Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,066 members, 7,953,251 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 01:03 PM

Ebonyi: Inferior Igbo. A Case For Ebonyi South - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ebonyi: Inferior Igbo. A Case For Ebonyi South (1491 Views)

Austin Umahi For Ebonyi South Senatorial District: The Eagle Has Landed / Being Igbo A Crime In Nigeria - Reno Omokri / The Current Igbo Are “inferior Igbo.” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ebonyi: Inferior Igbo. A Case For Ebonyi South by ThumbzTNA(m): 10:38am On Apr 01, 2021
Before reading. Note this:
1. Ebonyi South is made up of 5 LGAs Afikpo North, Afikpo South (Edda), Ivo, Ohaozara and Onicha
2. Ebonyi South was carved out of old Abia State.

If you want to compare Ebonyi state, compare Ebonyi state to the states created at the same time. The likes of Ekiti, Bayelsa, Nasarawa, Zamfara and Gombe. None of them are doing better Ebonyi. When it comes to positive statistics, like Education, infrastructure development, voter turnout, etc Ebonyi is doing well amongst it's peers.

Ebonyi South

Ebonyi south is and has always been a major player in the politics of Ndigbo since the precolonial days of the Aro Confederacy and their domination of Igbo hinterlands in the 18 century, which Afikpo was a bonafide member of.

During the times just after Independence, Ebonyi South produced the Governor of Eastern Nigeria and Ojukwu's predecessor, she also produced the pioneer first lady of Nigeria and wife of Nnamdi Azikiwe, Uche Azikiwe. The first black Minister of Education of Nigeria Aja Nwachukwu was from Ebonyi South

Ebonyi South's influence is seen also During the brief time Ebonyi South were part of Abia, they produced the first Governor of Abia state, Dr Ogbonnaya Onu. Also the name ABiA was coined using the first letters of the most influential towns in the state then to form an acronym. The last A in ABI'A' stands for Afikpo (which is now currently)

Since the return of democracy, Ebonyi South has produced both the Senate president and secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF), both in the person of Anyim Pius Anyim. The immediate past leader of Ohaenaze in the person of Gary Enwo-Igariwey and also Dave Umahi are also from Ebonyi South. Ogbonnaya Onu. The first woman to have her signature on the naira Priscilla Ekwere-Eleje is from Abonyi South

So when you hear things like Ebonyi people don't like going to school and later you realize that the first Minister of Education in Nigeria was from Ebonyi state, the contradiction becomes so obvious.

Ebonyi South has produced several notable entertainers like Tekno, Patoranking, Sinach, Andy Chukwu, Angela Okorie, just to name a few.

As far as River ports go, if River ports were to be built in Igboland today, the river flowing through Afikpo has the strighest tributary into the Atlantic among all the SS states.

The people of Ebonyi South are fantastic administrators no doubt and they have always found their way to the top of Igbo and Nigerian politics no matter which state you put them and every local government in the district have prominent names that can rival names from any other district in Alaigbo. Every LGA in the district has at least one higher institution

Afikpo North: Akanu Ibiam, Uche Azikiwe, Gary Enwo-Igariwey, Priscilla Ekwere-Eleje, John Ogbu, Catholic Bishop Micheal Nnachi, Late VC Otunta

Ohaozara: Ogbonnaya Onu, Dave Umahi, Aja Nwachukwu, Andy Chukwu

Ivo: Anyim Pius Anyim, Tekno, Angela Okorie

Onicha: Patoranking

Afikpo South: Sinach

2 Likes

Re: Ebonyi: Inferior Igbo. A Case For Ebonyi South by Nobody: 11:06am On Apr 01, 2021
The inferior ones should be from Abia and Imo

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ebonyi: Inferior Igbo. A Case For Ebonyi South by ThumbzTNA(m): 11:49am On Apr 01, 2021
You're missing the point
Re: Ebonyi: Inferior Igbo. A Case For Ebonyi South by Fejoku: 11:55am On Apr 01, 2021
Ebonyi the Great. The land of brave Igbo warriors. Jookwa nu!

10 Likes

Re: Ebonyi: Inferior Igbo. A Case For Ebonyi South by Penguin2: 11:56am On Apr 01, 2021
ThumbzTNA:
You're missing the point

So what's your point?

