Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,762 members, 7,817,105 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:51 AM

Jonathan Should Appoint Buhari As Efcc Boss - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Should Appoint Buhari As Efcc Boss (1000 Views)

Letter To President Buhari Warns Against EFCC Boss Lamorde And Senator Akpabio / Police IG, Arase, Moves To Remove Lamorde As EFCC Chairman - Premium Times / As EFCC Goes After Daughter, Turai Yar’adua Runs To Obasanjo For Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Should Appoint Buhari As Efcc Boss by Xfactoria: 9:41am On Apr 18, 2011
Since Buhari's campaign was premised on anti-corruption, I think it will make sense for Jonathan to appoint him as EFCC boss and afford him the much needed opportunity to stamp corruption out of Nigeria. That way, Jonathan will even win more support from well meaning Nigerians who are of the opinion that corruption is our major problem and would have been on the verge of tackling a major problem in addition to those he promised to address like Power and Education.

Although, I have a strong feeling that Buhari will reject the appointment, I hope that his supporters (BB supporters) would be able to convince him to take the job if they really mean well for Nigeria. Building Nigeria to the country of our dream should be a collective effort.

I really feel strong about this. What do you guys think?
Re: Jonathan Should Appoint Buhari As Efcc Boss by assme: 9:43am On Apr 18, 2011
Supported!
Re: Jonathan Should Appoint Buhari As Efcc Boss by real4life: 9:49am On Apr 18, 2011
EFCC is a parastatal under the control of attorney general of the federation. Not fitting for a former head of state.
Re: Jonathan Should Appoint Buhari As Efcc Boss by Adanora: 9:49am On Apr 18, 2011
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS. very good suggestion. He will do very well as the BOSS EFCC. Correct
Re: Jonathan Should Appoint Buhari As Efcc Boss by Xfactoria: 9:52am On Apr 18, 2011
real4life:

EFCC is a parastatal under the control of attorney general of the federation. Not fitting for a former head of state.

For a special rescue mission, a former head of state should be humble enough to make that sacrifice of serving there If he really means well. You don't have to be the President to make that change.

If Buhari refuses it on that ground, then all his anti-corruption stuffs would be a ruse afterall. In fact, If I were GEJ, that would be the best way to show that Buhari only wanted power for having it sake and not because he is passionate about any change.
Re: Jonathan Should Appoint Buhari As Efcc Boss by Odunnu: 9:57am On Apr 18, 2011
Just today this same thought crossed thru my mind.
He claims to be an anti-corruption warlord. We can utilise his passion.
Sai Buhari!
Re: Jonathan Should Appoint Buhari As Efcc Boss by jensinmi(m): 9:57am On Apr 18, 2011
X-factoria:

Since Buhari's campaign was premised on anti-corruption, I think it will make sense for Jonathan to appoint him as EFCC boss and afford him the much needed opportunity to stamp corruption out of Nigeria. That way, Jonathan will even win more support from well meaning Nigerians who are of the opinion that corruption is our major problem and would have been on the verge of tackling a major problem in addition to those he promised to address like Power and Education.

Although, I have a strong feeling that Buhari will reject the appointment, I hope that his supporters (BB supporters) would be able to convince him to take the job if they really mean well for Nigeria. Building Nigeria to the country of our dream should be a collective effort.

I really feel strong about this. What do you guys think?

Your suggestion is akin to the Isrealis handing Hamas a nuke. shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Jonathan will do no such thing. Your suggestion is based on the assumption that Jonathan really wants an end to corruption. I doubt Jonathan will want Buhari to expose the skeletons in his cupboard.

That being said, I'm quite happy that despite the CPC's loss, James Ibori has just landed in the UK. He will be more than willing to "sing like a canary".

