Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,547 members, 7,816,333 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:40 AM

2023: INEC Fixes Date To Resume Registration Of Voters - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: INEC Fixes Date To Resume Registration Of Voters (15356 Views)

2023: INEC Announces New Dates For Presidential & Gubernatorial Elections / INEC Fixes 20th March For Completion Of Rivers Governorship Election / See The Massive Turnout Of Voters In Kano (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023: INEC Fixes Date To Resume Registration Of Voters by Nemere2020: 1:24pm On Apr 01, 2021
The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has fixed June 28 to resume the continuous voter registration (CVR) exercise ahead of the 2023 elections.

Mahmood Yakubu, INEC chairman, announced the date at a press conference in Abuja on Thursday.

The commission earlier targeted the resumption of the exercise in the first quarter of 2021.

But Yakubu said the target was not met as a result of some activities such as the introduction of new systems to ensure the registration is in line with COVID-19 guidelines, expansion of voter access to polling units and introduction of new voter registration equipment and technology.

“Effective from Monday 28th June 2021, the CVR exercise will commence nationwide and carried out continuously for over a year until the third quarter of 2022,” he said.

“However, emphasis will initially be on Anambra State where more centres will be established in view of the governorship election already scheduled for Saturday, 6th November 2021.

“In order to complete preparations for the governorship election, the CVR exercise in the state will be temporarily suspended in August 2021. This will enable the commission to clean up the data for the state and print the PVCs (permanent voter cards) for registrants.

“As time goes on, the commission will provide more details on the CVR exercise, particularly the innovations that will ensure a safe and stress-free experience for registrants. In doing so, we will fully consult stakeholders. In fact, the first in the series of these consultations will take place after the Easter break.”
https://thecable.ng/2023-inec-finally-fixes-date-to-resume-registration-of-voters

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: INEC Fixes Date To Resume Registration Of Voters by xpressionx(m): 1:42pm On Apr 01, 2021
Let the registration of underage voters and foreigners begin

6 Likes

Re: 2023: INEC Fixes Date To Resume Registration Of Voters by Kestolove(m): 1:46pm On Apr 01, 2021
I will do it but I will never stand on a queue cause of any bastard politician

3 Likes

Re: 2023: INEC Fixes Date To Resume Registration Of Voters by Confirmedzombie: 1:52pm On Apr 01, 2021
Nice one from INEC. Early preparation is a good idea.

Buhari has really transformed INEC. No more rigging like the days of PDP.

I urge our people in the SE to come out and register to enable us vote out bad leaders.

Biafra is dead and buried, we believe in one Nigeria

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023: INEC Fixes Date To Resume Registration Of Voters by Nobody: 1:57pm On Apr 01, 2021
I have my Voters card with me

I can't wait to vote the BAT in 2023 especially of PDP produce Atiku.

2 Likes

Re: 2023: INEC Fixes Date To Resume Registration Of Voters by Penguin2: 1:59pm On Apr 01, 2021
Kestolove:

Then when northern underaged voters elect Shakau as Buhari successor, don't complain o.

14 Likes

Re: 2023: INEC Fixes Date To Resume Registration Of Voters by Kestolove(m): 2:02pm On Apr 01, 2021
Penguin2:

Then when northern underaged voters elect Shakau as Buhari successor, don't complain o.
even now am not complaining....make una hold una country I go soon leave una

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023: INEC Fixes Date To Resume Registration Of Voters by Penguin2: 2:07pm On Apr 01, 2021
Kestolove:
even now am not complaining....make una hold una country I go soon leave una

I hope you have no relatives that you are leaving behind?

Or you are so selfish that as long as you safe, others can go to hell?

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023: INEC Fixes Date To Resume Registration Of Voters by englishmart(m): 2:18pm On Apr 01, 2021
I don't care about the election, just sell this country for $200bn dollars, even if my share is $20,000, give me I want to move to Malaysia. I wan hustle legit.