What happened to Ebonyi North and Ebonyi Central that you only had to make a case for Ebonyi South?

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ebonyi: Inferior Igbo. A Case For Ebonyi South by Nigeriabiafra82: 12:02pm On Apr 01, 2021
All this buhari paid miscreant
Can you kindly come and say it in public here

2 Likes

Re: Ebonyi: Inferior Igbo. A Case For Ebonyi South by ThumbzTNA(m): 12:16pm On Apr 01, 2021
Nigeriabiafra82:
All this buhari paid miscreant
Can you kindly come and say it in public here

When ndigbo are discussing issues, 2 digit iq pointers like you that lack the capacity to see analyze things from multiple angles are not invited to the table. You think being a shallow, one-track minded, two-dimensional thinker equals patriotism

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi: Inferior Igbo. A Case For Ebonyi South by ThumbzTNA(m): 12:18pm On Apr 01, 2021
Penguin2:

So what's your point?

What happened to Ebonyi North and Ebonyi Central that you only had to make a case for Ebonyi South?

Are you not a Nairalander? You can create Ebonyi Central and Ebonyi North topic

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi: Inferior Igbo. A Case For Ebonyi South by Monogamy: 12:44pm On Apr 01, 2021

Don't you think this your epistle revalidate the inferiority you are talking about?
Re: Ebonyi: Inferior Igbo. A Case For Ebonyi South by Obalatule: 12:46pm On Apr 01, 2021
SuperBold:
The inferior ones should be from Abia and Imo
No its Ondo and Ogun grin

4 Likes

Re: Ebonyi: Inferior Igbo. A Case For Ebonyi South by Nigeriabiafra82: 1:39pm On Apr 01, 2021
ThumbzTNA:

When ndigbo are discussing issues, 2 digit iq pointers like you that lack the capacity to see analyze things from multiple angles are not invited to the table. You think being a shallow, one-track minded, two-dimensional thinker equals patriotism
Can you name your village
Re: Ebonyi: Inferior Igbo. A Case For Ebonyi South by Igboid: 1:56pm On Apr 01, 2021
When I learnt that Akanu Ibiam returned his British knighthood back to the Queen of England in protest against British involvement in the Biafran genocide, my respect for him increased in ten folds.

Such a honourable man.

8 Likes

Re: Ebonyi: Inferior Igbo. A Case For Ebonyi South by Nobody: 7:11pm On Apr 01, 2021
Submitting....
Re: Ebonyi: Inferior Igbo. A Case For Ebonyi South by Kebbiprince: 7:15pm On Apr 01, 2021
All you igbos are still inferior to the great fulani, Ebonyi south my left yansh

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi: Inferior Igbo. A Case For Ebonyi South by Nobody: 7:32pm On Apr 01, 2021
ThumbzTNA:

Re: Ebonyi: Inferior Igbo. A Case For Ebonyi South by TotoGame(m): 8:16pm On Apr 01, 2021
Uche azikiwe wasn't the first lady of nigeria .... heard nnamdi azikiwe married her in the 80's

she was azikiwes second or third wife

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi: Inferior Igbo. A Case For Ebonyi South by ThumbzTNA(m): 12:11pm On Apr 02, 2021
Kebbiprince:
All you igbos are still inferior to the great fulani, Ebonyi south my left yansh

When we're talking Fulani, Katsina no talk, Sokoto no talk, na Kebbi get mouth to talk. Ordinary Kebbi
Re: Ebonyi: Inferior Igbo. A Case For Ebonyi South by ThumbzTNA(m): 12:18pm On Apr 02, 2021
Igboid:
When I learnt that Akanu Ibiam returned his British knighthood back to the Queen of England in protest against British involvement in the Biafran genocide, my respect for him increased in ten folds.

Such a honourable man.

Sure.
Akanu Ibiam was the person who started the Bible Society of Nigeria (BSN) and the Christian Medical Fellowship. The man was a born again.

Even though Ojukwu's first action as Governor of Eastern Nigeria was to eject Akanu Ibiam from Government House in Enugu and take over, Alanu Ibiam still played a major role during the fight. He used his Christian contacts in Europe and Canada to aid for Biafran victims of the war

2 Likes

Re: Ebonyi: Inferior Igbo. A Case For Ebonyi South by ThumbzTNA(m): 12:19pm On Apr 02, 2021
Monogamy:

Don't you think this your epistle revalidate the inferiority you are talking about?

