Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,401 members, 7,815,875 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:02 PM

In Need Of Pure Breed Boer Goats - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / In Need Of Pure Breed Boer Goats (1088 Views)

Boer Goats For Sale In Nigeria / Yoga With Nigerian Dwarf Goats In USA (Photos) / John Godson's Pilgrim Ranch Loses N15m As Goats & Dogs Were Poisoned In Abia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

In Need Of Pure Breed Boer Goats by Modernist: 12:37pm On Apr 02, 2021
Please I'm in need of pure breed Boer Goats, two adult males and ten females, would suffice. Its for starting a farming venture.
Re: In Need Of Pure Breed Boer Goats by felixzo1(m): 12:43pm On Apr 02, 2021
Modernist:
Please I'm in need of pure breed Boer Goats, two adult males and ten females, would suffice. Its for starting a farming venture.
it will be difficult to find one. even when you get, it will be very expensive. they are usually imported, from south Africa. I knew someone selling 6 years ago for a $1000 in yobe state. crossbreds will be cheaper

2 Likes

Re: In Need Of Pure Breed Boer Goats by Attit: 1:15pm On Apr 02, 2021
I am even scared of advising or helping anyone get anything again. Adulterated, fake, deceptions, etc have flooded the entire Nigeria and will make genuine stuff crazily expensive. To even get genuine is not straight forward and one must tip here and there. Everything about Nigeria is deception these days. And when the one person who tries to do the right thing come, people see it as too expensive or "rip off". Esp newbies...I have had terrible experiences with newbies...but they always return begging for forgiveness. I am happy people are beginning to let others know that these goats sellers are dubious.

I will advise OP to look at AI and cross with whatever cross breed he can get here. By the time he goes on 5 rounds, he will get a stabilized sets of goats very close to full breed. And if God blesses him, he should just import full breeds himself. All those selling here are deceivers.

Another route is using WAD (ND) goats to produce milk. I have about 10 Amercan/Canadian colleagues using them.

I think it's time we realised almost all cattle, sheep, ram goats sellers are all deceivers. This is the truth. To be a pacesetter in any industry is not easy. I spend so much to be a leader in the vegetable industry. And it's time I launched into the world of livestocks.

Let me advise you....go and learn AI. Do it yourself. If you have to travel abroad and spend millions, do it. I could have said people interested should contact me, but the US embassy here get coconut head. Guys who want to go for the training in Texas (via my connection) cannot get interview date this year...imagine getting 2022 dates and trainings are this year. We are in serious wahala in this nation. And these scammers and deceivers will just be having nice time deceiving many more.

May God heal Nigeria fast. Corruption and deception are really hitting Nigeria hard.

2 Likes

Re: In Need Of Pure Breed Boer Goats by Modernist: 1:21pm On Apr 02, 2021
felixzo1:
it will be difficult to find one. even when you get, it will be very expensive. they are usually imported, from south Africa. I knew someone selling 6 years ago for a $1000 in yobe state. crossbreds will be cheaper
Thanks, i just want to start goat farming, i heard of someone selling them in ijebu ode. Not sure if this is true. But thanks for the advise.
Re: In Need Of Pure Breed Boer Goats by Modernist: 1:23pm On Apr 02, 2021
Attit:
I am even scared of advising or helping anyone get anything again. Adulterated, fake, deceptions, etc have flooded the entire Nigeria and will make genuine stuff crazily expensive. To even get genuine is not straight forward and one must tip here and there. Everything about Nigeria is deception these days. And when the one person who tries to do the right thing come, people see it as too expensive or "rip off". Esp newbies...I have had terrible experiences with newbies...but they always return begging for forgiveness. I am happy people are beginning to let others know that these goats sellers are dubious.

I will advise OP to look at AI and cross with whatever cross breed he can get here. By the time he goes on 5 rounds, he will get a stabilized sets of goats very close to full breed. And if God blesses him, he should just import full breeds himself. All those selling here are deceivers.

Another route is using WAD (ND) goats to produce milk. I have about 10 Amercan/Canadian colleagues using them.

I think it's time we realised almost all cattle, sheep, ram goats sellers are all deceivers. This is the truth. To be a pacesetter in any industry is not easy. I spend so much to be a leader in the vegetable industry. And it's time I launched into the world of livestocks.

Let me advise you....go and learn AI. Do it yourself. If you have to travel abroad and spend millions, do it. I could have said people interested should contact me, but the US embassy here get coconut head. Guys who want to go for the training in Texas (via my connection) cannot get interview date this year...imagine getting 2022 dates and trainings are this year. We are in serious wahala in this nation. And these scammers and deceivers will just be having nice time deceiving many more.

