Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,658,057 members, 6,239,395 topics. Date: Monday, 12 April 2021 at 09:40 PM

NGOs Withdraw Workers As Boko Haram Plans Massive Attacks On Borno, Yobe - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NGOs Withdraw Workers As Boko Haram Plans Massive Attacks On Borno, Yobe (13169 Views)

2019 Elections: Boko Haram Plans Attack, US Warns Citizens / Boko Haram Plans To Kill Leah Sharibu By Mid October — Mom / How Boko Haram Killed Soldiers In Borno & Yobe: The Untold Story - Premium Times (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

NGOs Withdraw Workers As Boko Haram Plans Massive Attacks On Borno, Yobe by oshozondii: 3:03pm On Apr 01
NGOs Withdraw Workers As Boko Haram Plans Massive Attacks On Borno, Yobe Communities

Boko Haram terrorists are planning a series of attacks on communities in Borno and Yobe states, SaharaReporters has gathered.

According to a military source, non-governmental organisations working in the area have been informed and have started withdrawing their workers from the two states.

“They (Boko Haram terrorists) have been quiet for some time now due to the pressure from troops of Operation TURA TAKAI BANGO. But the intelligence report we got recently showed that both the Abubakar Shekau-led faction and ISWAP (Islamic State in West Africa Province) are planning massive attacks on different communities in both Yobe and Borno.

“We have informed all operational commanders to stay alert; all NGOs and humanitarian workers have also been informed. Some of the NGOs have started withdrawing their workers but I can assure you that men of the Nigerian Army are fully alert for them,” a colonel told SaharaReporters.


The insurgents had in March 2021 invaded the United Nations hub in Dikwa, Borno state, burning down the facility.

The gunmen also abducted no fewer than seven humanitarian workers from the facility.

The terrorists who came with heavy machine guns and trucks, also took possession of the military formation, including high-profile fighting equipment and vehicles.

The group also burnt some public buildings, including the primary health care centre, local government secretariat, and part of Shehu of Dikwa’s palace.

The insurgents however pulled out of the town after having control for hours and killing many soldiers.

“About fifteen soldiers were killed by the gunmen, we earlier thought they were five but more than fifteen bodies have been recovered so far. Some civilians were killed as well,” a source had told SaharaReporters.

The attack was also confirmed by the UN Office for Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs in Nigeria, UN-OCHA.

UN- OCHA Coordinator, Edward Kallon in a statement said he was enraged by the attack and was concerned with the safety of civilians and aid workers in the town.

He called for adequate and maximum security of civilians and aid workers in the region.

“I am gravely preoccupied by reports on an ongoing violent attack by non-state armed groups in Dikwa, Borno State, during which several aid facilities were directly targeted. The attack started last night and, as information is still coming through, I am outraged to hear the premises of several aid agencies and a hospital were reportedly set ablaze and sustained damage,” he had said.

“I strongly condemn the attack and deeply concerned about the safety and security of civilians in Dikwa, including internally displaced people inside and outside camps and thousands of people who had returned to the community to rebuild their lives after years in displacement.

“The violent attack will affect the support provided to nearly 100,000 people who are desperately in need of humanitarian assistance and protection, particularly as the COVID-19 pandemic risks spreading in Borno State.

“Civilians and aid workers, their facilities and assets should never be a target. They must be protected and respected at all times. I call on all armed parties to immediately stop the violence and respect international humanitarian law and human rights law and ensure the protection of civilians, humanitarian and personnel.”

http://saharareporters.com/2021/04/01/exclusive-ngos-withdraw-workers-boko-haram-plans-massive-attacks-borno-yobe-communities

1 Like

Re: NGOs Withdraw Workers As Boko Haram Plans Massive Attacks On Borno, Yobe by coolcharm(m): 3:12pm On Apr 01
Hmmmm

1 Like

Re: NGOs Withdraw Workers As Boko Haram Plans Massive Attacks On Borno, Yobe by Fasindo: 4:04pm On Apr 01
o:






Allah Akbar

IPOB Propaganda News.

The NGOs are paid IPOB organization, paid to discredit Baba Buhari government.
UN- OCHA Coordinator, Edward Kallon is on IPOB payroll

Borno and Yobe is safer now and no one is leaving Yobe, in fact the 2022 AFCON has been scheduled to hold in Yobe.
FIFA has even directed all the future AFCON qualifying matches to hold in Yobe and Borno due to the states peacefulness


Baba Buhari till 2031 Inshallah

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: NGOs Withdraw Workers As Boko Haram Plans Massive Attacks On Borno, Yobe by BruncleZuma: 4:28pm On Apr 01
It's so sad that we are at war with ourselves.

10 Likes

Re: NGOs Withdraw Workers As Boko Haram Plans Massive Attacks On Borno, Yobe by Justbest112: 4:28pm On Apr 01
Hmmm
Re: NGOs Withdraw Workers As Boko Haram Plans Massive Attacks On Borno, Yobe by Firstorderwizard(m): 4:28pm On Apr 01
Who else observed that nairaland views have drastically reduced?
Too much bad news

17 Likes

Re: NGOs Withdraw Workers As Boko Haram Plans Massive Attacks On Borno, Yobe by bayelsaowei(m): 4:29pm On Apr 01
What are NGOs doing in bornu ? Mtsheew

1 Like

Re: NGOs Withdraw Workers As Boko Haram Plans Massive Attacks On Borno, Yobe by PCG001: 4:29pm On Apr 01
Re: NGOs Withdraw Workers As Boko Haram Plans Massive Attacks On Borno, Yobe by WiszyFraud: 4:29pm On Apr 01
Our ss3 boyz busy shaking the nation..


grin
Re: NGOs Withdraw Workers As Boko Haram Plans Massive Attacks On Borno, Yobe by Elvis2kay: 4:29pm On Apr 01
With all this killing in the North some SICKED HEAD negro from southern Nigeria stil believe in1 Nigeria.