I have given you information. A smart man will analyze thia information and put it to use.

A dullard will be asking me stupid questions, just like you're doing right now
Re: Ebonyi: Inferior Igbo. A Case For Ebonyi South by Idiko1: 12:31pm On Apr 02, 2021
ThumbzTNA:
Before reading. Note this:
1. Ebonyi South is made up of 5 LGAs Afikpo North, Afikpo South (Edda), Ivo, Ohaozara and Onicha
2. Ebonyi South was carved out of old Abia State.

If you want to compare Ebonyi state, compare Ebonyi state to the states created at the same time. The likes of Ekiti, Bayelsa, Nasarawa, Zamfara and Gombe. None of them are doing better Ebonyi. When it comes to positive statistics, like Education, infrastructure development, voter turnout, etc Ebonyi is doing well amongst it's peers.

Ebonyi South

Ebonyi south is and has always been a major player in the politics of Ndigbo since the precolonial days of the Aro Confederacy and their domination of Igbo hinterlands in the 18 century, which Afikpo was a bonafide member of.

During the times just after Independence, Ebonyi South produced the Governor of Eastern Nigeria and Ojukwu's predecessor, she also produced the pioneer first lady of Nigeria and wife of Nnamdi Azikiwe, Uche Azikiwe. The first black Minister of Education of Nigeria Aja Nwachukwu was from Ebonyi South

Ebonyi South's influence is seen also During the brief time Ebonyi South were part of Abia, they produced the first Governor of Abia state, Dr Ogbonnaya Onu. Also the name ABiA was coined using the first letters of the most influential towns in the state then to form an acronym. The last A in ABI'A' stands for Afikpo (which is now currently)

Since the return of democracy, Ebonyi South has produced both the Senate president and secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF), both in the person of Anyim Pius Anyim. The immediate past leader of Ohaenaze in the person of Gary Enwo-Igariwey and also Dave Umahi are also from Ebonyi South. Ogbonnaya Onu. The first woman to have her signature on the naira Priscilla Ekwere-Eleje is from Abonyi South

So when you hear things like Ebonyi people don't like going to school and later you realize that the first Minister of Education in Nigeria was from Ebonyi state, the contradiction becomes so obvious.

Ebonyi South has produced several notable entertainers like Tekno, Patoranking, Sinach, Andy Chukwu, Angela Okorie, just to name a few.

As far as River ports go, if River ports were to be built in Igboland today, the river flowing through Afikpo has the strighest tributary into the Atlantic among all the SS states.

The people of Ebonyi South are fantastic administrators no doubt and they have always found their way to the top of Igbo and Nigerian politics no matter which state you put them and every local government in the district have prominent names that can rival names from any other district in Alaigbo. Every LGA in the district has at least one higher institution

Afikpo North: Akanu Ibiam, Uche Azikiwe, Gary Enwo-Igariwey, Priscilla Ekwere-Eleje, John Ogbu, Catholic Bishop Micheal Nnachi, Late VC Otunta

Ohaozara: Ogbonnaya Onu, Dave Umahi, Aja Nwachukwu, Andy Chukwu

Ivo: Anyim Pius Anyim, Tekno, Angela Okorie

Onicha: Patoranking

Afikpo South: Sinach

Mr. analyst, you come across as person with inferior mentality or suffering from mental insecurity. The first time I read from your post, it was about the creation of Etiti State and yet prominent Igbo sons and daughters who hailed from your imagined area of interest. It is unfortunate you have grown into aspect of Igboland with your silly and delusional stream of thought. No part of Igboland is regarded being inferior by any Igbo person. The instances of inferiority among the Ndigbo only exist in the minds of insure goons who have nothing good to offer except idiotic dreams. I do not like rain on your silly parade. However I had liked to plead with you to decease from posting craps for public consumption which you conjured with the frame of your idle mind. In addition, Aja Nwachukwu was not the first Black Minister of Education of Nigeria but Igbo man who become the minister of education of Nigeria. If you know your historical fact very well, you have realized that Chief Aja Nwachukwu was junior minister before the death of Adegoke Adelabu.

