Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,575 members, 7,816,418 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:56 AM

Similarities Between The Southwest Nigerian Yoruba And The Usa - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Similarities Between The Southwest Nigerian Yoruba And The Usa (2263 Views)

Similarities And Differences Between Ilaje And Itsekiri / Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri / Similarities Between The Igbo And Other Eastern Peoples (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Similarities Between The Southwest Nigerian Yoruba And The Usa by kodewrita(m): 9:02am On Apr 18, 2011
I guess in the southwest we sometimes act like americans.

We would rather live here than anywhere else.

We believe the rest copy us. (Go as far as kenya. You'll sit geles sitting pretty on many african women's heads).
(About music: A few yoruba words here and there can raise your growing music career by some hundred thousand CDs).

We buy and sell mostly within.

We allow aliens n immigrants to settle in. The Three Talking Statues in Lagos or the normal central Roundabout Statues in our many cities would be our own version of the statue of Liberty.

We try to fight moral wars.

We are businessmen at heart who protect our core interests.

We tend to value hard working people.

We value education and smart people too.

We live large when we have it (many wives, many cars, many pieces of meat).

We remove leaders that grow too big for their britches.
Re: Similarities Between The Southwest Nigerian Yoruba And The Usa by Nobody: 9:04am On Apr 18, 2011
hmm, interesting!

this thread has potential.
Re: Similarities Between The Southwest Nigerian Yoruba And The Usa by kodewrita(m): 9:08am On Apr 18, 2011
Oops I forgot:

They all wanna live here.
Re: Similarities Between The Southwest Nigerian Yoruba And The Usa by nusdog: 6:28pm On Apr 18, 2011
You forgot to mention your Oro festivals where you behead unsuspecting victims.
Re: Similarities Between The Southwest Nigerian Yoruba And The Usa by kodewrita(m): 3:56pm On Mar 16, 2012
nusdog: You forgot to mention your Oro festivals where you behead unsuspecting victims.
Ku Klux Klan
Re: Similarities Between The Southwest Nigerian Yoruba And The Usa by Afam4eva(m): 7:56pm On Mar 16, 2012
Funny thread.
Re: Similarities Between The Southwest Nigerian Yoruba And The Usa by kodewrita(m): 10:41am On Mar 19, 2012
Wrote it in one of my lighter moments.

(1) (Reply)

Happy Friendship Day Messages, SMS, Greetings 2015 / Child Marriage - 10-yer-old Girl Forced Into Marrying 28-year-old Man: (photos) / Biko, Teach Me Igbo!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.