Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,823 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:22 AM

Is God Against Tattoos On Our Skin? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is God Against Tattoos On Our Skin? (1423 Views)

Getting Tattoos On The Body Is Not A Sin / What I Think About Tattoos – Apostle Suleman / The Wrath Of God Against EDINBURGH / Scotland In UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is God Against Tattoos On Our Skin? by Nobody: 6:24pm On Mar 31, 2021
A tattoo is a form of body modificationwhere a design is made by inserting ink, dyes, and/or pigments, either indelible or temporary, into the dermis layer of the skin. The art of making tattoos is tattooing.

now my question is,
is God against tattoos?
because the rate in which people draw tattoos is much. Some people are drawing tattoos on their skin for different reasons.
some people use to say that God doesn't judge us by our body but by our heart and soul..
yeah I know that some good men and women draw tattoos on their skin.

Re: Is God Against Tattoos On Our Skin? by Kobojunkie: 6:27pm On Mar 31, 2021
lucky999:
A tattoo is a form of body modificationwhere a design is made by inserting ink, dyes, and/or pigments, either indelible or temporary, into the dermis layer of the skin. The art of making tattoos is tattooing.

now my question is,
is God against tattoo?
because the rate in which people draw tattoo is much. Some people are drawing tattoos on their skin for different reasons.
some people use to say that God doesn't judge us by our body but by our heart and soul..
yeah I know that some good men and women draw tattoo on their skin.
God is not against your tattoos! undecided
Go and tattoo away!
Re: Is God Against Tattoos On Our Skin? by harmargedon: 6:53pm On Mar 31, 2021
If you can tell me who God is then I'll answer your question.
Re: Is God Against Tattoos On Our Skin? by Nobody: 7:08pm On Mar 31, 2021
harmargedon:
If you can tell me who God is then I'll answer your question.

Are you an atheist?
Re: Is God Against Tattoos On Our Skin? by Dtruthspeaker: 7:22pm On Mar 31, 2021
lucky999:

now my question is,
is God against tattoos?
because the rate in which people draw tattoos is much. Some people are drawing tattoos on their skin for different reasons.

Yes! Just as your car, phone or Tv can not paint themselves without your permission, so also can you not do anything which your creator has prohibited you from doing.

Your Creator Always Owns You and you commit an Offence Against Him when you Disobey Him!

It is not your fellow creation who you offend just as the painting of 1 Corolla is Independent from another Corrollas factory colour.

1 Like

Re: Is God Against Tattoos On Our Skin? by Dtruthspeaker: 7:26pm On Mar 31, 2021
Kobojunkie:
God is not against your tattoos! undecided
Go and tattoo away!

He is!

Because, A Creator Always has Powerful Rights over and Above His creations and He Dictates how they shall be Rightly Used.

And God prohibited the putting on of it. And Remembering that you are "A Keep the Commandments" guy, the Commandments prohibits it, in the same place He said, ye shall not steal or turn your daughters to be prostitutes!

If Stealing and Prostitution are upheld, so therefore, tattooing must be upheld!

The Law is One, They Stand Together or They Fall together!

1 Like

Re: Is God Against Tattoos On Our Skin? by truespeak: 7:30pm On Mar 31, 2021
lucky999:

now my question is,
is God against tattoos?

Leviticus 19:28 answers you already!

Ye shall not ...nor print any marks upon you: I am the LORD!

2 Likes

Re: Is God Against Tattoos On Our Skin? by budaatum: 7:31pm On Mar 31, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

He is!

Because, A Creator Always has Powerful Rights over His creations and He Dictates how they shall be Rightly Used.

And God did prohibit it. And Remembering that you are "A Keep the Commandments" guy, the Commandments prohibits it, in the same way that incest and homosexuality is prohibited!

You must have missed the day God recognised that humans have the most powerful right of freewill which I doubt you give to "your car, phone or Tv".

1 Like

Re: Is God Against Tattoos On Our Skin? by Kobojunkie: 7:38pm On Mar 31, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

He is!
Because, A Creator Always has Powerful Rights over and Above His creations and He Dictates how they shall be Rightly Used.
And God prohibited the putting on of it. And Remembering that you are "A Keep the Commandments" guy, the Commandments prohibits it, in the same place He said, ye shall not steal or turn your daughters to be prostitutes!
If Stealing and Prostitution are upheld, so therefore, tattooing must be upheld!
The Law is One, They Stand Together or They Fall together!
You do realize that what you have done here is ramble on meaninglessly. What has prostitution and stealing to do with tattooing of one's skin? undecided

If you believe that God did indeed declare tattooing your skin a sin, show it, else move on.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is God Against Tattoos On Our Skin? by truespeak: 7:38pm On Mar 31, 2021
budaatum:

You must have missed the day God recognised that humans have the most powerful right of freewill which I doubt you give to "your car, phone or Tv".