May God heal Nigeria fast. Corruption and deception are really hitting Nigeria hard.
This AI you're talking about, how good is the breed can i get pictures, i wanna do something different because it seems like everyone is into west Africa dwarf goats, and i don't think I've heard of this AI before.
Re: In Need Of Pure Breed Boer Goats by Attit: 1:34pm On Apr 02, 2021
Modernist:
This AI you're talking about, how good is the breed can i get pictures, i wanna do something different because it seems like everyone is into west Africa dwarf goats, and i don't think I've heard of this AI before.
WAD = West African Dwarf
ND = Nigerian Dwarf
Both are same but WAD is with wider breeds. Americans always get the ones from Naija. At least, they produce reasonable milk. If you know how to take care of them, and you can grow pasture for them, they are ok. But forget about using them for meat. So, what you think isa bad breed is a super breed, but not for meat. And it is known all over the world among goat rearers.

AI = Artificial Insemination. For example, you buy a female from the Ijebu man you talked about (if you can see the features of the breed you are looking for with him), and then you import sperm of a full breed, then inject it into the female here. You know the female here is not full breed, but he will keep telling you it is full...but na lie. Go and research well, 3 months old Boer can get to 30kg if you take care of it well. But their own boer of 9 months will not even reach 15kg. Lol. I know many SA (South African) farms that sells them for meat from 3 months. And the meat of the kids are tender. They dont really wait for it to get to over 100kg at times. So, when the kids are grown, get full breed sperm again and inject them. Do it for 5 generations...I am sure you will get almost full breed...or it will even be better than full breed. This is genetics and reproduction.

3 Likes

Re: In Need Of Pure Breed Boer Goats by Kehfie(f): 5:00pm On Apr 02, 2021
Modernist:
WhatsApp this number for more information on the goats you are looking for. Pilgrim Ranch Whatsapp
Mobile +48 501 534 450
Mobile +48501534450
Re: In Need Of Pure Breed Boer Goats by felixzo1(m): 8:42pm On Apr 02, 2021
Kehfie:

WhatsApp this number for more information on the goats you are looking for. Pilgrim Ranch Whatsapp
Mobile +48 501 534 450
Mobile +48501534450
post pictures and images here, for benefit of others if you are legitimate and has a physical address we can visit
Re: In Need Of Pure Breed Boer Goats by Kehfie(f): 12:00am On Apr 03, 2021
felixzo1:
post pictures and images here, for benefit of others if you are legitimate and has a physical address we can visit
I'm not a seller. I only referred someone who I know deals with foreign goat breeds. You can google Pilgrim Ranch, Umuahia, run by John Godson Abraham, and also check him on facebook.
Re: In Need Of Pure Breed Boer Goats by Attit: 1:03pm On Apr 03, 2021
Kehfie:

I'm not a seller. I only referred someone who I know deals with foreign goat breeds. You can google Pilgrim Ranch, Umuahia, run by John Godson Abraham, and also check him on facebook.
I read about the guy and got to know that someone poisoned his boer goats (I think 15 or so) and his 3 boerboel dogs (not still sure they are full breeds, except I am sure he imports them himself). And they were all valued at 17million naira or so. Hmmmm! What caught my attention is his fluent polish speaking ability and the first PM in the history of Poland. That is huge. But then, I am trying to understand why he has been living in Nigeria for 5 or 6 years now? Why quit Poland where he has been established as a politician? Did he lose an election? I am interested in this guy more than his boer goats. angry His way of thinking will definitely will different.

Honestly speaking having full breed of Boer is hot cake. I am thinking of it myself. My own challenge is workers. Imagine how they poisoned his animals. Just imagine. Workers are the main reason I am not impressed to do so much. And you can imagine shipping some here and then, there is no progress. Even the person who sells it to one won't be impressed. I am still looking for that one person who can be faithful with me while I move out to look for modern techniques and styles to get the job done easier. There are investors around, but getting farm helping hands who can make a farm move forward is the biggest challenge in Nigeria (I think my northern friends are exceptionally in this area...they are loyal to themselves).

1 Like

Re: In Need Of Pure Breed Boer Goats by Kehfie(f): 1:20pm On Apr 03, 2021
Attit:

I read about the guy and got to know that someone poisoned his boer goats (I think 15 or so) and his 3 boerboel dogs (not still sure they are full breeds, except I am sure he imports them himself). And they were all valued at 17million naira or so. Hmmmm! What caught my attention is his fluent polish speaking ability and the first PM in the history of Poland. That is huge. But then, I am trying to understand why he has been living in Nigeria for 5 or 6 years now? Why quit Poland where he has been established as a politician? Did he lose an election? I am interested in this guy more than his boer goats. angry His way of thinking will definitely will different.

Honestly speaking having full breed of Boer is hot cake. I am thinking of it myself. My own challenge is workers. Imagine how they poisoned his animals. Just imagine. Workers are the main reason I am not impressed to do so much. And you can imagine shipping some here and then, there is no progress. Even the person who sells it to one won't be impressed. I am still looking for that one person who can be faithful with me while I move out to look for modern techniques and styles to get the job done easier. There are investors around, but getting farm helping hands who can make a farm move forward is the biggest challenge in Nigeria (I think my northern friends are exceptionally in this area...they are loyal to themselves).

He really is an interesting character.
Wishing you the best in the search for faithful and committed workers.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

TME 419 Cassava Tubers For Sales Over 20 Tones / Introduction To Agriculture (virtual Training Course) / How To Create Jobs For All Nairalanders - Fishery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.