Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,274 members, 7,829,613 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:36 AM

Nigerians Blast Toyin Abraham Over Her New Movie “the Prophetess” - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Nigerians Blast Toyin Abraham Over Her New Movie “the Prophetess” (3864 Views)

Toyin Lawani's Nun's Outfit To 'The Prophetess' Movie Premiere Sparks Outrage / Nigerians Blast Toyin Abraham For Sharing Full Video Of Her Childbirth / "Different Babies From Different Father" - Bobrisky Blast Toyin Lawani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Blast Toyin Abraham Over Her New Movie “the Prophetess” by yanga24(m): 7:05am On Apr 03, 2021
Popular Nollywood actress, Toyin Abraham has been dragged on social media over her newly released movie, The Prophetess.
Recall, the much anticipated movie, “The Prophetess” which was produced and directed by Niyi Akinmolayan and stars Toyin Abraham as lead cast, premiered last weekend and started screening today at the cinemas nationwide.

However, upon seeing the movie today, a popular movie critic on Instagram, Cinema Pointer described it as trash, “Not Recommended. Chaotic and noisy, ‘The Prophetess’ is One Hundred and Forty Four minutes of nonsense.”
Source: https://www.cuzideas.com/nigerians-blast-toyin-abraham-over-her-new-movie-the-prophetess

Re: Nigerians Blast Toyin Abraham Over Her New Movie “the Prophetess” by Soolmus: 7:11am On Apr 03, 2021
Toyin Abraham's movies are more of comedy. Unfortunately nothing is funny in Nigeria due to harsh economy

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Blast Toyin Abraham Over Her New Movie “the Prophetess” by Liposure: 7:53am On Apr 03, 2021
Let's encourage her.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Blast Toyin Abraham Over Her New Movie “the Prophetess” by agbekeOreke86(f): 8:56am On Apr 03, 2021
I havnt seen the movie though...

Truth is Toyin can be funny sometimes....but she is kinndda starting to over-do it...

I liked her better when she was natural and effortless...

Now she's gradually turning to Odunlade-'awon OVERDO'!!!!!

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Blast Toyin Abraham Over Her New Movie “the Prophetess” by Sucremamito1: 9:20am On Apr 03, 2021
Hmmm

Re: Nigerians Blast Toyin Abraham Over Her New Movie “the Prophetess” by WoundedLamb: 5:05pm On Apr 03, 2021
Title says "Nigerians" while the body cites a nameless critic on Instagram.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Blast Toyin Abraham Over Her New Movie “the Prophetess” by dangotesmummy: 5:10pm On Apr 03, 2021
I might not be much of a fan of Nollywood but he should please hush it

If you want to criticize, make it constructive not destructive.ive not watched the movie though but the way you ran down someone's sweat is not cool

Ok you said it's thrash and nonsense

Identify where the thrash is and how it can be rectified.there is no objectivity in his criticisms

If you want to criticize at least recommend solutions for how it can be done better,if you cannot then shut the Bleep up

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Blast Toyin Abraham Over Her New Movie “the Prophetess” by dangotesmummy: 5:14pm On Apr 03, 2021
WoundedLamb:
Title says "Nigerians" while the body cites a nameless critic on Instagram.
exactly
Re: Nigerians Blast Toyin Abraham Over Her New Movie “the Prophetess” by dangotesmummy: 5:15pm On Apr 03, 2021
agbekeOreke86:
I havnt seen the movie though...

Truth is Toyin can be funny sometimes....but she is kinndda starting to over-do it...

I liked her better when she was natural and effortless...

Now she's gradually turning to Odunlade-'awon OVERDO'!!!!!
I agree with you that she is beginning to force her humour which is beginning to look very fake.

Meanwhile Funke Akindele is just her natural self when she plays humour and non humour scenes

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Blast Toyin Abraham Over Her New Movie “the Prophetess” by agbekeOreke86(f): 8:59pm On Apr 03, 2021
dangotesmummy:
I agree with you that she is beginning to force her humour which is beginning to look very fake.

