Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,434 members, 7,830,186 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:31 PM

Ebonyi Indigenes Blame Oil Discovery for Effium Killings - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ebonyi Indigenes Blame Oil Discovery for Effium Killings (1710 Views)

Marketers Blame Oil Price, FOREX As Cooking Gas Price Rises Again / Oil Discovery In Bauchi, Gombe Will Cut Niger-Delta Political Power - Buhari / Effium Killings: Umahi To Rebuild Ebonyi Community Destroyed By Communual Clash (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ebonyi Indigenes Blame Oil Discovery for Effium Killings by Ctorch: 5:35pm On Apr 03, 2021
The Association of Ebonyi State Indigenes in the Diaspora (AESID) has blamed the discovery of oil and mineral deposits for the recent killings in Effium, Ohaukwu Council of the Ebonyi State.
In the same vein, Ebonyi indigenes in Lagos, under the aegis of Development Association of Ebonyi State (DAES), condemned the spate of interstate boundary disputes and communal conflicts affecting some communities and towns in the state, saying these have become issues of great concern to every well- meaning and right-thinking indigene at home and in the Diaspora, as hundreds of innocent people have been killed or maimed, with properties worth billions of naira wantonly destroyed in the myriad of gory conflicts.

AESID President, Ambassador Paschal Oluchukwu, alleged that the situation was further worsened by the attempt by the state government, in partnership with a billionaire investor from Anambra State determined to mine the mineral deposits, in breach of laid down rules and regulations.

The association maintained that it was not opposed to investors mining the mineral deposits, so long as it meets the requirements of the law, just as it asked the state government to clear the air on the need to assure the people of Effium on their safety.

AESID, in a statement, noted: “Recall that we had always raised the alarm and condemned the ongoing carnage in Effium, which first started on January 22, this year. So far, uncountable number of souls, particularly of Ezza descent, have been lost to the violent attacks, which we have also consistently blamed on the state government, led by Governor David Nweze Umahi, for his inability to show leadership and live up to his constitutional responsibility of protecting lives and property of citizens, as canvassed in the Nigerian constitution.

“However, we have now unravelled the actual reason the state government is grandstanding, rather than bringing the sponsors of the killings to book. It has come to the notice of AESID that the discovery of some mineral deposits, such as lead, tin, zinc and some deposits of crude oil, is the main reason the Korri natives, sponsored and believably backed, are hell-bent on wiping out the rest of other dwellers in Effium and the Ezzas, who have the highest population from the area.”

It continued: “AESID is miffed by the insidiously desperate attempts to favour one side against the other and perpetrate heinous violent crimes against those it feels could be an obstacle or opposition to its planned forceful and secret mining activities in Effium. This is insane and downrightly condemnable and we so do.

“The said billionaire businessman, whose firm is said to be interested in the mining operations, should know better how the law provides for corporate institutions interested in tapping mineral resources in a land or community should best approach it to avoid clandestine moves that could endanger lives and property, as is currently the case in Effium.

“We, therefore, insist that Umahi must act by ordering the arrest and prosecution of the a local government chairman and indeed others allegedly mentioned in this crime.

“The attempts to clampdown, arrest and detain some Ezza stakeholders for voicing out their outrage over these dastardly attacks, including the detention of a member, representing Ezza South Constituency in the state House of Assembly, Chris Usulor, by the DSS is highly condemned by this body.”

The statement described the declaration of Oluchukwu as a wanted person in the state as a joke.In a communiqué signed by the President, Felix Amah Nnachi; Emmanuel Chukwu; Ernest Ukpai; Mrs. Ngozi Egbo; Onyebuchi Kingsley Aleke; Emmanuel Akam; Nwuguru Simeon and Martins Eze at the end of a general meeting in Lagos, DAES asked the Federal Government and Umahi to collaborate with relevant authorities, especially the National Boundary Commission (NBC) to manage the conflicts, while continuing in the search for permanent solutions to the unending boundary dispute between Ebonyi and neighbouring Benue and Cross River states.