2 Likes

Re: Ebonyi: Inferior Igbo. A Case For Ebonyi South by VictorUSA(m): 12:32pm On Apr 02, 2021
Just like Taraba state, the southan tarabans are more educated, influential, intelligent than other parts of the state. In politics,the southerners have more power to influence the outcome of an election.Even Darius, the current Gov.is from the south.
Re: Ebonyi: Inferior Igbo. A Case For Ebonyi South by Idiko1: 12:41pm On Apr 02, 2021
ThumbzTNA:

Sure.
Akanu Ibiam was the person who started the Bible Society of Nigeria (BSN) and the Christian Medical Fellowship. The man was a born again.

Even though Ojukwu's first action as Governor of Eastern Nigeria was to eject Akanu Ibiam from Government House in Enugu and take over, Alanu Ibiam still played a major role during the fight. He used his Christian contacts in Europe and Canada to aid for Biafran victims of the war

You seemed to be played into silliness by your skewed figment of imagination. The era of government which Akanu Ibiam was an integral part ended on January 15, 1966. By the time the military personals were appointed the governors of the regions, the civilians governors were who were lucky to stay away from the custody of military boys were informed to go home. Nobody, not even Ojukwu, evicted any governor from the governor's house.

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi: Inferior Igbo. A Case For Ebonyi South by maxell(f): 1:17pm On Apr 02, 2021
Don’t refer to them as inferior. Don’t mock people when they are down. It is irresponsible.

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi: Inferior Igbo. A Case For Ebonyi South by ThumbzTNA(m): 3:04pm On Apr 02, 2021
Idiko1:

Mr. analyst, you come across as person with inferior mentality or suffering from mental insecurity. The first time I read from your post, it was about the creation of Etiti State and yet prominent Igbo sons and daughters who hailed from your imagined area of interest. It is unfortunate you have grown into aspect of Igboland with your silly and delusional stream of thought. No part of Igboland is regarded being inferior by any Igbo person. The instances of inferiority among the Ndigbo only exist in the minds of insure goons who have nothing good to offer except idiotic dreams. I do not like rain on your silly parade. However I had liked to plead with you to decease from posting craps for public consumption which you conjured with the frame of your idle mind. In addition, Aja Nwachukwu was not the first Black Minister of Education of Nigeria but Igbo man who become the minister of education of Nigeria. If you know your historical fact very well, you have realized that Chief Aja Nwachukwu was junior minister before the death of Adegoke Adelabu.

I was waiting front goat like you since who downplays the yearnings of others because it's not their pain. It is a person wearing the shoe that knows where it hurts.

I have been lucky to have opportunities in this life. I have never for one day felt inferior to anybody because when it comes to requistites considered by the society for a person to be considered to have a high social status, I've been able to attain most. So it's not even about me

If I come out and point to the fact that igbos from certain parts look down on those from another part, and you as person have never been a victim of such, then you have no right to jump on the topic, most especially of you're coming to type rubbish.

I have had ignorant goats like you who don't even care to study the intricacies of other Igbo places in Igbo land except his hometown. ignorant igbo goats like you who have want to write a person off, regardless of how gifted, talented or intelligent a person is just because they aren't the 'right igbo'.

If not so, the why is it that an Nnewi man will always specify that he is different from an Onitsha man, even though they are both from Anambra. An Mbaise man will always specify that he is different from an Owerri or Orlu man, though they are both from Imo. An Enugu man will specify he isn't an Nsukka man. An Anioma man will always specify his uniqueness
but

when an Afikpo person tells you he is different from an Abakaliki man, and goes on to tell you the achievements of his people, you get fidgety. Why? It's because you dont want to believe that anything good can come out of the state. You need Ebonyi state to be backwards so you can use it to boost your ego. You need a state to look down on, so that no matter how badly you're doing, at least you're better than 'those Ebonyi people'.

But look here, I'm an Afikpo man. My people have been doing well for themselves since 16BC. In your Anambra state, most Local governments can stand toe to toe with my Afikpo.

Except the LGs in Anambra South (not even all) and some in Anambra central, the rest are just poor people who brag about the wealth of other people from the state. And the people from those unachieving local governments are the loudest.