16 Likes

Re: NGOs Withdraw Workers As Boko Haram Plans Massive Attacks On Borno, Yobe by slawormiir: 4:29pm On Apr 01
Damnnn niggarrrr
Coming from Sahara reporters
I don't trust the source of this news

After knowing fully well that the owner is a pussy ass moda fuckkker

After dishing out dog shit to destroy Jonathan government...
Stiny moda fuckkking coward....
I know you all gonna insult me on this one....but ain't scared.....bring it on...am a real niggarrr

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NGOs Withdraw Workers As Boko Haram Plans Massive Attacks On Borno, Yobe by feelgospel2021: 4:30pm On Apr 01
Pray for Nigeria, Blogging is not easy Guys pls visit my small Gospel Blog, discover nice gospel music on FeelGospel.com

3 Likes

Re: NGOs Withdraw Workers As Boko Haram Plans Massive Attacks On Borno, Yobe by Emulti(m): 4:30pm On Apr 01
People still dey live for Borno and Yobe States?

2 Likes

Re: NGOs Withdraw Workers As Boko Haram Plans Massive Attacks On Borno, Yobe by INTEGRITYA1(m): 4:30pm On Apr 01
So serious.
Re: NGOs Withdraw Workers As Boko Haram Plans Massive Attacks On Borno, Yobe by Thegracefulness: 4:30pm On Apr 01
Is Nigeria especially ready to win the war against insecurity?

Yes, it’s true that other countries in the World faces her own challenges, but what’s worst than having a government-led destruction on individuals whose existence do not benefit them in any way.

Don’t sleep like you’re blind. Even a blind man knows how to differentiate sleep from when he is awake. You know what I mean when I ask this question.

What promises would the next government make to score cheap points, if lives and properties are secured in this our region?

1 Like

Re: NGOs Withdraw Workers As Boko Haram Plans Massive Attacks On Borno, Yobe by Vuresolo(m): 4:30pm On Apr 01
Naija which way nau..
Re: NGOs Withdraw Workers As Boko Haram Plans Massive Attacks On Borno, Yobe by whela(m): 4:30pm On Apr 01
Run for your life....
Re: NGOs Withdraw Workers As Boko Haram Plans Massive Attacks On Borno, Yobe by valves: 4:31pm On Apr 01
As usual, the Government/military wot act on this intelligence.
Re: NGOs Withdraw Workers As Boko Haram Plans Massive Attacks On Borno, Yobe by KnightsTemplar(m): 4:31pm On Apr 01
Iz it not better to give Boko Haram Borno state, make them sign undertaken that they will never cross border into, United States of Arewa (USA), Oduduwa Republic and Biafra, make pesin rest jare.

1 Like

Re: NGOs Withdraw Workers As Boko Haram Plans Massive Attacks On Borno, Yobe by Bbbwings(m): 4:31pm On Apr 01
Fake news. The US says Buhari is doing well.
Our darling daddy will call boko haram to order from his sick bay in the uk.

Re: NGOs Withdraw Workers As Boko Haram Plans Massive Attacks On Borno, Yobe by Militant30: 4:31pm On Apr 01
Omo see boldness by Boko boys

But my question is
why is our waiting for Boko Haram insurgents to bring the fight to them,why not take the battle to Boko Haram insurgents they said the best form of defense is attack.

Y
Re: NGOs Withdraw Workers As Boko Haram Plans Massive Attacks On Borno, Yobe by bstan12: 4:31pm On Apr 01
Fully alert ke! Guy arrange your bag make you go missing oo.

2 Likes

Re: NGOs Withdraw Workers As Boko Haram Plans Massive Attacks On Borno, Yobe by getangry(m): 4:32pm On Apr 01
Wow
Re: NGOs Withdraw Workers As Boko Haram Plans Massive Attacks On Borno, Yobe by IamFINESSE: 4:33pm On Apr 01
angry

Re: NGOs Withdraw Workers As Boko Haram Plans Massive Attacks On Borno, Yobe by Risingblue008(m): 4:33pm On Apr 01
International money(Dubai) speaking
If u knw,then u knw
grin grin angry
Re: NGOs Withdraw Workers As Boko Haram Plans Massive Attacks On Borno, Yobe by KossyKiss97(f): 4:34pm On Apr 01
Ok
Re: NGOs Withdraw Workers As Boko Haram Plans Massive Attacks On Borno, Yobe by odiomachi(f): 4:34pm On Apr 01
The authority will still keep watching until they launch these attacks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NGOs Withdraw Workers As Boko Haram Plans Massive Attacks On Borno, Yobe by Mikehot: 4:34pm On Apr 01
but fulani government just approved $20billion again for electricity again despite an impending mass attack coming

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

'Who Lodged N9.3bn Into My Bank Account?' / Iyabo Anisulowo's Kidnappers Want N200m Or … / Nigeria Lost $32bn To Corruption Under Jonathan – DFID

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2021 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.