could kill almost instantly.

They already did that, I didn't want to add that picture though
Re: Snake Killed In My Compound Today by PBeni(m): 6:12pm On Mar 31, 2021
smile11s:
Looks like the snake is doing some Islamic religious inscriptions. Please be careful before they burn you alive for blasphemy

Really? shocked
Re: Snake Killed In My Compound Today by PBeni(m): 6:13pm On Mar 31, 2021
Balistic4:
Please no posting of snakes that are less than 2kg in weight on this platform.

I was chilling with lala when he got the reptile alert and rushed to perform the ritual, you need to see the disappointment in his face when he came back

Man that snake is thick, the picture didn't do justice to it's size.

1 Like

Re: Snake Killed In My Compound Today by oluwazoba25: 6:14pm On Mar 31, 2021
This is african forest cobra, the second bigest cobra after king cobra in asia.
Re: Snake Killed In My Compound Today by PBeni(m): 6:14pm On Mar 31, 2021
driand:

Ndi ARA (Animal rights Association) are coming for you...

Niggaar RUN!

grin We dey here
Re: Snake Killed In My Compound Today by yormieK(m): 6:16pm On Mar 31, 2021
We need this couple in this part of the world!

Re: Snake Killed In My Compound Today by PBeni(m): 6:17pm On Mar 31, 2021
wunmi590:

OP, this your story wouldn’t complete without showing us how you cooked it and eat

Holy ghost fire!!! grin
Re: Snake Killed In My Compound Today by PBeni(m): 6:18pm On Mar 31, 2021
Steady259:
E long o

Yes man. It's about 1.2 meters from my rough estimate, it could be longer than that but I didn't have the mind to check up close smiley
Re: Snake Killed In My Compound Today by PBeni(m): 6:19pm On Mar 31, 2021
Simeonjoe1:
Op can you take a closer shot of the head. It's hard to identify from the uploaded pictures

Man they already cut it of and burnt the darn snake
Re: Snake Killed In My Compound Today by wunmi590(m): 6:19pm On Mar 31, 2021
PBeni:

Holy ghost fire!!! grin

Lol cheesy
Re: Snake Killed In My Compound Today by PBeni(m): 6:23pm On Mar 31, 2021
onuman:

Where on earth is your compound? Knowledge of that may help to identify the snake.

Well, to my left and right are empty lands with relatively small bushes, but of course you can't rule out the possibility of snakes inhabiting those lands...
Re: Snake Killed In My Compound Today by T0BY(m): 6:32pm On Mar 31, 2021
That should be black mamba. Very venomous
Re: Snake Killed In My Compound Today by Abujaexpress: 6:40pm On Mar 31, 2021
PBeni:
Hello good day fam. The snake you see in the picture was killed today near my compound. Some people were clearing their land close to my house all of a sudden they ran into the compound chasing this snake and finally killed it.
I asked and they said the snake is venomous. I just thank God they got it on time before it had the chance to settle in the compound. It's about 1.2 meters long, can anyone identify the snake?

Uncle Lala we need more people to identify this snake, front page pls.. cheesy
Why is this snake so commonly found in homes/houses?
Re: Snake Killed In My Compound Today by Skepticus: 6:58pm On Mar 31, 2021
doubleZ88:

how did u come to dat conclusion??.

so wats d name of dis snake then?

MansoryMX is right. There are no black mambas in West Africa. It's called black mamba because of its dark inner mouth.

That's probably a west african forest cobra. It's not a spitter. The ones with red underbelly are spitters.
Re: Snake Killed In My Compound Today by Skepticus: 6:59pm On Mar 31, 2021
MansoryMX:

I know a lot of snake so well. Especially venomous snake because I watch a lot snake documentary in Natgeo wild. Especially one popular show known as “Snake in the city”. Op smashed that snake beyond recognition but one thing is sure, that is not a venomous snake, you can tell from the shape of its head cheesy

It could also be a big house rat snake or one of 'em garter snakes. There are tons of them with various colours.
Re: Snake Killed In My Compound Today by Nobody: 7:21pm On Mar 31, 2021
These is called lalastic in a pepper soup pot
Re: Snake Killed In My Compound Today by explosiveskull(m): 7:30pm On Mar 31, 2021
Ordinary nonvenomous garden snake gone cos of africanis ignoramuses of snakes.
No indigenous cobra dares live around humans.
Re: Snake Killed In My Compound Today by goddons50: 8:01pm On Mar 31, 2021
What a butcher.....bokoharam is looking to recruit the killer....D snake was killed in a bokoharamlistic way.
Re: Snake Killed In My Compound Today by WibusJaga: 8:04pm On Mar 31, 2021
Balistic4:
Please no posting of snakes that are less than 2kg in weight on this platform.

I was chilling with lala when he got the reptile alert and rushed to perform the ritual, you need to see the disappointment in his face when he came back

Funny dude grin
Re: Snake Killed In My Compound Today by Moz22: 8:58pm On Mar 31, 2021
Harmless and non venomous... it will just kill u, not like u will die anyway
Re: Snake Killed In My Compound Today by Dreamchaser2424(m): 9:06pm On Mar 31, 2021
Lala ooooooh
Re: Snake Killed In My Compound Today by akinlolu26624: 9:14pm On Mar 31, 2021
We need this couple in this part of the world!
Re: Snake Killed In My Compound Today by doubleZ88(m): 9:16pm On Mar 31, 2021
MansoryMX:

I know a lot of snake so well. Especially venomous snake because I watch a lot snake documentary in Natgeo wild. Especially one popular show known as “Snake in the city”. Op smashed that snake beyond recognition but one thing is sure, that is not a venomous snake, you can tell from the shape of its head cheesy

pls tell me more.
Re: Snake Killed In My Compound Today by PBeni(m): 10:05pm On Mar 31, 2021
Abujaexpress:
Why is this snake so commonly found in homes/houses?

No idea man. I think some called it bush snake or something here.
Re: Snake Killed In My Compound Today by 5Gbabe: 10:41pm On Mar 31, 2021
this snake Will not forgive his killers no why u people killed her like say she still una phone
Re: Snake Killed In My Compound Today by ussv: 3:17am On Apr 01, 2021
This one is hungry snake o lol . The snake no chop belle full o
Re: Snake Killed In My Compound Today by Artisticity1: 11:41am On Apr 01, 2021
who is lalasticlala

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2015 Nigeria Elections In Maps / Photo: World Fattest Woman With Husband. / Accident Involving Iyare Motors & A Highlander On Benin Igbobazuwa Way: Graphic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.