DAES noted that the two conflicts have rendered Ebonyi citizens vulnerable, leaving them backward, devastated and hapless.
While commending Umahi for his people-oriented leadership programmes, massive infrastructural developments in the state, commitment to the peace and overall development and political will to get things right, the group solicited for more proactive measures from the government in arresting or preventing further conflicts in other communities still entangled in similar experience.

https://m.guardian.ng/news/ebonyi-indigenes-blame-oil-discovery-for-effium-killings-umahi-for-inaction/
Re: Ebonyi Indigenes Blame Oil Discovery for Effium Killings by Kriss216: 5:35pm On Apr 03, 2021
Umahi has infected Ebonyians with "Blame Game" he inherited from his master Buhari.
Re: Ebonyi Indigenes Blame Oil Discovery for Effium Killings by Sammy07: 5:37pm On Apr 03, 2021
Kriss216, fahdiga, Asgard13

What do you have to say? grin

Or nah Yoruba matter you carry for head

5 Likes

Re: Ebonyi Indigenes Blame Oil Discovery for Effium Killings by Nobody: 5:37pm On Apr 03, 2021
Chimoooo

Hahahaha...

These guys needs total re-orientation
Re: Ebonyi Indigenes Blame Oil Discovery for Effium Killings by Nobody: 5:43pm On Apr 03, 2021
Sammy07:
This is not funny..
Re: Ebonyi Indigenes Blame Oil Discovery for Effium Killings by amuwo1980: 5:43pm On Apr 03, 2021
Fake news

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi Indigenes Blame Oil Discovery for Effium Killings by ThumbzTNA(m): 5:45pm On Apr 03, 2021
I hope witches will actually read the story before falling for the misleading headline.

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi Indigenes Blame Oil Discovery for Effium Killings by KoshCAD: 5:45pm On Apr 03, 2021
grin Hahahahaha
Re: Ebonyi Indigenes Blame Oil Discovery for Effium Killings by KoshCAD: 5:46pm On Apr 03, 2021
Sammy07:

They are busy looking for Yoruba thread

2 Likes

Re: Ebonyi Indigenes Blame Oil Discovery for Effium Killings by Nobody: 5:46pm On Apr 03, 2021
Ctorch:
[s]The Association of Ebonyi State Indigenes in the Diaspora (AESID) has blamed the discovery of oil and mineral deposits for the recent killings in Effium, Ohaukwu Council of the Ebonyi State.
In the same vein, Ebonyi indigenes in Lagos, under the aegis of Development Association of Ebonyi State (DAES), condemned the spate of interstate boundary disputes and communal conflicts affecting some communities and towns in the state, saying these have become issues of great concern to every well- meaning and right-thinking indigene at home and in the Diaspora, as hundreds of innocent people have been killed or maimed, with properties worth billions of naira wantonly destroyed in the myriad of gory conflicts.

AESID President, Ambassador Paschal Oluchukwu, alleged that the situation was further worsened by the attempt by the state government, in partnership with a billionaire investor from Anambra State determined to mine the mineral deposits, in breach of laid down rules and regulations.

The association maintained that it was not opposed to investors mining the mineral deposits, so long as it meets the requirements of the law, just as it asked the state government to clear the air on the need to assure the people of Effium on their safety.

AESID, in a statement, noted: “Recall that we had always raised the alarm and condemned the ongoing carnage in Effium, which first started on January 22, this year. So far, uncountable number of souls, particularly of Ezza descent, have been lost to the violent attacks, which we have also consistently blamed on the state government, led by Governor David Nweze Umahi, for his inability to show leadership and live up to his constitutional responsibility of protecting lives and property of citizens, as canvassed in the Nigerian constitution.

“However, we have now unravelled the actual reason the state government is grandstanding, rather than bringing the sponsors of the killings to book. It has come to the notice of AESID that the discovery of some mineral deposits, such as lead, tin, zinc and some deposits of crude oil, is the main reason the Korri natives, sponsored and believably backed, are hell-bent on wiping out the rest of other dwellers in Effium and the Ezzas, who have the highest population from the area.”

It continued: “AESID is miffed by the insidiously desperate attempts to favour one side against the other and perpetrate heinous violent crimes against those it feels could be an obstacle or opposition to its planned forceful and secret mining activities in Effium. This is insane and downrightly condemnable and we so do.