Your freewill stops where your Creator's Will begins!

And as we say in Law, where your law (freewill) is contrary to the Superior Law (of your Creator), the Superior Law Supercedes and Quashes yours!

Thus being quashed, you have no defence!

1 Like

Re: Is God Against Tattoos On Our Skin? by Dtruthspeaker: 7:39pm On Mar 31, 2021
budaatum:

As I told you before ALL, RIGHTS ARE PERMISSIONS OR ALLOWANCES GIVEN BY CREATORS to their lesser things!

And where you have Permissions and Allowances, You Also Have impermissions and unallowances.

And where you have both permissibles.and impermissibles, THERE YOU HAVE LAW!

The Gift of Freewill is within Powerable limits eg you do not have the freewill to fly as a bird or swim as a fish.

Whilst you have the freewill to stand, sit, crawl or lie down. But you do not have the freewill to stand on the air!

1 Like

Re: Is God Against Tattoos On Our Skin? by Kobojunkie: 7:40pm On Mar 31, 2021
truespeak:

Leviticus 19:28 answers you already!

Ye shall not ...nor print any marks upon you: I am the LORD!
The Old Covenant laws were given to those who are descended of the blood of Jacob(and those who live in the land of Canaan with them) of which the OP is not. undecided

The New Covenant, Jesus Christ, is instead where you should look for the definition of sin as one who claims to believe in Jesus Christ. undecided

1 Like

Re: Is God Against Tattoos On Our Skin? by budaatum: 7:42pm On Mar 31, 2021
truespeak:

Your freewill stops where your Creator's Will begins!

And as we say in Law, where your law (freewill) is contrary to the Superior Law(of your Creator), the Superior Law Supercedes and Quashes yours!

Thus being quashed, you have no defence!

I think you fail to recognise the freewill to break laws and bear the consequences.

Its not as if some Creator is standing there ready to send lightening to light up your ass as soon as you begin tatooing. Or is there?

1 Like

Re: Is God Against Tattoos On Our Skin? by budaatum: 7:44pm On Mar 31, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

The Gift of Freewill is within Powerable limits eg you do not have the freewill to fly as a bird or swim as a fish.

I was not aware the thread was about "fly as a bird or swim as a fish" and thought it was about tatoos on a body. Forgive me.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/9694808_70716146464977similarlytothefilmprettywomanthe30yearoldsaidshehasm691544284060655_jpegb52ace19e69758d4e3e661e687382f5b

1 Like

Re: Is God Against Tattoos On Our Skin? by Dtruthspeaker: 7:47pm On Mar 31, 2021
Kobojunkie:
You do realize that what you have done here is ramble on meaninglessly. What has prostitution and stealing to do with tattooing of one's skin? undecided

If you believe that God did indeed declare tattooing your skin a sin, show it, else move on.

Leviticus 19 contains the List of Prohibited Activities that a man can do but God Hates them eg Keep the Sabbath, No idols, No Lying and Falsehood, No Stealing, No Defrauding, NO PRINTINGS OF ANY MARK (TATTOOS), No Prostituting! Etc

2 Likes

Re: Is God Against Tattoos On Our Skin? by Kobojunkie: 7:49pm On Mar 31, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:
Leviticus 19 contains the List of Prohibited Activities that a man can do but God Hates them eg Keep the Sabbath, No idols, No Lying and Falsehood, No Stealing, No Defrauding, NO MARKING OR PAINTING OR CUTTING (TATTOOS), No Prostituting! Etc
Again with more of the same ramblings - what has prostitution, stealing, sabbath, to do with tattooing of the skin. And what has Leviticus to do with Christians? undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is God Against Tattoos On Our Skin? by Dtruthspeaker: 8:00pm On Mar 31, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Again with more of the same ramblings - what has prostitution, stealing, sabbath, to do with tattooing of the skin. And what has Leviticus to do with Christians? undecided

CHRIST Taught The Law!

True Followers and Lovers of Christ know To Keep The Commandments AS HE EXPRESSLY DIRECTLY AND CLEARLY SAID AND COMMANDED!

"IF YOU LOVE ME, KEEP MY COMMANDMENTS"

And If Christ is God Come to earth, as we know, is He not The Same One Who Gave Moses His Commandments?

