Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,130 members, 7,821,866 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:28 PM

The SE Must Get Either The Senate President Or Speaker Of House Of Rep - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The SE Must Get Either The Senate President Or Speaker Of House Of Rep (1483 Views)

Nigerian President Or King Of The North?, By Femi Fani-kayode / Yakubu Dogara Is Speaker Of 8th House Of Representatives / Bukola Saraki Is The Senate President Of The 8th NASS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The SE Must Get Either The Senate President Or Speaker Of House Of Rep by Onlytruth(m): 10:17pm On Apr 17, 2011
^^

This "cake" you refer to is our fair entitlements in Nigeria which had been maliciously withheld from us.

There is no corruption greater than skewing the country to your advantage when you are in power. I don't think Jonathan would do that.

The SE deserves a sixth state, for instance. Denying us that is one of the worst forms of corruption.  cool
Re: The SE Must Get Either The Senate President Or Speaker Of House Of Rep by EzeUche2(m): 10:18pm On Apr 17, 2011
Instead of worrying about a political position, we are not clear yet. We have to see the North's next move. All is not right in the North. Every where in the North and the Middle Belt is a site of tension.

Nigeria is at a dangerous moment.
Re: The SE Must Get Either The Senate President Or Speaker Of House Of Rep by Rhino5dm: 10:19pm On Apr 17, 2011
^^ fi aja ye n le!
Re: The SE Must Get Either The Senate President Or Speaker Of House Of Rep by Nchara: 10:19pm On Apr 17, 2011
Anyone talking about merit should know that Igbos will simply take over Nigeria. Most of the successes based on merit have been achieved by Igbos. So we need zoning and rotation to bring everyone else on board. Or else, we take everything. You see, Igbos are not greedy.
Re: The SE Must Get Either The Senate President Or Speaker Of House Of Rep by Nobody: 10:20pm On Apr 17, 2011
Onlytruth:

^^

This "cake" you refer to is our fair entitlements in Nigeria which had been maliciously withheld from us.

There is no corruption greater than skewing the country to your advantage when you are in power. I don't think Jonathan would do that.

The SE deserves a sixth state, for instance. Denying us that is one of the worst forms of corruption.  cool

Of course GEJ wouldnt dare try it grin People voted for him because they expect change. Out of almost 7 million voters, 5 million did not vote in the SW. Those people/ MBelt mionorities that are entrusting their vote in him because he's also a minority can change their mind.

If the SE gets another state, then the same will have to be done with Kwara Jos. One for North one for SW.

What are the requirements for new states in Nigeria?
Re: The SE Must Get Either The Senate President Or Speaker Of House Of Rep by Onlytruth(m): 10:20pm On Apr 17, 2011
Ezeuche, don't worry about that. No one dares try any nonsense now.
Nuff said.  cool
Re: The SE Must Get Either The Senate President Or Speaker Of House Of Rep by Onlytruth(m): 10:24pm On Apr 17, 2011
@Ileke-idi

The requirements for state creation in Nigeria is perfidious and even ludicrous. That is why we have states generating nothing and relying only on federal allocations. Any Igbo state can be created provided the CEO of Nigeria (the president) supports it.
That process should be amended anyway to emphasize internal revenue. If that happens, there is no way the north can fund more states than even the SE.
Re: The SE Must Get Either The Senate President Or Speaker Of House Of Rep by ektbear: 10:26pm On Apr 17, 2011
Under the pdp zoning formula, is the SE supposed to get either the senate president or speaker?
Re: The SE Must Get Either The Senate President Or Speaker Of House Of Rep by EzeUche2(m): 10:27pm On Apr 17, 2011
ekt_bear:

Under the pdp zoning formula, is the SE supposed to get either the senate president or speaker?

Zoning has been thrown out. Plus, we the latest events in the SW, the whole formula needs to be thrown out. I doubt ACN will be given any position.
Re: The SE Must Get Either The Senate President Or Speaker Of House Of Rep by sbeezy8: 10:28pm On Apr 17, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Of course GEJ wouldnt dare try it grin People voted for him because they expect change. Out of almost 7 million voters, 5 million did not vote in the SW. Those people/ MBelt mionorities that are entrusting their vote in him because he's also a minority can change their mind.

