Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,313 members, 7,836,356 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:11 AM

UNILAG Gifts Students 5 Mb For Online Examinations. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNILAG Gifts Students 5 Mb For Online Examinations. (1005 Views)

Sanwo-Olu Gives LASU's Best Bsc And Msc Students 5 Million Naira Each / Website Platform To Create Online Examinations And Tests For Various Purposes / Create Online Examinations, Tests, Assessment And Quizzes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

UNILAG Gifts Students 5 Mb For Online Examinations. by Nobody: 8:13pm On Mar 31, 2021
PS: I got this from a reliable source which I wouldn't wish to disclose.

On 7th March 2021, a spreadsheet was passed around to Unilag students. The students were to fill in their names, their phone numbers and their network providers.

It was said that students who put down their names would get free data from the school to help reduce data cost during the online examinations.

Many students were happy and earnestly expected it but then, the exams began and nobody saw a thing...

Till today...

Students (some so far) got a message from Unilag that they had been gifted 5 mb from the school to help with the online examinations.

At first the whole thing appeared ludicrous (and actually it is) but on second thoughts, if one should consider the number of students involved, one might understand the angle Unilag is coming from.

What do you think? Couldn't Unilag have sent something more?

These are the pics I could get for now...

Re: UNILAG Gifts Students 5 Mb For Online Examinations. by MickzyDonald: 8:16pm On Mar 31, 2021
oloriburuku set of people grin , 5mb that can load a picture sef talkless of entering an exam hall, it shall not be better for them if the story is true
Re: UNILAG Gifts Students 5 Mb For Online Examinations. by lilvicky68(m): 8:17pm On Mar 31, 2021
5mb wey no fit download picture self..nawa oh
Re: UNILAG Gifts Students 5 Mb For Online Examinations. by sofeo(m): 8:20pm On Mar 31, 2021
They meant 500MB or 5gb that. It's purely a mistake.... Like, they can't be that stupid and funny.

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Gifts Students 5 Mb For Online Examinations. by LeeSantos(m): 8:22pm On Mar 31, 2021
embezzlement at work.
my school installed a free wi-fi in some areas around campus, but it few. and the computer library was free for all with unlimited data. I once use a system only to check the download and found some game file of 400GB, 1TB and some 200GB. some even bring their laptop to update system files and apps like antivirus.

The school can really afford to give every of her students even the ones that haven't gained admission 500MB each. If you know how much schools generated you will even say 500mb is cheap. some wealthy individuals also donated to schools too.

but what can we say!. corruption has eaten deep in every system of this country.

I guess they might have allocated some huge funds to some individuals and then half of it is gone into thin air.

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Gifts Students 5 Mb For Online Examinations. by Nobody: 8:33pm On Mar 31, 2021
MickzyDonald:
oloriburuku set of people grin , 5mb that can load a picture sef talkless of entering an exam hall, it shall not be better for them if the story is true

Aswearrugod!
Re: UNILAG Gifts Students 5 Mb For Online Examinations. by Nobody: 8:33pm On Mar 31, 2021
lilvicky68:
5mb wey no fit download picture self..nawa oh

E shock me o
Re: UNILAG Gifts Students 5 Mb For Online Examinations. by Nobody: 8:35pm On Mar 31, 2021
sofeo:
They meant 500MB or 5gb that. It's purely a mistake.... Like, they can't be that stupid and funny.

It's unilag...
This is Nigeria...
Naija actually...
So they can...
Re: UNILAG Gifts Students 5 Mb For Online Examinations. by Enoch07: 8:36pm On Mar 31, 2021
palliative for the down trodden!!!

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Gifts Students 5 Mb For Online Examinations. by Nobody: 8:37pm On Mar 31, 2021
LeeSantos:
embezzlement at work.
my school installed a free wi-fi in some areas around campus, but it few. and the computer library was free for all with unlimited data. I once use a system only to check the download and found some game file of 400GB, 1TB and some 200GB. some even bring their laptop to update system files and apps like antivirus.

The school can really afford to give every of her students even the ones that haven't gained admission 500MB each. If you know how much schools generated you will even say 500mb is cheap. some wealthy individuals also donated to schools too.

but what can we say!. corruption has eaten deep in every system of this country.

I guess they might have allocated some huge funds to some individuals and then half of it is gone into thin air.

Those individuals should have sense now... The students ain't dumb and this isn't 19 something...
If they want to pocket some money, they should do it with sense na
Re: UNILAG Gifts Students 5 Mb For Online Examinations. by Nobody: 9:15pm On Mar 31, 2021
deni2002:
PS: I got this from a reliable source which I wouldn't wish to disclose.

On 7th March 2021, a spreadsheet was passed around to Unilag students. The students were to fill in their names, their phone numbers and their network providers.

It was said that students who put down their names would get free data from the school to help reduce data cost during the online examinations.

Many students were happy and earnestly expected it but then, the exams began and nobody saw a thing...

Till today...

Students (some so far) got a message from Unilag that they had been gifted 5 mb from the school to help with the online examinations.

At first the whole thing appeared ludicrous (and actually it is) but on second thoughts, if one should consider the number of students involved, one might understand the angle Unilag is coming from.

What do you think? Couldn't Unilag have sent something more?

These are the pics I could get for now...

I heard the DSA had this to say...

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Gifts Students 5 Mb For Online Examinations. by Iceyjayz: 10:01pm On Mar 31, 2021
cheesycheesy
Re: UNILAG Gifts Students 5 Mb For Online Examinations. by Sandydayziz(f): 10:09pm On Mar 31, 2021
Problem nor dey finish grin

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Gifts Students 5 Mb For Online Examinations. by Nobody: 11:21pm On Mar 31, 2021
Problem nor dey finish grin
Meanwhile, i'm a proffessional cuddler.

Just a dm away.

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Gifts Students 5 Mb For Online Examinations. by Harrykn: 12:53am On Apr 01, 2021
5mb
It’s okay, Who knows if our daddy dey own mtn.
Re: UNILAG Gifts Students 5 Mb For Online Examinations. by femi4: 8:54am On Apr 01, 2021
5mb or 5 GB
Re: UNILAG Gifts Students 5 Mb For Online Examinations. by Nobody: 11:40am On Apr 01, 2021
femi4:
5mb or 5 GB

Mb though their DSA said it was supposed to be GB
Re: UNILAG Gifts Students 5 Mb For Online Examinations. by edoairways: 6:10pm On Apr 01, 2021
deni2002:

I heard the DSA had this to say...
You don't mean it ��

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Where To Find Adult Education In Lagos? / Where The Unilag Students At? / Unity School Alumnis: Which Unity School Did You Attend?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.