As I Had Challenged your other fellows of "New Testament" RAISE ANY TEACHING OF CHRIST (since you guys rely on it) and I WILL SHOW YOU ITS EQUIVALENT PRONOUNCEMENT OF LAW IN THE COMMANDMENTS!

I CHALLENGE YOU, IF YOU CAN!

1 Like

Re: Is God Against Tattoos On Our Skin? by Kobojunkie: 8:02pm On Mar 31, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:
CHRIST Taught The Law!
True Followers and Lovers of Christ know To Keep The Commandments AS HE EXPRESSLY DIRECTLY AND CLEARLY SAID AND COMMANDED!
"IF YOU LOVE ME, KEEP MY COMMANDMENTS"
And If Christ is God Come to earth, as we know, is He not The Same One Who Gave Moses His Commandments?
As I Had Challenged your other fellows of "New Testament" RAISE ANY TEACHING OF CHRIST (since you guys rely on it) and I WILL SHOW YOU ITS EQUIVALENT PRONOUNCEMENT OF LAW IN THE COMMANDMENTS!
I CHALLENGE YOU, IF YOU CAN!
Again quit with the meaningless ramblings. undecided

https://www.nairaland.com/6456638/not-under-laws-expected-obey

1 Like

Re: Is God Against Tattoos On Our Skin? by budaatum: 8:07pm On Mar 31, 2021
lucky999:

God doesn't judge us by our body but by our heart and soul..

That God would need to be petty if painting the body matters more than painting the heart and the soul.

1 Like

Re: Is God Against Tattoos On Our Skin? by truespeak: 8:10pm On Mar 31, 2021
budaatum:

I think you fail to recognise the freewill to break laws and bear the consequences.

Its not as if some Creator is standing there ready to send lightening to light up your ass as soon as you begin tatooing. Or is there?

Cheeky cheeky, cheesy did you not respond in reaction to Dtruthspeakers statement that God Prohibits tattoo, that we have freewill meaning permissions to do as we please in this case tattoo your body?

For that is the topic at hand!

To which I have answered that yes you do have permission (freewill) but only to the extent allowed by your Creator!

Now you bring in freewill to break laws and consequences which is not the issue at hand!

Thus I have answered you!

1 Like

Re: Is God Against Tattoos On Our Skin? by Dtruthspeaker: 8:11pm On Mar 31, 2021
budaatum:

I was not aware the thread was about "fly as a bird or swim as a fish" and thought it was about tatoos on a body. Forgive me.

Liar! And your former dishonesty is back. You were very aware that this discussion is about tattoo but because of my answer to the Op you chose to counter it by raising the defence of freewill.

But now I have shot it to shreds, and you had no valid counter, you now attempted to make it look like I was off topic, WHEREAS, IT IS YOU WHOSE DEFENCE HAS FALLEN AND CAN NOT STAND AS YOU NOW ADMITTED BY SNEAKILY SEEKING TO CHANGE THE FLOW OF YOUR NOW SEEN FAILURE!!!

1 Like

Re: Is God Against Tattoos On Our Skin? by Dtruthspeaker: 8:17pm On Mar 31, 2021
budaatum:

That God would need to be petty if painting the body matters more than painting the heart and the soul.

It is still the same matter of the heart for Will-Full Disobedience is the Offence and All wllls come from "the heart and it is the soul that implements it"

Hence, as you have admitted, it is within the Jurisdiction of Measurement since it is an Issue of the heart and soul as you Truly Said!

1 Like

Re: Is God Against Tattoos On Our Skin? by budaatum: 8:18pm On Mar 31, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Liar! And your former dishonesty is back. You were very aware that this discussion is about tattoo but because of my answer to the Op you chose to counter it by raising the defence of freewill.

But now I have shot it to shreds, and you had no valid counter, you now attempted to make it look like I was off topic, WHEREAS, IT IS YOU WHOSE DEFENCE HAS FALLEN AND CAN NOT STAND AS YOU NOW ADMITTED BY SNEAKILY SEEKING TO CHANGE THE FLOW OF YOUR NOW SEEN FAILURE!!!

Is it not your point that I don't have the freewill to paint my body if I want to, or are you just pained that my creators relationship to me is not the same as you have to "your car, phone or Tv"?

1 Like

Re: Is God Against Tattoos On Our Skin? by truespeak: 8:18pm On Mar 31, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

@ The bolded, it is. He just did it to me too!