If the SE gets another state, then the same will have to be done with Kwara Jos. One for North one for SW.

What are the requirements for new states in Nigeria?

Thats in Lagos- Im still wondering why igbo are not tooting that 40% BS vote GEJ could not even get 1.5 million votes in Lagos

but out of 15 million voters in the SW only 15- 17% voted

edo as well and the middle belt in Kogi Igala east voted CPC and the majority of votes were invalid.
Re: The SE Must Get Either The Senate President Or Speaker Of House Of Rep by ektbear: 10:29pm On Apr 17, 2011
EzeUche_:

Zoning has been thrown out.
Reference for this?

Plus, we the latest events in the SW, the whole formula needs to be thrown out. I doubt ACN will be given any position.
We shall see. I suspect that the SW will get to have their cake and eat it. . . one way or another.
Re: The SE Must Get Either The Senate President Or Speaker Of House Of Rep by Nobody: 10:30pm On Apr 17, 2011
Onlytruth:

@Ileke-idi

The requirements for state creation in Nigeria is perfidious and even ludicrous. That is why we have states generating nothing and relying only on federal allocations. Any Igbo state can be created provided the CEO of Nigeria (the president) supports it.
That process should be amended anyway to emphasize internal revenue. If that happens, there is no way the north can fund more states than even the SE.

You think if an Igbo state is created, Kwara wont clamor for theirs? Which will give the North an 8th state.
Re: The SE Must Get Either The Senate President Or Speaker Of House Of Rep by ektbear: 10:31pm On Apr 17, 2011
@Ileke-IdI: Partitioning Kwara is not a good idea, in my opinion.
Re: The SE Must Get Either The Senate President Or Speaker Of House Of Rep by Onlytruth(m): 10:33pm On Apr 17, 2011
@Ileke
The Igbo argument is that Nigeria is divided into 6 geopolitical zones. Everyone accepts that. What we are saying is that every geopoliltical zone should have equal number of states.
That is the less contentious argument.
Re: The SE Must Get Either The Senate President Or Speaker Of House Of Rep by EzeUche2(m): 10:33pm On Apr 17, 2011
The only state that should be created is Anioma state.

There is universal consensus about this.
Re: The SE Must Get Either The Senate President Or Speaker Of House Of Rep by pluto04(m): 10:34pm On Apr 17, 2011
Onlytruth:

@pluto04

Abi na president of Mars before? Ah ah?

Our list is short, that's all.

Pop pop sontin jare! grin

cheesy cheesy Don't get your hopes too high. You might become highly disappointed. His getting hight percentage of votes in the SE/SS might not be a good thing. Let me explain. Because GEJ will become the president of Nigeria and not just that of the SS/SE, he will play the politics of appeasement i.e try to appease the supposed hostile regions in terms of political patronage. That is the kind of politics he has been playing in the last one year. I don't see how it will now be different. To act differently will be to walk into the traps of some of his competitors and the outcome will not be pretty.
Re: The SE Must Get Either The Senate President Or Speaker Of House Of Rep by sbeezy8: 10:34pm On Apr 17, 2011
ekt_bear:

yes it is a state made out of Kwara and Kogi.

but that will be like 8 yoruba speaking states so i doubt they will do that
Re: The SE Must Get Either The Senate President Or Speaker Of House Of Rep by Nobody: 10:35pm On Apr 17, 2011
Onlytruth:

@Ileke
The Igbo argument is that Nigeria is divided into 6 geopolitical zones. Everyone accepts that. What we are saying is that every geopoliltical zone should have equal number of states.
That is the less contentious argument.

Making Anioma state is not going to make the geopolitical zones equal numbers of state.
The North is still going to have one more than the rest.
Re: The SE Must Get Either The Senate President Or Speaker Of House Of Rep by Nobody: 10:37pm On Apr 17, 2011
ekt_bear:

Why?
Re: The SE Must Get Either The Senate President Or Speaker Of House Of Rep by Onlytruth(m): 10:37pm On Apr 17, 2011
pluto04

Obasanjo did not play any politics of appeasement, neither did Yar adua. Jonathan does not need to appease anyone. He should do whatever he thinks is fair and just for the continued unity of Nigeria.

