Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,455 members, 7,816,050 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:11 AM

What Would U Do To Change Nigeria If U Were In Pmb's Shoes - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Would U Do To Change Nigeria If U Were In Pmb's Shoes (1427 Views)

20tri Naira: Could This Be The Biggest Fraud In Pmb's Government? / 2019: Unveiling Those Who Want To Be Governors In PMB ’s Cabinet / BREAKING: The Woman Who Mistakenly Voted For PDP In PMB Unit During Katsina Nort (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Would U Do To Change Nigeria If U Were In Pmb's Shoes by richmond500: 12:50pm On Apr 03, 2021
OK guys, I am not good with writing so I'll keep this brief, also I had to make it look like a question so others could contribute.

Recently the country has been difficult and we always Blame the govt instead of give solutions that could salvage the issue.

So what do u think the country lacks and how can this be corrected
I just wanted an honest unbiased, non-political, non-tribalistic answer biko.
with minimal insults cos most cant do without insults.

I am giving u all a hypothetical online Nigeria, lead us and show qualities of a good leader grin

I'll go first....
Re: What Would U Do To Change Nigeria If U Were In Pmb's Shoes by richmond500: 12:50pm On Apr 03, 2021
Personally, I feel what we lack is the right information.
I asked a guy, what will u do to make things better if Biafra was given. He said "lets get the country first, u will see with ur eyes, we wont share the info". Lol, i am sure he doesn't know what to change if his conditions were met.
Seriously, we need some motivations and knowledge of entrepreneurial activities, which is really lacking in Nigeria.
The govt isn't helping either, they only sell knowledge of politics to us and that is what we buy. What if we put half the strength we put in politics into entrepreneurial activities, things will start getting into shape
Take NL as a case study, go to technology section and check active people, they aren't up to 100persons and most of the thread is about how to win big in bet9ja, like seriously we lack entrepreneurial fire and as a result we find jobless people who do all kind of odd things like yahoo, prostitution to survive and this so the country's reputation in international consciousness.
Entrepreneurial turn out is very low. Kiosk and gala selling won't help the economy, u hardly see people talking about business ideas because we don't have it,
but come to politics, omo, u will see up to 2,000 viewing the section (both members and guests).
An average Nigeria is far much more interested in Davido's current girlfriend and how old is Tinubu than he/she is in technology development
We may blame the govt but if things aren't checked, the next set of govt will be worse and one day a governor might stake 2odds with states allocations.

SOLUTION
Just a national TV station that talks about the life of some great entrepreneurs who build their business from scratch will be fine and build motivation , once everyweek(probably Sunday evening) there will be a program where the likes of Dangote, Otedola, Lulu Briggs etc will be invited to talk a thing or two about their life, it may not get much attention at first but with time it will gain momentum, if its done daily, it may just look boring

CONCLUSION
If we don't act fast, no matter what we do, we won't get anywhere, if u give Npower 30k, as long as someone doesn't know what to do with it, its useless. If u like build rail line from Port Harcourt to Tunisia, it will be useless.

just my opinion, no insult, u can add urs.

cc Dominique, lalasticlala, mynd44 seun

6 Likes

Re: What Would U Do To Change Nigeria If U Were In Pmb's Shoes by donbachi(m): 12:56pm On Apr 03, 2021
Gather all of them together..and give GOD all the glory.
Re: What Would U Do To Change Nigeria If U Were In Pmb's Shoes by Nobody: 1:00pm On Apr 03, 2021
Impossible...only those in the morgue are fit to be in his shoes

1 Like

Re: What Would U Do To Change Nigeria If U Were In Pmb's Shoes by Nobody: 1:05pm On Apr 03, 2021
I will first of all strengthen and tighten the security system of the country. Even if it means employing the assistance of external forces and foreign security agencies until peace and calm is restored.

Then I'll fund and encourage the farming sector and make sure every state goes into general farming.

I'll create a govt owned manufacturing and production companies then improve the existing ones to create employment opportunities for the masses. Everyone must be employed no matter their level.

Next will be to build houses for everyone and I plan to achieve this feat by reducing the number of houses an individual should own.
If one person has more than one property, he'll be allowed to pick only one of his choice and give up the rest for the govt to convert for Mass building.

After this exercise, all the extra houses and lands recovered will be demolished and I'll erect new structures for the masses so they can at least be able to afford housing at a very cheap rate of 1k per month and 12k per annum.

