Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,446 members, 7,816,028 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:02 AM

Electricity Fraud - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Electricity Fraud (343 Views)

Vandals Blow Up Electricity Transmission Line In Bauchi / Thief Loses His Memory In Delta As Electricity Shock Him While Stealing. Photos / Policeman Breaks Electricity Worker’s Leg For Disconnecting Ex-ig’s House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Electricity Fraud by ADEMALAIKA2: 1:38am On Apr 02, 2021
Good morning.

Yesterday ,it was my turn to keep the prepaid metre in my house .I am to get the money from all the remaining 3 tenants and recharge .

Each flat is to pay #2,500 each .One of the neighbours said he will pay tomorrow but when I got home ,I find our street have power supply but we didnt only to find out we have exhausted our units .My wife already gotten #5,000 from two neighbours and since I dont want my son to sleep without putting on fan ,I just decided to pay online to get the token and what I got surprised me.

I decided to pay the #10,000 and get a refund of the remaining #,2500 later from other neighbour.

Can you believe I paid #10,000 only to be credited with units worth of #4,600.The balance of over #5,000 have been used to settle old bill. Funniest thing is that ,since I came into this house ,i have never owed the landlord PHCN bill.Same as my neighbours .

I just tried to run a history of the metre since we started using the prepaid since September or so and I was shocked to see that we have paid an outstanding bill of #50,000(including the new recharge ) which we knew nothing about.

What can we call this?

Is this a fraud or normal thing ?

I remember the landlord once told us he only loaded #22,000 old debt on the metre which we all went against but since we didnt have choice then ,we agreed and collected the prepaid metre from him but seeing this huge difference shock me and I dont even know when the outstanding bill will be paid completely .

He doesn't use our metre and I am not too sure if he is not even using the metre to pump water (another issue)though he claimed the pumping machine is linked with his own metre .

Note:Please ,is there anyway I can view how much was loaded as an outstanding to clear??

It is now clear you cant even see how much outstanding you are charged when you dont pay online ..

Pardon my error pls.

Re: Electricity Fraud by Whobedatte(m): 3:35am On Apr 02, 2021
Remove it from your next house rent
Re: Electricity Fraud by Viraltrends123: 9:51am On Mar 12, 2022
ADEMALAIKA2:
Good morning.

Yesterday ,it was my turn to keep the prepaid metre in my house .I am to get the money from all the remaining 3 tenants and recharge .

Each flat is to pay #2,500 each .One of the neighbours said he will pay tomorrow but when I got home ,I find our street have power supply but we didnt only to find out we have exhausted our units .My wife already gotten #5,000 from two neighbours and since I dont want my son to sleep without putting on fan ,I just decided to pay online to get the token and what I got surprised me.

I decided to pay the #10,000 and get a refund of the remaining #,2500 later from other neighbour.

Can you believe I paid #10,000 only to be credited with units worth of #4,600.The balance of over #5,000 have been used to settle old bill. Funniest thing is that ,since I came into this house ,i have never owed the landlord PHCN bill.Same as my neighbours .

I just tried to run a history of the metre since we started using the prepaid since September or so and I was shocked to see that we have paid an outstanding bill of #50,000(including the new recharge ) which we knew nothing about.

What can we call this?

Is this a fraud or normal thing ?

I remember the landlord once told us he only loaded #22,000 old debt on the metre which we all went against but since we didnt have choice then ,we agreed and collected the prepaid metre from him but seeing this huge difference shock me and I dont even know when the outstanding bill will be paid completely .

He doesn't use our metre and I am not too sure if he is not even using the metre to pump water (another issue)though he claimed the pumping machine is linked with his own metre .

Note:Please ,is there anyway I can view how much was loaded as an outstanding to clear??

It is now clear you cant even see how much outstanding you are charged when you dont pay online ..

Pardon my error pls.
Please I will like to know how you pay yourself, And how you were able to check all your details yourself

(1) (Reply)

Police Blame Suspected Herdsmen For Kidnap Of Imo Priest / The Lady Amputee Has Lost Her #25m To Lies / Bandits Abduct Miyetti Allah Chairman In Kogi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.