Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,069 members, 7,835,607 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:26 PM

Auto Gurus Pls Advice Me On This Car - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Auto Gurus Pls Advice Me On This Car (614 Views)

Where Is Cosplay??? These Auto Gurus Are Having A Field Day. / I Have A Budget Of 800k To 900k, Car Gurus Which Vehicle Do You Advise I Buy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Auto Gurus Pls Advice Me On This Car by nabiz(m): 11:10am On Apr 02, 2021
I got this offer in Lagos for 1.4million. I am buying it for my wife who is a first timer. Pls what is the maintenance like. How durable is it. Can some one use it and hustle for uber in case things get tight. Looking at this, what model is this?

Can I pay you to go and inspect it for me before paying? Thanks

Re: Auto Gurus Pls Advice Me On This Car by nabiz(m): 11:32am On Apr 02, 2021
Pls advice me. I dont want to mak a mistake
Re: Auto Gurus Pls Advice Me On This Car by peeps4u: 11:34am On Apr 02, 2021
nabiz:
I got this over in Lagos for 1.4million. I am buy it for my wife who is a first timer. Pls what is the maintenance like. How durable is it. Can some one use air and hustle for uber in case things get tight. Looking at this, what model is this?

If the car has no issue, it is a fair price for 1.4m.

This is Toyota Camry(spider) if I'm right, popularly or simply called muscle Camry. The production started from year 2007 but I can't say which year is this. Other car gurus should be able to tell the year.

I don't think muscle camry generally has any peculiar stubborn mechanical problems except the normal issues any car can have. It is a durable car and you can see it litters everywhere, the car fits old, young, rich and average individuals.

Is it 4 plug? I asked this because a 4 plug car will safe you more fuel than V6 for uber work. Yes, you can use it for uber if things are tight at any moment, provided you will drive it yourself, don't give it out for rental.

Many people are using it for uber full time but it is driven mostly by the owner drivers.

Good luck and congrats on the purchase

Hi blackbishop, do you do paid inspection?

2 Likes

Re: Auto Gurus Pls Advice Me On This Car by Pochettino(f): 11:48am On Apr 02, 2021
peeps4u:

Is it 4 plug? I asked this because a 4 plug car will safe you more fuel than V6 for uber work.

Can't you see the "V6" boldly crested on it in the first picture?
Did you not also see where he said he's buying it for his wife as a first timer? undecided
Re: Auto Gurus Pls Advice Me On This Car by peeps4u: 11:51am On Apr 02, 2021
Pochettino:

Can't you see the "V6" boldly crested on it in the first picture?
Did you not also see where he said he's buying it for his wife as a first timer? undecided

My bad, I didn't really view the car in details and didn't see V6.

BTW, did I argue he wasn't buying it for his wife?

2 Likes

Re: Auto Gurus Pls Advice Me On This Car by Pochettino(f): 11:54am On Apr 02, 2021
peeps4u:

My bad, I didn't really view the car in details and didn't see V6.

BTW, did I argue he wasn't buying it for his wife?

So why are you giving him Uber tips?
Re: Auto Gurus Pls Advice Me On This Car by nabiz(m): 12:21pm On Apr 02, 2021
You guys are wonderful. Still need more advice. I want to make my final decision this evening.
Re: Auto Gurus Pls Advice Me On This Car by badoh(m): 12:53pm On Apr 02, 2021
This car is too clean for that price ooo. Do you know the owner very well? If the car is genuine, go with a trusted mechanic to inspect the condition of the gear and engine before you part away with your money.