Then I'll improve the health sector by equipping it with topnotch quality medical facilities and equipments.

These are the most pressing needs that I'll first tackle then gradually attend to the others.

I sincerely wish to become the president.

1 Like

Re: What Would U Do To Change Nigeria If U Were In Pmb's Shoes by Righteousness2(m): 1:08pm On Apr 03, 2021
I will Lead in the Fear of GOD with no Partiality or Favouritism in any form.
I will Lead by Example. Whatever I say should not be Done will begin with Me.
Re: What Would U Do To Change Nigeria If U Were In Pmb's Shoes by richmond500: 1:15pm On Apr 03, 2021
MejiLoyon:
Impossible...only those in the morgue are fit to be in his shoes
I am saying if u are fortunate/unfortunate to be Nigerians president with this kind of insecurity and bitterness in the country.

I want to know if basic knowledge can lead the country and our govt are below average or are we expecting 2much from the govt?
Re: What Would U Do To Change Nigeria If U Were In Pmb's Shoes by Simplyleo: 1:16pm On Apr 03, 2021
I will grant online country within 24 hrs and ensure everybody moves to his country within 2 weeks.

Having done that, I will also ensure no economic tie between Nigeria and online country so that there won't be any excuse for inter movement. cheesy
Re: What Would U Do To Change Nigeria If U Were In Pmb's Shoes by richmond500: 1:20pm On Apr 03, 2021
Simplyleo:
I will grant online country within 24 hrs and ensure everybody moves to his country within 2 weeks.

Having done that, I will also ensure no economic tie between Nigeria and online country so that there won't be any excuse for inter movement. cheesy
OK, I just wanted an honest unbiased, non-political, non-tribalistic answer
Re: What Would U Do To Change Nigeria If U Were In Pmb's Shoes by Simplyleo: 1:23pm On Apr 03, 2021
richmond500:
OK, I just wanted an honest unbiased, non-political, non-tribalistic answer
That is 100% exactly what I will do if I have my way.

Enough of useless rants about "let's go our separate ways"

I really want to see how a country becomes Dubai in Africa, devoid of crime and other similar vices.
Re: What Would U Do To Change Nigeria If U Were In Pmb's Shoes by tommy589(m): 1:26pm On Apr 03, 2021
I will lead by example. I am sure I will be shot dead before the end of my first term or rigged out not to contest second term

1 There will be no importation of any tokunbo products or parts. I will visit very high tariff on imported daily need items. Importers of shoes,clothes, vehicles etc won't find it easy. Manufacturing industries to create mass employment will spring up
2 Extensive road construction projects to be executed mostly by ministry of works, not contractors. Just like IBB directorate of food and road rural construction, but this will come with farm settlements,power supply etc
3 Mass metering and jail terms/huge fine for illegal connection. Electric charges to be increased. No subsidy.
4 Abolition of fuel subsidy
5 Each tertiary institution and medical center to receive billions of direct funding from the budget. DG/Rector/VC to give break down of spending publicly each year.
6 Increase in minimum wages. Quarter of the work force in some government establishment will have to go home. Many can not justify salaries received.
And many more to do grin
Re: What Would U Do To Change Nigeria If U Were In Pmb's Shoes by richmond500: 1:26pm On Apr 03, 2021
Simplyleo:

That is 100% exactly what I will do if I have my way.

OK, so how will giving online country stop banditry, yahoo, prostitution.
We blame govt but we have no solution to our immediate problems, if we remove PMB and put some other person, it will be same thing but na we go insult Buhari pass
Re: What Would U Do To Change Nigeria If U Were In Pmb's Shoes by richmond500: 1:27pm On Apr 03, 2021
tommy589:
I will lead by example. I am sure I will be shot dead before the end of my first term or rigged out not to contest second term
u haven't proffer solution to Nigerians problem yet
Re: What Would U Do To Change Nigeria If U Were In Pmb's Shoes by richmond500: 1:28pm On Apr 03, 2021
Righteousness2:
I will Lead in the Fear of GOD with no Partiality or Favouritism in any form.
I will Lead by Example. Whatever I say should not be Done will begin with Me.
OK, thats great
Re: What Would U Do To Change Nigeria If U Were In Pmb's Shoes by nakaman: 1:28pm On Apr 03, 2021
from what I have seen, there is nothing anyone can do, there is always a boss, who bosses the boss that is bossing the country, if there is any disagreements among bosses, and the people suffer, the front boss(president) is held responsible.
let's unite to divide this nation. no solution.
Re: What Would U Do To Change Nigeria If U Were In Pmb's Shoes by Simplyleo: 1:28pm On Apr 03, 2021
richmond500:
OK, so how will giving online country stop banditry, yahoo, prostitution.
We blame govt but we have no solution to our immediate problems, if we remove PMB and put some other person, it will be same thing but na we go insult Buhari pass
That one concern citizens of the countries.