Meanwhile Funke Akindele is just her natural self when she plays humour and non humour scenes
oooohh....thanks for catching my drift ma,'am....she's starting to look and sound stale...

She needs to calm down...she is a terriffic actress and an apt role interpreter...she dosnt need the extra "asheju'!

She naturally got it in her!
Re: Nigerians Blast Toyin Abraham Over Her New Movie “the Prophetess” by dangotesmummy: 9:11pm On Apr 03, 2021
agbekeOreke86:
oooohh....thanks for catching my drift ma,'am....she's starting to look and sound stale...

She needs to calm down...she is a terriffic actress and an apt role interpreter...she dosnt need the extra "asheju'!

She naturally got it in her!
yeah

I notice she ALSO cracks the Same old jokes and reformats her story lines bringing nothing new. the only thing she does is over hype her movies.for example alakada reloaded was more like a repeat and totally unnecessary

Even my daughter was saying her jokes aren't really funny the way she pushes it

If you see someone who's naturally funny, even if he's doing somethings unconsciously he'll still be funny but Toyin needs to stop being extra. the way she's going about it if care isn't taken,she will fade

Look at jenifa on the other hand it's obvious it's Innate for her and she no dey overdo.when she sees the ovation is the loudest,she will withdraw and she doesn't crave or do everything for attention the way Toyin is going about it.yes she's passionate and hardworking about her work but she should look at how Funke has handled Fame and career

Then back to the movie critic, sometimes he does not give objective criticisms.ok you thrashed toyins movie that it's nonsense and all of that.agreed but you refused to point out ideas or give suggestions on what she could have done to make it better.if you must judge at least have a recommendation or solutions if not it's just sheer running down

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Blast Toyin Abraham Over Her New Movie “the Prophetess” by agbekeOreke86(f): 9:43pm On Apr 03, 2021
dangotesmummy:
yeah

I notice she ALSO cracks the Same old jokes and reformats her story lines bringing nothing new. the only thing she does is over hype her movies.for example alakada reloaded was more like a repeat and totally unnecessary

Even my daughter was saying her jokes aren't really funny the way she pushes it

If you see someone who's naturally funny, even if he's doing somethings unconsciously he'll still be funny but Toyin needs to stop being extra. the way she's going about it if care isn't taken,she will fade

Look at jenifa on the other hand it's obvious it's Innate for her and she no dey overdo.when she sees the ovation is the loudest,she will withdraw and she doesn't crave or do everything for attention the way Toyin is going about it.yes she's passionate and hardworking about her work but she should look at how Funke has handled Fame and career

Then back to the movie critic, sometimes he does not give objective criticisms.ok you thrashed toyins movie that it's nonsense and all of that.agreed but you refused to point out ideas or give suggestions on what she could have done to make it better.if you must judge at least have a recommendation or solutions if not it's just sheer running down
uv said it all iyaammii....alakada reloaded was arrant nonsense....and some of her recent movies on netflix.

Funke dosnt release flicks everytime...she hides and blows it hawwtt...then she leaves silently when the hype is loud...

'Olorun je ki a kuro loju agbo nigbati ijo ba shii niyi....ki oluwa re ma loo tee ooo'!!!!!
Hmnnnnm!!!!!!
Re: Nigerians Blast Toyin Abraham Over Her New Movie “the Prophetess” by phyya(f): 3:59am On Apr 04, 2021
I just saw the movie yesterday and thought the same thing too. Mehn, it was 70% trash. Exactly what I said, she overdid it. I don't like when actors are forcefully trying to be funny. It seems very fake. Imagine she acting like she had a lisp in the movie, in some scenes she spoke normally. It was irritating to see.
Anyways, it might just be me.

(1) (Reply)

Cameroonian Gospel Singer Hailed By African First Ladies At The United Nations / Top 12 World’s Wealthiest Men Of All Time! / [Photos] Yvonne Nelson Shares New Stunning Bikini Body

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.