I have said my own, I'm from Afikpo and Ebonyi South and I'm proud of the achievements of my people. if that make you uncomfortable, hug a transformer.

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi: Inferior Igbo. A Case For Ebonyi South by ThumbzTNA(m): 3:11pm On Apr 02, 2021
Idiko1:

You seemed to be played into silliness by your skewed figment of imagination. The era of government which Akanu Ibiam was an integral part ended on January 15, 1966. By the time the military personals were appointed the governors of the regions, the civilians governors were who were lucky to stay away from the custody of military boys were informed to go home. Nobody, not even Ojukwu, evicted any governor from the governor's house.

Read and be informed. Don't come with your big empty head and be brandishing your ignorance on my post like it's a trophy
Re: Ebonyi: Inferior Igbo. A Case For Ebonyi South by Nobody: 3:16pm On Apr 02, 2021
ThumbzTNA:

[s]I was waiting front goat like you since who downplays the yearnings of others because it's not their pain. It is a person wearing the shoe that knows where it hurts.

I have been lucky to have opportunities in this life. I have never for one day felt inferior to anybody because when it comes to requistites considered by the society for a person to be considered to have a high social status, I've been able to attain most. So it's not even about me

If I come out and point to the fact that igbos from certain parts look down on those from another part, and you as person have never been a victim of such, then you have no right to jump on the topic, most especially of you're coming to type rubbish.

I have had ignorant goats like you who don't even care to study the intricacies of other Igbo places in Igbo land except his hometown. ignorant igbo goats like you who have want to write a person off, regardless of how gifted, talented or intelligent a person is just because they aren't the 'right igbo'.

If not so, the why is it that an Nnewi man will always specify that he is different from an Onitsha man, even though they are both from Anambra. An Mbaise man will always specify that he is different from an Owerri or Orlu man, though they are both from Imo. An Enugu man will specify he isn't an Nsukka man. An Anioma man will always specify his uniqueness
but

when an Afikpo person tells you he is different from an Abakaliki man, and goes on to tell you the achievements of his people, you get fidgety. Why? It's because you dont want to believe that anything good can come out of the state. You need Ebonyi state to be backwards so you can use it to boost your ego. You need a state to look down on, so that no matter how badly you're doing, at least you're better than 'those Ebonyi people'.

But look here, I'm an Afikpo man. My people have been doing well for themselves since 16BC. In your Anambra state, most Local governments can stand toe to toe with my Afikpo.

Except the LGs in Anambra South (not even all) and some in Anambra central, the rest are just poor people who brag about the wealth of other people from the state. And the people from those unachieving local governments are the loudest.

I have said my own, I'm from Afikpo and Ebonyi South and I'm proud of the achievements of my people. if that make you uncomfortable, hug a transformer[/s].

I don't know the problem with you Abakiliki boys against Anambra nationality. You are responding to someone from Imo state and suddenly and boom you start attacking another state that doesn't care whether you are living or not living.

Did you forget anything in Anambra state that you left the person you are supposed to respond to and start attacking another state.

Sometimes I can't just tell what's the problem with you Ebonyi people.

What nonsense.

You guys really needs to be merged with the rest of northern states because una mentality is nothing to write home about...

Fulanis living in midst of Igbos and be calling themselves Igbos...that's the definition of Ebonyi.

Rubbish.

2 Likes

Re: Ebonyi: Inferior Igbo. A Case For Ebonyi South by IgweOfNnewi: 3:20pm On Apr 02, 2021
Ok
Re: Ebonyi: Inferior Igbo. A Case For Ebonyi South by KingOKON: 3:21pm On Apr 02, 2021
ThumbzTNA:

I was waiting front goat like you since who downplays the yearnings of others because it's not their pain. It is a person wearing the shoe that knows where it hurts.

but

I have said my own, I'm from Afikpo and Ebonyi South and I'm proud of the achievements of my people. if that make you uncomfortable, hug a transformer.

You are a true son of ya father

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ipob Media Cow Are A Cancer Here On Nairaland / An Extract From Mazi Nnamdi Kanu's Broadcast On Radio Biafra Yesterday / Secret Genocide Going On In SE, Desmond Nweke Alleges

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.