It is projected that online country will be devoid of banditry, Yahoo and prostitution.
Re: What Would U Do To Change Nigeria If U Were In Pmb's Shoes by Ohizfly(m): 1:29pm On Apr 03, 2021
I'll restore military government
Re: What Would U Do To Change Nigeria If U Were In Pmb's Shoes by richmond500: 1:30pm On Apr 03, 2021
Ohizfly:
I'll restore military government
that will stop prostitution?
Re: What Would U Do To Change Nigeria If U Were In Pmb's Shoes by richmond500: 1:30pm On Apr 03, 2021
Simplyleo:

It is projected that online country will be devoid of banditry, Yahoo and prostitution.
grin u are just a troll.
I'm trying to be serious here mehn
Re: What Would U Do To Change Nigeria If U Were In Pmb's Shoes by Simplyleo: 1:34pm On Apr 03, 2021
richmond500:
grin u are just a troll.
I'm trying to be serious here mehn
I'm 100% serious.

Maybe I should contest and use that as my campaign manifesto.

Then, an agreement will be reached that if I don't carry out this promise within shortest possible time, I should be removed from office.
Re: What Would U Do To Change Nigeria If U Were In Pmb's Shoes by longetivity(m): 1:35pm On Apr 03, 2021
I'll take 100m out my national cake and travel to a saner clime with my whole family, and we'll never return.
Re: What Would U Do To Change Nigeria If U Were In Pmb's Shoes by richmond500: 1:35pm On Apr 03, 2021
Simplyleo:

Actually, I would be happy if this thread hit FP, I just want to know what those shouting and insulting PMB/governors will do if they were in same shoes
Re: What Would U Do To Change Nigeria If U Were In Pmb's Shoes by Simplyleo: 1:37pm On Apr 03, 2021
richmond500:
Actually, I would be happy if this thread hit FP, I just want to know what those shouting and insulting PMB/governors will do if they were in same shoes
You may call the attention of mynd44 and lalasticlala so we can see what they will do.

But for me, I don talk wetin I go do.
Re: What Would U Do To Change Nigeria If U Were In Pmb's Shoes by optionalY09: 1:38pm On Apr 03, 2021
I will deliver myself to ICC to be prosecuted
Re: What Would U Do To Change Nigeria If U Were In Pmb's Shoes by Ohizfly(m): 1:39pm On Apr 03, 2021
richmond500:
that will stop prostitution?
It is often argued that military rule in Nigeria made no positive impact to the country but that is a fallacy. There were significant developments initiated during the military Era that actually contributed positively to Nigeria. In this article, i will carefully discuss some of the achievements of military rule in Nigeria that you probably don’t know about.

But before we go into that, It is important to note that, the fact that military rule in Nigeria caused so much damage to the country is not disputed. This article only highlights the major impacts of military rule that contributed to the country positively

Restoration of peace and order during political crisis

Local Government reform of 1976 ( right now we all know local government ain't working ) It has been rendered useless and if Local Government is no working , The country can never work out

Decrease in the problem of tribalism in the formation of political parties in Nigeria

Agricultural Development (The highest development and contribution to the agricultural sector of Nigeria was made during the military regime. In Obasanjo’s regime particularly, there was many agricultural policies that ensured the growth of Agriculture in Nigeria.)

National Integration (It was for this purpose that Gowon created the National Youth Service Cops (NYSC). This innovation enabled many graduates to serve in areas outside their own states and has consequently brought about greater national awareness amongst the Youths. For me, NYSC is also one of the achievements of the military in Nigeria.)

Foreign policy (On foreign policy, a considerable and lasting impact was made during the military rule. At the first republic, Nigeria foreign policy was centered around Britain and the common wealth Africa. In fact, it is only right to say that Nigeria’s government was pro-west and anti-communist at this time.

Nonetheless, at the wake of military intervention, Nigeria’s foreign policy become weak and lacked dynamism. This was so because the period was marked by political crisis and instability. But the Civil War of 1967 saw Nigerian adopting a true nonaligned policy.