He'll snitch on them all:

Ibori will snitch on Alams
Ibori will snitch on Odili
Ibori will snitch on Attah and lastly
Ibori will snitch on Goodluck Jonathan. grin grin grin grin
Re: Jonathan Should Appoint Buhari As Efcc Boss by efisher(m): 10:02am On Apr 18, 2011
He cannot head EFCC. Just for the sake of an inclusive government, we can consider another option:

If he is not able to head it, a special advisory committee on anti-corruption and security can be set up with people like him and Ribadu involved. They can work jointly with EFCC, the police and every other law enforcement agency.

Keyword: ADVISORY.
Re: Jonathan Should Appoint Buhari As Efcc Boss by blacksta(m): 10:05am On Apr 18, 2011
efisher:

If he is not able to head it, a special advisory committee on anti-corruption and security can be set up with people like him and Ribadu involved. They can work jointly with EFCC, the police and every other law enforcement agency.

More delusions -

GEJ is an embodiment of corruption - so the people you mention would never work with GEJ - it is case of trying to swim up stream
Re: Jonathan Should Appoint Buhari As Efcc Boss by real4life: 10:21am On Apr 18, 2011
X-factoria:

For a special rescue mission, a former head of state should be humble enough to make that sacrifice of serving there If he really means well. You don't have to be the President to make that change.

If Buhari refuses it on that ground, then all his anti-corruption stuffs would be a ruse afterall. In fact, If I were GEJ, that would be the best way to show that Buhari only wanted power for having it sake and not because he is passionate about any change.

I only posted that to expose hypocrisy of people like you.
Re: Jonathan Should Appoint Buhari As Efcc Boss by Xfactoria: 10:39am On Apr 18, 2011
real4life:

I only posted that to expose hypocrisy of people like you.

There is no hypocrisy about it. I have never hidden my suspicion of Buhari's willingness to fight corruption because of his questionable association with the Abachas and for the fact that he is only going to probe government spendings from 1999! Why not from August 1985?

So, I recommended him for this appointment for two reasons. One, if he accepts the job of the EFCC boss, he would earn my respect forever as the most patriotic Nigerian dead/alive as he would have come across as a selfless leader that is genuinely interested in rescuing the nation from the shackles of corruption. Two, If he turns down the offer, then it would mean that personal glory and not the passion for service to our fatherland has been his motivation for vying for the Presidency as I suspected.

I have always been of the opinion that if Buhari is really about fighting corruption alone, then we do not necessarily have to make him President to achieve that.
Re: Jonathan Should Appoint Buhari As Efcc Boss by sayso: 10:40am On Apr 18, 2011
no I SAY power sector will be a good idea,we need infrastructure very quick now,leave the corruption path,the electorate will deal with it later with their votes.
Re: Jonathan Should Appoint Buhari As Efcc Boss by Seun(m): 12:24pm On Apr 18, 2011
I was going to suggest that too, but the violence in Kaduna and Buhari's silence changed my mind.
Re: Jonathan Should Appoint Buhari As Efcc Boss by Coolabbie: 12:28pm On Apr 18, 2011
God forbid dat my president lowers himself to serve under a thief who will do everything possible to frustrate him.
Re: Jonathan Should Appoint Buhari As Efcc Boss by Gbawe: 12:48pm On Apr 18, 2011
Have some of you developed amnesia because of an electoral victory? All that held true yesterday is now to be suddenly ignored because GEJ won an election ? Na wa OOO . Those who say we get the leaders we deserve are perhaps correct . What happened to Halliburton under GEJ? Is the indictment against IBB now not buried forever under GEJ ? How about the continued retention of Waziri who is thoroughly despised worldwide ? Has the war against corruption not totally ended under a highly profligate President who has been criticized by his own advisory committee for wantonly wasteful spending ?

You guys should keep dreaming . As if GEJ wants to fight corruption enough to even look in Buhari's direction. You should tell us why he went for the new and improved Aondoakaa (Adoke) as AGF when men men of integrity and distinction were ignored . Those are the facts pragmatic folks don't ignore . I guess the most corrupt Nigerians , like Anenih et al, who sweated blood for GEJ's victory will suddenly all be thrown in jail by Buhari while GEJ stands by and watches.