Anyone who doesn't like it can go hug a wet transformer.  cool
Re: The SE Must Get Either The Senate President Or Speaker Of House Of Rep by ektbear: 10:38pm On Apr 17, 2011
@sbeezy8 & Ileke-Idi: What is the point of partitioning Kwara when 70-80%+ of the population of that state is Yoruba? Or Yoruba speakers? I'm against any division whatsoever of that land.

Western Kogi, sure.

Anyway, this new state stuff is sort of odd to me. Seems like it will raise administrative costs w/o adding much value. Should be reducing the # of states rather than increasing them, in my opinion. Problem is revenue formula is coupled with # of states. Why not simply decouple, then reduce the # of states?
Re: The SE Must Get Either The Senate President Or Speaker Of House Of Rep by Nchara: 10:39pm On Apr 17, 2011
Either equal number of states per zone or scrap all states and lets do with zones only.
Re: The SE Must Get Either The Senate President Or Speaker Of House Of Rep by sbeezy8: 10:40pm On Apr 17, 2011
EzeUche_:

The only state that should be created is Anioma state.

There is universal consensus about this.

by who? LOL
Re: The SE Must Get Either The Senate President Or Speaker Of House Of Rep by Onlytruth(m): 10:40pm On Apr 17, 2011
@Nchara

Thank You!
Re: The SE Must Get Either The Senate President Or Speaker Of House Of Rep by Nobody: 10:42pm On Apr 17, 2011
ekt_bear:

@sbeezy8 & Ileke-Idi: What is the point of partitioning Kwara when 70-80%+ of the population of that state is Yoruba? Or Yoruba speakers? I'm against any division whatsoever of that land.

Western Kogi, sure.

Anyway, this new state stuff is sort of odd to me. Seems like it will raise administrative costs w/o adding much value. Should be reducing the # of states rather than increasing them, in my opinion. Problem is revenue formula is coupled with # of states. Why not simply decouple, then reduce the # of states?

The main reason why the SE is asking for a new state is for the equalization of the geopolitical zones. Not because it adds value or not. They're not thinking about how much it would add or subtract  from Nigeria
Re: The SE Must Get Either The Senate President Or Speaker Of House Of Rep by ektbear: 10:46pm On Apr 17, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

The main reason why the SE is asking for a new state is for the equalization of the geopolitical zones. Not because it adds value or not. They're not thinking about how much it would add or subtract  from Nigeria

No, I realize that. And if every zone will get a new state for revenue purposes, then either remove Western Kogi and move it to the SW, or partition Oyo.

But Kwara must remain whole cool
Re: The SE Must Get Either The Senate President Or Speaker Of House Of Rep by paddylo1(m): 11:08pm On Apr 17, 2011
Of course the Senate president is coming to the South East

and i believe comrade Uche Chukwumerije. . of Abia state will be our next SENATE PRESIDO

Of course the south east deserve more. . .for coming out en masse and saving Nigeria once again (as usual)

This time together with the NC and SW. . . .
Re: The SE Must Get Either The Senate President Or Speaker Of House Of Rep by jason123: 11:13pm On Apr 17, 2011
Some of you guys are really annoying me. Have you forgotten that there is NO ZONING? What sort of double talk is this? NO TO ZONING BUT YES TO MERIT!!! COME 2015 FASHOLA/AMECHI TICKET OR NO NIGERIA
Re: The SE Must Get Either The Senate President Or Speaker Of House Of Rep by Nchara: 11:17pm On Apr 17, 2011
jason123:

Some of you guys are really annoying me. Have you forgotten that there is NO ZONING? What sort of double talk is this? NO TO ZONING BUT YES TO MERIT!!! COME 2015 FASHOLA/AMECHI TICKET OR NO NIGERIA

Fashol (ACN) and Amechi (PDP)

How come, are are you drunk? Or Fashola will join PDP? Buahahahah! Losers and their senseless permutations.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mother Drags Rioting Son Into Court - Britain's Youngest Looter (11yrs Old) / Falana Urges Fg To Prosecute Obasanjo & Others Involved In Privatization Scandal / Igbo Can’t Blackmail North–waku-‘go Home If You’re Tired Of Staying’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.