Based on this, the excessive dependence on Britain and its allies was reduced with the countries of the Eastern Block and People’s Republic of China. At a time under the military, African started enjoying a pride of place in Nigeria’s foreign policy. Eventually, Nigeria became an avowed opponent of apartheid.

The military also adopted foreign policies that projected our National power abroad, playing a leadership role in the Organization of African Union (OAU) and to be seen and treated as an emrgent power on the continent of Africa.)

Creation of states

Large scale rehabilitation

Introduction of New Currency

Development in Nigeria’s education & communication sectors

Launching of O.F.N ( Operation Feed The Nation)

Establishment of New Capital

Lastly I believe with military government ,Nigerians brain will reset because damages had been done from day one we got independence
Re: What Would U Do To Change Nigeria If U Were In Pmb's Shoes by richmond500: 1:40pm On Apr 03, 2021
optionalY09:
I will deliver myself to ICC to be prosecuted
hmmm, we don't have any solution
Re: What Would U Do To Change Nigeria If U Were In Pmb's Shoes by richmond500: 1:42pm On Apr 03, 2021
nakaman:
from what I have seen, there is nothing anyone can do, there is always a boss, who bosses the boss that is bossing the country, if there is any disagreements among bosses, and the people suffer, the front boss(president) is held responsible.
let's unite to divide this nation. no solution.
so after the division and there arise boss bossing boss that boss the boss, will u divide further and keep dividing until ur country is just one plot of land?
Re: What Would U Do To Change Nigeria If U Were In Pmb's Shoes by optionalY09: 1:46pm On Apr 03, 2021
richmond500:
hmmm, we don't have any solution

The quality of Buhari can only cause Nigeria to divide he’s not a problem solver but an idiot
Re: What Would U Do To Change Nigeria If U Were In Pmb's Shoes by richmond500: 1:51pm On Apr 03, 2021
optionalY09:

The quality of Buhari can only cause Nigeria to divide he’s not a problem solver but an idiot
what will u do amidst insecurity, how will u transform the country?
This isn't a thread to insult PMB but a thread to give solutions
Re: What Would U Do To Change Nigeria If U Were In Pmb's Shoes by richmond500: 1:55pm On Apr 03, 2021
Ohizfly:

It is often argued that military rule in Nigeria...
When the disadvantage far outweighs the advantage, the advantage becomes irrelevant.

Even Devil had advantage by making us wise and some religion says, God is the enemy of man because he never wanted man to be wise but the devil is friendly and gave man wisdom, can u even believe this?

Everything has another part of the story, military was bad for Nigeria
Re: What Would U Do To Change Nigeria If U Were In Pmb's Shoes by wwwihy: 1:56pm On Apr 03, 2021
If country is restored default settings...90% of Nigerians are selfish, self-centered, corrupt and do not think about the over all good.

We are worshipping money.. . Pastors, iman Family, civil Servants etc.

Parents now encourage their wards to cheats , engage in 419, Kidnapping etc.

How can the country move forward with that.

No matter what Government does , our morality is lost

Family values are lost.

If there is no restoration of family values .. forget it .
Re: What Would U Do To Change Nigeria If U Were In Pmb's Shoes by orisa37: 1:57pm On Apr 03, 2021
I will discard RIFA-RUGA ISLAMISATION FULANISATION AND ANARCHY POLICY THAT BUHARI IS ACTING NOW.

I WILL APPLY FULL APREC-AUTONOMOUS POLICING, RESOURCING AND ELECTIONEERING CONTROL TO ALL OUR 36 CONSTITUTIONAL STATES IMMEDIATELY.

I WILL INSTRUCT THE NASS TO MAKE THE EXCLUSIVE LIST INCLUSIVE AND CONCURRENT TO ALL THE 36 CONSTITUTIONAL STATES OF THE FEDERATION.

I WILL REDUCE F.G's AUTHORITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES TO LIAISON IN FOREIGN AFFAIRS, FOREIGN AGGRESSION AND ASSISTING THE 36 CONSTITUTIONAL STATES IN NEGOTIATING SIGNING AND SEALING CONTRACTS AND AGREEMENTS WITH AND WITHOUT THEMSELVES.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

See Why The North Is Smarter Than The South / Resident Doctors To Suspend Strike After Meeting With Mr Speaker / Why Did The Nigerian Army Massacre Asaba People? Survivors Speak

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.