Some of you should get real . You are beginning to go on flights of fantasy that will only end with a crash landing . Jonathan has won but no need for anyone to begin insulting the intelligence of Nigerians going by what has happened so far i.e the total decimation of the war against corruption by Yar Adua and GEJ. There is every proof that Jonathan is likely to abet corruption rather than fight it . That is what those who are not dreamers will admit to themselves.
Re: Jonathan Should Appoint Buhari As Efcc Boss by jumobi1(m): 1:27pm On Apr 18, 2011
Be realistic guys. It's a slow process. All these politicians have dirty hands. Fighting corruption is a slow process. Unless GEJ feels like dying
Re: Jonathan Should Appoint Buhari As Efcc Boss by Seun(m): 2:12pm On Apr 18, 2011
jumobi1:

Be realistic guys. It's a slow process. All these politicians have dirty hands. Fighting corruption is a slow process. Unless GEJ feels like dying

He speaks the truth.
Re: Jonathan Should Appoint Buhari As Efcc Boss by IbroYaya: 2:17pm On Apr 18, 2011
Supported!!. Lets see how he will perform there,

Mr clean, Mr stainless, Mr Jail-dem-all.

EFCC go fit oh, but certainly not Nigerian presidency
Re: Jonathan Should Appoint Buhari As Efcc Boss by Nobody: 2:27pm On Apr 18, 2011
I really support this, brilliant suggestion
Re: Jonathan Should Appoint Buhari As Efcc Boss by Jakumo(m): 2:30pm On Apr 18, 2011
Ayatollah Buhari should NOT be handed ANY political power whatsoever, be that as president, dog catcher, or prostitution licence inspector.

There should be NO room in any democratic dispensation  for unrepentant coup plotters and embezzlers of Ayatollah Buhari's sorry ilk.

Let that Sharia-obsessed, violence-instigating, broke-asz, rodent-toothed camel-jockey scurry back to his squalid village and die there as a public service.   People are being slaughtered on the streets of Kano and Kaduna right this minute, just because their brain-dead Aytollah is far too vain, pompous and embittered to concede defeat and support the man who solidly beat him in the just-concluded Nigerian presidential elections.

Goodluck Johnathan does NOT owe Ayatollah Buhari one mufuggin thing, other than the service of an arrest warrant, and a nice dark cell in which to sit out that well deserved jail sentence for riot-instigation and public disorder conspiracy.
Re: Jonathan Should Appoint Buhari As Efcc Boss by Seun(m): 3:18am On Apr 19, 2011
Jakumo:

Ayatollah Buhari should NOT be handed ANY political power whatsoever, be that as president, dog catcher, or prostitution licence inspector.

There should be NO room in any democratic dispensation  for unrepentant coup plotters and embezzlers of Ayatollah Buhari's sorry ilk.

Let that Sharia-obsessed, violence-instigating, broke-asz, rodent-toothed camel-jockey scurry back to his squalid village and die there as a public service.   People are being slaughtered on the streets of Kano and Kaduna right this minute, just because their brain-dead Aytollah is far too vain, pompous and embittered to concede defeat and support the man who solidly beat him in the just-concluded Nigerian presidential elections.

Goodluck Johnathan does NOT owe Ayatollah Buhari one mufuggin thing, other than the service of an arrest warrant, and a nice dark cell in which to sit out that well deserved jail sentence for riot-instigation and public disorder conspiracy.

Well said.
Re: Jonathan Should Appoint Buhari As Efcc Boss by hercules07: 3:23am On Apr 19, 2011
Buhari will not serve under GEJ, Seun Buhari and his party have condemned the violence, let GEJ perform his duties as the President of Nigeria.

(1) (Reply)

Un Habitat Survey Rates Nigeria Local Councils 'ineffective' / The Ojukwu 'dead' 'not Dead' Media Conflict / Ghadaffi Captured?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.