Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,369 members, 7,868,085 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 10:30 AM

Experience Counts, Selfless Is A Natural Virtue: Hon. (barr.) Abayomi Sheba - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Experience Counts, Selfless Is A Natural Virtue: Hon. (barr.) Abayomi Sheba (172 Views)

Hon. Abayomi Sheba Esq Urges Nigerian Citizens Involvement In Politics. / Oshiomhole Once Wanted Building Named After Obaseki For ‘selfless Service’ / Jonathan Remembers Yar'adua 10 Years After. Says He Was 'Selfless' & 'Modest' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Experience Counts, Selfless Is A Natural Virtue: Hon. (barr.) Abayomi Sheba by Prinbabie(f): 9:11am On Apr 01, 2021
EXPERIENCE COUNTS, SELFLESS IS A NATURAL VIRTUE: HON. (BARR.) ABAYOMI SHEBA.

BY PRINCESS EIGBOKHAN ORIH.
Eagle Hedge News

Greatness and the ability to become great in life resides in every human who takes the responsibility to exercise certain qualities and characters which is worthy of emulation through significant impact in any given society. In other words greatness is not limited to age, status and gender.

Great people are scattered all over the globe. Great minds are a visionary leader who knows how to turn unproductive situations into productivity. Who is good at raising champions and building confidence and trust through their way of life.

In my search for great leaders, as a result of the recent outcry by the “SORO SOKE GENERATION” for selfless leadership I came across a great philanthropist and a political leader from Ode-Irele, in Irele Local Government Area of Ondo state south west Nigeria.
An Experienced and selfless politician whose name reminds us of the smiles he placed on the faces of over 300 vulnerable women and families at Okitipupa/lrele Federal Constituency in Ondo state during the covid 19 lockdown and countless number of persons he has given hope to.

A man whose sense of empathy endears to the hearts of his people who constantly call to pray for him and thank him for the help he rendered. A man who understands the value of human life and seeks to constantly invest in human development and human capacity building.
His philanthropic assistance ranges from paying of school fees for the less privileged, providing job opportunities for the youths, provision of empowerment for the people, to financial assistances for needs such as medical bills.

As I sat down in wait for him; so as to ask him a few question about his journey in life, I noticed the consistency at which his phone kept ringing. I realized the urgency at which he picks these calls, the celestial charisma at which he attends to each person who called, his happiness when truly he could be of help and the sadness that is expressed on his face when he is unable to help.

Like he says to me when he apologizes “please excuse me; let me pick this call it is from my people at home please it might be urgent”. What a heart of meekness I must say.

At This moment I, drift and ponder on the Nigerian state with all its complex problems ranging from hunger, unemployment, lack of quality healthcare, dilapidated educational system, corruption, insecurity, tribalism, and so on.

Imagine if we had visionary leaders just like this great philanthropist working effortlessly towards improving our lives and livelihood.

Now imagine one man, who is not holding any political appointment either in House of Representatives or in the Senate responding to the needs of his people. Then it occurred to me that selflessness is a natural virtue to this great person

Just like every other community in Nigeria, the people of Okitipupa / lrele Federal Constituency have also yearned for quality leadership, accountability, developmental policies, good governance and so much more.

All these qualities are achieved when an individual is tested and has proven to have experience; after all, Experience they say is the “best teacher”.

In Okitipupa / lrele Federal Constituency where various leaders has emerged and shown the extent of their professionalism; one leader stands out and fits the epitome and embodiment of greatness, quality leadership, accountability, tested, experienced and selfless. I can say this for sure because, the standard he has raised towards giving back to the society is beyond the bar in our today politics. Let me unveil the identity of the man whose humanitarian integrity has given hope to the hopeless and gladness to the sadden heart.

Hon. (Barr.) Abayomi Sheba a Legal Practitioner, Administrator and a philanthropist well tested, trusted and also a selfless Politician, from Ode-Irele, in Irele Local Government Area of Ondo State, south west Nigeria is definitely the topic of this article.

Hon. (Barr.) Abayomi Sheba was a Former Member Federal House of Representatives representing Okitipupa/lrele Federal Constituency and former Chairman, House of Representatives Committee on Poverty Alleviation and Community Development and a former Member of the Presidential National Core Team that drafted Nigeria’s Poverty Reduction Strategy Papers (PRSP). Former Director Representing Ondo State on the Board of Nigeria Wire and Cable Plc.

Hon. (Barr.) Abayomi Sheba’s political Experience opened more corridors for his political success which makes him qualified to carry out different assignments based on his wealth of experience. He was also the former head Ondo State Government Liaison Office Abuja and Senior Special Assistant to Governor Olusegun Agagu. Former Federal Commissioner, Representing Ondo State on the Board of Federal Character Commission, Former head of strategic Operational Committee on Environment and Petroleum Resources and a former AG. Executive Chairman of the Federal Character Commission.

Hon. (Barr.) Abayomi Sheba has proven to be a leader with wealth of experience.

His philanthropic nature only means one thing to me; “Greatness is not a destination it is a continuous journey that never ends”.

For your advert placement call:
(+234)09012543471,
(+234)09011708783

Whatsapp:
(+234)09012543471, (+234)09011708783,

Email: eaglehedge16@gmail.com

EAGLE HEDGE MULTI MEDIA COMPANY
All rights dey reserved. This material and any other digital content wey dey for this platform make you no reproduced, published, broadcast, rewrite or distribute in full or in part, without di permission of
EAGLE HEDGE MULTI MEDIA COMPANY.

FOR YOUR ADVERT PLACEMENT CONTACT US

Copyright © eagle hedge online - A Product of Eagle Hedge MultiMedia Company Limited

(1) (Reply)

NIGERIA Problems Of Today / Why We Should Support Network For Defence Of Democracy And Good Governance / Destabilize The Nation With Insecurities, Then

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.