Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,548 members, 7,819,944 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:12 AM

Pastor Chris Fined In The UK For Coronavirus Lies - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pastor Chris Fined In The UK For Coronavirus Lies (262 Views)

.....TESTS POSITIVE FOR CORONAVIRUS! / 5 Greatest Lies In Nigeria! / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome's Daughter Just Got Engaged (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pastor Chris Fined In The UK For Coronavirus Lies by Nobody: 10:25am On Apr 01, 2021
Loveworld Television Network was found to have made the violation back in January after a 29-hour show titled The Global Day of Prayer featured sermons with “potentially harmful” claims about Covid-19 – including that the virus was “planned” and created by the “deep state”, and vaccines were a “sinister” means of administering “nanochips” to control people.

Ofcom had already ordered Loveworld not to repeat the programme and to broadcast a summary of its decision three times in a day, but has now issued the fine after concluding the breaches were “serious, repeated and reckless”.

It marks the second time in a year that the regulator has ruled against Loveworld Limited for unsubstantiated claims made about Covid-19 on air.

In April 2020, Loveworld broadcast false claims that the cause of coronavirus was linked to the rollout of 5G technology.

During one of the network’s news programmes, a presenter claimed the bogus link represented “the largest global cover-up in history”, and continued: “This is not coronavirus, but cell poisoning. Remember 5G started in China. Wuhan is one of the provinces where 5G has been rolled out.”

Loveworld was made to explain on air how it was found to have broken the rules, but no further action was taken against the channel in that case.

Ofcom later said the Christian network had promised to review all its broadcasts to avoid repetition of the 5G conspiracy, use a time-delay so live programmes could be edited and educate staff on compliance with Ofcom’s code.

In its ruling on Wednesday, Ofcom stressed that legitimate debate was “fundamental to holding public authorities to account” during global crises such as the pandemic, but said the “inaccurate and potentially harmful claims” made during The Global Day of Prayer show could not go unpunished because they were “unsupported by any factual evidence and went entirely without challenge”.

The regulator also said it was particularly concerned that the repeat breach came after Loveworld had pledged to improve compliance.

A statement from Ofcom, separate to the decision report, said: “Loveworld’s failure to put these unsubstantiated statements into context risked serious harm to its audience.

“They had the potential to undermine confidence in public health measures put in place to tackle Covid-19 – at a time when cases, hospital admissions and deaths were rising in the UK, and when people were looking for reliable information given advances in the vaccination programme.”

Loveworld, also known as Christ Embassy, is an evangelical Christian ministry founded in Nigera and led by a pastor called Chris Oyakhilome.

The Independent has contacted Loveworld for comment.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/media/christian-tv-channel-ofcom-covid-conspiracy-b1825259.html

1 Like

Re: Pastor Chris Fined In The UK For Coronavirus Lies by MufasaLion: 10:45am On Apr 01, 2021
Some people's "Daddy"

1 Like

Re: Pastor Chris Fined In The UK For Coronavirus Lies by inumidun2010(m): 10:48am On Apr 01, 2021
It is well oooo
Re: Pastor Chris Fined In The UK For Coronavirus Lies by matrix199(m): 10:51am On Apr 01, 2021
Pastor Chris, the preacher with fine diction, but poor logical reasoning.

I still remember his conspiracy theory about coronavirus. He alleged that the lockdown last year was a scheme the government put together to keep people indoor to give time to dig and lay optic fibre cables for the 5G technology. I concluded he was displaying signs of mental regression.

He lost the respect I had for him afterwards.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Chris Fined In The UK For Coronavirus Lies by Righteousness2(m): 10:57am On Apr 01, 2021
Fine or no Fine! I may not agree with everything the Pastor says I Tell you, the Pastor is not Far From the truth.

If your Eyes of Understanding are open to Current events playing out on the world stage,
You will see clearly that the Corona Virus Pandemic or Planndemic is the Red Carpet or launch Pad to a New world Order ( NWO).
Just few days ago a Global Treaty was called for this same Matter.

Yes! It is a Pandemic, because the Virus itself is Real, but the AGENDA behind it is Much more Bigger.
It is Paving a way for a Global government, a New World Order, a One World Currency and Conditioning the People to Submit to government and authourian rule, paving the way for the rise of the Antichrist and a NWO Immediately after the RAPTURE of the Saints.

All that is Happening now is Conditioning the earth Inhabitants towards the coming Mark of the Beast System that will come into Play after the RAPTURE.

It is unfortunate that majority of the World Inhabitants are falling into their plan.

You can argue with your phones and keypads for all I care. But note, it will come to Pass.
Re: Pastor Chris Fined In The UK For Coronavirus Lies by Nobody: 11:10am On Apr 01, 2021
Righteousness2:
Fine or no Fine! I may not agree with everything the Pastor says I Tell you, the Pastor is not Far From the truth.

If your Eyes of Understanding are open to Current events playing out on the world stage,
You will see clearly that the Corona Virus Pandemic or Planndemic is the Red Carpet or launch Pad to a New world Order ( NWO).
Just few days ago a Global Treaty was called for this same Matter.

Yes! It is a Pandemic, because the Virus itself is Real, but the AGENDA behind it is Much more Bigger.
It is Paving a way for a Global government, a New World Order, a One World Currency and Conditioning the People to Submit to government and authourian rule, paving the way for the rise of the Antichrist and a NWO Immediately after the RAPTURE of the Saints.

All that is Happening now is Conditioning the earth Inhabitants towards the coming Mark of the Beast System that will come into Play after the RAPTURE.

It is unfortunate that majority of the World Inhabitants are falling into their plan.

You can argue with your phones and keypads for all I care. But note, it will come to Pass.
for an educated man like you,I am highly disappointed

1 Like

Re: Pastor Chris Fined In The UK For Coronavirus Lies by Nobody: 11:13am On Apr 01, 2021
matrix199:
Pastor Chris, the preacher with fine diction, but poor logical reasoning.

I still remember his conspiracy theory about coronavirus. He alleged that the lockdown last year was a scheme the government put together to keep people indoor to give time to dig and lay optic fibre cables for the 5G technology. I concluded he was displaying signs of mental regression.

He lost the respect I had for him afterwards.
don't be surprise if he ends up taking the vaccine, they don't always practice what they preach

1 Like

Re: Pastor Chris Fined In The UK For Coronavirus Lies by Emperor4tune(m): 11:23am On Apr 01, 2021
just pay & move on
Re: Pastor Chris Fined In The UK For Coronavirus Lies by Righteousness2(m): 11:41am On Apr 01, 2021
zangaozanga:
for an educated man like you,I am highly disappointed

With all the Mystries you are witnessing in these Last days, and u still base your life and living on Earthly Education and Earthly wisdom , u are of all Creatures most Miserable..

The Carnal mind cannot understand Spirtual things.
The things of GOD is Foolishness to those that Perish.
Re: Pastor Chris Fined In The UK For Coronavirus Lies by Nobody: 12:30pm On Apr 01, 2021
Righteousness2:

With all the Mystries you are witnessing in these Last days, and u still base your life and living on Earthly Education and Earthly wisdom , u are of all Creatures most Miserable..

The Carnal mind cannot understand Spirtual things.
The things of GOD is Foolishness to those that Perish.
baba abeg leave matter for matayas

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Lady Pranks Her Sleeping Boyfriend That EFCC Are Searching For Him (video) / Top 10 Richest Sportsperson In The World - Trendtoreview / Worst Atm In Your Area

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.