“The said billionaire businessman, whose firm is said to be interested in the mining operations, should know better how the law provides for corporate institutions interested in tapping mineral resources in a land or community should best approach it to avoid clandestine moves that could endanger lives and property, as is currently the case in Effium.

“We, therefore, insist that Umahi must act by ordering the arrest and prosecution of the a local government chairman and indeed others allegedly mentioned in this crime.

“The attempts to clampdown, arrest and detain some Ezza stakeholders for voicing out their outrage over these dastardly attacks, including the detention of a member, representing Ezza South Constituency in the state House of Assembly, Chris Usulor, by the DSS is highly condemned by this body.”

The statement described the declaration of Oluchukwu as a wanted person in the state as a joke.In a communiqué signed by the President, Felix Amah Nnachi; Emmanuel Chukwu; Ernest Ukpai; Mrs. Ngozi Egbo; Onyebuchi Kingsley Aleke; Emmanuel Akam; Nwuguru Simeon and Martins Eze at the end of a general meeting in Lagos, DAES asked the Federal Government and Umahi to collaborate with relevant authorities, especially the National Boundary Commission (NBC) to manage the conflicts, while continuing in the search for permanent solutions to the unending boundary dispute between Ebonyi and neighbouring Benue and Cross River states.

DAES noted that the two conflicts have rendered Ebonyi citizens vulnerable, leaving them backward, devastated and hapless.
While commending Umahi for his people-oriented leadership programmes, massive infrastructural developments in the state, commitment to the peace and overall development and political will to get things right, the group solicited for more proactive measures from the government in arresting or preventing further conflicts in other communities still entangled in similar experience.

https://m.guardian.ng/news/ebonyi-indigenes-blame-oil-discovery-for-effium-killings-umahi-for-inaction/

[/s]

Afonja divisive journalism

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ebonyi Indigenes Blame Oil Discovery for Effium Killings by SlayerForever: 5:46pm On Apr 03, 2021
How did oil suddenly become the problem when we know Enonyi indigenes have been butchering each other for decades.

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi Indigenes Blame Oil Discovery for Effium Killings by hollah123: 5:50pm On Apr 03, 2021
cc fahdiga mayniaa bigprik welcometobiafra nigeriabiafra82 cyynthiakiss rawhumper donstan18 Sctests afonjaconehead afonjacow Asgard13 FSU justosee rugaria nairalandankrah kriss216
Re: Ebonyi Indigenes Blame Oil Discovery for Effium Killings by Megatrix: 5:50pm On Apr 03, 2021
What kind of silly headline is this from the Guardian. I've read the story through twice and I still can't find where Ebony is blaming Anambra state for the attacks.

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi Indigenes Blame Oil Discovery for Effium Killings by Resurrection212: 5:51pm On Apr 03, 2021
When I said Anambra people are the problem of southeast they are saying I am Yoruba Afonja Muslim.

What would you call these people now.
Re: Ebonyi Indigenes Blame Oil Discovery for Effium Killings by Resurrection212: 5:52pm On Apr 03, 2021
Read it very well tribalism will kill many of you guys here.
Megatrix:
What kind of silly headline is this from the Guardian. I've read the story through twice and I still can't find where Ebony is blaming Anambra state for the attacks.
Re: Ebonyi Indigenes Blame Oil Discovery for Effium Killings by Sammy07: 5:54pm On Apr 03, 2021
Juliusmalema:

This is not funny..

I know.
But those three guys carry Yoruba matter for head like gala

2 Likes

Re: Ebonyi Indigenes Blame Oil Discovery for Effium Killings by gidgiddy: 5:54pm On Apr 03, 2021
Misleading headline and fake news all rolled into one
Re: Ebonyi Indigenes Blame Oil Discovery for Effium Killings by johnmartus(m): 5:54pm On Apr 03, 2021
I also thought you aren't igbo .
Resurrection212:
When I said Anambra people are the problem of southeast they are saying I am Yoruba Afonja Muslim.

