Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,042 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:40 AM

Help - Car From Ghana To Nigeria - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Help - Car From Ghana To Nigeria (2257 Views)

Pre-order Your Car From Germany with just 100,000 + picturesss / Help! - Car Refuses To Engage Reverse Or Drive Gear - Auto Trans / We Can Help You Clear Your Desired Car From Coutonu Port To Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help - Car From Ghana To Nigeria by Nobody: 7:25am On Apr 18, 2011
Dear Nairalanders,
A ghanaian colleague is about bring his car from Ghana to be used in Nigeria and as soon as his work finish, he would take the car back to Ghana. The car is registered in Ghana and he has the document from Ghanian custom on the coverage. He also has an international drivers licence.

At Nigeria point of entry (Seme Board), what are the duties or document to pay for and how much? Or any other requirements? Because the car is to be used in FCT.

Please your candid explanation will be highly appreciated,
Re: Help - Car From Ghana To Nigeria by KunleA2(m): 4:58pm On Apr 18, 2011
From my understanding, the Nigerian Customs will require you to made a deposit (i forgot exactly how much. But i think $1000) which will be refunded back to you when you bring the car back from Nigeria.

I inquired about this about 2 years ago while i was vacationing in Ghana.

Rules may have changed now. But definitely you are not driving in free. Ghana plates or not.

Regards.
Re: Help - Car From Ghana To Nigeria by Operation(m): 7:46pm On Apr 28, 2011
I have a car i keep in togo but bring it over quite often, u need all ur normal docus, then at the border you will have to deposit some cash, it was quite a lot, def more than $1000. u get a lesse passe for a month. wen u go out u get ur deposit back 100%, the next time he crosses he wont need to pay any deposit. the first time is always the hardest,
Get him to pay a tout to help, they know wat they are doing and even though its annoying if its ur first time it will save a lot of hassle
Re: Help - Car From Ghana To Nigeria by larryshow4(m): 5:59am On Apr 29, 2011
@Poster,

With the New relationship with the west african countries. You can get a Lesa Passe! Its a document that enables you drive around west african countries. For nigerians too that want to drive there car in Ghana, they do the document too. You could ask at your boarder down there in Ghana, they would give you the procedure, It shouldn't be more than 12,000Naira or less. Depending.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Classic Peugeot 307 2006 Model For 650k / Neat Tokunbo Bmw 320i 2000 @ 1.5M(08096577304) / Few Month Registered 97 Nissan Quest For 500K

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.