Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,049 members, 7,841,964 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 05:56 PM

Be Proud Of Where You Come From, Speaker Nwifuru To Amb. Ominyi. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Be Proud Of Where You Come From, Speaker Nwifuru To Amb. Ominyi. (259 Views)

Gov. Nwifuru To Visit Venue Of MC Walter's 130 Hours Entertainment Marathon / INEC Declares APC’s Nwifuru Winner Of Ebonyi Governorship Election / Ngwo United Asso.onitsha Branch Paid Visit To Amb.bianca Ojukwu(photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Be Proud Of Where You Come From, Speaker Nwifuru To Amb. Ominyi. by Elijahnonso1(m): 8:53am On Apr 04, 2021
“BE PROUD OF WHO YOU ARE; BE PROUD OF WHERE YOU COME FROM” - SPEAKER NWIFURU TO AMB. OMINYI

The Honourable Speaker of Ebonyi State House of Assembly - Rt. Hon. Francis Ogbonna Nwifuru has handed his love and warm regards to His Excellency, Amb. Ominyi Nwannebuike Eze - Nigerian High Commissioner to the Republic of Zambia, as he begins his new role in that Southern part of Africa.

Speaker Nwifuru, who was in full company of the Distinguished Honourable Members of Ebonyi State House of Assembly, praised the newly appointed Ambassador for the wisdom and sensitivity he has shown in informing the State of his departure to the Republic of Zambia.

Amb. Ominyi, who was on a farewell visit to the Honourable Speaker, thanked the Honourable Members for keeping their faith steady in his abilities and trusting in him, when the announcement of his appointment as an Ambassador designate came in.

“I want to thank you Sir, for your vote of confidence and goodwill towards me. As a House of Assembly, I know that if you had written a negative report about me to Mr. President, I wouldn't have succeeded, but most of you have already sent congratulatory messages to me. I want to let you know that as the Law requires, I have appeared before the Nigerian Senate, was screened and confirmed. After that we have been inducted and I’ve received my letter of credence from Mr. President.

“By that Sir, I’m at the verge of leaving the country anytime this month, and that is why I considered it necessary to come and inform you, the leaders, that your son, your citizen who has this assignment, is leaving for Zambia to represent Nigeria, as Her High Commissioner. Our duty is to market Nigeria and deepen the trade, security and other relations Zambia has with us.” - Amb. Ominyi said.

Responding to the visit, the clearly elated Speaker Nwifuru, thanked Amb. Ominyi and urged him to remain proud of who he is and where he comes from.

“When I received the letter to inform me of your travel to the Republic of Zambia, I said to myself that you’re a good politician. Others have been on such assignments but they left without anyone knowing. You have started differently and your successes must be mightily different.

“I want to assure you of our support and prayers. Zambia is a very good country. They love us so much especially the Igbo people and I’m very sure that you’ll make the relationship even better.

“So as you begin your new assignment, be proud of who you are. Be proud of where you come from - be proud of this State, be proud of Ebonyi North and Nigeria when you get there. We’re very much proud of you. We ask God to bless, guide, direct you, and give you the strength, wisdom and understanding to discharge your assignment successfully.”

The Deputy Speaker of Ebonyi State House of Assembly, Rt. Hon. Odefa Obasi Odefa, in his vote of thanks, eulogised Amb. Ominyi and wished him the very best in his new role. Other officials of the State and the society present at the function included; His Excellency, Arc. Edward Nkwegu, Hon. Paul James Nwogha, Hon. Mrs Chinyere Nwogbaga, Chief Mathias Adum, Hon. Chief Moses Oshibe, Hon. Kenneth Nwovu (Chairman Onwa Oferekpe Foundation) and a host of others.

© Leo Ekene Oketa
Chief Press Secretary to the Honourable Speaker
Saturday, April 3, 2021.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Niger Delta Groups, Lawyers Kick Against N9b Monthly Security Votes Paid Governo / They Hire Hoodlums From Outside The State And Make Them Pretend To Be IPOB / Buhari's achievements have made Anambra guber simple for APC- Edozie Madu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.