3 Likes

Re: Auto Gurus Pls Advice Me On This Car by Stockquality: 12:55pm On Apr 02, 2021
Might be a stolen vehicle,it should be sold for 1.8m max as e clean like this. Better run,might be a stolen vehicle
Re: Auto Gurus Pls Advice Me On This Car by Princedevoe(m): 12:59pm On Apr 02, 2021
The car is called muscle in local parlance. It is a reliable car provided the oil is changed regularly, look under it to make the frame is not rutted. Make sure it is made in japan, canada or usa and not Mexico or other countries. Test drive it to be sure it handles smooth. Goodluck!
Re: Auto Gurus Pls Advice Me On This Car by peeps4u: 1:14pm On Apr 02, 2021
Pochettino:

Read very well. He asked if he could use it for uber once in a while
Re: Auto Gurus Pls Advice Me On This Car by bonnyhope: 1:15pm On Apr 02, 2021
Pochettino:

Why the quarrel sef
Re: Auto Gurus Pls Advice Me On This Car by bonnyhope: 1:17pm On Apr 02, 2021
This car should worth more than the stated price
Re: Auto Gurus Pls Advice Me On This Car by noobody(m): 1:34pm On Apr 02, 2021
@nabiz,except it is a distress sale and you know the owner very very well,the price is too good to be true,or badly abused
And kindly confirm,were those the picture the seller sent to you of the car in question,
Because the first two Camry in the pictures are totally diffrent,and I stand to be corrected,the interior pix doesn't look familiar or similar to any Camry muscle I have been in.

So be careful ooo smiley
Re: Auto Gurus Pls Advice Me On This Car by 1Alex: 1:39pm On Apr 02, 2021
nabiz:
I got this offer in Lagos for 1.4million. I am buying it for my wife who is a first timer. Pls what is the maintenance like. How durable is it. Can some one use it and hustle for uber in case things get tight. Looking at this, what model is this?

Op have you physically seen the car or you saw just the pictures? I am asking because

(1) The interior you posted is not that of the vehicle.

(2) The two vehicles in the picture are not the same. The first one is a sport trim while the 2nd is not.

(3) The first one has alloy rims while the 2nd has ordinary wheel covers.

(4) The first one has tinted glass while the 2nd doesn't have.

Open your eyes wella.

Abi eyes dey pain me?
Re: Auto Gurus Pls Advice Me On This Car by nabiz(m): 2:09pm On Apr 02, 2021
1Alex:

Op have you physically seen the car or you saw just the pictures? I am asking because

(1) The interior you posted is not that of the vehicle.

(2) The two vehicles in the picture are not the same. The first one is a sport trim while the 2nd is not.

(3) The first one has alloy rims while the 2nd has ordinary wheel covers.

(4) The first one has tinted glass while the 2nd doesn't have.

Open your eyes wella.

Abi eyes dey pain me?
you guys are wonderful. That is why I am looking for a paid car inspector in lagos. Thanks
Re: Auto Gurus Pls Advice Me On This Car by greggng: 3:43pm On Apr 02, 2021
Scammer always succeed cos people are gullible and greedy ....those looking for cheap cars will always come back here to cry .
Re: Auto Gurus Pls Advice Me On This Car by Blackbishop(m): 5:25pm On Apr 02, 2021
peeps4u:

If the car has no issue, it is a fair price for 1.4m.

This is Toyota Camry(spider) if I'm right, popularly or simply called muscle Camry. The production started from year 2007 but I can't say which year is this. Other car gurus should be able to tell the year.

I don't think muscle camry generally has any peculiar stubborn mechanical problems except the normal issues any car can have. It is a durable car and you can see it litters everywhere, the car fits old, young, rich and average individuals.

Is it 4 plug? I asked this because a 4 plug car will safe you more fuel than V6 for uber work. Yes, you can use it for uber if things are tight at any moment, provided you will drive it yourself, don't give it out for rental.

Many people are using it for uber full time but it is driven mostly by the owner drivers.

Good luck and congrats on the purchase

Hi blackbishop, do you do paid inspection?

Yes at request.
Re: Auto Gurus Pls Advice Me On This Car by PotatoSalad(m): 5:30pm On Apr 02, 2021
Have you seen the car?
Offer smells like fish. Definitely a Salmon.

(1) (Reply)

Just Arrived Fresh Toks 06 Corolla Non Accidented. Full Custom Duty Paid. #2.6m / 2005 Honda EOD Going For 950k / *tokunbo Standard Registered 2008 Honda Accord Evil Spirit With Android System,

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.