Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,298 members, 7,815,529 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:01 PM

Dilemma: How Do I Get A Professional Reference? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Dilemma: How Do I Get A Professional Reference? (392 Views)

My Sister's Dilemma On Secondary School Sex Immoralities / Oyo Re-opens Schools On Monday; Parents, Teachers In Dilemma / Ghanaian School Competition Uses Nigeria As A Reference For Fraud. See Reactions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Dilemma: How Do I Get A Professional Reference? by caketake3: 6:07pm On Apr 01, 2021
Good evening Nairalanders,
I'm currently in a dilemma. I currently work and earn a small pay. I intend applying for a scholarship for 2022/2023 and all my documents are almost complete. I got to know that I will have to get a recommendation letter from my current employer. Now that's where the problem is.

I do enjoy a good relationship with my boss and he hopes to build a firm with people willing to stay and grow. I got to know he has always been hiring and people having to leave for Master's program or relocating. No doubt he's good but I will like to progress in my career.

But what if the scholarship doesn't work out. I don't want(and he doesn't like being seen as an option) the aftermath of the request to affect my job at the moment. But it won't be bad to give this application a good shot.

Should I forge the letter? My conscience will not allow me and what if the body request anything from him or he gets to know.
Another escape route will be to use my former employer but I'm attaching my pay slip as application for waiver and the employer will not correlate.

Note, I'm less than a year in this new work place.
Re: Dilemma: How Do I Get A Professional Reference? by budaatum: 7:09pm On Apr 01, 2021
You should ask your current employer.

What comes to me for you is, "I know you are a prudent boss who sows only where you reap. Please sow in me and you will one day reap".

I am informed you will know what it means.
Re: Dilemma: How Do I Get A Professional Reference? by caketake3: 9:27pm On Apr 01, 2021
budaatum:
You should ask your current employer.

What comes to me for you is, "I know you are a prudent boss who sows only where you reap. Please sow in me and you will one day reap".

I am informed you will know what it means.

Thank you for this. It is going to be a tough decision for both of us but something must be done.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Ondo State School Of Nursing Form, Akure 2021/2022 Is Still On Sales. Call The A / Gain Admission Without Jamb / Quantitative Reasoning, Someone Should Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.