Re: Ebonyi Indigenes Blame Oil Discovery for Effium Killings by Resurrection212: 5:56pm On Apr 03, 2021
I'm mbaise man from imo state but sincerely Anambra people are the problem of southeast.
johnmartus:
I also thought you aren't igbo .
Re: Ebonyi Indigenes Blame Oil Discovery for Effium Killings by Megatrix: 5:57pm On Apr 03, 2021
Resurrection212:
Read it very well tribalism will kill many of you guys here.
You are the one that is being killed by tribalism. I went to read it again the third time because of you and I still can't find where they said Anambra state is responsible for the attacks. If you are not one of the tribalistic bigot here trying to promote a useless agenda, show us the exact portion where they said Anambra state is responsible for the attacks.

2 Likes

Re: Ebonyi Indigenes Blame Oil Discovery for Effium Killings by Megatrix: 6:00pm On Apr 03, 2021
Resurrection212:
I'm mbaise man from imo state but sincerely Anambra people are the problem of southeast.
Mr man, you are not from Mbaise, stop embarrassing your forefathers here.

2 Likes

Re: Ebonyi Indigenes Blame Oil Discovery for Effium Killings by johnmartus(m): 6:01pm On Apr 03, 2021
Ok
Resurrection212:
Re: Ebonyi Indigenes Blame Oil Discovery for Effium Killings by KoshCAD: 6:02pm On Apr 03, 2021
catfrog10:

E pain you hahahahaha.
Re: Ebonyi Indigenes Blame Oil Discovery for Effium Killings by Nobody: 6:07pm On Apr 03, 2021
Resurrection212:

You are a product of Awolowo aside sniper.
Re: Ebonyi Indigenes Blame Oil Discovery for Effium Killings by johnmartus(m): 6:13pm On Apr 03, 2021
So all these people with tribalmark are Yoruba. Some of you are stark illiterate, tribalmark is not a child abuse it's our culture .

The same tattoo many of you guys most especially whites are struggling to have was originated from Yoruba people.
catfrog10:

Re: Ebonyi Indigenes Blame Oil Discovery for Effium Killings by Resurrection212: 6:18pm On Apr 03, 2021
Internet rat who is your father in igbo land.
Juliusmalema:

You are a product of Awolowo aside sniper.
Re: Ebonyi Indigenes Blame Oil Discovery for Effium Killings by Resurrection212: 6:20pm On Apr 03, 2021
Mr man I am from IMO state from mbaise precisely I'm a prince future king for that matter.
Megatrix:

Mr man, you are not from Mbaise, stop embarrassing your forefathers here.
Re: Ebonyi Indigenes Blame Oil Discovery for Effium Killings by Nobody: 6:20pm On Apr 03, 2021
Resurrection212:
Internet rat who is your father in igbo land.

Your mentor died of rat poison... Awolowo is a disgrace even to rats.

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi Indigenes Blame Oil Discovery for Effium Killings by IgweOfNnewi: 6:21pm On Apr 03, 2021
Rashidi right now

2 Likes

Re: Ebonyi Indigenes Blame Oil Discovery for Effium Killings by Resurrection212: 6:21pm On Apr 03, 2021
You lack ability to comprehended.
Megatrix:

You are the one that is being killed by tribalism. I went to read it again the third time because of you and I still can't find where they said Anambra state is responsible for the attacks. If you are not one of the tribalistic bigot here trying to promote a useless agenda, show us the exact portion where they said Anambra state is responsible for the attacks.
Re: Ebonyi Indigenes Blame Oil Discovery for Effium Killings by Nobody: 6:22pm On Apr 03, 2021
johnmartus:
[s]So all these people with tribalmark are Yoruba. Some of you are stark illiterate, tribalmark is not a child abuse it's our culture .

The same tattoo many of you guys most especially whites are struggling to have was originated from Yoruba people.[/s]

Mutilate your face like this and post it here let me see. Anumanu!

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi Indigenes Blame Oil Discovery for Effium Killings by Resurrection212: 6:25pm On Apr 03, 2021
Of course Awolowo is my mentor and political father. That left this sinful world about 35 years ago and the name still keep ringing to the world.

Who is talking about Zik again even here in IMO state we don't know him
Juliusmalema:

Your mentor died of rat poison... Awolowo is a disgrace even to rats.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Gov. Umahi Inspects Ongoing Construction Of Ebonyi Lodge In Abuja At Night (pics / GEJ "A Good Man You All Gathered To Destroy With Misinformation, Propaganda / The Nigerian Press Owes IPOB An Apology For False Reportage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.