Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,326 members, 7,864,561 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 08:36 PM

“if I Lose, I Will Leave” – Goodluck Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / “if I Lose, I Will Leave” – Goodluck Jonathan (518 Views)

Olusegun Obasanjo, Pls Leave Goodluck Jonathan Alone. / Jang: "I Will Leave Office As Nigeria’s Poorest Governor / I Will Hand Over If I Lose, Says President Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

“if I Lose, I Will Leave” – Goodluck Jonathan by LTVersati(m): 9:56am On Apr 18, 2011
http://korrectnation.com/?p=6183

President Goodluck Jonathan yesterday expressed his preference for a winner in yesterday’s presidential election to emerge from the first ballot, pledging to quit if he lost.
He also predicted a brighter future for Nigeria, saying it will never degenerate to Cote d’Ivoire’s situation.
He spoke shortly after casting his vote at 12.35 p.m in his Otueke home town.

Jonathan said: “If I lose, of course I will leave. That is the essence of using myself as an experiment. As to whether the election will go into a run-off, I pray that we don’t go into a bye-election, because of the cost implication.

“Nigeria is a very big country, if you calculate the colossal sum of money for the ad hoc staff, then for economic reason and to even reduce tension. We pray that whoever wins should win at the first ballot.”
He reiterated his promise not to influence the presidential election even though he was contesting as a sitting president.

“I am contesting the election as a sitting president and will not influence the process. That has been demonstrated in the conduct of the previous election. You can go and find out from the INEC,” he added.
Re: “if I Lose, I Will Leave” – Goodluck Jonathan by blacksta(m): 9:59am On Apr 18, 2011
Yawns
Re: “if I Lose, I Will Leave” – Goodluck Jonathan by Xfactoria: 10:27am On Apr 18, 2011
May God bless Jonathan and grant him the wisdom and power to stir the ship of our country aright.

I am more than excited about his victory for so many reasons chief among which is the fact that it signals the waining influence/retirement of people like IBB, OBJ, Atiku, Buhari, Ciroma etc all of whom belong to the decaying Nigeria. By 2015, I am sure all (that is if they are not all dead by then), except maybe Atiku would be totally irrelevant in the scheme of things in this country. Jonathan signals a subtle break-away from those ugly devil's advocates, a break-away from the do-or-die politics of OBJ and the nightmares of electoral frauds (even though there are still traces of them).

No matter our negative views about OBJ, there is no taking away the fact that God used him to bring about this change although he might have thought he was being wise. This fresh mandate has been given by the people and not by any godfather.

The President needs everyone's prayer and support at this time.
Re: “if I Lose, I Will Leave” – Goodluck Jonathan by olabukola: 10:59am On Apr 18, 2011
B4 nko? Is he gonna be another Mugabe?

(1) (Reply)

All Hail President Jonathan The President Elect 2011 / Former Head Of State, Gen Ibrahim Babangida Has Announced His Final Withdrawal From Active Politics, / Nigeria On High Alert After Deadly Unrest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.