#bantilosha

1 Like

Re: 2023: INEC Fixes Date To Resume Registration Of Voters by Sandydayziz(f): 2:19pm On Apr 01, 2021
This early registration is really good.
I can’t stand for hours to get 1 card, but there’s going to be enough time for all citizens including the underaged to get their voters card. I don’t trust them at all
Re: 2023: INEC Fixes Date To Resume Registration Of Voters by lekki1444: 2:19pm On Apr 01, 2021
angry
Re: 2023: INEC Fixes Date To Resume Registration Of Voters by Zico5(m): 2:20pm On Apr 01, 2021
This is the time for us to right our wrongs. Lagos should be the target for registration. We undervalue ourselves by not coming out enmasse to vote there by giving these almanjiris gut to decide for us.
Re: 2023: INEC Fixes Date To Resume Registration Of Voters by fergie001: 2:22pm On Apr 01, 2021

Re: 2023: INEC Fixes Date To Resume Registration Of Voters by DennisEche(m): 2:22pm On Apr 01, 2021
e be like say them curse blacks
Re: 2023: INEC Fixes Date To Resume Registration Of Voters by UltimateStarman: 2:22pm On Apr 01, 2021
Well I just pray Nigerians will be wise in 2023 then I no say dem don use PDP or APC swear for una
Re: 2023: INEC Fixes Date To Resume Registration Of Voters by Nobody: 2:22pm On Apr 01, 2021
Mad people
Re: 2023: INEC Fixes Date To Resume Registration Of Voters by Strongbest(m): 2:23pm On Apr 01, 2021
Another hustling moment for Nigerians.......we quee again

1 Like

Re: 2023: INEC Fixes Date To Resume Registration Of Voters by Starships4u(m): 2:24pm On Apr 01, 2021
Confirmedzombie:
Nice one from INEC. Early preparation is a good idea.

Buhari has really transformed INEC. No more rigging like the days of PDP.

I urge our people in the SE to come out and register to enable us vote out bad leaders.

Biafra is dead and buried, we believe in one Nigeria

Yhur opinion....
Buhari transformed nada in INEC.
Give me one thing he has done or one innovation.

2 Likes

Re: 2023: INEC Fixes Date To Resume Registration Of Voters by preshyusufu: 2:25pm On Apr 01, 2021
Kestolove:

That is our problem, we no wan make effort but to come complain leta. 2023, is surely our year of freedom.

1 Like

Re: 2023: INEC Fixes Date To Resume Registration Of Voters by Nobody: 2:26pm On Apr 01, 2021
Wetin konsighn us. When e reach elections and distribution of ballot boxes, them dey remember the people, even those for the most isolated areas, but when job opportunities come, them go hoard am for their tenth generation. If una know as I hate politicians and anything politics eh,

1 Like

Re: 2023: INEC Fixes Date To Resume Registration Of Voters by Nobody: 2:29pm On Apr 01, 2021
fergie001:
You work with INEC?
Re: 2023: INEC Fixes Date To Resume Registration Of Voters by fergie001: 2:29pm On Apr 01, 2021
JidennaJason:
You work with INEC?
Noooooo
Re: 2023: INEC Fixes Date To Resume Registration Of Voters by Nobody: 2:30pm On Apr 01, 2021
fergie001:
Noooooo
Okay bro.
Re: 2023: INEC Fixes Date To Resume Registration Of Voters by MrgudK(m): 2:36pm On Apr 01, 2021
Penguin2:

I hope you have no relatives that you are leaving behind?

Or you are so selfish that as long as you safe, others can go to hell?

Are you now saying this country is hell?
Re: 2023: INEC Fixes Date To Resume Registration Of Voters by Monday60655(m): 2:37pm On Apr 01, 2021
As if starting early will help them make any meaningful difference. Just business as usual.
Re: 2023: INEC Fixes Date To Resume Registration Of Voters by Duplexxx: 2:39pm On Apr 01, 2021
Who go vote? Make una come fuss me na

Nonsense

(1) (2) (Reply)

Insecurity: Bandits Have Turned North To Killing Field - Sultan Of Sokoto / 2023: Peter Obi Stands No Chance And He Knows It - Deji Adeyanju / Peter Obi Congratulates Senegalese President-Elect, Bassirou Diomaye Faye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.