1 Like

Re: Is God Against Tattoos On Our Skin? by budaatum: 8:21pm On Mar 31, 2021
truespeak:

To which I have answered that yes you do have permission (freewill) but only to the extent allowed by your Creator!

Now you bring in freewill to break laws and consequences which is not the issue at hand!
I think I get you. Freewill, for you, stops where breaking laws is concerned and you can't recognise the freewill with which some break laws?

I repeat! Does God hold you back when you begin tatooing yourself or do you just not understand what freewill is?

1 Like

Re: Is God Against Tattoos On Our Skin? by budaatum: 8:24pm On Mar 31, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

It is still the same matter of the heart for Will-Full Disobedience is the Offence and All wllls come from "the heart and it is the soul that implements it"

Hence, as you have admitted, it is within the Jurisdiction of Measurement since it is an Issue of the heart and soul as you Truly Said!

I can see why Kobojunkie advises you to "quit with the meaningless ramblings. undecided"

1 Like

Re: Is God Against Tattoos On Our Skin? by Dtruthspeaker: 8:30pm On Mar 31, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Again quit with the meaningless ramblings. undecided

If you can offer a valid rebuttal, REBUT MY ANSWER!

I know you are a very obstinate person who increases in stubbornness just because you are told are wrong, and rather than present any reasonable and valid counter in opposition as you normally do in other cases, you impliedly insult me while repeating the same thing which I have countered

I can not and will never compell you or anyone to accept my presentation but I will reasonably oppose and challenge every doctrine which is Not True, FOR TRUTH ALWAYS STANDS THE FIRE OF EXAMINATION AND IN FACT, IT GETS STRONGER WITH EACH ATTACK!

so I am aware of that thread but I am also aware of the kind of person you can be.

1 Like

Re: Is God Against Tattoos On Our Skin? by Dtruthspeaker: 8:34pm On Mar 31, 2021
budaatum:

I can see why Kobojunkie advises you to "quit with the meaningless ramblings. undecided"

Shall fire be friends with water or shall a thief assist a policeman? We can see why you MUST allign with him!

1 Like

Re: Is God Against Tattoos On Our Skin? by Dtruthspeaker: 8:36pm On Mar 31, 2021
truespeak:

@ The bolded, it is. He just did it to me too!

That means his former Lying and Cobra Self has returned!

1 Like

Re: Is God Against Tattoos On Our Skin? by Kobojunkie: 8:38pm On Mar 31, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:
If you can offer a valid rebuttal, REBUT MY ANSWER!
I know you are a very obstinate person who increases in stubbornness just because you are told are wrong, and rather than present any reasonable and valid counter in opposition as you normally do in other cases, you impliedly insult me while repeating the same thing which I have countered
I can not and will never compell you or anyone to accept my presentation but I will reasonably oppose and challenge every doctrine which is Not True, FOR TRUTH ALWAYS STANDS THE FIRE OF EXAMINATION AND IN FACT, IT GETS STRONGER WITH EACH ATTACK!
so I am aware of that thread but I am also aware of the kind of person you can be.
Again... If you do not have a meaningful rebuttal to post, go ahead. Just don't pretend we are forced to engage you when you do nothing but ramble on and on. undecided

We have already sorted through the difference between the Old and New Covenants on another thread for you to then come here, pretending you have no clue at all. That is why I provided you a link so you go refresh your mind there instead. undecided

As I made it clear in my response, God has declared no rules against body inking as far as followers of Jesus Christ are concerned. If you have evidence that shows that Jesus Christ did indeed command against it, post exactly this as your evidence, or move on. undecided

1 Like

Re: Is God Against Tattoos On Our Skin? by truespeak: 8:38pm On Mar 31, 2021
budaatum:

I think I get you. Freewill, for you, stops where breaking laws is concerned and you can't recognise the freewill with which some break laws?

I repeat! Does God hold you back when you begin tatooing yourself or do you just not understand what freewill is?

You verily got me the first time so your trying to twist my words is pitiful!

I hate cunning and deceitfulness, and I do not engage in such!

Honest discussions yield great fruit to both sides for we either teach or we are taught!

Which is profitable to both parties involved and I care for profit!

This here is not so, thus i cease from speaking!

1 Like

Re: Is God Against Tattoos On Our Skin? by truespeak: 8:39pm On Mar 31, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

That means his former Lying and Cobra Self has returned!

Yes it has o, in full display!

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Satguru Maharajji Message To Igbos / Every Word of God is Law and Commandment! / Hardmirror just had a beautiful set of Twins!!! Wife Is a nairander Too. Lol

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.